Divinity 2: Ego Draconis

Users who are viewing this thread

avatorio

Sergeant
Hi all,

I thought I'd take advantage of these forums to bring a small, yet great Belgian company to your attention. (Yes, that's right, even in Belgium you can have game developers and good ones too :smile: )
Larian has had a nice hit with Divine Divinity back in 2002 and now they are back with a new, old-school RPG game: Ego Draconis. It's a nice game that keeps the balance between challenging gameplay and some modern visuals. basicly what games like Gothic aspired to be, but failed miserably at in comparison to this one.
The closed beta looks really amazing and if you are in the RPG of old times like baldurs gate, you may find this to your liking.
if you'd like to have look for yourself: http://www.divinity2.com/
It is to be expected later this year, but the wait seems worth is

Sorry to necro an old post, but I don't want to start a new thread.

I tried the demo for this yesterday and didn't like it. It was buggy, slow and stuttery. But before giving up altogther I was wondering if other prople have tried this game and what they thought.

Thanks.

Well... maybe it's your PC specs.
Didn't really try it but just a thought :grin:
BTW, in your sig I noticed one of my favorite quotes :grin:
And also noticed there's a small flaw :wink:
He says "'Tis but a scratch!"
nice signature anyways :wink:

Maybe, except I can run Oblivion, Fallout 3, the Witcher, M&B and Mass Effect without problems. :smile:

I can also run Oblivion, FO3 and the Witcher on my PC. It was a teency bit stuttery to begin with, but not that much of a problem, so I reckon something's screwing up on your end.

Eh, it's nothing fancy. It doesn't flow very well, or feel particularly good: I haven't even discovered how to switch between weapons, so starting off goblins with a bow and having to go to the inventory screen to grab my sword is rather tedious, the map is pretty useless. On the plus side, I like the storyline, and there seems to be a few non-clichéd things about it. The setting aside from that is your typical high fantasy with spiked armor, and the dialogue is bordering on Two Worlds at times, what with strange backwater English or Welsh accents delivered rather badly most of the time, but at least not in Ye Olde Englishe, so I can't complain.

MISHO said:
Well... maybe it's your PC specs.
Didn't really try it but just a thought :grin:
BTW, in your sig I noticed one of my favorite quotes :grin:
And also noticed there's a small flaw :wink:
He says "'Tis but a scratch!"
nice signature anyways :wink:

That's actually how it is supposed to read, it is an old fashioned way of speaking but it is correct. Using the 'but' there is like saying 'it is only a scratch'. Another typical sentence might be 'it is but five miles to London, let's keep going' or something like that.

EDIT: Hang on, I might have misunderstood what you were meaning MISHO, is the sig a misquote of the Monty Python scene?

Next game:
Isometric
Turn based
World Creator
Co-op
Heavy world interaction like in the original (I love that one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghsiPPJN3rE&feature=g-u-u

Dark Souls. I have a friend and she wants to borrow Dark Souls from me for this game in return.

And I don't really care about Dark Souls anymore since I'm on NG+++++ now, I'm kinda done with it for now to be fair. I don't really mind how much worse this game is than Dark Souls.

I played this breifly in the past when I had a ****ty computer, the lag was intolerable after a while so I never really got far into it, but the bits I did play were quite fun.

Back
Top Bottom