OSP Code QoL Companions Overview

Users who are viewing this thread

Jedediah Q said:
HeroicZ, try and post what you've done and maybe we can work it out. You probably know this but the menu option is always visible but won't start up if there are no heroes in your party.

MountainBlade, very nice indeed. I'm gonna add a config option and give you the inspirational credit.  :cool:
BTW, you can start a presentation from inside another. Just keep the vars global.

Currently fixing and adding:
- Click selection now takes you to a full sheet with everything you need to know, including personality clashes, ALL skills, equipment modifiers, full body mesh view.

Already done:

1.2 Changes

- Automatically shows previously/last checked hero at start-up. Defaults back to first troop in list if this is the first visit or if troop left the party.

1.1 Changes

- Renamed 'Equipment' to 'Armor' for continuity/readability

- "Cutting down the middle man". Added button 'Back to shop'. Takes you straight back to recent store - as it was meant to be from the beginning.
(only visible if any of current town's shops have been visited prior to C.O.).
  HOTKEY: BackSpace

First, I copy the Resource and Texture folder from the Source file and paste it into my mod. Then I paste    load_mod_resource = Companions_Overview_mesh    to my module.ini.

Since i don't know what version you downloaded ( Companions Overview - Source files or Companions Overview Mod you'll simply have to do with two answers.

1. Source files
If you downloaded 'Companions Overview - Source files'. You must compile it with the Official M&B module system files (v 1.010).
http://www.taleworlds.com/download/mb_module_system_1010_0.zip

The tool you need is Python 2.61
http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.1/

Search the forum on how to do a proper install - and backup your old native folder. One important note: The file "module_info.py" contains the path to place the newly baked mod. Copy and paste the path to your M&B modules folder and rename the last entry of the path to avoid overwriting original files!

2. Mod
The Mod version is the simplest way to test it out. It's pure naked native with C.O. attached. You don't have to do anything but copy the entire folder: "Companions Overview" to your ".../Mount & Blade/Modules/" folder.

...It sounds like your trying to implement this to an already existing mod. I would love that to work seamlessly but since the compiler leaves traces and stamps just about everywhere (and this goes for any mod with added code), it's a hard (if not) impossible task trying to figure out what should be added to your existing textfiles. Thus the alt. download with the source files. They are heavily commented for fast copy/paste actions. If you have the source files for your own mod you should be able to fix it in no-time. Just read my 'ReadMe' for instructions.

Jedediah Q said:
Since i don't know what version you downloaded ( Companions Overview - Source files or Companions Overview Mod you'll simply have to do with two answers.

1. Source files
If you downloaded 'Companions Overview - Source files'. You must compile it with the Official M&B module system files (v 1.010).
http://www.taleworlds.com/download/mb_module_system_1010_0.zip

The tool you need is Python 2.61
http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.1/

Search the forum on how to do a proper install - and backup your old native folder. One important note: The file "module_info.py" contains the path to place the newly baked mod. Copy and paste the path to your M&B modules folder and rename the last entry of the path to avoid overwriting original files!

2. Mod
The Mod version is the simplest way to test it out. It's pure naked native with C.O. attached. You don't have to do anything but copy the entire folder: "Companions Overview" to your ".../Mount & Blade/Modules/" folder.

...It sounds like your trying to implement this to an already existing mod. I would love that to work seamlessly but since the compiler leaves traces and stamps just about everywhere (and this goes for any mod with added code), it's a hard (if not) impossible task trying to figure out what should be added to your existing textfiles. Thus the alt. download with the source files. They are heavily commented for fast copy/paste actions. If you have the source files for your own mod you should be able to fix it in no-time. Just read my 'ReadMe' for instructions.

I will try to install using the Phyton way.Thanks allot!  :smile:

Jedediah Q said:
MountainBlade, very nice indeed. I'm gonna add a config option and give you the inspirational credit.  :cool:
BTW, you can start a presentation from inside another. Just keep the vars global.
Anything special you have to do? I tried it with a new button and it just didn't do anything.
You can use the code I posted of course.

Damnit to hell. :oops: Almost ready for next update, but i gotta run. Gonna be away for a couple of days. I'm very happy with the new, and hopefully, final version. Will upload it as soon as i get back. 'Til then, have a nice weekend!  :cool:

Heavy real life **** and so on forces me to leave this project. It's fully working but has room for improvements.
Check first post. Updated with download, pics and info.

Take care/JQ

So, sorry to resurrect this old topic, but just thought I'd chip in and say that this (appears) to still work with Warband 1.143, haven't tested it extensively but it seems fine so far. Excellent resource, by the way.

A small preview of my version of the presentation. :smile:

Supports direct access to companion's equipment and character screens.

Remaining stats (INT/CHA and their skills) are on the Page 2, user can switch between pages by clicking Tab.

Any suggestions on how to develop it further?

Also, can someone please make a nice-looking interface mesh for this?

where is taragoth when we need him...
it's awesome lav, as I've said, you are a genius, keep on like that and you'll get like Caba'drin some day.

Well, I just replicated Jedediah's functionality as my own personal lesson into presentations. In fact this is the first M&B presentation I did in my life. So no, it's not awesome... yet. Awesome is still in the planning stage. :smile:

And this is not a difficult presentation actually, just a lot of tedious work. Making it interact with character/equipment screens proved much more difficult and challenging, and took more time than the rest of presentation combined.

Since I'm proceeding to work on other things, and the code itself is pretty functional, I'm publishing the current state.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3155

The first person to make a nice polished interface mesh for this presentation gets a candy from me. :smile:

P. S. Seems I forgot to remove the Quickstart mod from the code. So there will be an extra starting option allowing you to get all companions from the very start. Nice for testing, but please don't forget to remove if/when using for actual project. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom