• Samurai

Votes: 187 40.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jldmon

On probation
well i have a ALOT of spare time so i was curious, could a viking take down a samurai?
because vikings are tanks but samurai are all swordy chop chop your dead sort of thing you know?

::EDIT:: http://www.vikingkittens.com/

thats why vikings win

::EDIT:: i added a poll for everyone who is interested.

A viking could not take down any Asian warrior, except perhaps a Chinese dao bing.  Mongols would own any viking ass, so would a Samurai, any hardened Chinese warrior, or anybody else.  Hell, I could beat a fat ass viking's ass if I wanted too.

Facepalm.jpg

Yay, first Pirates vs. Ninjas, now Samurais vs. Vikings ... What next ? Anyway, I'm sure people, like in the other thread, will say that: Vikings were expert raiders and that after a life of pillaging and mowing down innocent pregnant women and raping the men, they became tanks and hugely adept warriors capable of taking down a "samufag" any day. I say no, Samurais have better equipment, and while I don't know the katana's efficiency against mail, it would easily cut through the rest of the armour IMO. More training, if the samurai is experienced, even better ...

Damn. Depends who is the better fighter. Pali Gap is, ofcourse, wrong, a skilled viking can with the right skills and luck, take down an equally skilled Asian warrior and vice versa. It's impossible to detemine unless you actually pit one of each against one of the other and even then, the results aren't representative because one viking isn't every viking and one samurai isn't every samurai. In conclusion, shut up.

Excellent thread! You should have made it a poll though.
I think vikings, those horned helmets would prove to be the critical advantage.

So, a seasoned warrior who has travelled half the known world, clad in actual chain armor, and with weapons made of quality metal, unlike that sand crap Japan used that need forging methods that make it brittle, versus a guy typically clad in a bathrobe or some crappy colorful armor, with some taoist coward principles and a serious complex about China? On a more serious note, funny how people see vikings as fat, drunk morons. Vikings had plenty of martial arts and general training/techniques, although pretty much none of it is known today (no information about fighting from North Europe before Talhoffer much later is known today, and we just have an vague idea that vikings practiced atleast a martial arts called "stav.")

With stav being the general Viking word (in all Viking-lanuages) for kicking ass?

Edit: Stav having survived orally for 44 generations seems a bit, just a bit, unlikely to be honest. Too bad those guys didn't write everything down.

Skeletor said:

Haha !  :lol:

And yeah, you just can't decide the outcome of a battle between two people. Logically, we can determine a certain course of action that both would take, and all that crap. But in the end, frankly, who cares ?! Viking = bearded guys with axes shouting out cool-sounding gods' names and kicking and raping ass. Samurais = Good warriors, far too rule-bound, but with some interesting armour, oh, and swords that cut trees in half (it's proven ! :wink:). Who cares, both are cool.

Selothi said:
Skeletor said:

Haha !  :lol:

And yeah, you just can't decide the outcome of a battle between two people. Logically, we can determine a certain course of action that both would take, and all that crap. But in the end, frankly, who cares ?! Viking = bearded guys with axes shouting out cool-sounding gods' names and kicking and raping ass. Samurais = Good warriors, far too rule-bound, but with some interesting armour, oh, and swords that cut trees in half (it's proven ! :wink:). Who cares, both are cool.

Even real nihonto/shinken valued from 30.000$-invaluable don't cut trees effectively, or atleast without considerable risk of damage. Even with modern steel, the kind that is far tougher than traditional japanese steel and made with different methods , don't cut trees without risk of damage. All real swords, a massive zweihander or a small katana are made with cutting flesh in mind, not trees. Hell, even axes made for battle are too thin and brittle to cut trees properly, theres a reason wood cutting axes are far thicker.

I winked ... Did you really expect me to think that katanas could cut trees ? Of course they can't ! Oh, irony, that fickle wisp of a hint that so few can properly perceive ...  :roll:

Selothi said:
I winked ... Did you really expect me to think that katanas could cut trees ? Of course they can't ! Oh, irony, that fickle wisp of a hint that so few can properly perceive ...  :roll:

Well, some people believe that katanas can cut up tanks, and I didn't notice the wink, and I was intending to write "if you seriously believe..." or something similar. My mistake sorry, I guess I shouldn't doubt the forum, but looking at topics like this :/.

No probs man, and besides, the fact we're posting in this stupid topic shows how hypocritical we all are.

Both are very good fighters. I like both about the same, but I think a Sanurai would win. But if the Viking every got a grip on the samurai he would crush his bones to dust.

FrisianDude said:
Damn. Depends who is the better fighter. Pali Gap is, ofcourse, wrong, a skilled viking can with the right skills and luck, take down an equally skilled Asian warrior and vice versa. It's impossible to detemine unless you actually pit one of each against one of the other and even then, the results aren't representative because one viking isn't every viking and one samurai isn't every samurai. In conclusion, shut up.

Yes luck is the key word here :smile:

In battle it isn't like in a game where this guy has this power, and this guy has this power..

just a lucky "first blood" can already determine the winner. =

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom