[Outdated] Unofficial Mount & Blade Editor (0.403b - for 0.750)

Users who are viewing this thread

Howdo..!..

It may be a silly question but...

why is there no plan to update this editor in the future?

oh and is there any other editors that are similar or surpass this one for use on version 1.011? or will anyone be trying to make one?

You see I'm a bit of a retard and whiles I LOVE playing this fantastic game and love using the item & troop editor, I do not have the intellectual depth to learn the complexities of editing the multitude of different files necessary to change my M&B world.

I do have the greatest respect and admiration for those uber-modders on here who change the M&B world for us
Eagle and the Radiant Cross... cough... cough...

and I do understand that editors can only take you so far when changing certain (or a large amount of) aspects of the game i.e. modelling and creating new meshes.

But would it be possible for an updated or revised version similar to this editor by someone else (as I understand this one will not be updated) so the not so intelligent people out there who still might have alot of imagination can bring there changes to the community.

Maybe this would only encourage people like me to stay lazy and not trawl through the days of complex (to me anyway) reading material and actually work to a detrimental affect on the modding community.

anyway, I'm all ears (or eyes)

p.s. please don't be mean to me I have a delicate nature and cry easily

The reason why this editor isn't updated, is because Effidan is here no longer. Python is much more powerful than the editor. When you use an editor, it will change the module directly, not the source code(Python). If you get it. :wink:

There's still some editors left that still works, though.

Item editor
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,27735.0.html

Troop editor
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,34154.0.html

Map editor
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5646.0.html

Ahhh.. That would be a good reason there..

I am already using those editors (besides the map editor (cos I'm taking baby steps)).. But thanks for that :smile:

if all you are changing is item and troop stats, you are better off learning python than the 2 'editor' tools.

You seem to speak good English, so you should be able to understand python no problem:

here's what a troop- entry looks like in python:

["farmer","Farmer","Farmers",tf_guarantee_armor,no_scene,reserved,fac_commoners,
  [itm_cleaver,itm_knife,itm_pitch_fork,itm_sickle,itm_club,itm_stones,itm_leather_cap,itm_felt_hat,itm_felt_hat,itm_linen_tunic,itm_coarse_tunic,itm_nomad_boots,itm_wrapping_boots],
  def_attrib|level(4),wp(60),knows_common,man_face_middle_1, man_face_old_2],

let's break it down now...

["farmer", = troop ID, used for reference in other python files.  You can ignore it.  In fact, you SHOULD NOT change it, unless you want 14 hours of eyeball-burning searching all the other python files for mention of 'farmer'

"Farmer","Farmers",  = the singular and plural versions of the troop name that you will see in the game.  Change this to whatever tickles you.

tf_guarantee_armor, = this troop is guaranteed to get armour.  Therefore, you have to have at least 1 body-armour item in the inventory.  You can add lots of [tf_] functions here, there is a list in header_troops, or just copy some from the other troops in this file.

no_scene,= this troop is not linked to a specific scene, which means he/she will crop up anywhere the game scripts tell him/her to.  Again, you SHOULD NOT change it, unless you want 14 hours of eyeball-burning....

reserved, = a constant.  May also be 0.  DO NOT CHANGE IT. Unless you really know what you are doing....

fac_commoners, = specifies faction of troop.  I think it affects party morale, possibly also chance of recruiting prisoners according to faction relation.
  [itm_cleaver,itm_knife,itm_pitch_fork,itm_sickle,itm_club,itm_stones,itm_leather_cap,itm_felt_hat,itm_felt_hat,itm_linen_tunic,itm_coarse_tunic,itm_nomad_boots,itm_wrapping_boots], = items list.  You can give a troop as many items as you want, up to about 70, but they will only equip the best ones that they have the ability (stats) to use. see below...

def_attrib|level(4),wp(60), = define the attributes (stats / abilities /weaponskills ), in this case, a random spread for a level 4 character.  You can be as general as this, or as specific as
def_attrib|str_12|int_8|level(19),wp(80)|wp_firearm(110)|wp_archery(110)  (continue to the extreme of assigning a value to each and every attribute, and weaponskill.

knows_common, = has characteristics defined by the constant "common". there are a lot of optional constants, listed near the top of the troops file, else you can just add manually things like  knows_power_draw_4|knows_ironflesh_1|knows_power_draw_2|knows_athletics_2

man_face_middle_1, man_face_old_2], = sets a range of facial features, within which a random face will be generated for this troop.

Items is even easier, if you ask me, but if you are still scared by the above.....  Ask for help in the modding tools board.

So the Python editor is the way to go then..?

Besides the ability to change the faces of troops, all of that can be accomplished via the troop editor though.
I find the troop and item editors compliment each other very nicely for some real basic stuff that makes such a big impact to customizing your own little world.

I'm certainly not knocking your advice though, just maybe giving you a glimpse of the level of where I am at the moment as far as modding skills, virtually nil that is :sad:

However I am intrigued enough to learn much more about modding this game no matter how many hours / days / weeks / months (you get the picture) it takes me, and I am determined to have a little mod of my own on here one day.

Texturing is the only string to my bow at the moment as I have had plenty of practice on other games using either Gimp or Photoshop, so its the only aspect of modding this game that isn't entirely new to me.

I do so very much though want to learn how to create new factions and NPC's and change the map essentially making my own world (not asking for any advice in particular or any tutorials, I try and restrict my beginners questions as some find them irritating).

Thanks for the tip though I'll be sure to start learning how to use Python as I'm sure it has much more to offer than the 2 editors I'm currently using do.

Amman de Stazia said:
I would very strongly recommend that you download python instead.  changing items is VERY easy in python, because all the item stuff is written in plain english.  Trying to do it with the UE, you are more likely to end up making your Strange Great Sword into head armour, than to make it merchandise!
I find the UE extremely easy to use (I still play .751 mods a lot). Everything concerning items, dialogue, troops etc. was very much in plain English, and it is ridiculously easy to do things right with it. Tick the box called "merchandise" if you want it to be merchandise, and tick the box "head armour" if you want it to be worn on the head. It really is as fool proof as any editor gets. When trying Python, however, I just couldn't make heads or tails of how to use it at all. Of course, this was back when .751 was still the latest version, and it is possible there are new Python editors around this time that ARE easy to use. And which do not make ridiculous requirements such as having the M&B folder be in "Program files" rather than "Programfiler", and other such.

Yeah I love the 2 UE's and I reckon I will use them for every necessary task they can accomplish,

However I am atm still trying to get my head around modding constants i.e. factions in particular, and my good god do I wish (out of pure laziness) that there was a UE designed specificaly for this (that also simple changed the name of factions in dialog with NPC's also).

I mean (and Im saying this with little to no knowledge about Python script editting) why can some lovely person creat a tool that allows you to change the name of a faction, the capital city and the towns & cities that are owned by the faction?

Also I find the only thing the UTroopE doesnt let me do, which I would like to do is "add" new troops to enable me to widen the troop trees.
If there is a way and I have missed it, I am very embarressed in advance.

Plus and I know this isnt the place but I've started writting now so i'll finish and it just popped into my head, but do you think its possible to make the AI of faction armies only attack the closest towns castles and cities to thier own borders instead of marching way the hell across all of Calradia to take a castle they will never hold onto?

ooh! ooh! and wouldnt it be nice if there were colour codded territories that encompass designated arears around towns and cities (larger for cities) that fit together lke a patchwork of counties or states that cover the whole map?
(maybe on a mini-map or something cos most people probably woulndt like wee-stained colour all over a yellow coloured factions territories)

Much Love
Mr. Fingers 

Kissaki said:
Amman de Stazia said:
I would very strongly recommend that you download python instead.  changing items is VERY easy in python, because all the item stuff is written in plain english.  Trying to do it with the UE, you are more likely to end up making your Strange Great Sword into head armour, than to make it merchandise!
I find the UE extremely easy to use (I still play .751 mods a lot). Everything concerning items, dialogue, troops etc. was very much in plain English, and it is ridiculously easy to do things right with it. Tick the box called "merchandise" if you want it to be merchandise, and tick the box "head armour" if you want it to be worn on the head. It really is as fool proof as any editor gets. When trying Python, however, I just couldn't make heads or tails of how to use it at all. Of course, this was back when .751 was still the latest version, and it is possible there are new Python editors around this time that ARE easy to use. And which do not make ridiculous requirements such as having the M&B folder be in "Program files" rather than "Programfiler", and other such.

My M&B folder has never been in Program files...

You just have to change the address/location in 'module.info'
But I do agree, for mods of the same M&B version, Effidian's UE is very good.
it's just that there is no real way to make a .751 mod with the UE, then port it to 1011.
Otherwise I'm sure I'd do this, along with many other people!

I wonder if anyone has the source code for the unofficial editor. Because the download site is dead. If you do could you put it up on rapidshare or something? I'm working on something and it would shorten development time if I had the source of the unofficial editor.

well...

i have this editor xD
i'm makian a .751 mod hmm...for about one year lol
its good... improved the graps etc....
well.. if it was to 1.011 i was rockin' in the mods XD

Please make another for 1.110 i would love to actually make my own mod but its way too hard if i haven't got the right equipment...

-I Pkz I
:twisted:

André de Cuyne said:
Try the PyME.

Except for the anims (screwed) and the map (I can't figure yet how to edit it), it will help you a lot in all other stuff.

do you know how to add spawn points with a map editor?

-I Pkz I
:twisted:

Wow... I knew that. But it was a long time ago  :???:

I remember that Thorgrim's map editor overwrites the parties text file. So, If you use the Module System to build your mod, edit the map after the Module System compilation, or the coordinates of the parties (and spawn points) will be as declared in the Module System.

Precision concerning the PyME : it cannot edit text files of the game, only the Module System.

André de Cuyne said:
Wow... I knew that. But it was a long time ago  :???:

I remember that Thorgrim's map editor overwrites the parties text file. So, If you use the Module System to build your mod, edit the map after the Module System compilation, or the coordinates of the parties (and spawn points) will be as declared in the Module System.

Precision concerning the PyME : it cannot edit text files of the game, only the Module System.

Is their any tutorial i can see or thread i can view that can help?
i think i know how to make new units all i need is to make a spawn point..

When i try to open a moduel i get this error

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at EditForm.getLastPath()
  at EditForm.openToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
mb_edit
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2296.38440
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hamani/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX07.040/mb_edit.exe
msvcm80
    Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.6195
    Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.6195
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a/msvcm80.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

HellSamurai said:
When i try to open a moduel i get this error
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at EditForm.getLastPath()
  at EditForm.openToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
mb_edit
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2296.38440
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hamani/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX07.040/mb_edit.exe
msvcm80
    Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.6195
    Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.6195
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a/msvcm80.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,105928.0.html
Effidian's has been outdated for awhile now. The thread probably should be locked.... check the link above for the Warband tools

Back
Top Bottom