Joining the Dark Knights?

Users who are viewing this thread

I made my own faction and it didn't go very well so I just joined the Nords as I'm using their troops pretty much exclusively. Been at war with Rhodoks and Vaegirs pretty much the entire time, even throughout the Dark Knight invasion. They started in the Rhodok area and captured a few castles. I avoided them knowing how difficult they are to beat from previous games, never been in battle with any of them so I've been fighting the Rhodoks and Vaegirs the entire time.

When I was passing one of their castles I was checking out how many units were inside and I noticed rather than it having a red background it was green, meaning I was friendly with them. I went in and spoke with the lord there and he gave me the task where you have to go to a village and kill a murderer. After he gave me the quest where he wants you to train some troops, he gave me 7 Dark Initiates and asked me to train them up into 7 Dark Knight-Masters. Later I met the leader of the DKs and found I could become a vassal, so I found Ragnar and took back my oath from the Nords and then went and pledged allegiance to the Dark Knights. I'm now a vassal for them and they gave me a village they'd captured.

When I ask any of them how the war is going they say "We have no armies and the enemy have x armies. Overall we are about to lose the war." I also received some red text about 'faction_control_ai' or something (message has gone from the logs) but it was to do with picking a new marshal for the faction because it also said (in white text,) '    Is the new marshal of Dark Knights' giving no name of any Lord.

Is this a bug? has this happened to anyone else before? Will all the DK Lords just sit around since it didn't appoint anyone marshal? Will I be able to become marshal?

That is a very cool development that you can join that faction.  Do you also get access to buy their weapons and armor?

That is a cool development....

But you must get bullied at the Dark Knight get-togethers?

Lord Grife: Well, well, if it isn't Maxwell Cordova! Fetch me some mead, puny weakling!

The Mercenary said:
What the - you're a Dark Knight Lord? That's not supposed to happen.
i noticed there's a setting something like "enemy's enemy is our friend."
so if you attack A's enemy then the relation between you and A improves.

Josef_the_Pretender said:
That is a cool development....

But you must get bullied at the Dark Knight get-togethers?

Lord Grife: Well, well, if it isn't Maxwell Cordova! Fetch me some mead, puny weakling!
Maxwell Cordova: Don't make me autocalc your ass!

Maxwell Cordova said:
The castles generate caravans sometimes, it has caravan guards still but the rest is filled up with Dark Knight troops, one came out of a castle that was being besieged by an 800 strong Rhodok army and they all attacked it. I assisted, all of the enemy died and we lost less than 5 men in total. The castles I capture fill up with Dark Knight troops too so I can take some out when I need them, got about 120 Dark Knight troops in total

This is incredible news; I think I am going to join the DK faction and rebel at the right time. The entire game will be an exercise in handing out a pasting to LL and her cohorts.

EDIT: Did they give you Yalen and that's the reason the others hate you?

Charlie Brooker said:
Do they give you a weapon when you get to 50 relation though? :razz:
Why should he get a weapon? It was never intended to join the Dark Knights, at least that's the way I understand Merc's posting on this matter.
And thus the script that grants you a gift isn't there.

Isn't that axe from the last screen the axe of Gimli?

Anyway, I think it's a bug. I had a similar thing back in 0.960: I joined Swadia, but then I supported Lady Isolla of Suno in her claimage of the throne. Since I myself owned more estates than anyone else at that time, the path to victory was short. But half the way, while I was recruiting Lords and then giving them land, I noticed an odd thing: I was treated as the king, not the claimant. When Isolla asked me whom to give newly taken land, there were these options:
a) Give x village to y Lord [y]
b) Keep x village to yourself [Luxus]
c) You keep it, my liege [Luxus]

Either b) or c), I'd get the land; but if b) my relation with Isolla went down, if c), it didn't.

Wellenbrecher said:
Charlie Brooker said:
Do they give you a weapon when you get to 50 relation though? :razz:
Why should he get a weapon? It was never intended to join the Dark Knights, at least that's the way I understand Merc's posting on this matter.
And thus the script that grants you a gift isn't there.

Was a joke, hence the "though."  Why would anyone want to join the Dark Knights when you can get a bog standard axe from the Nords! :wink:

how the hell have you done it
i stopped the earlier game just to start a new one and to be a dark lord
then i've noticed that the swedian good with the dak knight and iv'e joined the swedian and nothing!
the dak knights still hate me
i'm trying to find a way to join them and i don't see any hope
can you help me with that?

p.s if it was a bug there wern't a troop trees

Well, this is the most peculiar collection of bugs resulting into a most peculiar situation. First, you mentioned that DK were green meaning they're firendly. If I'm not mistaken, this kind of color coding was last used in .808
Then, somehow you managed to have positive relations with DK. That's not supposed to happen. You even had a chance to enter vassalage, something Merc hasn't planned at all.

I'm thinking you have to be at war with the factions that the DKs randomly choose when they invade.

If you want to engineer it yourself, you'd have hold fiefs the centre of the map to guarantee that they won't invade your territory, be at war with the factions they invade initially (difficult, as you don't know who they will be, so ideally you'd be at peace with everyone till you found out the lie of the land), and then use the grace period before everybody declares war to build up kudos with the DKs by attacking the one or two factions they have attacked first, then try and get vassalage before all factions declare war. So it'd be tricky to replicate, but...

I too had the option. The way it played out was..

They came, took my only town. I fought with them for awhile, always letting them go if I captured. Then after 100 days or so of them knocking back all nations I realized they weren't going to survive. So, I went to war with their enemies, freed a couple of their captured lords. Eventually got the 'Peace Quest' from the guild master for the DK's. Did that quest. So, I got peace with them. Then started helping them when they were outnumbered. Did a couple of quests for them. Had the option to be a vassal, didn't think that all that wise as still every nation was at war with them and no-one else. So, I just focused on getting good standing with their lords and recruited them when the DK's only had 1 castle left.

It all became possible from the guild masters quest, I assume then that the guild master isn't suppose to offer that for the DK's?

On a side not, yeah, freeing all those DK prisoners or taking them as prisoners and recruiting them makes it far too easy.

Also, a bit curious to know if I was to let one of those DK lords to rebel would that bring back LL and the DK's?

Ha ha, this is awesome. I did notice when the DKs spawned that some of them have positive relation to you from the off, so it wouldn't be outside the bounds of possibilty to get on their good side, as has been mentioned above.

I'm pretty sure at least one of the DK Lords is a 'honourable' person, because he accepted defeat after I beat him fair and square in a duel challenge.
Maybe some of them are sensitive to honour as well? I think two of them liked me before I even met him. My character is very honourable.

Anyway, after the DK faction was beaten, I still had 3 of them in my jail. I asked them to join me, and they accepted. Two of them deserted to the Nords shortly after, though, because I wouldn't give them the towns they requested.

But the good side is that I have now access to DK prisoner recruits again! And the wonderful loot...

Now, I'm working hard to build an all-DK army, and crush my ennemies.

does the honr raiting increase the chance to join the dark knight?
cause so far i released about 40 lord to get honor
i also released dark night lord a few times
is there any chance to get grom the guild master task for peace with the dark knight ?

raul-1 said:
does the honr raiting increase the chance to join the dark knight?
is there any chance to get grom the guild master task for peace with the dark knight ?
Ragnash said:
I too had the option. The way it played out was..

They came, took my only town. I fought with them for awhile, always letting them go if I captured. Then after 100 days or so of them knocking back all nations I realized they weren't going to survive. So, I went to war with their enemies, freed a couple of their captured lords. Eventually got the 'Peace Quest' from the guild master for the DK's. Did that quest. So, I got peace with them. Then started helping them when they were outnumbered. Did a couple of quests for them. Had the option to be a vassal, didn't think that all that wise as still every nation was at war with them and no-one else. So, I just focused on getting good standing with their lords and recruited them when the DK's only had 1 castle left.

It all became possible from the guild masters quest, I assume then that the guild master isn't suppose to offer that for the DK's?
Seems like it. But remember: this isn't supposed to happen

Back
Top Bottom