TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

mor2 said:
btw Sarranid Empire was renamed to Sarranshahr Empire?

No it's just Sarranshahr without the "Empire" part. "Sarranshahr" means "the realm/dominions of Sarran" in persian.
Nikephoros wished to avoid using the word "empire" again, cuz we had enough empires
named " .. empire" already. So he asked me to come up with something and I searched for a suitable name that would mean the same thing.

they're persians this time. And no matter where you are, if you are under an empire and proud of it, you can't help but utter some form of that phrase.

Can it be Sarran Shahr or Sarranid Shahr instead? It looks more like the name of a kingdom instead of just one word.

Different language, different conventions, I suppose...although that might either mean that we just have to live with how its different, or that there's no right way at all and we can do whatever.

Not that we wouldn't to whatever anyways.

Venitius said:
There's one, why need another?
the compilation is list of static works, while the wiki is dynamic and allows a much better presentation, its also a nice entry level summery with references to the compilation.

Bunduqdari said:
No it's just Sarranshahr without the "Empire" part. "Sarranshahr" means "the realm/dominions of Sarran" in persian.
Nikephoros wished to avoid using the word "empire" again, cuz we had enough empires
named " .. empire" already. So he asked me to come up with something and I searched for a suitable name that would mean the same thing.
NP.

Shrugging Khan said:
Huh, true dat! Persian it was. **** me if I ever even looked at that language...  :oops:
you better be ashamed, solicitation for sex is tavern bushiness  :wink:

FuryFire said:
So is it grammatically correct that "for the shahr" is synonymous to "for the empire?"
I'm not a persian myself, but I don't think that would be correct. But you can have the soldiers shout "FOR SARRAAAAN!!!"
,because Sarran is still the name of their homeland.

Shrugging Khan said:
I'm not sure if Arabian works that way...  :shock:

Do you realize that the language of the Arabians is called Arabic, and not Arabian? 
It's a joy always to point out to you your faults and shortcomings, Shrugger. You're welcome!  :mrgreen:

Toffey said:
Can it be Sarran Shahr or Sarranid Shahr instead? It looks more like the name of a kingdom instead of just one word.

Sarranid Shahr sounds like double-saying "of sarran". I dunno about just leaving a space in between, though. I've seen it everywhere as a single word.

mor2 said:
Venitius said:
There's one, why need another?
the compilation is list of static works, while the wiki is dynamic and allows a much better presentation, its also a nice entry level summery with references to the compilation.

Then leave it as a summary.

Right this is just a short piece about the Tsar... since I'm bored and all.

Meeting the Tsar

Maksim was sweating, despite the vicious Vaegir weather, it had snowed early again this year, but he wasn't ill, he was terrified for his life. He stood by the mighty oak doors that hid the great throne room of the Tsar. He was in a habit of keeping his guests and message carriers waiting in the draughty corridor outside for a long time. Maksim looked down at his piece of parchment and read it again, fear still showing in his eyes, the Tsar would not like this....

He looked up at the guards, faceless, all of the royal guard wearing those silver masks, hiding their faces, marking them all as Vaegirs one and the same. It was at once awe inspiring and terrifying. Maksim shifted uncomfortably in their gaze, they were as still as statues. He turned away from the faceless men and studied the cracks in the wall, watching them shift in the flickering torchlight, anything to get his mind from the whole situation. He lost himself in thoughts for a few more minutes, thinking of his home and vaguely wondering if he'd ever see it again. Suddenly a deep voice barked "Maksim. The great Tsar demands your presence now."

he turned around and dry swallowed, watching as one of the guards opened the door and he slowly walked within, clutching the piece of parchment tight in his hands as he entered, seeing the Tsar sitting on his throne taking a large bite out of an apple. Maksim quickly averted his eyes and sunk to his knees feeling the Tsar's gaze burning into him. The room was silent for a few long painful moments before Tsar Feodor Grozny finally spoke, his voice was wonderful and terrible all at the same time, it sent shivers down a mans spine. "I hear you bring me news." he took another chunk out of the apple "I hope it's good. for your sake." Maksim trembled more at the words, he considered lying, telling the Tsar what he wanted to hear, but no...his lord would see through that, nobody could trick Feodor the great, nobody.

He nodded slightly, not trusting himself to speak, keeping his eyes firmly on the Feodor's feet he held out the now slightly crumpled parchment, giving it to the Tsar, his hands shaking violently. Feodor tore the parchment from him and looked it over quickly, tutting slightly and looking down at the quivering form before him. "It seems your master has been rather careless with his men does it not?" Maksim whimpered "60 strelets dead, 30 cossacks, 80 footmen, the list goes on....This loss pains me. More than I can say, brave Vaegirs have DIED because of his foolishness" the Tsar's voice rising in anger with every word "And the worm! He doesn't come himself to own up, oh no, he sends YOU, some lowly servant!!!!!" the Tsar kicked out at a table, sending its contents flying "GUARDS!" he roared and two of the men who had been outside came running in weapons drawn "I want you to go to captain Stepan's house. I want you find him. His family. Have them tortured publicly and then hung over a wall or something I don't care, just make sure it hurts." He then turned back to the servant, looking at the terrified man a rather nasty grin appearing on his face "Now....what to do with you."

Comments? critism? I don't know if I made the Tsar too....angry/changeable, but yeah opinions would be appreciated.

That´s quite well-written tigershark. Nice flash of terror from Feodor. Perhaps you'd want to give the text a title.  :roll:

I'm going to double-post for my lore:

The Padishah's Effort for A Dream in Waiting

For driving off the Khergits, the help of the LT had been just a good coincidence, which gave them a longer rest from the wrath of the Khergits that was to follow in vengeance. If one tyrant kills another, you may have benefit from this, but this doesn't make you friends.

At this time, there are skirmishes and raids happening on the borders of Rumelia, which the Ormeli had wrested from Ellis long ago before the Khergits had ever come to their lands. The LT have had some attempts to come near Rumelia and test the strength of the Ormeli, coming with doom and destruction. But help came to Rumelia as always in the nick of time and once the enemy was driven away, the lords would push their advantage and do some raiding in the outer villages of Lerna's countryside, only to hit-and-run so as not to kindle their full wrath.

But indeed, there was ever a sorrow in the lands between Lerna and Rumelia. The grasses were ever-fed with the blood with one side or the other, while neither side got orders to make a major effort too deep into enemy lands.
So had time always passed, until the Padishah saw an opportunity for himself in the besieging of Vienna by the Brigade.

Close to Lerna the Aurora was firing, sending thunder across the land, but a great host of soldiers mustered for a great campaign, was at the same time marching to the walls of Lerna. Most of the Brigade's forces were up north, so this was a rare chance for Bayezid to deal a hard blow to his enemies who were ever-threatening his borders and by their wicked cult of the pope and their cruel god, making impossible his dream of capturing Ellis, the city of Emperors.

This city he coveted above most others, for it was said that the land was green, its air wholesome and its people fair and honest back in the days. The city had still structures of ancient craft and forgotten splendor. One who ruled Ellis could hold many folk of other nations in sway, it was said. The only way of restoring its old glory and claiming rightfully its ancient realm, was to rid it of the pope-lings that bewitched its people into madness. Or so Bayezid thought, to increase his lordship and influence in their relatively new home in Calradia. His House and his people were worthy of more lands and wealth. To be just and fair lords among men.

Also, Bayezid saw wisely that he needed an excuse to unite his ranks and renew the brotherhood among the Ormeli Gunduz, which was bruised by Khergit overlordship and their temptations to leave loyalty for coin. A common enemy in a heathen people would serve his purpose. Bleeding and dying together among their own kindred was the Ormeli way since they got to this land.

Above else, Ormeli were the sole messengers of the Religion of Truth in these parts and it was their duty to spread the faith to lands in which it was unheard of, or marred by the whisperings of the pope-lings. He was, after all, the Commander of the Faithful and he could command men to join ranks in order to fight for the cause of the Almighty, who needed not the service of men to do His will, but decreed that those who showed valor in His path, would be rewarded in this world or the next.
It was but a gift from Him, that the Padishah was able to do his divine task while also coming closer to that which his heart was close to in the realm of the living.

At length, the Padishah had prepared well and was ready to strike. So it was that he departed from Rumelia with a great army and would soon meet the might of the Brigade that was gathered in haste after most of their comrades were busy in the siege of Vienna. Now the Padishah stood a chance. Or so he thought. If only he was aware of the regiment of swift Ptian cavalry that had been sent for when the spies of the LT got news of the gathering of Bayezid's forces.
These Ptians would soon come from around the mountains and turn east to the battle plains where the two armies would meet. The Thunderbolt will have a sterner enemy than he sought for..

So... who is the Grand Duchy against? Like everyone has that one enemy that they fight to the death with, but I can't figure out who the Grand Duchy is locked in combat with.

Back
Top Bottom