heraldry expansion for native

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amman d Stazia

Master Knight
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,109.0.html

Native expansion mod (Santashelper) has introduced customised heraldry, which work was entirely seperate from ours.  Since this was only ever a native add-on, we'll leave the stage to Santashelper from now....

please post bug reports, suggestions, OFFERS OF CONTRIBUTION, etc in this thread until a mod child baord is created where we can get lots of seperate threads.
No spam.
This thread will be locked if spam occurs.

In all honesty, I was just about to test my own changes and my internet is being a bit slow. I'd like more information before downloading, please.

That said, the title DOES sound promising. :???:

Edit: Okay, I'm downloading, https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=1091 seems to be a better link though.

EDIT2:  Alright, I've given it a whirl, I'll try to provide a bit of a report. I started with new game -> father was impoverished Noble, and I got a screen which looked a bit confusing but was actually quite easy to use. I made a simple banner with two charges;

Then after a bit of looking I found the "accept" button. After clicking the "accept" button I went to the face creation screen, made a face, accepted it, went into game just fine, but I got no banner.

Ofcourse, that was a bit dissapointing and I hope it'll be fixable. Luckily however, it seems the whole banner selection screen only shows up when starting a new "son of a nobleman" character, it doesn't show up with other professions (Though I haven't tried them all) and it doesn't show up with the Custom battles, so that's fine.

I'm now gathering a small army to gain enough reknown to become a vassal with banner, so I can see if it's possible to get it then.

I hope it is possible, because it's a quite good editor! :grin:

EDIT3: I took Maras Castle from the 'doks and I got asked again about a banner, I got the same banner creation screen, simply clicked accept, but I got no banner. I forgot, does it normally take time after selecting a banner that way before you actually get it?

Very strange.  I found that the banner didn't show on stuff in my inventory, but DID show on my mapicon flag, and when I was in battle.  At the banner selection screen, did you have afull range of coulours, or were you limited to black and white?

Amman de Stazia said:
Very strange.  I found that the banner didn't show on stuff in my inventory, but DID show on my mapicon flag, and when I was in battle.  At the banner selection screen, did you have afull range of coulours, or were you limited to black and white?

Full Range, I simply kept it black and white because of the pretty. :wink:

Dain Ironfoot said:
Start off as a noble's son to test straight away.

That's what I did.

um.  No ideas, really.  All the DDS files and the resources ae pure native...  I re-installed 1003 and the 1011 upgrade from scratch just to make sure.

Anyone else?

Amman de Stazia said:

Odd.. do you have screenies?

I DLed, installed as a completely new module, started, picked the top option in every selection screen (son of noble, squire, etc.), made the banner, and bam.

Pics, for those more interested in how it works:

First screen:
2psrf2e.jpg

Change the color of the background:
15qqnba.jpg

Done. About to change the pattern:
52cshd.jpg

Changing the pattern:
4qrimx.jpg

Adding charges:
znobh2.jpg

Woot!:
5ofv5k.jpg

Changing the position of the charges:
xlxhyb.jpg

Also, you can change the banner shape. Strangely, the tall banner doesn't show charges, just colors. A bug, perhaps, or maybe a missed ####?

And finally, I went British:
swa4d1.jpg

And yes, it does work:
212th1w.jpg

James said:
I DLed, installed as a completely new module, started, picked the top option in every selection screen (son of noble, squire, etc.), made the banner, and bam.

I did the same thing, but not with the same results.  :???:
Did you get your shield in the right colours aswell?

The banner creation works without problems, however, my banner doesn't show in battles(on shields, for example). It's visible on the world map, though... Strange.

Right so, four people tested and threed different results?

Amman and James- Banner on map, banner in battle, but not on equipement
Soil - banner on map, no banner in battle and none on equipement
Me- I got nothing; no banner on map, none in battle and none on equipement. How very odd. :???:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom