SP Tutorial Module System Adding new items to m&b using Wings 3d (now with pictures!)

Users who are viewing this thread

dear yoshi,

Thank you for your tutorial, I am however experiencing a problem.
I have placed both texture, material and mesh in the same brf file named 'testmodel'
The texture is in the texture folder of the mod(as a .dds), the brf file is in the resource folder of the mod.

I have added the following in module_items.py:
Code:
["testmodel", "Test-Model", [("testmodel",0)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn| itp_primary|itp_secondary|itp_bonus_against_shield|itp_wooden_parry, itc_scimitar|itcf_carry_axe_left_hip,
24 , weight(2) | spd_rtng(95) | weapon_length(75) | swing_damage(24, blunt) | thrust_damage(0, pierce), imodbits_axe],

and the following in module_scripts.py:
Code:
(call_script, "script_multiplayer_set_item_available_for_troop", "itm_testmodel", "trp_swadian_crossbowman_multiplayer"),

And lastly, in the module.ini file I have placed (at the bottom of the page)
Code:
load_mod_resource = testmodel

As far as I know, this should work. I neither get errors when running the build_module batch file or the game itself.
But, once in-game, my model is not in the troop list. I have tried to change the itm_testmodel in an already existing vanilla item, and that worked perfectly, but when I try to load in my own model it won't even show up in the equipment selection screen.

What is causing this?

Sincerely,

DirtyMorth

I'm wondering about this tutorial... is it completely outdated?
I just started out modelling and texturing, now I need to understand how to add items.
Searching the forums leads here, but something tells me I should look somewhere else  :???:

So far I've found the following but nothing on new textures and meshes in there :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,230802.msg5522477.html#msg5522477

Also the BRF edit tool is said to be outdated

So any experienced person could tell if it's still ok to use BRFedit and this tutorial or just a giant waste of time?
And in that case show the way to a new tutorial on adding items?

thanks a lot

Can someone please help me, i tried making a new armor mesh, but however once i equip it on a soldier the mesh is floating above him while hes body is gone

bridledname said:
Can someone please help me, i tried making a new armor mesh, but however once i equip it on a soldier the mesh is floating above him while hes body is gone
Paste rigging in OpenBRF and post your questions in other places, namely in the Q&A thead at the Forge main board.

Back
Top Bottom