Guide on installing mods!

Was this guide useful to you?

• Hell, Yeah!

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Well sort of, a bit too complicated.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Nope, no help whatsoever.

• I THINK I WANT TO MAKE LOVES WITH YOU! (please don't pick this ;) )

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

MISHO

Banned
OK as the Title says it is a guide on installing mods. I tried to keep it as simple as i can for people who don't have a lot of experience with computers
have an easy time following the guide. If there is any problem and this doesnt work then feel free to post it here and maybe i can help you.

Note: Some mods (mostly large) have an .exe which you run and then you can choose the directory where to install it (just like when installing the game...) and then run mount and blade and continue with step 4 !

Step 1: Open the folder (RAR file) you downloaded and see whats inside if its only one folder that says (e.g. Hegemony- Timeless Kingdom)

Step 2: Open that folder and check if you see some more folders or if you see about 3-4 folders, then you will have to tell me what they are, But if you see a bunch of text files it means that that is the module itself, and all you have to do is exit it, and just copy the folder (e.g. Hegemony-Timeless Kingdom) and paste it in, (the directory you installed it usually C) and look for program files and the for mount&blade and when your in look for a folder called modules.

Step 3: Open the modules file, you should see a folder called native ( if you see it you are in the right place) and copy on a blank spot in the modules folder.

Step 4: Once copied exit everything and run mount&blade, and then when it opens you wil see a white box in which it says "Native" , click on the little arrow on the left and you should see something new (e.g. Hegemony- Timeless Kingdom)
click on it and run the game!
You just installed a mod :smile:

P.S. if the mod is and .exe file then just run it and the click next (or yes whatever comes up) until the installer comes up, finish when its done..
If this doesn't work then post your error or question or even problem :grin:

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
MISHO

Yeah, this should definitely be sticked in the Pioneers Guild. Theres a post about the issue popping up every other day.

Also the mod referenced for example is fantastic!

Yeah it's good, but you should clean it up, use some better grammar and make more readable and understandable.

How hard is it to extract a rar file to your modules folder?
This tutorial is a bit useless IMO as most people who post here are to retarded to read stickies or have a serious problem.

But GJ on the tutorial itself :wink:

Luck with this..

I posted this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,54292.0.html

in the pioneers forum and got flack for it.

So I just keep it in the Pop forums.

Feel free to use any of that you like.

Best,

saxondragon

lol ok :grin:
thanks...

Edit: ok i modified the first post and its as nice as it gets.
BTW lol eleabor i just saw your post now :grin:
if you have any suggestion on changing something else just tell me...

Back
Top Bottom