TLD preview

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mudkip737 said:
they will prolly keep gondor armours cause they were really good and just make them look a bit better
The armors are not bad, but there are only hauberks, no heavy armors like knights have, or I should better say like those gondor warriors in the movie. I understand that modders don't really want to copy the movie, but I would be happy to see those heavy armors in new version of TLD.

The Gondor armors aren't the same, I believe they've all been updated.

And, no, we're not using any tin men (or scarecrows, for that matter) in TLD.

There's no plate armour in TLD since there's very good evidence for the absence of plate armour in the books. The best armour anyone can have is mail, for instance. But there's nothing against modders replicating the Gondorian plate in The Last Alliance or other movie-based mods.

Gugenot said:
Mudkip737 said:
they will prolly keep gondor armours cause they were really good and just make them look a bit better
The armors are not bad, but there are only hauberks, no heavy armors like knights have, or I should better say like those gondor warriors in the movie. I understand that modders don't really want to copy the movie, but I would be happy to see those heavy armors in new version of TLD.

Book mod, not movie mod. No plate armour in books.

octoburn said:
The Gondor armors aren't the same, I believe they've all been updated.

And, no, we're not using any tin men (or scarecrows, for that matter) in TLD.

but i do believe you could put tabard on top right?? for a few of the armour not all and i suggest give some orcs armour that is just on thier shoulder like a single shoulderpad id love to where that if i were orc and try to make the orcs health larger cause they have thicker skin and dont care about pain as much as humans :neutral: :?: :?:

There will be no breastplates, period. Deal with it. People have b!tched about this since the mod began, and I'm sure Ancientwanker isn't going to fold after, what, four years?

Vambraces, pauldrons, greaves, yes. Breastplates, no. Sorry.

octoburn said:
There will be no breastplates, period. Deal with it. People have b!tched about this since the mod began, and I'm sure Ancientwanker isn't going to fold after, what, four years?

Vambraces, pauldrons, greaves, yes. Breastplates, no. Sorry.

not breastplates tabards and for orc a single shoulder pad on the right or left side

We have plenty of new tabards already, and also light armor for the orcs as you can see in the preview.

Would you mind delaying the new updated release of The Last Days till 2012, so that some people might download mine?  :grin:  :oops:

What's the projected release date on this?  I don't ask out of idle curiosity or rabid fanboyism (thouth TLD is unquestionably amazing).  It's just that if I don't beat your release by several weeks, I might as well stick my own mod up me arse and sit on it, because no one will be playing anything else but TLD again.

Ah, those were happy days, though, eh?    Looking forward to this, with both anticipation and furious envy.

I'm hot for mystery  :razz:. The release will come when it comes, Awww yeah.

Merlkir said:
There is no release date. It comes out when it comes out.

Fair enough.  I am desperate to play it, because I know it will be excellent...  but I have a respectful fear of it too.  TLD is the Daddy.  This is what TLD does to all other Mod projects and their creators, however passionate they may be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on7OiRQPo-Q

it's not like we don't care (well..we don't. but it's not the point :wink:) or that we don't want to tell you. We simply have no idea.

Merlkir said:
it's not like we don't care (well..we don't. but it's not the point :wink:) or that we don't want to tell you. We simply have no idea.

And you keep having no idea! I think you have earned that right good sires! I can wait as long as need be.

*40 years later in the bleak mutant riddled future TLD is released and the Lt. is at peace.*

Wake up, Sheeple!  Hasn't Merklir just said it, right out in the open?!  They don't care about you!!  The Last Days is just another branch of the Global Tolkien Regime, as outlined by Grima Wormtongue in his "Treatise on The Making Of Spectacular Modules Through the Scourging Of Calradia."

Rise up, Halflings, Elves, and Sons Of Gondor!  Revolt!  If you tolerate this, you're children will be well-textured!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom