SP Antiquity Roma Invicta Returned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Llew2

Cheap ass bum
Count
I present to you, Roma Invicta, returned!

Download Here.

Back in the days of .751, I enjoyed the pleasant anachronism of slaughtering Calradians and the occasional happy-go-pillage Gallic army with Raptors kick-arse Romans. So long story short, I ported Roma Invicta to 1.011, and have uploaded it for anyone else who enjoys anachronistically killing dudes with Romans. (Or Gauls, if you're weird.)

All items are made by RR_Raptor65, and they are free to use if credit is given to him, as per the original Roma Invicta thread.

Ten armies of Romans and Gauls will spawn near Praven and Dhirim, and will probably wander around until they find each other or (the Romans) find bandits to chance. The troop trees are exactly as they were in the old Roma Invicta; all I did was some very minor tweaking.

Limitanei can be found in Taverns, and upgrade into both Gauls and Romans (Admittedly, this was not in the original). Farmers also upgrade into Romans.

The module system files can be had here, if you want to make your own changes.

Screenshots:
Roma1.png

roma2.png

roma4.png

Dumb Gauls.

roma3.png

PS: I will not fix any bugs.

I really hope you or Raptor will release these items for other people to use.  You've no idea how mush I could use these items for my own mod.  But hey, I mean, it's all up to you right?  please!

is it just some roman armies spawning in the middle of calradia.... or are you able to join gauls or romans as a faction vassal.

+ can you equip those roman/gaul arms? i'd love to fight with a pugio or a spatha in M&B

Hietala said:
is it just some roman armies spawning in the middle of calradia.... or are you able to join gauls or romans as a faction vassal.

+ can you equip those roman/gaul arms? i'd love to fight with a pugio or a spatha in M&B

You can fight with the Roman armies against the Gallic armies (unless you change the faction status with the module system). You can fight the Romans also.

All items are buyable, yes.

Dudro said:
I really hope you or Raptor will release these items for other people to use.  You've no idea how mush I could use these items for my own mod.  But hey, I mean, it's all up to you right?   please!

All items are made by RR_Raptor65, and yes they are free to use if credit is given to him. I'll put that more prominently in the first post.

The models are brilliant, and the sight of a huge mass of Gauls charging toward the Roman legionaries has got me really desperate for Hegemony to be completed for 1.011. Raptor is very skilled! Thanks for doing this port Llew2.

Oh and for anyone playing this, remember that the Roman infantry responds to archer commands on the battlefield, not infantry (so F3, not F2). In my last quick battle I had the legions hold fire while the cavalry clashed, and waited for the Gaulish infantry to arrive before letting them have it. It's so cool to see the rain of missiles from both armies as they come together.

Roma Invicta was one of my first mods, along with Battle for Siccily and 1066. I tried this version, and it still kicks ass!

Well done!

You know Llew, you should think about doing a full Roman modification, if and when you get the chance. We have a Late Republic/Early Empire one, but I think quite a few people wouldn't mind having one set in the Imperial age, with the classic Imperial Legions. I for one certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at such a mod.

Back
Top Bottom