TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

Another glimpse of the chaos inside Swadia!

To the Holy Swadian Ambassador to the Imperial State, Heinrich von Drosslewen

Greetings, friend! Do a classmate a favour, Heinrich. Vienna is going to fall soon and we need those Kaiserlicher guns with us. We need to get them with us as soon as possible, I can't stress this enough. The Emperor... is indisposed, the Generals are all confused and scared, the Brigadiers have penetrated to outer wall... I just fled from the city, and am now staying with my brother-in-law in Zollern. How's the wife, by the way? Anyway, I have an idea. See whether the Kaiser is interested in technology... he seems interested in the war wagons or perhaps more iron? The mountains near Ulm and Marienburg are full of iron, as you know, and we still have excess despite the conscription and militia orders. Please try and convince him. Thanks,

Prof. Gerhardt Schlessen, Ulm University.

Hehehe, I like to think of it as the Tizard Mission of EATRC... shame the Swadians don't have a Cavity Magnetron. (For Radar) Anyway, I'll do more of these, possibly some in the Obello theatre too. Perhaps even part of the Siege of Vienna if FuryFire doesn't cover the Murond Mercs there and von Fleussringen.

I've promised some lore for the Black Hand of Murond. For those who don't know they are the ones responsible for instigating the revolution of Murond. All the Murond Gunslingers you see as mercenaries in Calradia are all Black Hand Soldiers. Here are a series of letters sent between two officials of this organization.

Enforcer Horrigan,

Brother, what's this new's I have heard about our men fighting against each other. This is preposterous, we are stretched thin enough as it is, and now we'd have some infighting. Explain to me at once!
The circle has decided that it is time we start bringing another nation to freedom. Although they are still deciding which one it is, but rumor has it that it'll be somewhere in Bermian.
There seem to be some errors about the tribute that you have sent to us, please confirm if it is exactly 3520 denars, because it only amount to 3101.

Freedom  to the People,
Circle Man Cedrick

C,

Would you please stop using names, we don't know yet of the capability of counter-intelligence here. The news about our brothers fighting against each other is unfortunately true. But know that it is not intentional.  A section has employed themselves under a lord of the HSE you see. And another section has employed themselves under an Ormeli Warlord. Now these two lords in question are rivals and have found themselves in the battlefield face to face with our brothers in tow as bodyguards. It disheartens me to write this, but they have no choice but to fight each other. Reports sent to me estimate it to be a dozen brothers dead.
In the light of things, I have a package sent to you. It is something that the Imperial Swadians use in battle, please take care of it, the thing is rather fragile and is very difficult to acquire.
Odd, my ledgers here say I have sent you 3520 denars. Please recheck.

Freedom to the People,
H

H

Fine, I'll not use names. But you should not worry too much. We are not notorious to the world yet brother, even the scholars of other nations think of the revolution of Morund was caused by noblemen back-stabbing each other. Ignorant fools.
I have told you that splitting our brothers and spreading them all around would be trouble. And look what happens now, thirteen brothers dead fighting against each other.
I have received the package, it is indeed a marvel, I'm sending it to our best gun smiths to see if they could reproduce it.
In recent news, after constant bickering, now the circle is looking at Calradia, particularly the Haelmar Colonies. I swear I seem to be the only Circle Man left with some sense anymore. Anyway, Bermian is out of the question it seems, as the people are still brainwashed for oppression. So for now we could only spread the word there. But the Haelmar colonies is another thing. So here are your new orders, you are to investigate about the oppression of Haelmar and any clues as to how we could begin there. Anything from important political figures or events, send them to me.
The total you have sent me last month is still 3101 denars.
This month please check if it is 1570 denars, a little low don't you think?

Freedom to the People,
C

C,

I take full responsibility to the dead brothers. But spreading them out is the most efficient way to gather money. No one would hire us as company size. Our brothers are better of as bodyguards, that's why I've decided to split them into sections. We've already talked about this. The fiasco, is not something we want, but it is also unavoidable. But my systems stays.
Yes brother, I'm growing tired of our current leadership, I can't believe that the circle just accepted the terms by the Murond Nobles. It's still not Freedom for me.
Concerning of your new orders, I'm way ahead of you. I have already compiled some events of oppression about them. Yes, the Haelmar colonies is of interest. I'll send my full report to you along with this message. Also, there is one Haelmarian Lord that seeks to revolt against the Crown Prince, I have alerted all sections to keen a look out for him, He might be of use to us.
What?! I have sent you 2940 denars this month, that should not be. I think I know the problem, please forgive me, I shall rectify it at once, It will not happen again.

Freedom to the People,
H

Revolutionists ala French Revolution, inspired by the painting "Liberty Leading the People" by Eugene Delacroix. They strive to bring freedom to the people. While not the original envisioning by D'Sparil, I'd like to picture them as these guys, but mixed with shadiness.

I would have thought that the Lion Throne would be more important to those bastards... or are they short sighted?

Haelmarian Hagglings, a first in a series of letters about the nations that surround the Obello and their strange ideas, arguments, treaties and rubbish. This one is focused upon the Haelmarians and the Haelmar Union.

To his Most Cheesy Royal Highness, Crown Prince Iohann Eirik,

Hail! Our colonial attempts in the New World have been successful! Although the Natives there aren't particularly fond of cheese, we have an agreement with them. And we aren't liars like those Laurian scum. We have a few mines up, as well as a nice fishing industry. Soon, more gold will be filling your coffers due to trade. Our clippers should be able to outrun the Laurians, and they have sloops-of-war guarding them anyway. As for the Laurians, they still insist in using galleons to transport their gold. What fools.

Anyway, this means you can lower taxes in our new lands in Calradia. We have plenty of cash here rotting away after Her Royal Highness, your mother, decided not to go to war. Really quite stupid, in my opinion. Our army rotted away. We have enough in the Haelmar War Chest for at least two major campaigns next year, and many minor campaigns not counting any loot you take as well as your HEF War Chest.

By the way, der Kaiser sent a few of his tinkers over with blueprints for the repeating rifles and new repeating pistols. I believe they call them "revolvers". As good as our double-shot pistols are, such an implement would be incredibly useful despite the fact that the hammer requires to be cocked between each shot. In return, he wants 5 frigates and wants them filled with quality gunpowder.

Your most loyal servant,

Karl Fernstaag, Count of Fernstaag, Chancellor of Haelmar.

To the Chancellor of Haelmar, the Count of Fernstaag,

Greetings, my loyal servant! I have decided to lower taxes here a bit and allow the natives to retain more of their traditions. Send the gold over with some of the Grand Fleet. See if you can't get a counteroffer from the Kaiser, something that is more advantageous. Anyway, how is recruitment going? We need a few more regiments here, especially heavy cavalry. The Vaegirs are still quite strong, and my envoys to the Grand Duchy are lost somewhere near Zenislev. They'll get through sometime.

Nice to see you are holding the Laurian Galleons.  Perhaps the Kaiser would be interested? Even though his ships are slower, they could still outgun a Treasure Galleon, I'd bet. See if he wants some of the Gold. Try and get his mass firearm producing technology. We need more good, strong and reliable muskets, rifles and carbines here. Oh and increase cheese production. Keeps the morale up here.

Thanks for keeping Haelmar in check friend,

Crown Prince Iohann IV Eirik.

To Bjorn Chorsomson,

Hello. I need more cheese. Especially Berjägarethänen. Hurry up or I'll send some Jaegers to find it and you.

Kind regards,
Captain Gutenviem, Light Division.

*the paper is ragged, like it's been ripped at the sides several times and has been pinned to a table by a hand axe*
Erik "I'm a fool" Copparg,

WHERE THE HELL IS MY F****** CHEESE, FOOL? IMMA SEND SOME OF MY AXEMEN TO FIND YOU! WHERE IS MY BELOVED CHEEFSOBORG! ALL MY OTHER SUPPLIERS KEPT IT UP BUT NOT YOU, SCUM! I WANT IT NEXT WEEK, FRESH, OR ELSE

JARL FURGILFORSON

My friend, Colonel Hemmasborg of the 24th Regiment of Foot,

Greetings! I hope you have had a lovely day? Here is a large shipment of the best, freshest Caccitridestom we have ever made, sir! Please don't shove a bayonet up my... area! I heard what happened to my competitors! PLEASE! TAKE IT, PLEASE! I will try to deliver the cheese ahead of schedule sir!

Alessandro Montachenti, Cheese Merchant of Eridania.

This cheese craze is getting out of hand very much.  Try to keep some sense in the lore, man!
Keep it a "bussiness" and a "passion" for Haelmar and "an asset" for its armies, but not a world-dominating revolution or a method of mind-control or an addiction like drugs. You continue to depict things as if they live for cheese and cheese only. It's just getting a wee bit silly now.  :roll:

I'm all for a cheese-loving peolpe, who don't lose their wits by it.

Naaa... of course it's just a trade, but some people are considerably more crazed than others.

Anyway, here' another one, this time focusing on the Kaiserlickers.

Imperial Intentions

Admiral. von Flottensprug,

Der Kaiser wishes to invade Lauria. Prepare the navy and some supplies. I will organize the army.

Chief of Staff Erich von Luffonstrutten

Memo in the Kaiserlicher Naval Staff Diary;

The threat from the Lion Throne is too much. Lauria is by no means defeated. The Kaiser has decided to postpone Operation Seal indefinitely.

Master,

The Dons are building a massive fort by the Laurian border. If we strike quickly they will be unprepared. This will smash the Laurian War Effort.

Your Contact, F.

Friedrich von Hesselring, Kaiserlicher Ambassador to Haelmar greets the Count of Fernstaag, Chancellor of Haelmar,

Hail! The Kaiser has informed me that we will be interested in agreeing to this counter-offer should you try and hold Lauria's navy as well as her merchant fleet. And please, none of the cheese. The Kaiser wants some wine, see if you get any of that. And we want some muskets too.

Thanks.

*Memo from the Kaiserlicher General Staff, signed by the Kaiser*
To the Swadian Ambassador to the Imperial State:

We thank you for your concern about your fellow Swadians. We shall consider this. Of course, more... donations would make us more interested. We would like an open trade route from Ulm to L'Renouille or Lorraine. Thank you for considering this.

I'd like to point out that the HU colonials aren't really that supportive to the Crown, on the contrary, they are restless. Come on, it's stated by the HU claimant and the fact that colonial rebels infest the Union colonial lands. Colonials will rarely like Erik, unless he really starts caring about them, because it seems he's really been concentrating on just waging war and not improving the colonials' lives.

Are you deliberately trying to change the lore?  :lol:

The Rebellion

The Colonel looked at his watch in his right hand. It ticked away. He lifted his sword, aimed it at the foe, and shouted the command,

"Fire!"

The other officers and sergeants repeated the command and the rippling fire continued. The rebels shrank from the fusilade. Clops behind him. The Colonel turned. The cavalrymen, dragoons, dismounted and went up to him, waiting for orders. The Colonel pointed his sabre at a weakened point, then touched the brim of his hat in salute to the captain leading them. Behind a crack, a cry. A man fell down, his musket clattering on the ground. The barricade was bloodied. Then a giant crash; the horse artillery had arrived.

The shot rumbled over head; one bounced in front of the infantry, and flew over a snow-covered roof; another plowed into the cloaked foe, struggling to present their guns. Sharper cracks, those of revolvers and Murond guns sounded from a small boarding house. The snow fell, blanketing the dead. The Colonel put away his watch. It was strangely peaceful he thought. Such a great sight, disturbed by such slaughter. Carrion birds circled ahead. He looked at his major, not far away, with sword in hand. He nodded. The Major, cigar in mouth, then loudly proclaimed to the men kneeling behind the barricade,

"Rise up men! FIRE!"

The volley ripped through the enemy. Some fled, some gripped their wounds, others shouted encouragement to continue on.

Four bottles flew threw the sky, flaming cloths jammed into them. One was hit by a bullet and set the land between the enemies alight. The others hit their marks. The blue cloth caught fire. The men floundered about. Some dropped and rolled out the fire on the snow; others ran around, screaming, and died. The firing continued, the Colonel oblivious. More men died, more men fell, the clouds of smoke remained constant. Then the screams began. Not of men, but of weapons.

The flaming red streaks ploughed through the sky. One hit a house, setting it on fire. Others scattered around the village and their intended targets. One hit a caisson, full of ready ammunition. It blew. One cannon was lifted up, and thrown down again, the wheels split and on fire. Several men were dead; the horses in the gun teams either fled or whinnied in terror. Chaos consumed the cannoneers. The cannonade continued, but not from those cannon. A howitzer, ready to fire, lobbed shells at the enemy rocketeers. Out of twenty teams bunched together, only three survived after five minutes' sustained fire.

The Colonel looked at the scene of chaos around him. A wounded man, his arm blown off, crawled towards him, screaming. An artilleryman behind him cried, his stomach full of shrapnel. A wounded man, lying by a wall, keeled over. Part of the barricade had been destroyed, and the troops there died as they worked to rebuild it. A surge of enemy troops resulted in brutal hand-to-hand combat. Bayonet, sword, sabre, axe, stock and pike. A man reeled away, his face and neck shot away by birdshot from a blunderbuss at close range. Another was impaled to the ground by a halberd. His attacker was dead, shot in the head by a lieutenant. The colours were on fire.

Then thunder aroused the Colonel. Behind him, an entire regiment of cavalry. The stern Hackapell Colonel turned to the Colonel, and told him that he was going to charge. The Colonel replied that doing so would cause even more rebellion and even more hate against the Haelmarians. The Hackapell refused to listen. The Infantryman ordered the Hackapell not to charge. The Hackapell refused to listen to the superior officer. The Hackapells charged.

Their swords drawn, the cavalry thundered over the barricade and into the rebels. Fighting and fleeing men were cut down. Pistols fired at everything. Men dismounted and looted houses. Buildings on fire. Butchery everywhere. A massacre, a horror of war. The Colonel ordered his men to fire upon the Hackapells, then to retreat in good order. After glancing at the Hackapells, the Colonel heard a single, sharp crack. He then fell to the ground, and all went black.

The snow continued to fall over the blood, the carrion birds circled overhead.

The Hackapells simply butchered every non-Haelmarian in crude and barbaric ways. Men and Women were trampled down. Others simply cut down. This had been done before. The snow fell on their black cuirasses and their fierce steeds. The blood ran in the gutters. Screams, curses and warcries filled the air. Smoke and blood made the air wretched. The Hackapells committed an atrocity of war. They would pay.

Comments? Anyone?

That's pretty cruel. The "story" of it escapes me, though. It's just a good description of a battle.
I thought you were also going to write about the forming of the rebellion, while zooming in on the personal struggle and heroism of a handful of main characters, for example, which could provide for the story elements.

It isn't a story as such... just a kind of... dunno, description? With human elements? I kinda like it. I'll leave the rest to anyone who wants to.

Back
Top Bottom