Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't set the icon there, as there is a simple trigger that updates the main party icon every frame. Modify the trigger instead (find party_set_icon in simple triggers; check for sex with troop_get_type).

MadVader said:
You can't set the icon there, as there is a simple trigger that updates the main party icon every frame. Modify the trigger instead (find party_set_icon in simple triggers; check for sex with troop_get_type).
Thnks!! a lot ~

Minhelm said:
Does anybody know if the EULA for Warband is available somewhere?
Searched all over the place but people are only referring to it, not actually linking or quoting it.

Thanks in advance.
Maybe you should ask directly what you want to know. By the sound of it, it already looks like the answer is "no". :smile:
(Not here though, this is for modding, not Warband legalities.)

MadVader said:
Minhelm said:
Does anybody know if the EULA for Warband is available somewhere?
Searched all over the place but people are only referring to it, not actually linking or quoting it.

Thanks in advance.
Maybe you should ask directly what you want to know. By the sound of it, it already looks like the answer is "no". :smile:
(Not here though, this is for modding, not Warband legalities.)

I take that as a "No, I have no idea if the EULA for Warband is available somewhere".
Thanks for replying anyway I guess...
Since the EULA covers what people are allowed to do modding wise and what not I kind found the mod forum to be the right place.

Does anyone know where I can find it?
Telling me that you do not know where to find it does not help with my problem, I will ask the same question in the appropriate forum if you let me know which one that is.

And before more "what you wanna do?" stuff comes up, I just wanna read the EULA so if there is one please let me know.

Hi, I'm trying to rip and intergrate the Custom Character Prsentation screen found in Floris Mod Pack. After sifting through the files and the discovery of the CCP source kit folder I think I am close to having an intergrated CCP screen, however I am throwing two repeat errors on compiling. These are that:

tf_right_align

and

gpu_center_with_outline

are not defined. Any pointers to where they are defined as after searching through every part of Floris I have been unable to find either of those two declarations?

_Sebastian_ said:
Well the formula seems to be correct.

I testet it with a crossbow with 10 shoot_speed and explosive(to see when it hits) bolts with no gravity and no airfriction.
I shoot at a wall at a exact distance of 100meters and the bolt traveled around 8.3 to 8.4sec (it should be 10sec).
So the missile speed was 12m/s and not 10.

All missile speeds are multipiled by 1.2 doesnt matter which weapon type.
Also keep in mind that there is air resistance if you're trying to get absolute speeds.

KeithGB said:
Hi, I'm trying to rip and intergrate the Custom Character Prsentation screen found in Floris Mod Pack. After sifting through the files and the discovery of the CCP source kit folder I think I am close to having an intergrated CCP screen, however I am throwing two repeat errors on compiling. These are that:

tf_right_align

and

gpu_center_with_outline

are not defined. Any pointers to where they are defined as after searching through every part of Floris I have been unable to find either of those two declarations?
tf_ (text flags) are defined in header_presentations.py

The other is Floris modmerger kits specific and is found in the gpu_constants file in the kingdom management tools kit. Didn't know there was anything spread out of there--will look to be sure it is copied over/self contained

Caba`drin said:
tf_ (text flags) are defined in header_presentations.py

The other is Floris modmerger kits specific and is found in the gpu_constants file in the kingdom management tools kit. Didn't know there was anything spread out of there--will look to be sure it is copied over/self contained

Thanks man, the tf_right_align flag is still present in header_prsnt so I have no idea how I've messed it up so that still throws an error. As for gpu_constants, how would I go about implementing this? Or would I be best doing a rollback and using modmerger to do the hard work for me (I have no knowledge of MM, yet...)?

When map building with ships for NW:

1) Ships - Won't sail? They also don't appear to be destructible (used ship type C)
2) Cannons - I put in a fort, added cannons, then they all turned white and won't spawn ammo and such

KeithGB said:
Thanks man, the tf_right_align flag is still present in header_prsnt so I have no idea how I've messed it up so that still throws an error. As for gpu_constants, how would I go about implementing this? Or would I be best doing a rollback and using modmerger to do the hard work for me (I have no knowledge of MM, yet...)?
Took it to the thread.

Bertanx said:
Bertanx said:
Hi, is there a way to bring back the "find an item" cheat to WFaS?

Anyone?
Not without coding it yourself, no. It isn't commented out--it simply isn't in the WFaS module system.

xiphos83 said:
When map building with ships for NW:

1) Ships - Won't sail? They also don't appear to be destructible (used ship type C)
You'll need the module system to change either. But yes, I think both are correct.

Question: Does anyone know the cause of the bug with the absurd amounts of experience awarded to the player upon starting a new character?
I don't know what has caused it, but all of a sudden whenever I start up a new game I advance twenty levels before I pick a background question, and if I pick a troop in multiplayer I advance 14 levels. I have been messing around with adding two new factions recently, which is the only major addition that correlates, although I don't know when it started because I was last working on the mod two months ago and I didn't seem to notice anything untoward, but now when I have decided to start work again it has happened. I was hoping someone might know what it is that causes the problem, because I have seen it before in some other mods which add new factions. These aren't the first new factions I am adding, I added one before and did not notice this problem, but I must have done something differently this time.

That's something cause by faulty faction tier_1 troop assignments, IIRC. I don't have time to search right now, but please search this topic for my posts related to this problem - I used them myself successfully to resolve it after forgetting what caused it.

mbwarband20120611131423.jpg

I just finished porting Hornburg over to 1.153. Compiling is fine with some tiny unused global variable errors. But, yes, the problem is in the picture. This happens whenever I host a game and switch to "Invasion" mode. All other ones are working fine. What did I do wrong here?

P.S All the buttons also become un-selectable, too.

Hey quick two questions:

• Where can the speed multipliers of different terrain types be changed (if they can) in the module system?

Where abouts can I find the code to speed up party map speed after leaving troops behind to escape?

Thanks. :smile:

Look in (or define) script_game_get_party_speed_multiplier.
The code doesn't exist in Native (it only makes the other party ignore you), but you can set a global in mnu_encounter_retreat and check it in the above script. Use a trigger to make it expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom