[FAQ] Get Information and Ask Questions Here SoD V4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

This is the link:
WIKIPEDIA
Hey all you happy SoD fans.

The Sword of Damocles Wiki Site is almost ready. You will find the download link at the bottom of this post, but first please read these few lines of mine.

Everyone can add content and change their own pages. This is going to be mainly the AAR writers and the story writers. They would have to add a page to the Lore category and simply work on it by adding their AAR or story and editing it.

The rest of the Wiki site I would ask you not to modify it in anyway. The Factions page, Mods page and Guides page are not to be edited by anyone except the SoD Mod team and staff.

Everyone must register if they want to post comments and chat :smile:.

While I have made it and posted I think almost all the necessary things on it, apart from the stories and AARs, the wiki contains mostly all that is needed about SoD. I must also add that it is not finished yet, I still have to add something to some blank pages you will find there.

Please remember that this is a fan site for our beloved mod.

Enjoy,

Exin
FAQ BELOW in 2nd and 3rd post in this thread (as well as in WIKI).
Ask questions in this thread.

Official SoD Strategy Guide For V4 - by jasonxfri13th

Note from von Mistont
Let get this straight
if anyone asks a question
answered here
tar and feathers await.
From Jason: And that person will NOT get any free beer.
DOWNLOAD LINKS
POST ANY BUG REPORT IN THE THREAD OF THE VERSION YOU ARE USING.

Last Version of Sword of Damocles Official Mod : v4.1 
A lot of changes since v4, including the use of formations and morale system, new presentations, features and options.
LAST UPDATE : 2009/03/31.

Other versions and variants...

Sword of Damocles Official Mod V4 SF
Less polished and without all the options added in v4.1 but extremely stable and faster to download. You need to install this version to have the content needed for variants based on v4 code.

Variants based on v4 code :  

Sword of Damocles Undead Invasion (current version :  "v4", feb. 2009)
Fantasy scenario : undeads replace the imperial invaders. These invaders are weaker than imperials but come sooner and convert conquered centers population to even more undeads.

Sword of Damocles Gunpowder Invasion (current version : 1.0, march 2009)
Invaders are more advanced than Calradian realms and use gunpowder. Use new items and particles system.

Sword of Damocles Auxiliarii Variant (current version : 1.52, 04/01/2009)
Invaders use auxiliarii forces of 7 different factions in addition to imperial regular troops. Several invasion scenarios, new options and systems for autoresolved battles and unit upgrades.

Source: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,53660.0.html

You can add (for v4 sf version and variants) :

More Metal Sounds (current version : 1.6, 03/16 2009)
Sound pack.
(Already included in SoD v4.1.)

EXTENSIVE MOD'S DESCRIPTION

Troop Thread

Buildings Thread

If you still have a question chances are it has already been asked so search through the threads, many questions have been asked multiple times and we do not want to use the tar and feathers.

On behalf of von Mistont, I am making a Strategy Guide that will cover ALL aspects of SoD. It will hopefully answer many questions new players have and help them when needed without having to create tons of topics.

NOTE: This guide was based off of V4 and NOT V4.1, read the changes that were made in V4.1 as some strategies may not work.

Sword of Damocles is a mod primarily focusing on kingdom management. It includes 5 new playable factions which you start out as. The story behind SoD is that your motherland, (the faction you chose at the starting) was invaded by the Legion, an advanced and very large army. You were once a noble but you have now left your motherland with only your surviving army. Your goal is to start a new kingdom and build an army strong enough to defeat the Legion which arrives on day 366. The map is still native and so are the factions that are on the map when you first start.

More Metal Sounds With Tutorial V1.5: Adds much better sound effects to the game.
82 Tweaks to change the gameplay: Extremely useful, I always use many of them. Also includes how to change your kingdom name.
Lords and Realms Siege Ladder Project: You have to get this, makes any game ten times better.
Battle Size Changer: Increases the amount of troops in battles. This is a must have for better computers.

SoD contains many features that some players are not aware of, here is a list of them.
1. Patrols: Talk to any of your units and you will have the option to create a patrol. You can tell your patrol to follow you, or do other things. NOTE: Patrols will not attack enemies so I advise only using them to follow you, and you will pay 150% of their wages.
2. Bandit Ganging: Bandits will gang up on you. Becareful, 30 bandits can quickly turn into 150.
3. Auto loot: Talk to your companions and you can tell them how to upgrade their equipment. After battles or from the camp menu you can click auto loot which makes your companions take the most expensive equipment.
4. Selling Prisoners: Prisoners are sold at a price based off their level, this makes slavery a good business.
5. Royale Council: If you go into one of your castles there will be a marshal, treasurer, and a chancellor. You can use them to manage your kingdom.
6. Upgrading Faction Units: Faction units will become FACTIONUNITNAME*, you then need to have them In YOUR PARTY and talk to the MARSHAL. NOTE: You must have the correct buildings built.

Making your Kingdom:

There are 5 new factions to start out as, Empire of Antares, Republic of Marina, Kingdom of Aden, Duchy of Villian, Zerrikanian Sultanate. Note, you can NEVER change your faction during the game. This will determine which units you will be able to recruit. If you like archers, the Villianese have strong archers but terrible infantry. Their noble units are pretty good. The Antarians have amazingly good heavy infantry and very good nobles. The Marinians have very good pikemen which can be useful for sieges. The Adenians have very strong heavy cavalry and okay foot soldiers and archers. The Zerrikanians are probably the most underpowered faction, their strongest units are their horse archers, which are not too good as you might know with the Khergits.

There are 5 faiths to choose from, Old Gods, The One, Self Realization, Faithless, and The Void. Overall, they are all very good. Please not that if your faction has NO cavalry nobles then you can not get noble faith troops and the same for infantry. Also, Faithless only has foot troops. Since engineers (from faithless) have hammers, they are excellent at making prisoners. But overall, it really doesn't matter to much as they are all very good.

These are the different faith troops:

Self-Realization yields Boundless Ones (foot) and Boundless Knights (horse).

Void yields Devourers (foot) and Dark Knights (horse).

Old Gods yield Chosen Ones (foot) and Champions of Ancestors (horse).

The One yields Guardians of the One (foot) and Paladins of the One (horse). (courtesy of King Loras)

SoD is not meant to be easy, so do not get frustrated if you are having trouble creating your kingdom. This is the hardest part but once you get it done chances are you will not have to make your kingdom again. You are going to need a LOT of money and troops before you should declare war on another faction. I suggest targeting the Nords since they do not have to many archers and their archers are weak. The Rhodoks have a LOT of crossbowmen, save them for next. You will start out with a tiny army, perfect for fighting bandits. The first thing you want to do is go around most of the map recruiting soldiers from villages. You want to have around 100 troops in total, making patrols if needed. Next, find a group of bandits (forest bandits are the best since they are pretty weak, look in the north west of Swadia in the forest) and fight them. Your weak troops should level up relatively fast. If you lose to many units recruit more soldiers, try to stay at 100. AT THE SAME TIME you might want to buy and sell trade good to make some extra money because prisoners and equipment are hard to get during the start. ALSO, join EVERY tournament you come across, this is a good way to make a few thousand denars. Once you get a relatively strong army of 100, (most of the units should have been leveled up two times, and always have a fresh supply of 10-30 recruits in your party)and also try and get some companions, you should join one of the factions. I prefer joining Swadia since they are usually at war with the Rhodoks and the Nords. You should now look for enemy lords with 80 or less units. ALSO, try and find lords with LOTS of prisoners. You can recruit them directly to your party. This will allow you to get 200 troops FAST, and good ones. You want to keep fighting lords until you get a strong army of 200 units AND have at least 20k. Go to a few tournaments quickly if necessary. (leave your units in a patrol to move quickly) Now is the time to take your first castle. You should look for a castle that has the LEAST amount of troops GARRISONED, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT LORDS. It is nice to find a castle with under 110 units, but the only time you will is if it was recently in a battle or captured. ALSO, look for castles with LOTS of prisoners. If you find one with +50 prisoners, it will not matter if you lose 50 men because you will gain 50, and usually better ones.

NOTE: KEEP ALL lords as prisoners to take over a kingdom FAST, ONLY ransom them if money is TERRIBLY NEEDED. Having 15 lords captured will save you so much time, aka defending your castles. Put them in your castle garrisons so they have only a 5% (2% with prisoner tower) chance of escaping.
With your new empire started, you now need to expand before the the Legion arrives. PLEASE NOTE money will be VERY TIGHT at times before you get a large empire. You will typically not be gaining much money until you take over most of a faction. IMPORTANT STRATEGIES: GIVE MOST CASTLES to your lords, they will garrison and defend them and it saves you 250 denars per week which you pay PER CASTLE. This also allows you to take the garrison from the castle when troops are needed FAST, but they are usually weak. KEEP ALL VILLAGES FOR YOURSELF. NEVER, never give a village to a Lord. It is a TOTAL waste. Building buildings in your villages is CHEAP and REWARDING. Try and get them as early as possible if you have enough money. Try and get Artimeer, the companion that is good at engineering. YOU NEED HIM as soon as possible unless you want to spend tons of money and time on buildings. You should get him before building ANY castle/town buildings. The good buildings for castles are the archery range and barracks, get them right away. (only build the stables if you are the Adenians or Zerrikanians) You will also eventually want about 3 castles with knight chapters, BUT DO NOT worry about them until you have a reasonable kingdom, aka a few towns and castles. They are expensive but with 3 you have a 150% of getting a noble each day, so if you have 3 by day 200 you will have a ONLY NOBLE AND FAITH ARMY by the time the invasion arrives.
First build a barracks/practice range/stable and then get a new lord and assign him to your castle. When the building is finished you can change the castle to yours and build the next troops building and so on. NOTE when you assign a castle the village is also assigned, so assign the village to yourself. You will want to wait in your castle for a while until your lord spawns. (since this is your first castle he will spawn in it) You should not worry about sieges because with 200 units most lords are too scared. Once your lord spawns you can continue to attack lords around your castle, but WAIT until your lord garrisons it until trying to take castles or going far away. You will also soon be allowed to upgrade your faction units so attack lords and upgrade your units.
Once your castle is FULLY garrisoned and you have another reasonably strong army it is time to strike again. Look for another castle the same way as before, but the castle should also be as close as possible. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT taking a town yet. For that you will need at least 50, probably more like 80, top tier units. You want to keep taking castles and repeating the process. Lords are not much use, let them do what they want and they might get lucky and capture and enemy.

NOTE: By now you should have SOMEONE that is a skilled engineer, aka 4 or more in engineer. Having Jerumus or someone else skilled in surgery, 4 or higher, makes a HUGE difference. Instead of getting 50 dead and 10 wounded you will be getting 20 dead and 40 wounded. With Jerumus at surgery 7 I rarely lose units.
Taking towns can be very difficult at first, espcialy if you are not very experienced at besieging. You will want to find a town with the lowest GARRISON and try and find a town with a LOT of prisoners, some towns can have over 100! For taking the town look at the siege section for good tactics. AND REMEMBER, there is nothing bad about retreating. Retreat if you have to, it is better to retreat and lose 50 troops than your whole army. When you take a town you will want to have around 50-80 top tier units of the best line of units from your faction, aka Villianese Sharpshooters or Antarian Elites and so on. You should also have around another 100 mixed unit types either as bait or to help fight. It is ALWAYS good to have some archers.
Once you take your first town keep it for yourself. Towns will be your number 1 source of income. The first things you should build are barracks/praticerange/stables. If you do not want to stay near your town to defend it steal a garrison from another castle or tell a lord to wait in your castle. Once you get a barracks/practice range build your town will start to garrison troops every day. It may seem slow but if you wait 100 days the garrison will be around 200, which is enough to scare away enemy lords. Once a town/castle garrison gets to 200-300 STOP garrisoning the troops by talking to the marshal. You may notice garrisoned troops gain experience very slowly. The next building you are going to want to get is a TEMPLE. Temples will allow you to get faith troops and add A LOT of faith. Getting a temple early on (after you get a knight chapter) can help you get a LOT of faith troops. Having just 5 can make a huge difference, they will almost never die and kill around 5 enemies each. Once you get your temple done the next building you are going to want is a guild hall which will improve the amount of money you get by a LOT. At the starting when money is tight one temple will be good. You should build guild halls when you have money to spare.
NOTE: Try and build as many churches (not monasteries, save those for after churches) as you can in your villages. Your faith will gradually increase and you will be getting faith troops every week or 2. By the time the invasion arrives you will be getting one faith troop every other day. I had around 60 faith troops when the invasion arrived.

Once you get a few castles and a town defeating a faction can be pretty easy. I suggest capturing as many lords as you can in land battles which is pretty easy. You should lock them away in one of your safe towns. Reducing the enemy army will help A LOT. You will not be running around constantly saving your castles from being captured. Your lords will also stick together and gang up on enemies and will capture a few. By the time I reduced the enemy to 3 castles, a town, and 8 lords, my lords were constantly besieging their castles and towns. If you are lucky they may take one, BUT if you see a battle in a castle/town you should join in and help. When the enemy has one or two castle left you can start ransoming lords IF YOU WANT TO. They will join OTHER (not yours) factions when they are completely defeated. All enemy lords, peasants, and caravans must be defeated before the faction is eliminated. If you have their lords as prisoner THEY WILL NOT join. I still have 15 Rhodok and 10 Nord lords. They will stop asking for ransoms once defeated. DO NOT worry about honor, you will lose some relation but even by day 420 and -30 honor my lords relations are at around -10, which is okay.

I highly suggest defeating at least 2 factions before preparing for the Legion. You also want to have around 100 free days to prepare. I defeated my second faction with around 100 days left, and that was plenty of time. 60-80 days is also okay, but the more the better. With 2 factions you will be making tons of money, one faction may not be enough and you will need two factions to get ALL of the lords. NOTE: The more lords you hire the stronger the next one is. The last 3 or 4 lords you hire will have around 150 troops and are strong enough to easily defeat lords. When you prepare to defeat the Legion you first want to build EVERY church and monastery in villages, if you have extra money mills are good too. In your towns you want EVERY military building AND the temple and guild hall build, IN EVERY TOWN. I also suggest having 2-3 castles with knight chapters built, these castles will be your noble supply. If you are ever low go back and pick up more, chances are there will be a lot. You will also want to train your companions. I got my companions up to level 12-14 by the time the invasion came by fighting sea raiders. Level 14 sounds weak, but Aylen at level 14 is like a faith troop the never dies, and having all of the companions at that level is good. Any extra points on you MELEE ONLY comapnions (like Aylen) should be spent of training. I can train unlimited veteran archers into elite archers in one day. You will also want to train your nobles. Your part should ALWAYS consist of ONLY nobles and companions, when the invasion arrives your army will mostly be only nobles and faith troops. Fight sea raiders (if you have too many nobles fight another faction, but try not to take any or too many castles) to level up your nobles. MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS have some top tier nobles in your party. They become faith troops. Have around 5 top tier nobles, place the others in a garrison or they will steal experience. Use these tactics to level up your nobles, getting an army of top tier nobles is not too hard. Once you have your buildings built you can spend some money on good equipment, but not too much. Try and have over 50K at ALL times. I pay 20K a week (4 towns and 3 castles with over 200 in each garrison plus my army of 75 top tier nobles and 75 faith troops and some times 150 sharpshooters) and usually get 25K a week, sometimes it may drop down and in case that happens you should be prepared or if you get more troops. By the time the invasion arrives you should have a powerful army of around 30-50 faith troops and at least 100 nobles, some top tier and some lower tiers.

If you have made it this far, then Good Job! 366 days is a looong time. The Legion will now arrive. Chances are you are at peace with the Legion, they tend to offer peace eventually during 366 days, if not do not worry (unless they spawn in your empire). The Legion will siege a castle RIGHT AWAY. Using "Quest" look for the castle that they are besieging. If they spawned in your empire, let them leave. If you are at war with them, try and lure them into another kingdom. So, taking your powerful army (you should take all of your nobles, faith troops and at least 200 of your best other units) head over to the Legion. You will soon notice the Legion sticks together in one giant horde of lords. This makes their conquering progress VERY slow. you should first wait until they take their first castle/town. They might leave a few lords but other than that they will all head on over to another castle/town. Now is the time to declare war. (once they reach another castle) EITHER find a lonesome Legion lords OR go to the big group. (only go to the big group if you are faster than them) Declare war on them and quickly head back to their castle and siege it. The lords will eventually leave and you will be battling roughly 50 units, which is super easy. Once you take it build a barracks/practice range/stables and then a knight chapter and assign a lord to it. If you have a town build a temple too. (so that you do not have to go back to your empire to upgrade your units)
Next leave your castle undefended, they will most liekly not siege it or it will take a while. (it takes them around 2-5 days to take a castle or town due to super long battles) You should now look for lords that are alone OR go near the horde (you should only take your best units with you, so all of your faith units and top tier nobles to a max of 150 so you are faster than them) and draw out their lords. They have 150 units each, so make sure you do not battle more than 2 at a time. If you battle the whole Legion you will only spawn with around 20 units due to battle being around -60. Once you defeat them hope that you will take them as prisoners and stick them in a heavily guarded town, hopefully with a prisoner castle. GEt THEM OUT OF YOUR PARTY IN UNDER 2 days or they may espcape, they have a 25% when in your party. Your lords may also capture a few of the Legion, I have captured around 15 while my lords have gotten 4. And they are also sieging EVERY castle that they have (they started to take 2 but I came to the rescue since they were losing the battle) Since the Legion leaves few units to guard most sieges will be around 50-80 units. This will give you a lot of easy castles/towns. I already have half of the Khergit empire. Continue to capture Legion lords and NEVER ransom them. You will not lose honor. This is pretty much the only way to defeat them. After 60 days I have about 15 of the Legion Lords, it is not too hard. Just make sure to never fight the whole group and you will be fine.

Factions:

The Antarians

Infantry Tree:
Antarian Regular Infantry>Veteran> Elite

Antarian infantry is one of the best around, they hardly lose a battle, and i've seen them winning against 4 or more opponents due to their heavy armor (elites and veterans are decked out on plate armors) and their swords have a LONG reach, get around 60 of the elites and see they mop up numbers far greater than theirs! their only disadvantage is that they lack shields, and, tho they can take some, can become arrow pincushions =(

Archer
Javelinman > Trained Javelinman
Antarian archers are weak.. they do an ok job with javelins, but have only few of them, so dont count on them for long term suppressive fire, you're better off hiring mercenaries or rescuing Swadians/Vaegirs, on the other hand they aren't that bad in melee, so they can defend themselves against infantry and cavalry better than other archers

Cavalry
Regular infantry> Scouts> Cavalry (they originate from regular infantry)

antarian cavalry isn't the best out there, sure, it does its job finely, but they're rather skippable, but if you're in dire need of horseys, they'll do, theyre generally decked out on Heavy mail armor, and are armed with lances and/or swords, with shields

Noble Line:
Noble > Guard > Honor Guard
        > Knight > Paladin
Antarian nobility is a step up from the infantry, all of them are decked out on heavy plate with sturdy helms, and carry nasty swords, the exception is the Noble, who is the only antarian infantry with a shield, Guard and honor guards are walking death dealers, they take elites and soup them up to a new level of ownage, they're almost as good as faith troops
Knights and paladins are excellent cavalrymen, making the regular cavalry obsolete, and they're up to par with swadian knights, by having heavier armor and better skills, their only disadvantage is that they're equipped only with lances and a shield, making them useless once they fall off the horse (or in a siege), in all, don't bring the paladins to a siege, leave them home
This info brought to you by JKRevan

Faiths:

Faithless

As for faith, i can lay out the Atheist "faith" troop, the Engineer

Those are lean mean men owning machines, decked on heavy Dark plate with dark gauntlets and dark boots, they have Astonishing values of attributes (Iron flesh, power strike and athletics 10!!!!) and all weapon skills around the 400-500s, their weapon? a HUGE pole hammer, which they swing madly and fast, making enemy soldiers fall by the dozens, I've seen one knocking out 12 soldiers all by himself, and still rushing for more!
the best part is, the pole hammer does blunt damage, allowing you to mass up large amounts of prisoners

The Faithless choice has no cavalry
This info brought to you by JKRevan

Troop Information
Green= Noble Units (must have knight chapter built to get them)

Antarian Empire
            - Regular Infantry - Veteran Infantry - Elite Infantry
Peasant
            - Javelinman - Trained Javelinman

Scout - Cavalry

- Guard - Honor Guard
Noble
        - Knight - Paladin

Republic of Marina
            - Conscript Infantry - Regular Infantry - Veteran Infantry - Elite Infantry
Peasant
            - Crossbowman - Trained Crossbowman - Elite Crossbowman - Sharpshooter

Scout

Mercenary - Landsknecht - Condotieri

Kingdom of Aden
Peasant
            - Archer - Veteran Archer - Elite Archer

Light Cavalry - Medium Cavalry - Heavey Cavalry

Squire - Knight - Magnate

Villianese Duchy
Peasant
            - Longbowmen - Veteran Longbowmen - Elite Longbowmen - Sharpshooter

Scout
      - Chief - High Chief

Noble
      - Knight

Zerrikanian Sultanate
            - Militia - Infantry
Peasant
            - Archer - Trained Archer - Sharpshooter

Scout - Rider - Veteran Rider - Elite Rider

Timariot - Sipahi - Immortal

The Legion

Velites - Hestatii - Principes - Triarii

Lancearii - Conttorii - Cataphractii

Sagittari

Will add Auxillery troops later. (when released with 4.1)
For Imperial Troop Pictures go here
For other Troop pictures and Faith Troop pictures go here
For information of Faith Troops go to the Choosing a Faith section.

Town Buildings

Temple/Library
Allows You to perform rituals needed to train Faith Soldiers. Once a week it adds 5 Local and Global Faith. It also increases popularity by 1 weekly.

University
It adds now 20 renown weekly.

Guild Hall
It adds 5 weekly prosperity (may be tweaked down). It also increases chance of success and income of Your trade enterprises by 2% per guild.

Barracks
Allow You to train Infantry. It also garrisons weekly some tier 1 infantry in castle/town if you don't order Marshal otherwise. Garrisoning will stop when garrison reaches 100 for castle or 200 for town.

Practice Range
Allow You to train Ranged Infantry. It also garrisons weekly some tier 1 Ranged Infantry in castle/town if you don't order Marshal otherwise. Garrisoning will stop when garrison reaches 100 for castle or 200 for town.

Castle Buildings

Blacksmith
Decreases cost of upgrading troops by 50% and decreases cost of castle maintenance by 50 denars.

Chapel/Library
Allows You to perform rituals needed to train Faith Soldiers. Once a week it adds 5 Local and Global Faith. It also increases popularity by 1 weekly.

Barracks
Allow You to train Infantry. It also garrisons weekly some tier 1 infantry in castle/town if you don't order Marshal otherwise. Garrisoning will stop when garrison reaches 100 for castle or 200 for town.

Practice Range
Allow You to train Ranged Infantry. It also garrisons weekly some tier 1 Ranged Infantry in castle/town if you don't order Marshal otherwise. Garrisoning will stop when garrison reaches 100 for castle or 200 for town.

Stables
Allow You to train Cavalry. It also increases renown by 3 and popularity by 1 weekly.

Knight Chapter
Once a week some noble refugees from your homeland will arrive to this Chapters. It allows You also to train Nobility. It also increases renown by 5 weekly.

Village Buildings

Shrine
Increases popularity by 1, Local Faith by 5 and global faith by 3 a week.

Monastery
Increases popularity by 1, Local Faith by 2, Global Faith by 2 and prosperity by 3 a week.

Tactics:
Villianese tend to have archer armies, mostly archers and some infantry and cavalry.
Antarians tend to have infantry only armies but some archers and some cavalry is always good.
Adeninians tend to have heavy cavalry only, but they are good in sieges too. Some infantry and archers are always good.
Zerrikanians are tend to have mostly horse archers which can make battles kind of hard and slow. I would suggest having another source of cavalry and infantry and a good amount.
Marrinians tend to have lots of pikemen and a good amount of crossbowmen.

1.Suggested Armies:
These are armies that are good for the different faction units, these are for people with NEW kingdoms, NO nobles OR faith troops.
Order in party is from TOP to BOTTOM. This is VERY important in case you have a low battlesize.

Villianese:
An army of around 150:
This army dominates land battles and sieges.
Order in party: Land battles should have cavalry, archers, infantry. Sieges should have archers, infantry, cavalry.
80-100 archers, at least 50 should be elite or better.
30-40 elite villianese infantry, if you have ANY other infantry from other factions replace the elite infantry.
20-30 Cavalry from OTHER factions. It is usually easy to get a good supply of swadian cavalry.

2.Siege Tactics:
NOTE: If you are using a siege tower, than wait for the tower to arrive and then use these tactics, they will still work.
NOTE: If you are besieging a castle that has lords in it and you do not want to battle them, then continue to wait (wait until tomorrow) until they leave. THEY WILL ONLY leave if you have more troops than them.
During most sieges you will be required to use some sort of a tactic to win with few losses, here are a few helpful ones:
For Archer Armies (should have 60+ archers): First thing the battle starts tell everyone to follow you. Run as fast as you can towards the ladder until you are about 10 meters from the wall. Tell ONLY your archers to hold position (if you have 60+ archers tell them to get closer, if you have under 30 tell them to spread out) Then quickly run to a spot where the enemies can not shoot you and tell your infantry to hold position AND stand closer. (if there is not spot then go next to the castle walls) Your archers should be killing a good amount of enemies, especially their ranged units. When most of your ranged units stop shooting THEN it is time to send the infantry in. Try and go first if you are good and soften the enemy up a little. NOTE: If only very few of the enemy died, retreat and re-seige the castle. Your ranged units will have full ammo. THIS IS NECESSARY FOR TOWNS.

For Heavy Infantry armies (should have around 60+ STRONG infantry): This is mostly only for the Antarians, Marinians, and possibly the Adenians. Basically, just let your units charge. Make sure to set up your ranged units 10 meters from the castle. ALSO, you may want to kill some enemies alone first if you are good enough. Antarian Infantry are so strong you will have no problem breaking through. From my short experience with the Marinians, their weapons are pretty strong and long and they have good crossbow men for cover. I am pretty sure the Adenian's cavalry works just as well as heavy infantry.

Please share your own tactics as everyone has interesting and good ways of winning!

3.Land Battle Tactics:
Archer Army and Normal Armies: Try and find a hill over looking where the enemy is coming from OR a flat open area. Tell your archers to hold position and stand closer and tell your infantry to hold position and move forward ONE time. You should be on a horse, if not this might be kind of hard. Most armies have some cavalry, so move off pretty far to the side where your cavalry will not interfere with the advancing army. You should also tell your archers to hold their fire. When the enemy army is about 30m away, tell your archers to fire at will. You should also tell your cavalry to follow you and start to move behind the enemy. When the enemy is 20m away form your infantry tell your cavalry to charge and your infantry to charge. This tactic works well for most armies.

Infantry and Cavalry Army: This tactic is very simple and logical. Tell you infantry to hold position and tell your cavalry to follow you. Circle around the enemy with you cavalry while avoiding fighting. When the enemy is about 20m from your infantry tell your cavalry and infantry to charge. Your cavalry will break up the enemy and kill a lot from behind with infantry mopping up the rest.

Cavalry Only: Need Specific tactics other than CHARGE or circle around and CHARGE. Or if you are on a horse (which you should be) tell them to follow you to keep them from scattering and getting circled by a group of infantry. (a cavalry unit's worst nightmare)

Mixed Armies: For regular land battles I just tell all my soldiers to follow me.  When I see the enemy close by I tell my archers to advance 2x and leave my cavalry and infantry in the "follow me" status.  Then, when the enemy starts charging my archers I tell my infantry+cavalry to charge right before their cavalry/infantry hit my archers.  This is a wonderful tactic as usually the enemy's weakest units hit first.  After they're slaughtered by sheer numbers their top tier units arrive and by then they have too few to make any difference.  This is successful against all except the Khergits.  With the Khergits I just tell all my units to follow me.  I then slowly trot into the enemy's lines at which I tell my troops to "hold this position" for some time.  This causes the Khergits to go nuts and they just get cut up like butter on bread.
This info brought to you by FleshStarFish

Legion Battle Tactics

On land tactics 1. For the Legion, the best tactic that I've found is to run up to them and tell my cavalry to hold a line, then in front of them my archers hold the line and then in front of them my infantry.  Preferably you would have your cavalry and archers on a hill and infantry on the slope of the hill.  I let my archers spill all their arrows which usually by this time they number in the 45 to 55s.  This usually kills about 10 to 15 legionnaires (and weakens many others).  Then, I wait until the Legion charges me.  Right before their cavalry attacks my infantry, I tell my cavalry to charge which at that point helps intercept the Legions cavalry.  Usually this results in the Legion's cavalry being wiped out within a few secs.  Then, I tell my infantry to charge (cavalry is already told to charge) and archers to charge too.  This way the infantry hits the Legion first with the cavalry and the archers can help all the way at the end with whatever is left over.  This tactic has resulted in me losing no more than 10 troops p/battle out of an army made up of 40 Huscarls, 50 Swadian Sharpshooters, 25 Swadian Knights and another bunch of cavalry and infantry mixed.
This info brought to you by FleshyStarFish

FAQ

1) Will my lords upgrade my fiefs?
No.

2) How do I upgrade UNIT*?
Talk to the marshal with the correct buildings built.

3) The mod is not working, all of the factions are the same!
There are 5 new factions to start out as and the Legion will arrive on day 366. All other factions are native.

4) I can not siege a castle!
Find a lord and declare war or attack a caravan.

5) Some helmets have foreheads sticking out!
That is due to a simple mistake with items.txt, will be fixed.

6) My knights spawn on foot or use their fists!
Go to Bug Reports and download the modified troops.txt.

7) I am playing as the Marinians and I can not get nobles!
For the Marinians you need a town.

:cool: Wheres the download link?
At the top of this FAQ.

9) How do I get faith troops?
You need top tier nobles and a lot of faith. (and temple in V4) You will get an event and if you select the top option you get a toptiernoble*. Bring him to a town with a temple to upgrade him to a faith troop.

10) How do I get nobles?
Build a knight chapter.

11) Where are the marshal, treasurer, and the chancellor?
They are all INSIDE your castle.

12) I hired a lord, but I can not find him?
It takes a while for the lords to arrive, wait a while. (can take over a week until you notice him)

13) I can not figure out how to do anything! Where do I hire lords and upgrade units and other stuff like that?
Go inside your castle and talk to the chancellor, marshal, or the treasurer. (and the jester for cheats)

14) How can I change my kingdom's name?
To change a name (possible before it's creation only) You must open strings.txt (not quick_strings.txt! there are 2 strings files) and near the bottom You will find something like "str_center_58_kingdom Kingdom_of_Uhhun", either change all 58 entries to Kingdom_of_Your_Choice or just the one refering to a castle/town You want to take first. Magelord's tweaks don't work with SoD (nor with anything what uses Highlander's KM as a base).

PLEASE write suggestions. You can also add a whole new section and I might add it in.
PLEASE post pictures that would fit in the guide, aka pictures of different tactics. This may help some players.

This Guide is over 6000 words... and 15 pages in Microsoft word, so I hope my effort was worth it. This is probably one of the longest essays I have written.

Very Detailed Troop tree made with Troop Tree Generator 9.01.28 from Backe

• Farmer (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 61 2H: 65 POLE: 71)
    • Watchman (Level 9 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 91 2H: 83 POLE: 77)
      • Caravan Guard (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 86 2H: 85 POLE: 102)
        • Mercenary Horseman (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 118 2H: 113 POLE: 102)
          • Mercenary Cavalry (Level 25 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 136 2H: 141 POLE: 131)
      • Mercenary Footman (Level 12 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 92 2H: 91 POLE: 85)
        • Mercenary Crossbowman (Level 19 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 0 XBOW: 120 THR: 0)
          • Mercenary Sharpshooter (Level 24 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 0 XBOW: 200 THR: 0)
        • Mercenary Swordsman (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 107 2H: 113 POLE: 119)
          • Hired Blade (Level 25 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 137 2H: 141 POLE: 152)

• Townsman (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 62 2H: 63 POLE: 62)
    • Watchman (Level 9 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 91 2H: 83 POLE: 77)
      • Caravan Guard (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 86 2H: 85 POLE: 102)
        • Mercenary Horseman (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 118 2H: 113 POLE: 102)
          • Mercenary Cavalry (Level 25 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 136 2H: 141 POLE: 131)
      • Mercenary Footman (Level 12 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 92 2H: 91 POLE: 85)
        • Mercenary Crossbowman (Level 19 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 0 XBOW: 120 THR: 0)
          • Mercenary Sharpshooter (Level 24 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 0 XBOW: 200 THR: 0)

• Swadian Recruit (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 65 2H: 61 POLE: 75)
    • Swadian Militia (Level 9 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 90 2H: 86 POLE: 87)
      • Swadian Footman (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 94 2H: 99 POLE: 97)
        • Swadian Man at Arms (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 117 2H: 115 POLE: 117)
          • Swadian Knight (Level 25 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 149 2H: 140 POLE: 150)
        • Swadian Infantry (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 124 2H: 116 POLE: 10:cool:
          • Swadian Sergeant (Level 25 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 147 2H: 140 POLE: 154)
      • Swadian Skirmisher (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 82 XBOW: 85 THR: 81)
        • Swadian Crossbowman (Level 19 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 0 XBOW: 100 THR: 0)
          • Swadian Sharpshooter (Level 24 STR: 15 AGI: 5 BOW: 0 XBOW: 130 THR: 0)

• Vaegir Recruit (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 69 2H: 61 POLE: 75)
    • Vaegir Footman (Level 9 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 78 2H: 91 POLE: 85)
      • Vaegir Veteran (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 91 2H: 100 POLE: 90)
        • Vaegir Horseman (Level 19 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 110 2H: 117 POLE: 117)
          • Vaegir Knight (Level 24 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 136 2H: 145 POLE: 137)
        • Vaegir Infantry (Level 19 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 107 2H: 105 POLE: 117)
          • Vaegir Guard (Level 24 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 150 2H: 150 POLE: 150)
      • Vaegir Skirmisher (Level 14 STR: 15 AGI: 5 BOW: 68 XBOW: 73 THR: 62)
        • Vaegir Archer (Level 19 STR: 15 AGI: 5 BOW: 110 XBOW: 0 THR: 0)
          • Vaegir Marksman (Level 24 STR: 15 AGI: 5 BOW: 140 XBOW: 0 THR: 0)

• Khergit Tribesman (Level 5 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 54 2H: 57 POLE: 64)
    • Khergit Skirmisher (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 127 XBOW: 61 THR: 80)
      • Khergit Horseman (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 96 XBOW: 81 THR: 86)
        • Khergit Lancer (Level 23 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 137 2H: 125 POLE: 12:cool:
        • Khergit Horse Archer (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 126 XBOW: 89 THR: 82)
          • Khergit Veteran Horse Archer (Level 21 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 230 XBOW: 104 THR: 104)

• Nord Recruit (Level 6 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 55 2H: 53 POLE: 64)
    • Nord Footman (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 71 2H: 75 POLE: 77)
      • Nord Trained Footman (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 112 2H: 113 POLE: 116)
        • Nord Warrior (Level 19 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 133 2H: 133 POLE: 12:cool:
          • Nord Veteran (Level 24 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 148 2H: 130 POLE: 149)
            • Nord Huscarl (Level 28 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 156 2H: 168 POLE: 159)
    • Nord Huntsman (Level 11 STR: 15 AGI: 5 BOW: 70 XBOW: 0 THR: 0)
      • Nord Archer (Level 15 STR: 15 AGI: 5 BOW: 90 XBOW: 0 THR: 0)
        • Nord Veteran Archer (Level 19 STR: 15 AGI: 5 BOW: 110 XBOW: 0 THR: 0)

• Rhodok Tribesman (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 60 2H: 64 POLE: 6:cool:
    • Rhodok Spearman (Level 9 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 87 2H: 92 POLE: 94)
      • Rhodok Trained Spearman (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 116 2H: 106 POLE: 113)
        • Rhodok Veteran Spearman (Level 19 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 133 2H: 120 POLE: 11:cool:
          • Rhodok Sergeant (Level 24 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 151 2H: 135 POLE: 130)
    • Rhodok Crossbowman (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 89 XBOW: 92 THR: 101)
      • Rhodok Trained Crossbowman (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 0 XBOW: 105 THR: 0)
        • Rhodok Sharpshooter (Level 25 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 0 XBOW: 140 THR: 0)

• Imperial Velites (Level 9 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 87 2H: 87 POLE: 85)
    • Imperial Hestati (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 105 2H: 103 POLE: 97)
      • Imperial Principes (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 126 2H: 123 POLE: 134)
        • Imperial Triarii (Level 30 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 152 2H: 146 POLE: 157)

• Imperial Lancearii (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 110 2H: 105 POLE: 112)
    • Imperial Conttarii (Level 23 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 134 2H: 129 POLE: 136)
      • Imperial Cataphractii (Level 30 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 154 2H: 160 POLE: 162)

• Peasant (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 69 2H: 65 POLE: 66)
    • Peasant* (Level 5 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 73 2H: 77 POLE: 67)

• Antarian Regular Infantry (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 92 2H: 85 POLE: 86)
    • Antarian Regular Infantry* (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 84 2H: 88 POLE: 93)

• Antarian Veteran Infantry (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 103 2H: 113 POLE: 115)
    • Antarian Veteran Infantry* (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 110 2H: 112 POLE: 107)

• Antarian Javelinman (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 68 XBOW: 70 THR: 95)
    • Antarian Javelinman* (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 69 XBOW: 74 THR: 127)

• Antarian Scout (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 92 2H: 80 POLE: 82)
    • Antarian Scout* (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 85 2H: 97 POLE: 95)

• Antarian Noble (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 95 2H: 98 POLE: 96)
    • Antarian Noble* (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 102 2H: 104 POLE: 103)

• Antarian Knight (Level 19 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 111 2H: 105 POLE: 111)
    • Antarian Knight* (Level 19 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 115 2H: 107 POLE: 109)

• Antarian Guard (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 145 2H: 126 POLE: 130)
    • Antarian Guard* (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 129 2H: 134 POLE: 142)

• Peasant (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 70 2H: 70 POLE: 69)
    • Peasant* (Level 5 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 78 2H: 78 POLE: 80)

• Marinian Conscript Infantry (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 85 2H: 96 POLE: 85)
    • Marinian Conscript Infantry* (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 89 2H: 89 POLE: 92)

• Marinian Regular Infantry (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 134 2H: 115 POLE: 124)
    • Marinian Regular Infantry* (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 133 2H: 117 POLE: 132)

• Marinian Veteran Infantry (Level 22 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 134 2H: 145 POLE: 143)
    • Marinian Veteran Infantry* (Level 22 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 131 2H: 129 POLE: 130)

• Marinian Crossbowman (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 94 XBOW: 97 THR: 95)
    • Marinian Crossbowman* (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 94 XBOW: 88 THR: 89)

• Marinian Trained Crossbowman (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 0 XBOW: 105 THR: 0)
    • Marinian Trained Crossbowman* (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 0 XBOW: 105 THR: 0)

• Marinian Elite Crossbowman (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 0 XBOW: 120 THR: 0)
    • Marinian Elite Crossbowman* (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 0 XBOW: 120 THR: 0)

• Marinian Mercenary (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 103 2H: 101 POLE: 101)
    • Marinian Mercenary* (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 105 2H: 101 POLE: 111)

• Marinian Landsknecht (Level 18 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 122 2H: 116 POLE: 126)
    • Marinian Landsknecht* (Level 18 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 126 2H: 117 POLE: 117)

• Peasant (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 66 2H: 70 POLE: 66)
    • Peasant* (Level 5 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 75 2H: 65 POLE: 67)

• Adenian Regular Infantry (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 83 2H: 88 POLE: 8:cool:
    • Adenian Regular Infantry* (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 84 2H: 88 POLE: 8:cool:

• Adenian Veteran Infantry (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 99 2H: 104 POLE: 102)
    • Adenian Veteran Infantry* (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 109 2H: 101 POLE: 103)

• Adenian Archer (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 127 XBOW: 62 THR: 6:cool:
    • Adenian Archer* (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 123 XBOW: 66 THR: 57)

• Adenian Veteran Archer (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 94 XBOW: 76 THR: 75)
    • Adenian Veteran Archer* (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 94 XBOW: 74 THR: 66)

• Adenian Light Cavalry (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 109 2H: 111 POLE: 111)
    • Adenian Light Cavalry* (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 96 2H: 107 POLE: 104)

• Adenian Medium Cavalry (Level 22 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 127 2H: 129 POLE: 124)
    • Adenian Medium Cavalry* (Level 22 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 118 2H: 114 POLE: 114)

• Adenian Squire (Level 16 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 108 2H: 114 POLE: 104)
    • Adenian Squire* (Level 16 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 103 2H: 118 POLE: 105)

• Adenian Knight (Level 23 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 116 2H: 123 POLE: 115)
    • Adenian Knight* (Level 23 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 120 2H: 118 POLE: 115)

• Peasant (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 65 2H: 61 POLE: 6:cool:
    • Peasant* (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 74 2H: 62 POLE: 64)

• Villianese Regular Ifantry (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 135 2H: 120 POLE: 126)
    • Villianese Regular Ifantry* (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 126 2H: 125 POLE: 121)

• Villianese Veteran Infantry (Level 22 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 137 2H: 128 POLE: 145)
    • Villianese Veteran Infantry* (Level 22 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 128 2H: 128 POLE: 127)

• Villianese Longbowman (Level 9 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 123 XBOW: 66 THR: 6:cool:
    • Villianese Longbowman* (Level 9 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 75 XBOW: 59 THR: 69)

• Villianese Veteran Longbowman (Level 13 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 95 XBOW: 66 THR: 75)
    • Villianese Veteran Longbowman* (Level 13 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 95 XBOW: 68 THR: 75)

• Villianese Elite Longowman (Level 17 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 127 XBOW: 83 THR: 79)
    • Villianese Elite Longowman* (Level 17 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 115 XBOW: 80 THR: 80)

• Villianese Noble (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 108 2H: 112 POLE: 102)
    • Villianese Noble* (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 96 2H: 100 POLE: 110)

• Villianese Chief (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 138 2H: 132 POLE: 134)
    • Villianese Chief* (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 146 2H: 130 POLE: 135)

• Peasant (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 56 2H: 53 POLE: 51)
    • Peasant* (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 61 2H: 49 POLE: 60)

• Zerrikanian Militia (Level 9 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 83 2H: 75 POLE: 71)
    • Zerrikanian Militia* (Level 9 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 84 2H: 84 POLE: 7:cool:

• Zerrikanian Archer (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 85 XBOW: 59 THR: 60)
    • Zerrikanian Archer* (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 127 XBOW: 68 THR: 55)

• Zerrikanian Trained Archer (Level 13 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 111 XBOW: 76 THR: 75)
    • Zerrikanian Trained Archer* (Level 13 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 111 XBOW: 74 THR: 79)

• Zerrikanian Scout (Level 12 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 94 XBOW: 96 THR: 85)
    • Zerrikanian Scout* (Level 12 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 96 XBOW: 90 THR: 8:cool:

• Zerrikanian Rider (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 90 XBOW: 93 THR: 102)
    • Zerrikanian Rider* (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 95 XBOW: 89 THR: 87)

• Zerrikanian Veteran Rider (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 104 XBOW: 110 THR: 113)
    • Zerrikanian Veteran Rider* (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 111 XBOW: 106 THR: 105)

• Zerrikanian Timariot (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 111 2H: 105 POLE: 105)
    • Zerrikanian Timariot* (Level 15 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 111 2H: 113 POLE: 105)

• Zerrikanian Sipahi (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 138 2H: 132 POLE: 140)
    • Zerrikanian Sipahi* (Level 20 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 128 2H: 130 POLE: 137)

• Looter (Level 4 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 22 2H: 24 POLE: 27)
    • Mountain Bandit (Level 11 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 102 2H: 103 POLE: 90)
    • Forest Bandit (Level 11 STR: 7 AGI: 5 BOW: 90 XBOW: 94 THR: 92)

• Bandit (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 72 2H: 62 POLE: 71)
    • Brigand (Level 16 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 96 2H: 106 POLE: 102)

• Manhunter (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 62 2H: 55 POLE: 60)
    • Slave Driver (Level 14 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 97 2H: 87 POLE: 82)
      • Slave Hunter (Level 18 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 94 2H: 104 POLE: 104)
        • Slave Crusher (Level 22 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 116 2H: 124 POLE: 120)
          • Slaver Chief (Level 26 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 134 2H: 138 POLE: 147)

• Refugee (Level 1 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 46 2H: 50 POLE: 51)
    • Camp Follower (Level 5 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 71 2H: 70 POLE: 85)
      • Huntress (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 97 2H: 94 POLE: 9:cool:
        • Camp Defender (Level 16 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 103 2H: 110 POLE: 114)
          • Sword Sister (Level 22 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 159 2H: 140 POLE: 154)

• Peasant Woman (Level 1 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 45 2H: 47 POLE: 50)
    • Camp Follower (Level 5 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 71 2H: 70 POLE: 85)
      • Huntress (Level 10 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 97 2H: 94 POLE: 9:cool:
        • Camp Defender (Level 16 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 103 2H: 110 POLE: 114)
          • Sword Sister (Level 22 STR: 7 AGI: 5 1H: 159 2H: 140 POLE: 154)

I deleted whole conversation in this topic to make space for FAQ, here it is (EDIT:I missed 2 messages)
Sibilance said:
Lovely to see, this has got potential. One application of this which I'd love to see would be as a spellchecking and proofreading ground for the mod's dialogues and events and other relevant text. Just throw up the relevant .txt files on their own pages and let the grammarians in the community sort it out. I know FleshyStarfish did a typo sweep back in 4.0, and I think we ought to get together and help out with another.

I think it seems like a win-win. Much of the text in this game needs the fine-tooth comb treatment (and there's still a few Native errors!), and v5 will probably add all sorts of new text in need of care and attention. We could spare our beloved mod team from slogging through boring, uninspiring, nitpicky work, and those of us who pitch in can get a sneak peek at the new content and help with its fine-tuning. In the end, the whole thing will feel more polished, and we'll all have the warm fuzzy feeling of being a good mod community and helping make v5 even sexier.

Anyone else want to answer the call?
Exin said:
Sibilance said:
Lovely to see, this has got potential. One application of this which I'd love to see would be as a spellchecking and proofreading ground for the mod's dialogues and events and other relevant text. Just throw up the relevant .txt files on their own pages and let the grammarians in the community sort it out. I know FleshyStarfish did a typo sweep back in 4.0, and I think we ought to get together and help out with another.

I think it seems like a win-win. Much of the text in this game needs the fine-tooth comb treatment (and there's still a few Native errors!), and v5 will probably add all sorts of new text in need of care and attention. We could spare our beloved mod team from slogging through boring, uninspiring, nitpicky work, and those of us who pitch in can get a sneak peek at the new content and help with its fine-tuning. In the end, the whole thing will feel more polished, and we'll all have the warm fuzzy feeling of being a good mod community and helping make v5 even sexier.

Anyone else want to answer the call?

Hey there,

Good to see that you're interested in the mod :grin:. But have a bit of faith, we're 5 writers now that vonmistont asked to help with V5. I think grammar mistakes will not be a problem in V5.

Exin.
vonmistont said:
Exin said:
Hey there,

Good to see that you're interested in the mod :grin:. But have a bit of faith, we're 5 writers now that vonmistont asked to help with V5. I think grammar mistakes will not be a problem in V5.

Exin.
Daz tru. Me thank no many mistykes here be.
Mordachai said:
vadermath said:
If it wasn't too big, I would've sigged that. Sigh.

It's the thought that counts :grin:
SanDiego said:
Oh, C'Mon, english spelling is a walk in the park. Mayan is much worse :wink:
[quote author=Mordachai]
Well, keep in mind that even as a native speaker its easy to misspell English.  Considering that English spelling was obviously evolved out of bashing the village idiot repeatedly until he started screaming random letters and then writing them down, and then penalizing each other for not getting it "right" - meaning, not spelling it the same way that that poor tortured idiot did. :sad:
[/quote]

How do I edit each and everyone of my Lord's Banners??

..Cmon surely thats possible :sad:. Its kinda too plain having them all under my Banner :sad:. Anyone know how to change them?

Mick95 said:
How do I edit each and everyone of my Lord's Banners??

..Cmon surely thats possible :sad:. Its kinda too plain having them all under my Banner :sad:. Anyone know how to change them?

Unfortunatly, I don't think thats possibly at the moment. Maybe its somewhere in the code. *starts searching through to try to find out how to do that*.

I dont want to start a thread for this so I ask it here.

Im with the sultanate, I got my first castle, I have built the practice range (works fine) and stables which gives me renown but Im unable to train mounted units and the building menu is greyed out altough the report says I have 6 other thing to built there yet.

Another thing, I was stupid enough to choose a castle with siege tower for my first so I lost weeks of gameplay to wait out until Sanjar and his host FINALLY manage to build that damn tower to assault, the stables finished during the siege, maybe thats why I cant train mounted units yet?

btw the siege was funny, the first round worked fine, I had 270 troops and I lost 20, in the second round I spawned with 28 units altough I had more then 200 in my castle... (and I play on realistic save)

Last question, is there a chance that in the next version the player will be able to recruit native faction troops after he starts his kingdom?

Excellent guide/FAQ.

The only part i have a problem with is this:

Once you get a relatively strong army of 100, (most of the units should have been leveled up two times, and always have a fresh supply of 10-30 recruits in your party)and also try and get some companions, you should join one of the factions.

A very good idea in theory. Except you can't upgrade your troops without first owning a castle/town.

I've only been playing the mod a few days and i find it extrordinarily hard. My tactic at the beginning in native was to level up my army on bandits. Now i start off with an army too small to attack lords/castles/towns, yet too large to chase bandit parties of 10-20. In my first game, after 1 day i had to pay my wages. Except that my wages were higher than my starting money... (and for some reason, it took me 3 days to find a single sea raider party)

The flaw i am highlighting here is, usually in this situation i would disband some of my infantry to reduce running costs and increase the overall speed of my army on the map. But if i do this, i can't replace those troops later when i need the stength to take a castle because i don't have a castle to upgrade my troops  :???:

I'm assuming after this MAJOR FLAW has been overcome, the game gets easier?

Seismica said:
Excellent guide/FAQ.

Once you get a relatively strong army of 100, (most of the units should have been leveled up two times, and always have a fresh supply of 10-30 recruits in your party)and also try and get some companions, you should join one of the factions.

A very good idea in theory. Except you can't upgrade your troops without first owning a castle/town.

I've only been playing the mod a few days and i find it extrordinarily hard. My tactic at the beginning in native was to level up my army on bandits. Now i start off with an army too small to attack lords/castles/towns, yet too large to chase bandit parties of 10-20. In my first game, after 1 day i had to pay my wages. Except that my wages were higher than my starting money... (and for some reason, it took me 3 days to find a single sea raider party)

The flaw i am highlighting here is, usually in this situation i would disband some of my infantry to reduce running costs and increase the overall speed of my army on the map. But if i do this, i can't replace those troops later when i need the stength to take a castle because i don't have a castle to upgrade my troops  :???:

It's not a flaw, the game is designed that way.  To take a castle, you'll need to recruit merc troops, which upgrade the same as they did in Native.  That's what he's referring to, not the faction troops you start with.  You'll be able to get mercs in villages as well as from the tavern keeps.  Once you get a decent number of Blades/Swordsmen you'll have an easier time taking your castle.  From a gameplay standpoint this makes sense, you aren't affiliated with any of the native factions, and you don't have the facilities or trainers for your own.  Hopes this helps your early game go a bit smoother!

psfalk said:
Seismica said:
Excellent guide/FAQ.

It's not a flaw, the game is designed that way.  To take a castle, you'll need to recruit merc troops, which upgrade the same as they did in Native.  That's what he's referring to, not the faction troops you start with.  You'll be able to get mercs in villages as well as from the tavern keeps.  Once you get a decent number of Blades/Swordsmen you'll have an easier time taking your castle.  From a gameplay standpoint this makes sense, you aren't affiliated with any of the native factions, and you don't have the facilities or trainers for your own.  Hopes this helps your early game go a bit smoother!

So Merc troops still upgrade the usual way? Oh and farmers from villages lead to merc troops oh yeah... It all seems so clear now.

Oh well, i still think its a flaw in the game. Unless of course:

Can you use another Lords' facilites to upgrade your troops? I can't see why you shouldn't be able to if you are a Vassal of that faction and have good relations with the Lord. After all, even taking your first castle when allied to a faction requires a fair amount of troops. And then a sufficient garrison to hold off the onslaught from the enemy counter attack.

Seismica said:
Can you use another Lords' facilites to upgrade your troops? I can't see why you shouldn't be able to if you are a Vassal of that faction and have good relations with the Lord. After all, even taking your first castle when allied to a faction requires a fair amount of troops. And then a sufficient garrison to hold off the onslaught from the enemy counter attack.
All of the native troops still upgrade the normal way, but mercs are the only ones you can get without becoming a vassal. Just the new factions require facilities, so if you join the Nords you'll be able to upgrade to Huscarls no problem, even if you don't have a castle. However, that kind of defeats the purpose of the mod, it's designed to make your own kingdom.

psfalk said:
Seismica said:
All of the native troops still upgrade the normal way, but mercs are the only ones you can get without becoming a vassal. Just the new factions require facilities, so if you join the Nords you'll be able to upgrade to Huscarls no problem, even if you don't have a castle. However, that kind of defeats the purpose of the mod, it's designed to make your own kingdom.

Well thankyou you've been really helpful :smile:

I started a new game with the one that gets cavalry (Adenians?). I only joined them to get the map speed bonus really. And cavalry owns bandits so its probably the easiest to start with. I started getting townspeople from taverns and upgrading them to caravan guard and have now joined the Swadians, with around 15000 denars, an army of around 75 and 4 companions. But this is just the beginning, once i get a decent sized force of 150+ i will wreak havock on Nord lands  :twisted: (or Vaegir, depending on what i feel like doing at the time... Khergits take too long to beat, and Rhodok lands are full of trees which lagg my laptop :razz:)

SanDiego said:
If you play Adenians, just go and stomp Nords, they won't stand a chance :razz:

Well i like to play defensive, i've had too many bad experiences with entering enemy lands and getting ambushed by 3-4 lords on the way out :razz:

King Ragnar's army decided to besiege Derchios castle. I didn't want to fight him on mountain+forest terrain, so i lured him down into the valley beside the villages of Nemeja and Uskuru and slaughtered his army.

I noticed he didn't have a single Huscarl, whats with that? I fought a Rhodok army of 40 men shortly after, and around 30 of them were top tier (sharpshooters and sergeants). I took more losses in the battle with the 40 Rhodoks (including my only Adenian Knight  :evil:) than i did against the 200 odd Nords. It was fun though, with my old realm great lance i charged their line right at the start, and King Ragnar stuck out completely on his horseback with his shining plate armour and crown, he was the first casualty  :lol:

I got a load of Khergit Lancers from defeating the Rhodok army, and a load of Swadian Knights/Men at arms from defeating the Nord army, so my force is stronger than it was before those fights :grin:

The real problem comes when you besiege Nord castles, because even the Warriors/Veterans are stronger than just about every other infantry type in the game (aside from those new ones, with the Salade helmets, and the faith troops)

This is likely a really stupid question, but how do I upgrade my troops to mounted units? I'm playing as the Adenians. I have stables, but when I go to upgrade peasants, there's no option to turn them into mounted troops, just infantry. Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it. There's got to be something really obvious I'm missing. :smile:

Serdun said:
This is likely a really stupid question, but how do I upgrade my troops to mounted units? I'm playing as the Adenians. I have stables, but when I go to upgrade peasants, there's no option to turn them into mounted troops, just infantry. Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it. There's got to be something really obvious I'm missing. :smile:
Do they have a * next to their name?

Back
Top Bottom