Pakistan Crisis

Users who are viewing this thread

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/24/taliban-pakistan-islamists-swat-sharia-law

You all know the **** going down. Taliban literally just taking pieces of the country. Pakistan army actually retreating from them. Taliban getting closer to capital.

I honestly don't know what we should do in this situation, obviously simply invading doesn't help, just pisses them off enough to get raw recruits, lessons from Afghanistan etc.

But of course, we can't let a faction we're at war with capture a country with nukes.
A group that believes killing Westerners in large numbers is doing God's work is going to suck with nukes.

Scary **** indeed.

But are they stupid enough or crazy enough to actually use them? It would take a monumentally crazy person or an extraordinarily stupid person to use a nuke without regards to the obvious consequence. After all, the basic premise of a nuke war is:
1- I fire my nuke
2- You see my nuke and fire your nuke
3- We both die.

So they're actually doing this just to spread Sharia law? Surely there must be more to this.

But yeah, I agree, an invasion would probably only temporarily solve this issue.

Also:
At the nearby Taliban headquarters in Imam Dehri, a Taliban spokesman, Muslim Khan
:lol:

Well, as Arch says, It's India then. I have a feeling they don't wan't the Taliban to move in next door. Would you?

The Taliban seem to be leveling off their advances towards the capital and left the right side of the country free. Maybe they'll leave it as a buffer to the only country who'll do something about them.

Swadius said:
Nobody did anything when the Taliban took over Afghanistan, and it's likely that it will be the course of action in the coming series of events.

Having control of one of the most inhospitable ****holes in the world is no problem.
Taking a country with nuclear capabilities is another thing.

That does seem to be her solution for everything, so I don't think I'll be taking that bet.

Super carrier-nukes! Carrying Navy seals to mop everything left after the explosion!

But yeah. This could be really dangerous. Would offering unconditional support to the Pakistani government not help? None of that invasion-piffle, that'll only upset people.

Unconditional support was what we offered to them under Musharraf, and all it did was convince them to mostly ignore the problem.

Come on, you're all hoping it happens. Just to see something interesting.

I wonder if it'd spill over into China...

Back
Top Bottom