FoV / memory hack

Users who are viewing this thread

shole

Recruit
This mod is meant to allow players to change the game's field of view, and to make memory hacks with it.

here's a comparison of default and maximum FOV;
Untitled-1.jpg

I have provided three memory addresses to start with;
* 1st person FOV
* 3rd person FOV
* zoomed in FOV (same in both views)

to find more, you need some understanding of how memory works, and a bunch of patience, and a tool like artmoney or other memory editors.
when posting memory-mods using this, always recheck it.
some values change memory location between runs - i tried making an example by replacing the version string but it keeps jumping back and forth all the time, so a peek test of some sort would be required i guess.
naturally, all addresses have to be searched again for the next version of the game (unless we get really lucky)
i think best practice would be to use this thread for posting new edits you come up with

Changes from previous version;
*added game-version auto detection
*made configuration easier
*added 'peek' functionality so you can read memory through poke.exe aswell (required for version detection anyway)
*added 'window class' selection criteria, making same-named window trouble disappear.. you can use your original desktop link now by just changing it's target

Direct download link: v0.2.100217
mbrepository link

Installation:
Copy the contents of the zip file to your M&B installation folder (it won't overwrite anything)
Open Launch M&B.bat in notepad.
Change the field of view values to your liking and save the file
Then launch the game through the .bat file, or modify your desktop shortcut to point to it instead of mount&blade.exe

it is possible that some antivirus programs might get spooked by this as it is modifying the memory of another application on the fly, but it is perfectly harmless
it also does not modify any file
to uninstall simply delete the two files (poke.exe and launch m&b.bat)

NOTE:
It appears the latest versions of the game employ memory encryption of some sort..
I haven't looked into it too deeply yet but it appears that the values are no longer in memory as-is, and can't be located as easily.
Currently the .bat contains profiles only for 1.010 and the OLD 1.011 versions.
The new 1.011 and updated steam versions do NOT work.
If you have a newer version, you will have to get an older version.
Here are some working links to the older 1.011 version;
http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/73009/mount-blade-demo-1-011
http://www.2shared.com/file/4208803/c0c192d2/mountandblade_1011_setup.html
http://games.softpedia.com/get/Games-Demo/Mount-Blade.shtml

downloading an even earlier version of the game and updating it to 1.011 should work aswell.

While i understand doing this in warband for multiplayer security, there's no reason to mess up the fun on older versions for the rest of us.
I really wished this would have been a slider ingame for warband but apparently not.. i hope i figure out a way for it later.

Old version: Poke v0.1.090123

beginning of second training level
i have the 2.5 hires texture mod thingamabob installed
nothing else that should be visible

This is a great game for first person, but the limited FOV always keeps me out except for a few circumstances, thanks for doing this.

Ok, so what you did was just make the area you can view more "widescreen".

Took me a while, for a bit I though you were trying to aim bot M&B  :shock:

updated

this thread could probably be moved over to 'completed'? there's not really much more to do and is not a 'mod' per se

Do you mean, "What does this mod do?"

What did I tell you about the multiple punctuations?

It increases the field of view in now not only first person, but third person and zoom.  If you had read the first post you would have caught at the very least that.

it increases your field of view, allowing you to see more of the game ingame
look at the comparison screenshot here;
Untitled-1.jpg
the top one is how the game is without the mod
bottom one is with it with field of view set at 128 degrees
what of this is unclear?

shole said:
it increases your field of view, allowing you to see more of the game ingame
look at the comparison screenshot here;
Untitled-1.jpg
the top one is how the game is without the mod
bottom one is with it with field of view set at 128 degrees
what of this is unclear?

Ignore 'em, they're daft.

This is an excelent piece of work, no idea how you worked it out, but well done!

Have to concur...excellent job! Now I feel like I can see normal, don't know how I made it before.

Vil... It's so simple that it might confuse some :wink:  I just dropped both files in the main m&b directory and then double click the bat thingy.

MorgTzu said:
Have to concur...excellent job! Now I feel like I can see normal, don't know how I made it before.

Vil... It's so simple that it might confuse some :wink:  I just dropped both files in the main m&b directory and then double click the bat thingy.
Why would I want a bat on my computer? I'm quite satisfied with having an ordinary mouse, thank you very much. I mean, it may be trendy and all to put wings on it but I'm quite sure they'd get in the way a lot. :roll:

:razz:

Back
Top Bottom