Consolidated Brainstorm list for Future SoD Versions

Users who are viewing this thread

hairfree said:
Villianese archers use longbows and war bows, they have a powerdraw of 5, vaegir marksman wield strong bows, the bow between longbow and war bow, and they have a powerdraw of six. Better said, if i put 50 marksmen agains 50 villianese sharpshooters, the vaegirs will come out victorious (not with much of course, but still...).

maybe you should try that and see how it turns out :lol: ...first of all - the Villianese have a lot better bow using skill compensating for the lower power draw skill ( therefore, better accuracy ), second - better armour...i've seen you downtalk the Villianese in other posts and threads so i actually decided to run a little test on that matter on several occasions with some deserters, and believe me, you're quite wrong...since every time the Villianese were victorious

[/quote]

Ok, I give up... I got my very own little troop editor so I won't bother you guys with it anymore.

EDIT: Check your difficulty level, your tactic level, your amount of troops against theirs, and last but not least, your ingame tactics. Of course you would be very damn stupid if you couldn't beat some vaegir marksmen with an army....

"Ok, I give up... I got my very own little troop editor so I won't bother you guys with it anymore.

EDIT: Check your difficulty level, your tactic level, your amount of troops against theirs, and last but not least, your ingame tactics. Of course you would be very damn stupid if you couldn't beat some vaegir marksmen with an army...."

the troop editor is another story :roll: ...difficulty level at max, the ammount of troops equal (give or take 1-2), tactics - none, just charging streight away...all specifficly set for the purposes of the "test"...

hairfree said:
"Ok, I give up... I got my very own little troop editor so I won't bother you guys with it anymore.

EDIT: Check your difficulty level, your tactic level, your amount of troops against theirs, and last but not least, your ingame tactics. Of course you would be very damn stupid if you couldn't beat some vaegir marksmen with an army...."

the troop editor is another story :roll: ...difficulty level at max, the ammount of troops equal (give or take 1-2), tactics - none, just charging streight away...all specifficly set for the purposes of the "test"...

Than you should have gotten another result, or one of us is using a different version. And your way of quoting is really annoying btw. If you scroll down when you post a reply, you will see all the recent messages, if you click: insert quote, you will get a proper quote with dates and times and a quote table.

Cyclo, I added an idea to brainstorming list for V5, perhaps you could check if you like it, and if you do you could add it to your list.

The Blacksmith could also allow you to get faction-specific Noble armors (like the High Chief's for Villians), as I don't believe they are accessible at this point, in 4.1 at least (bummer).

Also, kinda OT, but I didn't find the Villian Sharpshooters easy to get at all. I don't know how you do it, but training them is painfully slow, since everything I face has a shield of some sort, so archers really aren't responsible for much killing, so they mainly serve to weaken the enemies, which cuts their exp gains a lot. Is there a training method that I possibly don't know of that would allow my Villianese dudes to become more effective?

Doctor said:
The Blacksmith could also allow you to get faction-specific Noble armors (like the High Chief's for Villians), as I don't believe they are accessible at this point, in 4.1 at least (bummer).

Also, kinda OT, but I didn't find the Villian Sharpshooters easy to get at all. I don't know how you do it, but training them is painfully slow, since everything I face has a shield of some sort, so archers really aren't responsible for much killing, so they mainly serve to weaken the enemies, which cuts their exp gains a lot. Is there a training method that I possibly don't know of that would allow my Villianese dudes to become more effective?

The Blacksmith will already do that in V4.5 final. Hmm... Perhaps you could make your archers more effective... Or find mobs that don't use shields (properly).

NinjaKiwi said:
hairfree said:

Than you should have gotten another result, or one of us is using a different version. And your way of quoting is really annoying btw. If you scroll down when you post a reply, you will see all the recent messages, if you click: insert quote, you will get a proper quote with dates and times and a quote table.

Cyclo, I added an idea to brainstorming list for V5, perhaps you could check if you like it, and if you do you could add it to your list.

definately not using a different version  :lol: :roll: and still getting the same result...perhaps, as you said, it's a matter of tactics...despite i i've used none of that back then...

...and as for my way of quoting, i've tried to change and/or edit that way too many times till it came to a point when i just couldn't care less, the page just wouldn't let me do it or i've been too lame with it...kept on clicking that "quote button" but it still showed up the same way...as for that way (or, in other words - me) being annoying - wouldn't want to start meaningless and pointless discussions...apart from the subject the thread's on about :wink:

Doctor said:
I don't know what kind of strategy you are using with your archers, but my Villianese archers seem to upgrade rather quickly, much more so even than the infantry.  I usually have about 50% archers in the army, with my companions on horseback and a few knights for cav, and the rest infantry. What I usually do is find a hill, place my archers at the top with the infantry slightly behind, and the cav off to the side.  Once the opposing army is close enough my archers can actually hit them, I let them fire away, and they typically get over half my kills.  When they start to close, then I'll let the infantry and cav loose on them to clean up.
I also usually start against sea raiders or the Nords, a good portion of them have 2H weapons or bows, and those that have shields often have throwing weapons. Often they will use their shields to get close enough to make the first throw and are then dead before it leaves their hand.
Hope this helps...once you get them up to SS they are really nasty, especially in sieges.

hairfree said:
NinjaKiwi said:
hairfree said:

definately not using a different version  :lol: :roll: and still getting the same result...perhaps, as you said, it's a matter of tactics...despite i i've used none of that back then...

...and as for my way of quoting, i've tried to change and/or edit that way too many times till it came to a point when i just couldn't care less, the page just wouldn't let me do it or i've been too lame with it...kept on clicking that "quote button" but it still showed up the same way...as for that way (or, in other words - me) being annoying - wouldn't want to start meaningless and pointless discussions...apart from the subject the thread's on about :wink:

Dalai Lama, Ninja Kiwi. -> that's pointless. What we are debating about is really important for our life's. It actually makes a difference.

What does make a difference is the point of this consolidation thread. It is supposed to be short and readable, so i suggest we either quit this discussion, take it to the Pm's or pretend to have some usefull knowledge in them so we can spam brainstorming thread/ main thread

okay then, i'll the smarter one ( or so they say, despite i know they say it only to ease up my mind  :lol: ) and back off from this ( as you said i may be using a different version along the lines of you, using a troop editor and all, and me, still having my break from MaB, therefore, curently being a little bit too incompetent  :roll: ) ...still though, you might wanna do that "test" yourself without all the fancy bunch of options of the troop editor and see what happens...just for the heck of it...or send me your changed troop stats in a PM and i do it your way...all this just in interest of the development part, since some troops are said to be over/underpowered, in case they need being reworked or anything ( only an option and nothing more  :wink: )...just for comparison you know...

hairfree said:
okay then, i'll the smarter one ( or so they say, despite i know they say it only to ease up my mind  :lol: ) and back off from this ( as you said i may be using a different version along the lines of you, using a troop editor and all, and me, still having my break from MaB, therefore, curently being a little bit too incompetent  :roll: ) ...still though, you might wanna do that "test" yourself without all the fancy bunch of options of the troop editor and see what happens...just for the heck of it...or send me your changed troop stats in a PM and i do it your way...all this just in interest of the development part, since some troops are said to be over/underpowered, in case they need being reworked or anything ( only an option and nothing more  :wink: )...just for comparison you know...

Because you claim that it is just for testing purposes  :grin:, I will send you my villianese troops.txt and item_kinds1.txt . (as soon as I figure out how to) Note that these remakes actually are overpowered the way I like it, and geared up the way I like it.

NinjaKiwi said:
Note that these remakes actually are overpowered the way I like it, and geared up the way I like it.
Oh my, full plate charger horseback archers! Run for yer lives!

You should add a priest to your council and manage him how often your priest perform religious rituals therefore increase religion spread speed(should have very high penalties as some part of your global income like %15-%30 ? and make a law that this rituals not drain your personal money but drain local prosperity and a bit of negative popularity with the people there and another law for give Temple some lands rituals costs you nothing but a huge crash of noble popularity(and make a script for less prosperity=less income and I don't know there is a script like that out there) and some unique affects for diffident religions like for the Void because of sacrificial pit it sacrifices some of population and if you make it a high rate it starts descries population)

hi my apologize for my english but i am french.. so i dont know if anyone already propose my add but...

- If you choose to join as a vassal a kingdom, your barrack,practice range, stable in your catle produce unit but you can't upgrade them... so its will be cool to have a npc to upgrade them even if you are a vassal in a kingdom, or.. change the production of the barrack, example if i am a vassal of swadian empire produce swadian infantery in the barrack building.

- loot : most of the time the loot are really ... poor... even if you fight against lord, big army. I everytime found item which are useless . I have see plenty of new units and new item in native expansion.... so ask to the modder of native expansion the permission to add that new item and unit will be cool. Its stupid to make again the same work.

- The possibility to abandon a fief or a catle or give it to a other lord of the faction.

- tournament : sometimes in swadian kingdom in the tournament of dirhim for example, you have a sort of big lance when you are on a horse... its really horrible to fight with them and most of the time the AI of the enemy dont understand how use it...

- Invasion : give the possbility to the player to have invasion or not. I am not really a fan of the invasion event... si if we can Desactivate it...

- Siege : improve the script of the attackant... most os the time my unit push me out of the ramp to acces on the wall.. its .. grrrr :p

- change the system of lord prisonner. The aim of the war is to win the war.. i dont unterstand why sometimes lord accept to sell their lord who are prisonners and why i lost honnor when i decline the proposition of rancom... when I capture a lord, i put him in a prison, if I want win the war I must do that...

and.. nice job, this mod is really great even if I dont understand why modder no sahre their work more often. I like the add of different modd and i dream to see all the add in a huge mod. So thanks to the modder for their work. I hope you will sucess to understand my english hum hum

Evanok.

Evanok said:
hi my apologize for my english but i am french.. so i dont know if anyone already propose my add but...
If you apologize in the beginning of your post, you discourage most people from actually reading it, Apologise in the end :wink:
- If you choose to join as a vassal a kingdom, your barrack,practice range, stable in your catle produce unit but you can't upgrade them... so its will be cool to have a npc to upgrade them even if you are a vassal in a kingdom, or.. change the production of the barrack, example if i am a vassal of swadian empire produce swadian infantery in the barrack building.
This mod isn't aimed on vassalage, so I doubt vM will do that.
- loot : most of the time the loot are really ... poor... even if you fight against lord, big army. I everytime found item which are useless . I have see plenty of new units and new item in native expansion.... so ask to the modder of native expansion the permission to add that new item and unit will be cool. Its stupid to make again the same work.
There is plenty of new items in SoD. Most of them are with the faction troops though, but some original troops have them too.
- The possibility to abandon a fief or a catle or give it to a other lord of the faction.
I don't think it's possible and it's illogical. Why would I give up land to my ****in' enemy?
- tournament : sometimes in swadian kingdom in the tournament of dirhim for example, you have a sort of big lance when you are on a horse... its really horrible to fight with them and most of the time the AI of the enemy dont understand how use it...
If you don't like lances in tournaments, fight in Nord/Khergit towns. As simple as that.
- Invasion : give the possbility to the player to have invasion or not. I am not really a fan of the invasion event... si if we can Desactivate it...
Invasion is THE feature of this mod. This entire mod had been built around the invasion. Right now, you can postpond it far into the future.
- Siege : improve the script of the attackant... most os the time my unit push me out of the ramp to acces on the wall.. its .. grrrr :p
AI is hardcoded. Use L&R siege pack, it adds more ramps and ladders.
- change the system of lord prisonner. The aim of the war is to win the war.. i dont unterstand why sometimes lord accept to sell their lord who are prisonners and why i lost honnor when i decline the proposition of rancom... when I capture a lord, i put him in a prison, if I want win the war I must do that...
Imagine this: Lord X has wife and children. He is the only source of money to that family. He gets captured, so his family loses income. If they don't want to starve, they have to scramble some ransom money and offer them to improsoner of their husband/father. By keeping him in your dungeon, you're making his kids and wife starve. And that's not honourable.
and.. nice job, this mod is really great even if I dont understand why modder no sahre their work more often. I like the add of different modd and i dream to see all the add in a huge mod. So thanks to the modder for their work. I hope you will sucess to understand my english hum hum
I did succed in understanding your english, but it was a hard job. There's a nice friendly button called "spell check". Use it, or someone will lop your head off.
Evanok.

SanDiego said:
NinjaKiwi said:
Note that these remakes actually are overpowered the way I like it, and geared up the way I like it.

I am a fully charged sonnet maker at the moment. Don't make write one about you  :lol:.

running form fief to fief is KILLING me when your empire starts to expand it becomes insane to build can you make something for AI lords to build fief impromets(I know what i asked is hard to do but if yo do it everyone who play this mod will worshiped you)

NinjaKiwi said:
SanDiego said:
NinjaKiwi said:

I am a fully charged sonnet maker at the moment. Don't make write one about you  :lol:.
Oh man I'd love to see that :lol: Come on, don't spare me :lol:

Is it possible to get a sticky on this?  I find it hard to dig through the pages to find, and in my biased opinion, much easier to follow that the thread that is stickyied (over 50+ pages).  Having it up there will remind me to update with new ideas. 

Back
Top Bottom