What to do with Guantanamo Bay?

Users who are viewing this thread

maw said:
How silly. Goes back to that Stones song - Every Cop a Criminal, Every Sinner a Saint. This is pretty much a liberal, anti-US position when it comes to Gitmo, detainees, and handling captured violent unlawful combatants. Luckily, it's more like the whine of an annoying mosquito, and not really being taken seriously.

“Should any American soldier be so base and infamous as to injure any [prisoner]. . . I do most earnestly enjoin you to bring him to such severe and exemplary punishment as the enormity of the crime may require. Should it extend to death itself, it will not be disproportional to its guilt at such a time and in such a cause… for by such conduct they bring shame, disgrace and ruin to themselves and their country.” - George Washington, charge to the Northern Expeditionary Force, Sept. 14, 1775

Wow, George Washington...  What a whiny liberal *****.  How anti-US.  :roll:

Not if they are Unlawful Combatants. This is the most absurd thing that I have ever heard of, either you are a prisoner or you are not, making up goofy new words to describe the same thing is rotten and stupid. How about Rebellious Miscreants? I think that sounds better.

Sir Saladin said:
Rapscallions have no rights under the law because no one has used the word rapscallion since 1765. Let's start calling war prisoners rapscallions or dastardly villains. Then some sick freaks can break them on the wheel without those annoying laws or common sense getting in the way.
Don't **** with the rapscallions, sir!
humph.jpg

MG52-03.jpg

BE071609.jpg
Archonsod said:
Hmm. Maybe they can start rounding up people with "Nonconformist Epidermis" too :lol:
Or just go 18th century on them and define anyone who doesn't look like you as subhuman, and that makes torture a PETA issue, and no one takes those sluts seriously.  "What you want to convince me to stop eating this steak because if I don't you'll take all your clothes off?  Can I order this with a side of cheeseburger?"

It's great somone can quote George Washington... even if many more have no clue of the Geneva Conventions, or International law, when it comes to war and conflict.

If you knew that - you'd know that the term, and status, of 'unlawful combatants' wasn't made up... but that's typical.

Oh, well. maw

Back
Top Bottom