TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

In between the Ormeil and Lion Throne. Or is it between the Khergits and the Lion Throne? It's one of them.

arkanay.png
This is a map of Arkanay. It is supposed to be a peninsula. This map is prior to the Fall of Rattanakorn.
4 major kingdoms will be named and I will tell about minor kingdoms.

Arkanian Minor kingdoms

Rattana Northern marches(purple) is in the north of Rattanakorn. They're a part of Rattanakorn kingdom. usually led by Song Kwae. This kingdom has been assimilated to Rattanakorn after the fall of Rattanakorn.
Lan Xang(light blue) is in the north east of Rattanakorn. It's ally of Rattanakorn against Hongshawadee.
Phnom (brown) is a former empire which once domnated this peninsula. It's now only a subject to Rattanakorn.
Annam (Blue) is a merchant kingdom which usually harass Rattanakorn in a series of border clashes in Phnom.
Shan (Red) is a Ramann state that's still being independence. despite being invaded many times by Hongshawadee.
Rakhine (Grey) is a kingdom in the east of Hongshawadee. usually go to war against Hongshawadee when Hongsha army is weaken.
Satharoum (crimson) is a kingdom which dominated a mountainous area in the north of Sindthu. It's a reason why Khergit cannot invade Arkanay so easily.

Rattanakorn and Song Kwae are sharing same nationality (as Rattana). But there is a only differences in Uniform.

029.jpg
Rattanakorn (central Rattana)

017.jpg
Northern Rattana

Heh, you guys are nuts. From what I understand New Zendar, Murond and Bermian are supposed to be in C4. That means lots of work in terms of models and textures, not to mention basic but tiresome and time consuming scripting to get all the basic features for each faction in. Then theres a new layer of suggested new features, which could take months to get in and test till they are functional and bug-less. And then there are suggestions for an even bigger map with more factions, or modifications of the ones already present, or subfactions within factions, more units more everything, which is basically a formula for failure.
At this point I would be impressed if Somebody and Nikephoros managed to add just the first "layer" of suggestions. They could give up their lives to add everything, or carry on with their lives as usual, adding everything and finishing the port to Warband by the time "M&B 8: Galactic Dinosaurs From Pluto" is released (probably with a futuristic laptop in their deathbeds).
Keep it real, set a goal of what C4 is supposed to have and focus on that, contribute if possible.

toonknight said:
I think that Arkanay should be a something like spin off. like SfB.
Sure, but that would require someone willing to work on it, like Nikephoros did in SfB.

But can you include this as a lore?
It's ok with me, but then again the lore is more of a democracy (gah!) so if the majority think it's ok, then it's ok. So it's up to the guys.

D'Sparil said:
toonknight said:
I think that Arkanay should be a something like spin off. like SfB.
Sure, but that would require someone willing to work on it, like Nikephoros did in SfB.

But can you include this as a lore?
It's ok with me, but then again the lore is more of a democracy (gah!) so if the majority think it's ok, then it's ok. So it's up to the guys.
Thank you. :grin:
I look forward to write the lore which resemble my nation's history for a long time (I'm Thai)

On the note of actually doing stuff, how did you start texturing? I tried working with the module system, but found it extremely boring. Texturing seems interesting though, since you can use the same model but make it look entirely different, or cut down on the amount of work for whoever is modelling. There are a couple of tutorials, but I'm not sure how to get started.

Toffey said:
On the note of actually doing stuff, how did you start texturing?

At first I simply looked for images in google and then cut them and adapted them to an already existing texture sheet using PSP7. Then I learned to UVmap which made things a LOT easier, you just create the texture (the front and back of an armor for example) and then you "paste it" on top of the 3d mesh, moving it and adjusting it as you want. I used wings 3d, PSP7 (I got the full version and it's simplicity was very welcomed) and DXTBmp to conver the stuff I did on PSP to DDS (the texture format used by the game).

D' has a good point. Nikephoros should make a list of what is to be focused on when he returns, or we'll have chaos.

To be honest, I think even the lore is slowly starting to suffer from bloat.
There is currently no limit or way of measuring what is good or bad lore.
Someone needs to be at the head of things and "enforce" order, and this person would be entitled to
select the worthiness of a lore piece based on his own preference/ideas.
Sorry, bu at least 1 and no more than 3 opinions need to dictate what's in and out.
Currently, this isn't happening because of said democracy, everyone wants to respect other's opinions on lore.

I suggest Venitius for this task. He's already good at what he does here.

Oh and I'm not totally against the Thai/Malay lore. But I think it needs to be eatrc-ified and have a little connection with the main storyline (with the LT and stuff)
Also, toonknight, I know you're not a native english speaker, but your story does need some language improvements to make it more understandable to everyone, if it's gonna be canon.

Toffey said:
On the note of actually doing stuff, how did you start texturing? I tried working with the module system, but found it extremely boring. Texturing seems interesting though, since you can use the same model but make it look entirely different, or cut down on the amount of work for whoever is modelling. There are a couple of tutorials, but I'm not sure how to get started.

I suggest you start with the Wings3d tutorial, that's what I did, it's pretty easy. You can learn to model and texture your own stuff.

I can model a bit, and texture, but my texturing is rubbish. Well yeah, that lore requires a bit more "EATRCifing".

I guessed that Lion Throne and Khergit are try to invade Arkanay for many times. But They've been driven out for many times as well. They're usually stopped at Sindthu(which based on India).
I need other writers to write about this while I'm focusing on Rattana-Hongsha conflicts.

The Lion Throne is too far away I believe, to impact Arkanay. The Khergits and the Sarranids most likely and probably the Long Gao a few centuries earlier could enter the fray in such a spin off. The Lion Throne is still too young to have spanned everywhere, they initially focused on the surrounding areas and to the south (which if I could some up from past lore, contained their original holy land) only after subjugating those territories did they focus to the north, Calradia..

So, officials, please sum up and correct me if I'm wrong.
What's supposed to be newly introduced in C4 is New Zendar, Morund, Republic of Iridania, (another Bermianese state), Larger Laurians, Larger Halmarians, Livanian Duchy, Sarranids, an updated Grand Duchy, an updated HSE (pretty please), and another LT region (autonomous to the Calradian expedition?)

Before I got so busy, I was literally working on dozens of other projects for lore. But, I got so swamped that I never finished any of them (evidence to the fact that I was never able to finish the history of the Grand Duchy). If I had finished them all I am proud - and arrogant  :wink: - enough to say that it would have doubled the size of the Lore Universe. If anyone would like to continue some of my works, all they need is PM me and I shall supply them with details. I can't give my full documents, however, as they have been buried in my hard drive which I still need to get to a technician to recover the files. Sad to say, I may not be able to recover those files. Anyway, here is a list (which I may still expand) of some of the ideas I was working on.

• An expanded history of the Dual Monarchy, in between the King-Patriarchs.
  • An expanded history of the Grand Duchy
  • An encyclopaedia (albeit very small compared to an actual encyclopaedia) of the religions of Calradia (and Lauria).
  • The La Cosa Nostra (Bermianese Mafia)
  • An expanded history on the Vory V Zakone.
  • Conflict between Stanislaw, King of Zenislev and Gerardo, Il Duce of La Cosa Nostra.
  • The Zenislevite Pirates of Stanislaw (their other affairs in the Obello).
  • A history of the Long Guo after their near-extinction.
  • The Khergit Khanate in between the death of Sanjar Khan and C4.
  • A Filipino-esque faction I called the Lupigin (Tagalog word for conquer). I believe toonknight has other plans for a South-East Asian faction.
  • An expanded history of Ovinianism
  • An expanded history of the politics of the Grand Duchy
  • The conflict between the Prince-Sovereign and the Ducal Parliament concerning his coronation as Grand Duke
  • The history of the guardians of the Jade Throne.
  • A piece concerning the Nirdamese forest communities
  • A continuation and an in-between of the love-affair of Julia (which reminds me, FuryFire you have full rights to use her in your work).
  • The Filaharnic Oath. I'm not good with poetry, so someone else can do this.
  • A history of the treasures collected by treasure hunters employed by the Vory
  • Some other **** I can't remember.

And somebody (hinthinthint) needs to update the Codex.

I'll be dropping in now and again.

Boomie's Lupigin may live on the isles in the north of Arkanay. Laurian may built some trading posts there. So that Laurian can come in and trade with Rattanakorn.

I'll probably whip something together about The Clans when my summer holiday starts. If i remember right there was something of a raw sketch of the Highlander troop tree, but I can't find it. Does anyone have recollection of it?

Back
Top Bottom