[Werewolf: Archives] The Joker, The Jack and The Brotherhood. Innocents Win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Oubliette said:
Hidrogeno: I'd like to hear why Villy think Hidro is innocent, because, from my perspective, she's continually abused WIFOM, makes cheap attempts to undermine people's arguments, and has used way too much crap-logic™ for my liking. She didn't seem to care who got lynched on Day 1, like she didn't seem suspicious of either Moss or myself, but agreed with Bulle that either of us was probably a wolf (which really is bull****), ignored three people who suggested my behaviour looked more like my innocent self than wolfy self (despite going on about judging people from the context of how they usually play), and made a blatant push for the lynch when I put up a defence. I wouldn't be surprised if she knew Swadius was a wolf based on her "Looking back on it, Swadius was suspicious the whole time".
Assuming all the villains are in the same pack (and thus at least know each other's identities)
Vilhjalmr: Getting Swadius lynched has pretty much cleared him in my eyes.

If I remember correctly, Hidro was going after Swadius before Villy. While I agree with your suspicions on her, if you say Villy's been cleared, (as you're assuming the villains know each other, which is a rather large assumption) Hidro should be cleared too, shouldn't she?

Vilhjalmr said:
Alex_Augmented said:
How does villy finding a wolf clear him? Could be a vampire, or the jack.

I agree.

Please don't kill me, remaining wolf. D: Swadius was an accident, I swear.

An accident eh?  :neutral:
Mayhaps you be the Joker, in which case you were hoping Swadius was an innocent so that villains would find you useful and innocents would be a little suspicious of you, adding the random votes to start with and it would have stirred it all up nicely.

I think the villains know each other because:
1) There's no mention of what happens if villains target the same victim during the night in the rules.
2) The villains win together (thus, sounds like they are one pack).
3) I don't think there are enough villains for crossfire between villains to work.

Orj said:
If I remember correctly, Hidro was going after Swadius before Villy. While I agree with your suspicions on her, if you say Villy's been cleared, (as you're assuming the villains know each other, which is a rather large assumption) Hidro should be cleared too, shouldn't she?
I was just going off the bandwagon, where Villy votes Swadius first, then Bulle follows suit, followed by Hidro with her "Looking back.." post. I can't see where Hidro was pursuing Swadius before Villy. I think there's a larger chance of Villy being innocent because he lead the bandwagon, especially after Swadius gives himself away (which Hidro was largely absent for, except for a post approving Villy's lead, so it doesn't give us enough to consider clearing her - when she voted, for instance, she didn't know Swadius would get lynched). There is always the possibility that Villy pushed a lynch against a packmate to clear himself, but him being innocent is more plausible for the time being at least. Now that you've raised it though, it does also seem implausible for Hidro to have jumped on being a villain, without Swadius reacting to it (which their interaction doesn't show). If anyone is going to have hopped on as a villain I'm guessing it will be one of the later bandwagoners, realising Swadius couldn't be saved.

Base logic: Villy is a retard, but he would not risk such an exclamation for fear of being damned like Agent was. It's obviously a joke.

So, any other reasons for voting Villy?

Oubsy: Yeah, I read it again, you're right. Villy posted a suspicion, and Hidro jumped on. Hmmm.

And now, I'm going to try Agent Griff's tried and (maybe not quite so) true WWaWD?tm (What Would a Wolf Do?tm) method. Please don't lynch me.

If I was a wolf, I would've given Swadius up for dead very quickly. Looking at his posts, he does not look like he would be much use as a packmate.

I'd have no trouble going after him, but I'd probably avoid jumping on the bandwagon at a late point. I'd think experienced villains would be reluctant to jump on at a later point, as they'd be afraid of coming across as suspicious. I'd jump on as soon as a good enough reason presented itself to me. As "Wow, he's barely contributed at all, he's lurking almost as quietly as a dust bunny, and he doesn't have more than a couple serious posts; he can't possibly be an innocent" isn't in itself a bad reason, I'd probably be one of the first to vote for him.

I wouldn't lead the crusade against my packmate, no matter how useless he might be, as that would completely screw me over in future games. I wouldn't want to avoid voting him, as that could be seen as suspicious, if he was successfully lynched. I wouldn't want to leave voting him off 'til the last moment, as that could be seen as suspicious too. I'd want to vote him fairly early on, as that would be one of the least suspicious actions I could take.

Hmmmmm. This is what I would do as a wolf, in that situation. Don't know how useful this is, as different people play wolves differently.

I'd say that that's the bog-standard way to play the wolf. As it has been mentioned, Hidro fits this pattern pretty well. I'm not convinced about her yet - she seems too engaged in her discussions to be a wolf - in my experience, wolves lose a little touch, and try not to get engaged. Has anyone else seen this?

Alex_Augmented said:
Hershey said:
My class? I don't think it'd be to my advantage if I revealed. Let's just say it doesn't affect any of you.

I beg to differ; you have an important class.

I said that for two reasons.

ONE I SAW GRIFF'S FATE

TWO BECAUSE IF IT WAS SO IMPORTANT TO THE GROUP, I DON'T WANT TO GET KILLED FOR IT.

I personally believe it's not really a concern for any of you. That's all.

Oh, and Vote:Alex

You were trying to swing **** against me, and claim knowledge. Knowledge =/= suspicions. And you sir, are too suspicious.

Yay, computer is back!

Orj said:
Oubsy: Yeah, I read it again, you're right. Villy posted a suspicion, and Hidro jumped on. Hmmm.
If you look farther back, I explain that he is probably a good target, and recommend him as a good candidate for a vote. When I looked back at my previous thoughts, I felt vindicated in my bandwagoning.

Eh, Oub, you're really stretching it. It sounds like you're just trying to echo your past sentiments, hoping that it will ring true if you say it enough. Please quote my posts if there's something wrong with them as soon as you see them them, not well after the fact. Even now, a few choice quotes might not amount to the wall-of-text quote war that turns other players off. I know that I'm not doing just that, but I'm not really trying to shed suspicion on you.

Alex, it is (almost) always bad to post who or what is supposed to be useful. Chances are they are innocent and you are giving them away as a good target for the wolves. Unless you have other damning evidence, or it is nearing the last day, it's good to keep quiet or facilitate your suspicion through condemning their other behaviors. However, bringing this sort of thing to light is not particularly good for villains either, so I'm going to need a bit more to cast a vote against him.

Right now it feels like there's not enough evidence against anyone, but I know that we are past 100 pages and that I should be looking through old posts. If I get the time this weekend, I'll try.

Addendum: I mean to say that it's better to quote my posts sooner rather than later, and that neither are happening.

Hey guys, sorry, I've been bogged down with Uni work and family issues the last two days. I've got swimming practise in a couple of minutes and I probably won't be able to get on later tonight, so here's a very rushed LoS.

Agent Griff: Oubilette's points as well as my earlier one about his trying to start a bandwagon against me at the start of day two make me more than a little suspicious of Griff. His bandwagoning has seemed to have slipped under the radar.

AWdeV: Seems a little aggressive, but doesn't stand out all that much. Based on Gcculk's behaviour may be the joker. Or based on Gcculk's insanity, may not.

Bulle: Doesn't post much, whether that's because she's lurking or just not very active I can't really tell. The fact that when she does posts it seems to be towards a vote is a little suspicious.

Hershey: Seems innocent to me, oddly aggressive at points, but hasn't really done anything that stands out as suspicious.

Hidrogeno: An active and thoughtful contributor, even if I don't always agree with her arguments. Not overly suspicious, but a little odd at points.

Moss: Damn he's sexy. Oh, and innocent.

Alex: Nothing suspect that's really stood out to me yet.

FrisianDude: Active and enthusiastic, seems innocent to me.

Kris: Nothing overly suspicious, but his posting style is suspiciously like Swadius, erratic and not serious.

Orj: Active and observant. Nothing particularly suspicious stands out and Gculk's attacks against him in the first day make him seem more innocent to me.

Oubilette: Active, observant and analytical. His behaviour doesn't strike me as wolfish.

Seff: A little inactive, but nothing overly suspicious.

Vasara: Occasionally oddly aggressive and usually not too active. A little suspicious, but not overwhelmingly so.

Vilhjalmr: If the vampire isn't a recruiter to match the recently departed Ativan, then I'm pretty sure he's innocent. Otherwise he'd be a prime target for turning.

Or for the TL;DR,

Innocent:
Villy
Oubilette
Me
Orj
Seff

Wolfish:
Bulle
Griff
Kris

Unsure:
Hidro
Alex
Vasara
Hershey
Awdev

I'll try to find the time to post again sometime tomorrow morning, but it'll probably be night.

First I am called too conservative with my votes and this is construed as something quite suspicious and now, now that I actually say whom I suspect most and actually vote said person at the end of my post instead of saying that I will choose whether to vote later or not based on further deliberation, I am accused of bandwagoning. I say, how like I that?

I will post a LoS of my own later but for now, I am slightly joyful for the fact that Oubliette has wizened up and noticed the fact that by continually monitoring my actions in hopes of finding a wolf or villain, he might be overlooking other possible candidates for the noose.

I am also glad that some of my previous methods are being put to use by other players.

Something that has recently caught my attention was Hershey's last statement, of having seen my fate or thereabouts. That can be a very dangerous thing to say, you know. Sounds suspiciously close to what an Oracle or Seer would say. That, to me, seems like either a villain who tries to hide his true face by appearing useful to the village or an important innocent offering himself to the villains. Sure enough if he is not a villain then the true villains will undoubtedly know of his identity and seek him out at night. So you have painted one hell of a bull's eye on your back, Hersen.

So, to any Herbalist listening, don't protect Hershey. The werewolf can see this post and he would undoubtedly use the fact that the Herbalist is likelier to defend one person than another to his advantage, attacking a random innocent who has lower chances of being defended. Protect someone else, as per your own suspicions and thoughts of innocence.

Oh, and also, I find the fact that people are finding Villy to be innocent without a doubt as slightly dangerous in some circumstances. If the villains do not know of each other, Villy might just be the Vampire or the Jack. Lynching him, however, would be a waste since thus far he has proven his talent at flushing out wolves. And there is one more wolf left so it would be in his interest even if he was a villain to flush out that last wolf and thus give himself a wider array of targets. Though it would also endanger him since then the village would have only two villains to focus on. Time will tell but thus far his actions seem to be those of an innocent.

Oubliette said:
FrisianDude: Posts regularly, even if his contribution is a little basic. I haven't got many bad vibes from him, despite the odd bit of crap-logic™.

Ofcourse, I suppose I may have said some odd things, but I think my logic has been sound at times.  :???:

Bulle said:
Oh, come on. Hidrogeno is like 90% innocent at least.
Or, you know, pretending to be 90% innocent?

Back
Top Bottom