Pakistan Crisis

Users who are viewing this thread

You may be, but I don't think it'll harm your chances of getting into heaven :smile:. Anyways, nuclear radiation wouldn't reach China, unless they dropped 50 googolplex bombs, but then nobody would be around to see the effects.

mdk31 said:
Elenmmare said:
No, I mean the actual radiation spilling over :razz:.

Might help with the overpopulation problem if it gets to the cities.

Am I a bad person for seeing a silver lining in that?

I have the same sentiment, but until I get back to Canada, I'll be hoping for clear skies here in Hong Kong.

Sushiman70 said:
You may be, but I don't think it'll harm your chances of getting into heaven :smile:. Anyways, nuclear radiation wouldn't reach China, unless they dropped 50 googolplex bombs, but then nobody would be around to see the effects.

If someone launches a nuke, chances are they won't be ****ing about. But it doesn't really need a big payload to carry over to China.

I always thought that modern nukes had far less fallout and what not than the older models, so as to avoid contamination.

Either way, I doubt the world, India in particular will sit back and watch the taliban take over swathes of Pakistan, next place to get invaded is Pakistan for sure.

Suspect-Device said:
I always thought that modern nukes had far less fallout and what not than the older models, so as to avoid contamination.

We're talking about Indian nukes. They're fairly crude compared to what the five official nuclear powers have. The Indian arsenal is mainly of the same type as the Nagasaki bomb IIRC.

Bah. The Pakistanis have yet to mount a full scale military challenge to the Taliban. the question is whether the Pakistani army is sufficiently motivated and loyal to its government to kick the Taleb's arses. At current I'm guessing no, but that could change fast.

Good ol' Taliban, those primitive bastards seem to have their grubby little mitts on everything these days, when are they going to give up? After they've started a world war and wiped out several nations, or will they still be trying to spread their extremist views even after "civilisation" has fallen? Probably, after all, what else have they got going for them?

The fact is, these people really need to get with the times, the way they carry on, you'd think it was the 12th Century, not the 21st! Then again, perhaps they have yet to be informed that the Dark Ages ended some thousand years ago.

Right, unless the Pakistani government turns the tables on those taliban twits I can see only one solution; the forming of a TaleWorlds Counter-Terrorism warband. We just need some more guns and planetickets.

We already had plans to start a TaleWorlds Monster Truck Gang to combat the Taliban, but if you're interested in joining you can send your application to Llandy.

Why doesn't India provide direct military support for the Pakistani army and just help them push back the Taliban?

So it would much rather be destroyed than receive help from their disliked neighbors? I know they have a big ego but that's just silly. :\

No, not really. Once the Indian troops are in Pakistan, assuming they manage to defeat the Taliban instead of winning them massive popular sympathy (which is what they likely will) and losing to a protracted guerilla war, where will they stop? India would just love to be able to control a puppet government in Islamabad, dependant upon Indian military aid to keep the Taliban holed up in their hills.

Mage246 said:
We already had plans to start a TaleWorlds Monster Truck Gang to combat the Taliban, but if you're interested in joining you can send your application to Llandy.

Had I been in possesion of a monster truck, I would. :sad:

Cirdan, I'm not entirely sure if India has the balls to do that. :???:

An4Sh said:
Why doesn't India provide direct military support for the Pakistani army and just help them push back the Taliban?
You are aware that a few years back there were serious fears of a Pakistani-Indian nuclear war, right?  It'd be like asking why the US didn't get the USSR's help against Canada.  (Lets pretend Canada invaded the US in the 70s).

Merentha said:
An4Sh said:
You are aware that a few years back there were serious fears of a Pakistani-Indian nuclear war, right?   It'd be like asking why the US didn't get the USSR's help against Canada.  (Lets pretend Canada invaded the US in the 70s).

No not really I had no idea but I assumed it really can't be bad enough to stop them from helping prevent an extremist group from taking control over a country with nuclear capabilities.

Merentha said:
An4Sh said:
You are aware that a few years back there were serious fears of a Pakistani-Indian nuclear war, right?  It'd be like asking why the US didn't get the USSR's help against Canada.  (Lets pretend Canada invaded the US in the 70s).
Woohoo! Go Canada!

Back
Top Bottom