TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

There we go, a nice complimentary poem for the New Zendar faction wiki page....

Soon as we get it up an running.

War of Swadia Ulterior - Birth of The Imperial State​
Date - 1474-1476

Combatants
-  Swadia Ulterior Military Cliques (changed to Swadia Ulterior Liberation Army in 1475)
  - Free City of Mourne's Army (until 1475)
  - Duchy of Upper Lorraine's Army (from L'Renouile)(until 1475)
  - Duchy of Lower Lorraine's Army (from Lorraine)(until 1475)
- Laurian Kingdom (secretly)
- Ellisian Empire (1476)
VS
- Holy Swadian Empire
  - Swadian Imperial Army of Swadia Ulterior
  - Swadian Imperial Army of Abdera

Location - Swadia Ulterior (Present-day Imperial State)
              - Swadian Abdera
Results - Independence of Swadia Ulterior
            - Founding of Imperial State
            - Abdera was loss to Ellis Empire

It was a year 1474. The last years of the Holy Swadian Emperor Karels II. Father to Sigismund Augustus. In that time. Swadian are still fighting against Ellis Empire in the south and Nordic Kingdom in the North. In this time. Swadia Ulterior is looking to break free from Swadian Imperial rule and establish their own national state.
It was began when Swadia Ulterior Cities of Mourne, L'renouile and Lorraine have started their uprising aided by local garrisons and commanders. the Uprising was successful and three cities have finally break free from Holy Swadian Empire. But these cities and their armies are acted on their owns. as a seperately military cliques while Imperial Army of Swadia Ulterior is regrouping and holding a castles while waiting for a reinforcements.

The true actions is started to occurs in 1475. When Imperial Army of Abdera is arrived at Verden Castle. Swadian Imperial forces are assaulting on many fronts and recaptured Lorraine and later L'Renouile. Armies of Lorraine and L'Renouile must regroup and march together to Mourne and merged with Mourne Army to be a Swadia Ulterior Liberation Army. They can holding Mourne for so long until Laurian Kingdom decided to aid them secretly. First shipments from Lauria had arrived in mid-1465. It contained a supplies and firearms. Swadia Ulterior rebel forces decided to use firearms to repel Swadian human waves and it's appear to be success. Laurian decided to send a monthly shipments contained with firearms and also send a military advisors and attaches to survey Swadian military doctrines. In that time. Swadian imperial forces are still using crossbows. Their firepowers can't match with Swadia Ulterior ones.

In 1476. Tide of war is turn to Swadia Ulterior's favors. Ellis Empire decided to attack Swadian-held Abdera. Swadian must pull Army of Abdera back from Swadia Ulterior while their weakened Army of Swadia Ulterior must hold out the offensives from Mourne.
In the spring of 1466. Lorraine and L'Renouile is now under Swadia Ulterior rebel’s control. While Imperial Army of Swadia Ulterior is breaking apart. Emperor Karels II had to pursue for peace. Accept to give independence to Swadia Ulterior and pull his Army of Swadia Ulterior out to reinforce Abdera. But when they arrived. Abdera is now fallen to Ellisian.

IMO: Outer Swadian Liberation Army should be named Swadia Ulterior Liberation Army
Since Swadia Ulterior is used to denote the lands consisting of Mourne, L'Renouile and Lorraine.

I'm going to assume that it was arquebuses that the Laurian Kingdom supplied. Which will back up the fact that Kaiserlicher Infantry are armed with arquebuses instead of the IS's  trademark calivers.

And there's the Duchy of Upper Lorraine (L'Renouille & surrounding areas), the Duchy of Lower Lorraine (Lorraine and surrounding areas) and something... Free City of Mourne? County of Mourne? Dunno..

Chances are that the respective Electors rebelled too..

Hey guys. Look, I'm sorry but I'm kinda going on a huge hiatus for... let's say until September? I have to prepare for the college entrance tests, and the best schools have a 10% passing rate for the entrance tests, which kinda sucks, which is why I need to take a huge time off to study. FuryFire knows what I'm talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if he was an Isko (he knows what I'm talking about), anyway. These two pieces were never finished, and I'm not sure if I plan to continue them, maybe in September, but not today.

The Grand Duchy (unfinished)
People

Many different ethnicities roam the lands of the Grand Duchy. First and foremost are the Lubnites (literally, people from Lubnie) who make up the majority of the people of the Grand Duchy. The Lubnites were so named due to the fact that they were in a sense the “face” of the Grand Duchy in the early days. When the Long Guo, the Khergits and the Ormeli invaded –or attempted to invade- the lands of the Grand Duchy, it was Lubnie that they first saw and it were the Lubnites that they first encountered. The name Lubnite became synonymous with the people of the Grand Duchy, those who resembled a mix between a Vaegir and a Khergit. Slightly slanted eyes, broad shoulders, strong chins and agile figures all resembled both the Vaegirs and the Khergits, which the Lubnites have somehow been able to combine.

Secondly are the Vaegirs. Many Vaegirs roam the lands of the Grand Duchy; most of them are from the lands today known as Zenislev. The Vaegirs themselves have integrated so much with the Lubnites that they are sometimes unrecognizable. The history between the Vaegirs and the Grand Duchy goes far back to the time when the Lubnite nomads were raiding early Vaegir settlements. The Lubnites would take many Vaegirs back to the Ducal Steppe (as it is known today) to marry, enslave, or sell. The Vaegirs are a people of different backgrounds, and thus they have a slightly different place in the society of the Grand Duchy. Whereas many of the Vaegirs in the Ducal Steppe are aligned with the Vaegir Church, they are sometime seen as outcasts by liberal members of the Lubnites.

Third to inhabit the lands of the Grand Duchy are the Khergit tribes. After the aftermath of many Ducal-Khergit wars, many Khergits were enslaved and many also continued to roam the Ducal Steppe. The majority of the Khergits now living in the Grand Duchy are the Karaites, they are those who rebelled against the Khergits for reasons unknown. They were healthily welcomed by the Lubnites for the roles they play in the wars. Other Khergits from other tribes have also settled in the Ducal Steppe, though their numbers are few and they largely remain unknown due to integration with Karaites, Lubnites, and Vaegirs. The Khergits are also sometimes shunned by the liberal Lubnites due to their strict shamanistic ways, and largely due to the fact that the Lubnites have regarded nomadism as “barbaric.”

Next to join the Grand Duchy, and most recent, are the remnants of the Nirdamese people. They had come in large numbers through Zenislev into the Grand Duchy. Due to their religion’s slight similarities to the Lubnite Ovinianism, they have been able to integrate easily with the Lubnites. The Nirdamese are highly respected due to their abilities in combat and due to the fact that they have easily bolstered the thin numbers of the Grand Ducal armies. They had come due to persecution from the Vaegirs, and so they did not happily receive the fact that a large number of Vaegirs lived in the Ducal Steppe. Majority of the Nirdamese live in the city of Tarnowd and the outlying villages, though there is also a growing population near Birute and Lwyw.

Last to join in the peoples are the Cossacks. Though many of the Cossacks are considered as Vaegirs, they seem to have their own peoples, distinct from the Vaegirs who have joined the Grand Duchy. South of the city of Lwyw, the majority of the Cossacks roam as bandits. How they are able to maintain such large numbers is still unknown, it is speculated that they recruit members from the Vaegirs who are now living as citizens of the Grand Duchy. The Cossacks have also begun to show Khergit characteristics, which has made many speculate that they have also been recruiting Khergits into their ranks. This new peoples are largely irreligious, regarding the search for happiness and material wealth the greatest religion they could ever follow, though there are also some Cossacks who follow some of the different religions that live in the Ducal Steppe.

Geography

The Ducal Steppe is a vast and very distinct steppe. It can more appropriately be called grasslands due to the fertile soil present; however vegetation in the Ducal Steppe is virtually none. Most vegetation comes from farmers planting their crops, other than that it is a vast and open land, unspoiled and unaffected by the many dangers that roam the Ducal Steppe. Ellisian and Lubnite scholars have attributed the fertility of the Ducal Steppe to the close proximity of the Gulf of Duagavirva, a large body of fresh water which has made the lands around Lwyw greener than other plains.

Religion

Lubnite Ovinianism
Lubnite Ovinianism shares similarities with very few religions in Calradia. Lubnite Ovinianism strives for the goal of finding true peace and true faith within oneself, which is the only way to be able to break the reincarnation cycles which the Ovinians believe in. The belief in reincarnation states that when you die your soul has two paths open to it: being reincarnated as another man or woman or breaking the cycle of reincarnation and ascending into paradise, which Ovinianism calls as “the land of true peace.” Only by being at true peace with oneself can one break the cycle of reincarnation. True peace is a very broad term for Ovinianism. It generally refers to being able to let go of all material wealth, which for Ovinians can be easily said, however is rarely truly achieved.

Ovinianism is generally stated to have been created by Ovinius, an early-age Ellisian who travelled to the Ducal Steppe to be able to have peace from all the politics of Ellis. Ovinius is said to have detached himself from all pleasures of the world to be able to gain true peace, when he died in his “deathless sleep” he was said to have been one of the first to achieve true peace.

To those who have difficulty in grasping Ovinianism, it is described by an Ovinian scholar known as Wilfred through what is called “Wilfred’s ladder (Wilfred’s name was not included in the original sayings).” The metaphorical ladder is a simple rickety ladder, with cracks on all different places. The ladder is extremely long and the top of the ladder is hidden by clouds. On the sides of the ladder, supported by clouds are different items that a person sees in life. There are the parents, the family, the loved ones and the material possessions, along with food and other necessities such as houses and animals. Wilfred explained that you are unable to properly climb the ladder if you are not able to let go of all this life has given to you, especially loved ones. To be able to achieve true peace and to be able to “climb the ladder,” one must let go of virtually everything in life.

A History of the Lubnites (unfinished)
The early histories of the Grand Duchy are simple. The geography of Calradia has made the Grand Duchy isolated from the rest of the peoples of Calradia. Their early histories are very debatable due to the fact that the people of the Grand Duchy, situated in the western Calradian steppe, started out as nomadic herdsmen and most of their early history is based on oral tradition. According to their early history they would continually raid Vaegir lands and came into conflict with the Long Guo, being soundly defeated and subjugated into the Long Guo Empire.

The defence of the Grand Duchy was different from the other nomadic peoples that were conquered by the Long Guo. Years before Xiao Ming Dun came to the lands of the Grand Duchy, they started building cities in an attempt to be able to successfully defend themselves, with the philosophy then that Xiao Ming Dun would be too accustomed to fighting nomads in open fields to be able to successfully besiege a city. The outcome, however, was no different. Only one city was properly created: Lubnie.

During the Siege of Lubnie the army of Xiao Ming Dun was halted for barely a month, after which his armies poured into the other cities with ease. Lwyw, Birute and Tarnowd were burned to the ground, with only the foundations remaining at that time. Lubnie, however, was spared due to the fact that the city itself was fully completed. However, the purposes of the city were purely militaristic, and Lubnie was garrisoned by the Long Guo as the Lubnites (old name of the people of the Grand Duchy) were left to themselves as they were ordered to rebuild Lwyw, Birute and Tarnowd.

There would be no peace, however. Three sons of Xiao Ming Dun, Xiao Xi Khi, Xiao Lei and Xiao Wei Jiao, were sent to govern the cities of Tarnowd, Birute and Lwyw as part of their system of succession. For eight years Tarnowd, Lwyw and Birute experienced great growth due to the effective leadership of the three sons. However, this growth would be grounded to a halt when Xiao Ming Dun died, and the system of succession was put to the test for the first time as the three sons quickly marched through the western Calradian steppe to wage war.

Xiao Xi Khi won the crown of the Dragon Throne and as his first proclamation; he awarded the area which is today the Grand Duchy the status of “Province of the Empire” with Tarnowd as the capital of the province. The title gained them proper fame in the empire with the so-called “benefit” of being able to send their troops in the service of the empire, which would eventually lead to the province of Lubnie being recognized throughout the Long Guo Empire.

Centuries later, after the fall of the Jade Throne, the Grand Duchy returned to its isolation. Ellis had never sought the lands of Lubnie, deeming it worse than the steppes of Calradia. With no conquerors it can be speculated whether or not the Lubnites fared better with conquerors or without. Before Xiao Ming Dun, there was no single unity in the lands of the Grand Duchy. There were no tribes, there were no clans, no different peoples, no permanent settlements, not even bandits or raiders. The Lubnites were in an everlasting peace. Families would only form a group when they would venture out into Vaegir lands to raid, after which plunder was divided and the families dispersed. With the Long Guo they built cities, their homes became permanent and they learned to properly prosper, however their nomadic identities would be forever gone.

Only one thing has – and shall never – change for all Lubnites: the steppe. The steppe is their home. Even to this day horses – both wild and tame – outnumber the Lubnites, which is properly used to their advantage. Horses are no luxury for Lubnites: horses are a way of life. No Lubnite man has less than three horses, no Lubnite woman has less than two horses and no Lubnite children have at least one horse. Due to the everlasting wars in inner Calradia the Lubnites have taken advantage of this, masking themselves as traders they would enter Calradia, talking of faraway lands but never directly mentioning the Lubnite peoples or Lubnie itself. It is not uncommon for many people to mistake the Lubnites for both Khergits and Vaegirs due to many physical similarities: the slanted eyes of Khergits and the large figures of Vaegirs are both present in the characteristics of Lubnites.

The next proper mention of the Lubnites is made by the Khergit Khanate. When trading king, Tadeusz Hiszowicz sent his caravan into the Khergit steppe. Legend has told Hiszowicz’s caravan to have had a hundred men and a thousand times more horses. Today this is proven to be merely myth and the number of horses that accompanied Tadeusz was approximated to around only two-thousand, with around two hundred men accompanying the caravan. Tadeusz Hiszowicz gained notoriety for breaking the unwritten pact of Lubnite isolationism by telling the Khan great tales of the city of Lubnite, afterwards Tadeusz would sell his two-thousand horses, returning to Lubnite to buy another two-thousand to continue to supply the Khergit hunger for horse. The Khergit Khan would use the Lubnite horses to his great advantage, smashing Ellisian iron walls with bow and horse.

Tadeusz Hiszowicz would soon regret his decision to trade with the Khergit Khan. Soon after a few successful wars with Swadians and Ellisians, Sanjar Khan marched on Lubnie, lured by the grand open and fertile steppes (very rare to the rest of Calradia). Lubnie, Lwyw and Birute were captured within a month and Tarnowd seemed doomed to fall after.

Help would come for the doomed Lubnites from the most unlikely allies. To the south, the Karaites of the Khergits rebelled while they were garrisoned in Birute, causing a massive popular uprising which did little effect, however dispersed the armies of the Khergits to the point that there were as many Khergits as there were Lubnites in Tarnowd. What’s more, some Vaegir Lords had taken advantage of this as a chance to gain new allies against the Khergits, thus they launched a surprise attack through the mountains into the great open steppes of the Lubnites to lift the siege of Tarnowd by drawing the Khan to open battle.

Goodbye guys.

Good luck with studying then. Man, for most Canadian universities you only need to have a mid eighties average and you're good. Your stuff sounds really hard. And I like the lore too.

My mind shakes, Holofernes, and my body follows. For an instant, perhaps less than a second I cannot move, I cease to be. It has become more frequent in the last months...

My lord... yo are just tired, the campaign against the infidels has been more difficult than we expected, that's all, in the end we shall triumph, like we always have, have no worries...

Do you think... do you think Filaharn has sent me this curse as a punishment for my failure?... It's been more than five years... oh how I miss Lilith so much... I should be by her side now... I wonder what my daughter looks like... I wonder if she is indeed my daughter...

My Lord!

Ha... forgive my ramblings... I'm just tired... as you say.

My Lord, the campaign has dragged on more than the Holy Father expected, but it's not your fault, the Pope did not know about Queen Imelda's stubbornness. It make take more time than we thought of in the beginning, but in the end we shall reach the Obello and forward north, to the end of World and Time.

Ah yes... the end of the world... the Pope thought it was due west... beyond the great Bloodfalls... but it wasn't the case... why, I wonder does he seek it.

With due respect my Lord, if the Holy Father wishes it then it's because Filaharn ordered him to. We must recover Zepyulos and head north.

True... gah... my arm. That damned wound on the shoulder... Holofernes, if I fall in battle you shall take Brunhild and hide it. Bury it, throw it into the sea, I don't care, just don't let Zalera or Elhaym have it.

...Wha...

Hah... forget that... it's inevitable anyways... I rot from the inside while those two spit on everything Filaharn stands for... honor, duty...

Bah, nevermind my rambling, now leave me, I must get some sleep, for tomorrow we march north, seems that the Cannon finally did something besides scaring the peasants and cattle of Lerna.

Indeed my Lord.

Excerpts from the Battle Log of Reichsingenieur Ulrich von Liechtenstein

April 25, 1500
Wercheg. The last holdout of the Laurian Kingdom in Calradia. In the name of Der Kaiser, we have conquered everything else. But Wercheg still remains. The city has a complex wall construction, although not as bad as Tihr, it still poses a challenging task. Feldartillerie companies have been bombarding the city for two days now. The walls have a construction of a layer of stone wall, then packed gravel and earth, then another layer of stone wall with paving on top to walk on. It soaks up cannon shot very well. If the bombardment fails, I have drawn up plans for mining the city’s walls, however I do not wish to resort to that. I would much rather repair cannon damage than rebuild a whole section of wall. The Laurians have been taking shots at my artillery crews. Although out of effective range of arquebuses, one or two shots have hit my men, requiring moderate medical attention. Its more like a nuisance, really. The new musket lock system I’ve been field testing has been working satisfactorily. I believe it is better than our current matchlocks. I call it a wheellock. It’s more reliable, for one thing. As we are in a siege the rate of fire, which is slightly slower, is not much of a problem, so I will have to test in field battle as well. I do not wish to do that and risk my men, but for the sake of science, one must make sacrifices. (The next few lines are blacked out.)

… and I do not wish to alienate myself from him. Sadly, I see no other choice but to discuss this with the other officers.

April 26, 1500
The artillery bombardment has succeeded in breaching a section of wall, however there is quite a lot of rubble still blocking that breach. I may send some Cannoneers to blow that into the city, but under cover of darkness of course. That also adds a bit of a shock element to a night assault as well. We lost an artilleryman today when a lucky Laurian hit his powder magazine. Two other men were injured. I fear they won’t make it as well. Our wheellock gunners have been performing very well. If the barrel of the gun is rifled too, it makes for an almost unbeatable sharpshooter’s weapon. Also, General von Hake arrived at the siege camp today. He and his men will be assisting in our assault tomorrow.

April 27, 1500
We have taken Wercheg, however, losses in the siege were more than expected. In part, this was due to my slight underestimation of the wall system. The walls, instead of being a full two-ringed structure, have sections of secondary wall interior to the first one. I miscalculated the number of those, and as such, paid the price. However, the Laurians are in retreat, they sailed off in their ships when we took the city. It was a glorious sight. Gazing over the smoking remains of the wall section, into the sunset and over the water. Beautiful indeed.

D, I've got a question: Is Brundhild a weapon of the First Deva's Office? Or is it Mondo's personal weapon that later on became a signature weapon to him?

Those last statements might have ramifications on my understanding of things.

First Deva's weapon, same as Second Deva and Penetent. Zoshonell is Elhaym's personal weapon though (as she obtained it herself trough battle, it wasn't granted to her by the Pope like the other two).

The land of Arkanay
in the south-east of Khergit Khanate. There is the land called Arkanay.
There are a 4 major kingdoms in this land namely Hongshawadee, Rattanakorn, Sindthu and Malaska. There is a long history of hostility in this land. There a wars between Rattanakorn and Hongshawadee and others against foreign powers.

The War of Pale Elephants
Date - 1512
Location - Rattanakorn, Arkanay
Combatants
- Kingdom of Hongshawadee and its vassals
  - Hongshawadee
  - Ramann Thesa
  - Tongroo Thesa
  - Angon Thesa
Versus
- Kingdom of Rattanakorn
- Northern Marches led by Song Kwae
Results - Song Kwae change its diplomatic politic from pro-Rattana to pro-Hongsha.
            - Rattanakorn's surrender. Hongshawadee demand five pale elephants from Rattanakorn as a tribute.
            - With the loss of pale elephants. Rattana's morale is decreased.

In the year 1512. Hongshawadee under the rule of King Rashinnaung who's trading with Haelmarian for importing firearms to his country, started to invade and conquer neighboured minor kingdoms as a vassal. After the conquest is done. Rashinnaung decided to invade Rattanakorn by using a large army. Rattana Army with Laurian and Sarranid mercenaries are fighting together and try to hold out the invasion in the north and the west. But when Hongsha Army has besieged Rattana allied state of Song Kwae. King Thamraja of Song Kwae decided to surrender to Rashinnaung after He doesn't receive any Rattana reinforcement from the Rattana capital. And then Song Kwae can make a seperate peace while Hongshawadee's invade Rattana land. When Hongsha army march and besiege Rattana capital, Ayodaya. Rattana troops and Foreign mercenaries are fought bravely. Hongsha troops cant even get close to the city walls. When the siege is intensified. The King of Rattanakorn. King Maha Chakrapad decide to sue for peace. King Rashinnaung demand that King Maha Chakrapad must give him five pale elephants as a tribute. Rattana king hesitate but decided to give it afterward. After this war. there is only a ten years of peace when Hongshawadee invade Rattanakorn again. Conquer it and make them a vassal for 15 years under the rule of Song Kwae vassal king.

Pictures (from thai movie King Naresuan)
018.jpg
Rattana forces with foreign mercenaries are holding the line against Hongsha advancing troops.
017.jpg
Rattana Mae-thap(Commander) (you can see Sarranid mercenary cavalry in background)
034.jpg
Bermianese mercenaries (in Laurian armor)with charging Hongsha cavalry.
035.jpg
Rattana cavalrymen from Royal Army (most soldiers from Royal army are wore Laurian armor)

Notes
- Arkanay is based on South-east asia and India.
- Rattanakorn is based on Ayutthaya Kingdom while Hongshawadee is based on Pegu.
- The War of Pale Elephants is based on a real war between Siamese and Burmese.
- King Maha Chakrapad's name is based on one of Ayutthayan king. His name is mean "An Emperor".
- King Rashinnaung is based on Burmese king Bayinnaung, the Conqueror of ten directions.
- Song Kwae is based on Thai city of Phitsanulok. Song Kwae is also a Phitsanulok's alternate name. Song Kwae's mean "Two Rivers".

You have a good story and nice presentation, but I don't know how this fits into existing lore, Venitius and Nikephoros should know, I guess.

Ah finally, thanks for giving the title of the movie, which I've been looking for for two years now.

Bermianese mercenaries? I can't find a connection, maybe Laurian Tercios leased to Rattanakorn as a sign of friendship for the years of open trade given to them... and to give support against any one allied to the Halmarians. But it's your story anyway. You have a good eye for pictures.

FuryFire said:
Ah finally, thanks for giving the title of the movie, which I've been looking for for two years now.

Bermianese mercenaries? I can't find a connection, maybe Laurian Tercios leased to Rattanakorn as a sign of friendship for the years of open trade given to them... and to give support against any one allied to the Halmarians. But it's your story anyway. You have a good eye for pictures.
During the period of War between Rattanakorn and Hongshawadee (which based on real conflict between Siam and Pegu). There are many mercenaries and volunteers that came to this land and served in both sides. I think that Laurian wont give any leased because they're busy in the war.
Those Laurian who served Rattana King. They're maybe a Laurian deserters or an opposition to House Loeher.
Hongshawadee is employed Bermianese, Haelmarian and some former Lion Throne soldiers as a Mercenary.
Silver Wolf's New Zendar can be included in this conflict as a supporter of Rattana or Hongsha.

In Rattanakorn (even in Siam) there are also a departments for foreing troops who served the king (you can make this as a special parties) such as.
-Kongpon Farang Man Peun (Laurian/Calradian musketeers corps)(based on real Department of Westerner troops during Rattanakosin period of Thailand)
-Krom Asa Kaek Sarranid (Department of Sarranid Volunteers)(Since Ayutthaya. There also a Moorish volunteers who's serving the King during the war alongside with Makassar while Abyssinian are serving Pegu.)

I would really only expect Nirdamese, the odd Bermianese Condottieri or some New Zendarian Merc Commander there. Perhaps some stolen/acquired cannon from other factions really... not really sure that the Haelmarians would be interested, they're busy in the New World. The pickelhaube-like helmets... they stole from some I.S. Caravan. What would be more likely are the Long Guo joining them rather than LT Deserters. As they'd be utterly screwed. And erm, the plural of "infantry" is "infantry". Same goes for cavalry and artillery; their singulars are the same as their plurals.

As for my opinion, it's alright. And erm, spoiler those pics?

Fall of Rattanakorn
Date - 1522-1523
Location - Rattanakorn, Arkanay
Combatants
- Kingdom of Hongshawadee and its vassals
  - Hongshawadee
  - Ramann Thesa
  - Tongroo Thesa
  - Angon Thesa
- Rattana Northern marches led by Song Kwae
Versus
- Kingdom of Rattanakorn
- Kingdom of Lan Xang
Results - Rattanakorn ended up as a vassal of Hongshawadee.
            - Song Kwae's king and his royal family took control on Rattana throne. Song Kwae and Rattanakorn united under the name of Rattanakorn.
            - Lan Xang-Hongsha War continued. Lan Xang become a vassal for Hongshawadee afterward.

The war is started in 1522. When Lan Xang decided to invade Song Kwae who was been suspected as a pro-Hongsha in that time. King Thamraja sent a messenger to call for help from Rattanakorn since Rattanakorn and Song Kwae is an ally for a long time. King Maha Chakrapad who was friendly to Song Kwae is succumbed to an illness and Rattanakorn is now ruled by Crown Prince Mahin. Crown Prince Mahin accepted to help Song Kwae. But it was a ruse since Mahin is despise Song Kwae following their seperate peace with Hongsha. Mahin march his army to Song Kwae, pretend to reinforce the city. But real plan is to open the city to Lan Xang forces. King Thamraja learn this from Rattana deserter. He decided to use fireships against Rattana camp. The fire damaged Mahin's forces seriously.
2 Months later. Hongshawadee army comprised of P'ma and Ramann troops has arrived to Song Kwae. But with their commander's foolishness. Hongsha Army is also loss so many troops during the breakout. Phya Phukam and Phya Suerharn. Commander of Hongsha army who relief Song Kwae, are nearly sentenced to death. But with King Thamraja's plea. They've been acquitted.
In 1523. Hongsha-Song Kwae armies are marching south. They arrived at the walls of Ayodaya again. And again, they cant get close to the wall. King Maha Chakrapad is passed away after the months of siege. Mahin succeed him as King Mahintrathiraja. The Siege is become more harder for Hongsha-Song Kwae forces. But with the help of Rattana lord "Aokya Chakri". Ayodaya is fall in the Eighth month of siege.
Ayodaya became a vassal of Hongshawadee under the rule of King Thamraja of Song Kwae which united two kingdoms. King Mahintrathiraja had been forced to adbicated and held captive by Hongsha king Rashinnaung. Aokya Chakri's been sentenced to death by Rashinnaung since He's cannot be trusted when He can even betray his homeland. He's been thrown down to river with his hands nailed with chest contain with gold coins and treasures given by Rashinnaung.
After the fall of Rattanakorn. Lan Xang is fallen soon after.

We all know that Halmarian Union and the Empire of Loehr are expansionist and seafaring nations that could also go for maritime supremacy goals. The act of sending their own troops for lease as a sign of friendship will make their ties to the far away nations more stronger allowing for better trade of exotic goods.

Ow, but the Halmarians would be all to happy to spread their cheese merchants everywhere, that counts to the far east where they could gain some exotic goods, ivory and stuff.

The Laurians, if you recall is a super power probably second only in size to the Lion Throne, they'd have troops to spare for expeditions and such, maybe spare a regiment of arquebusiers or two for "to hire" purposes.

Nirdams are too tied up in Calradia and reorganizing themselves in the Duchy at the moment. And Bermianese condotas are too few to reach too far. Merchants and immigrants they are, but they'll still be restricted to the Obello and Calradia.

The only problem with that , is the supposed location of these south-east asian factions.
The story says south-east of Khergit lands, but we do not currently have an image of what lies beyond the khergit lands, it could be shores, it could be deserts. This could be a good start though. If the eatrc project ever gets out of this lull and really starts developing, we'll have more to put on the final map of the whole eatrc world, for which we still do not have a talented volunteer for.

Back
Top Bottom