Weapons & Armour

Users who are viewing this thread

armord.jpg

Very swanky looking armour - the first screen shot looks like how I imagine Arthur in Bernard Cornwell's Warlord trilogy...

Added AlphaDelta's Viking Pack to get some variety in shields, tunics and armour. Now there are nearly 800 items. Note that most of stuff from Native was deleted, so there are about 600 completely new items. Some screens:

ad_viking_character_02.jpg

Viking shield set:
ad_viking_shields_fullset_01.jpg

Viking tunic set:
ad_viking_costumes_01.jpg

Viking byrnie set:

viking_byrnie_01.jpg

They're really nice. Might be good to vary the colour a little for some variety - dunno how difficult that is...

Cool. Was just thinking that with all the variety of shields that Alpha Delta has made, you want all cultures to have fairly colourful shields to go along with them. Is this also the right time to point out that Anglian shields of this period are also fairly small and buckler like? This is the reconstruction of the shield from the cemetary at Norton in Cleveland from the museum where I work:

506206859_67988c88fc.jpg

You can see it isn't that big compared to the spear, and also has quite prominent conical rather than round boss.

I was aware about that fact and recently recalled that while working on Bernician troop trees. In the first version of mod I'm going to give buckler-sized shields for Gebur and Geoguth plus maybe Duguth, Alpha Delta's medium round shields for Duguth and Gesith, and finally Vanilla lenticular shield only for Gesith. Just an idea to give small shields for low/medium tier warriors and larger for medium/high tier.

Gebur -> Geoguth -> Duguth -> Gesith

I hope you understood something from my gibberish.  :grin:

Here is the horn Kolba, although I do not feel done with it, it looks to "naked", there is something missing.

Anyway some critique on it would be nice.

Btw the Runes you see says "Kriger", which is norwegian for "Warrior", translated to norse runes.  :razz:

outputcopy-3.jpg

runic_horn6.jpg

Yes, the Norwegian inscription isn't really suitable for our area.

You can choose a word from this dictionary:

http://www.utexas.edu/cola/centers/lrc/books/asd/index-all.html

Or use an Anglo-Saxon name, for example Cynríc.

There are a number of Old English words for warrior if you want to use one of them: Beorn, Cempa, Dreng, Wiga, Garberend...

You might also want to use the Anglo-Saxon runic alphabet.

Looks great Rath0s!  Each new model looks better than the last.

Is it to be a prop, or used by the player?

Edit:  never mind, I just read the other thread and saw it's fer gettin' loaded with in the tavern.  Good call  :mrgreen:

Unless you're going to add the leather straps, I think it looks just fine as it is.

If you really just need to scratch that 'need to tweak it more' itch, maybe try some dodge/burn on the texture to bring out the 'grain' of the bone a bit more, make it a little more worn in. Once you settle on the inscription, try adding a little more contrast around the letters, some deeper shadows and some more prominent highlights here and there do give it some depth and sheen.   

Back
Top Bottom