Updated Module System Tutorial Mar 29 2009 - see first thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry but I have Windows 7...
But in the tut is all about Windows XP or Windows Vista...
Do I have to follow the instructions for Windows XP?

rambo said:

im not completely sure about this m8 but windows 7 is supposed to be a better version of vista so i would recommend sticking with that path :smile:

i dunno m8 i've just heard mainly its based on vista and upgraded had a look at features on official site aswell, even the makers say its a simple upgrade from vista but if your xp going to win7 its more difficult may encounter bugs etc. Im not sure but i think its based on vista

I think it says that you can use it in vista as you can use it in xp, you will find that in seting phyton path and stuff...

I cant find al the thingeys...
Like autoexec.bat...
It is in C:\ and not C:\Python26?
If you have a Windows XP or a Windows Vista system, this operation is slightly different: Right-click on My Computer (Computer in the start menu
for Vista users) select 'Properties', click on the 'Advanced' tab and then click on 'Enviroment Variables':
In W7 I can't find advanced in My Computer?

Hi jik and all.

Sorry to bother you and sorry for my english

i have europe 1200 mod and i'm trying to extend battlefield size because i like strategy and tactic and with the actual size , enemy chivalry reaches my soldiers too soon ... before you can do a good formation and wait some times that the battle starts... batllefield size is too small.

I red some thread and now your manual but i'm not able to solve this problem.

i entered in edit mode, press button "terrain" , change x and y to max level ... copy the line 0x00003.....etc. and replaced in scenes.txt or module_scenes.py of the mod ...
can you help me with a clear procedure to reach max size ???

thanksss 

it wont work for me at the part where i click build module after i remove the conversations dialogue it just says Error access denied for everything  i have windows vista if that helps you solve the problem

rambo said:
about that, ifyou're having too much trouble, somewhere on the Microsoft site is a download where you can run XP within 7, mind you this is not EMULATING xp, it's actually booting up XP and making it a windowed OS within 7, so if it would run on XP it would run on this. dunno how much of your computer's resources it takes up, havent had much chance to test it's limits.

rambo said:
I cant find al the thingeys...
Like autoexec.bat...
It is in C:\ and not C:\Python26?
If you have a Windows XP or a Windows Vista system, this operation is slightly different: Right-click on My Computer (Computer in the start menu
for Vista users) select 'Properties', click on the 'Advanced' tab and then click on 'Enviroment Variables':
In W7 I can't find advanced in My Computer?
same problem :/ have w7 too, do anyone know if it is a tutorial for w7?

EDIT: I found it, but I don't know if I ****ed up my system, if that is possible

When trying to add the mod menu, I get a syntax error on the last " in this line

("camp_mod_2",[]"Raise player's attributes and skills.",

I've been messing around with it trying to fix it for awhile to no avail.

Does anyone know why?

Nevermind, missing ,

But now, for some reason, and only after that last segment is working and not commented out like I had it before

(display_message, "@Party spawned nearby."),

is not callable, I'm not really sure what this means...

Thanks so much, this tutorial is such a great help! I've enjoyed so many mods, I thought I'd try to have some with it, and you've definitely made a somewhat daunting task actually very entertaining! Thanks!

jik.. can you check the links..
the first one .. file is not found..
and second one.. in my country i cant access that website.. another foolish blockade of my government..

Back
Top Bottom