TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

Very impressive, Venitius. I like the references too.

I have an idea, if you were planning to go on with this:

I figured the horses were a most horrible weak point in the design, Everyone would target them, even though they are armored

Mark V: 24 horses, completely incorporated in the wagon's design, so they are actually moving this thing forward from within. This protection allows the Wagon to come near to enemy city walls  and towers and conquer them, or bring them down with weaponry. They can now also function as a stationary watch tower that can move if needed.

All of this is made possible by the discoveries made by spies sent to G-P, where they discovered that when steel is put at an angle of about 60 degrees, it is harder to penetrate. The LT had this information but never used it for such a purpose. This made it possible to alter the design of the wagon and use less steel for greater protection. Additionally, engineers were searching for other ways of reducing the weight of the design which was now a monstrous since it incorporated the horses. So they came across a certain type of wood called Bamboo that was said to grow in now-Khergit territory. It was in short supply but it was enough to make a prototype Mark V. Bamboo was lighter, stronger and more durable.

Whaddaya think?

I was going to do another bit about a Mark V much alike your idea, which would be like one of those Leonardo da Vinci pie tanks combined with a WWI A7V Tank.

Damn, that was fail.

[quote author=Venitius]
I feel like doing some lore soon myself. So what's this new lore on then?
[/quote]
[quote author=Feragorn]
Correspondences between Reichsingenieur von Liechtenstein and Kaiser Friedrich Wilhelm on the possible deployment of some of his contraptions. And grant money. Lots of it.
[/quote]
[quote author=Venitius]
Contraptions?

You can't mention the following as they've already been invented:

Self-Propelled War Wagons
War Wagons
Iron Plated War Wagons
Breech-loaders
Gas-operated rifles.

Hmm. I need to write something on Breech-loaders. Haelmarian Breech-loaders.
[/quote]
[quote author=Feragorn]
Actually, breech loading culverins, portable expandable bridges/siegeworks, and naval mines.
[/quote]
[quote author=Venitius]
Culverins eh? Might get tech up and get a few 12-pdrs there? But portable bridges and siegeworks and naval mines sound good. Haelmarians got there first with the (Breech Loading) QF 2-Pounder 40mm Repeating Light Cannon, i.e. the EATRC version of the Bofors 40mm.
[/quote]
[quote author=Feragorn]
FREAKING SWEDES!!!!

No, the culverin are handheld. Light (.5-1 lb) ball, nice medium size barrel, wheellock mechanism, arm brace, its the new improved canonneer! Because they piss me off.
[/quote]
[quote author=Venitius]
Ah! Well culverins are also field cannons you know.. Hm.. Breechloading Cannoneers.. I wonder what damage that will cause on the field..

Goodbye Lauria, I suppose, unless the Laurians find some contraption that can save them. The Vaegirs never seem to die, the Haelmarians have a WWII AA cannon, the LT is just massive and has a massive cannon, the Ormeli are the Ottoman Empire in EATRC, the Murond probably have Commandos and the Grand Duchy have their Hussars.

But hey, let's take this to the proper thread, and EATRC's nice that way. With underdogs and stuff.
[/quote]
[quote author=Feragorn]
Yes. Side note: These are hand culverin.
[/quote]

aye, the Janissaries need them improved stuff too, I mean guns

And actually the Ormeli have invented state-of-the-art technology for their sappers for advanced tunnel-digging under besieged city walls. Beats any Healmarian mortar gun any day.

Cracks them up when funny-headgeared guys start turning up on the wrong side of their wall.

Aren't they Jezzails or however you spell them? Did we save them for Sarranids or not?

And I'm talking about this:

Polish_artillery_Battle_of_Bzura_1939.jpg

French_20Bofors_2040mm_20in_20Alsace_20_

It's no mortar, it's an AUTOCANNON! (Strictly an AA gun but I'm sure it'll be useful shooting down Aurora Cannon shells and general annoying people.)

Yeah whatever you little gadget is called, sappers are more effective at overcoming walls, specificcaly at prolonged sieges where the supply of canonballs/shells are dwindling and the crude artillery of the TEATRC world start malfunctioning. The left over gunpowder can be put to good use.

Having said that, I think you need to watch out Venitius. This is TEATRC, so even though I like your idea of QF 2-Pounder 40mm Repeating Light Cannon(copied that), TEATRC is not a firearms-dominated universe, so your gun needs drawbacks and a limit to it's use.
I'm saying this also partly because, if, in some way, artillery is added to the game, it must still not be used as a primary tool for WINNING like it was in Napoleanic times.

And yes Jezails were saved for the Ptian special troops and Sarranids, but the Sarranids are not gonna have any gunpowder units according to Nik. So this opens the door for one of the Janissary branches to have Jezails, possibly. If Feragorn can model them, it would be very welcome.

Yeah, I know. It occasionally blows up and the cannon's slow to move around and it's incredibly hard to deploy. Needs flat ground.

Actually, my gun isn't a Jezail. It's got an angular stock, not a curved one. Here's a link.

http://www.antiques-arms.com/catalog/images/fl42x.jpg

Something like that.

Looks nice enough, I like the way the barrel is attached to the stock with rings.

Anyway, this is the lore thread, dammit, this subject is for the C3 expansion thread. We PHAILED again.

This report compiled by Reichsingenieur Ulrich von Liechtenstein, May 23, 1500.

On the use of Mechanical Aids for Combat and Engineering purposes in war.
The use of complex mechanical aids for combat and engineering purposes is increasingly common in this modern day. So far, the Laurian Kingdom has produced ever better warships which are more than capable of defeating our own navy in battle. It would be imperative to devise new methods for defeating their own warships other than direct combat. One such device could be a semi-submerged explosive device, triggered by contact or fuse to disable or sink enemy ships in combat. I would recommend, Mein Kaiser, that these are relegated to defensive roles, as to minimize the chances of our own ships running into them and sinking. They would be deposited at the entrances of harbors before imminent enemy attack to destroy and demoralize the enemy navy. They would consist of a barrel thinly sheeted with iron or steel, filled with gunpowder, and have multiple projections of tubes that are filled with separate glass containers of acid and tin shavings, respectively. When a ship strikes the projection, the acid and steel mix, creating great heat and detonating the device.
Next, I have devised a machine to aid in the construction of siegeworks. This machine is a collapsible siege ramp and also functions as a portable bridge, when fording a river must be done. There are two parts, connected by heavy hinges. Each half is by itself a bridge, and when it is extended, it can span a river over 20 feet wide. There is no limit to the depth, as the bridge is laid on the bank. As a siege ramp, it is flipped over and extended toward the battlements of a wall. It is a simple device, but one which may prove to be exceptionally useful.
I do hope that these such devices are pertinent to our own state of affairs, and see use in the future.
              Respectfully, Reichsingenieur von Liechtenstein

Reichsingenieur,
Your work astounds me. I shall put them to use at once, for the safety of our harbors is a very important priority, due to the Laurian threat. Queen Imelda shall have a not-so-pleasant surprise the next time she decides to invade us by sea.
As to the portable bridges, they are most interesting, but I question their practicality. Is it not cheaper to  build ladders and ford rivers that to order these collapsible behemoths?
              Kaiser Friedrich Wilhelm

Mein Kaiser,
The bridges and siege ramps are designed to be reusable. It may have some extra cost at first, but when they are in widespread use, they will outweigh the eventual cost of constantly building siegeworks and bridges.
As you know, our Cannoneers carry small, wide-bore weapons capable of firing shells over some distance which can inflict great destruction upon the enemy. However, they lack in one thing. Accuracy. Their cannon are not accurate over distances of over 50 yards. This may not seem too disturbing at first, but may I remind you of embarrassing incidents where our own troops were killed when the order was given to bombard enemy cavalry while our own was still intermixed with them? So, I propose an improvement on the cannon. Instead of a small, short bombard, I have devised a gun that I call the culverin. It is a longer weapon, requiring two hands to hold and aim, much like a caliver or musket, except the cannon is held under-arm, instead of shouldered. This culverin has a much longer barrel, resulting in increased accuracy and range, but fires a slightly smaller shell, also to increase range. This should not be much of a problem, as our current shells do more than enough damage, and the accuracy will help increase enemy casualties and decrease friendly fire incidents.
                  Reichsingenieur von Liechtenstein

Hey, Boomie, did you ever write the Duchy history? It sounded good from what I can remember.

zollum said:
I would really like to see this for warband the talking politics with a lion throne guild master would be quite interesting

Never thought about that  :eek: That would indeed be the most interesting of conversations, heh heh!

I've fixed a few items (musketeer_hat and God knows what) for version 1.011 a long time ago and I forgot to upload them...
But it's never too late :
Here's the link : http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1692

Gents, I suppose this is the right place but:

Today, I was on DeviantArt, looking at some drawings of the Battle of Endor... because I was bored.

I came across this rather nice drawing of the bit where the Rebels engage the Star Destroyers "at point-blank range", to quote Lando Calrissian.

Anyway, to cut the story short, I found that this drawing was drawn by Jan Boruta, our old friend here.

So I went onto his profile and found this message, dated sometime in early March:
It's been a long, long time since I was present here...

What can I say, the weight of life, its problems and challenges, combined with general insufficiency of time to draw and create resulted in such a long absence...

I feel I'm creeping back to life, though. Slowly, but steadily, I regain my imagination, dreams, and all that stuff that enabled me to spam you with drawings. And my last drawing-spam was back in 2008...

I hope I'll recover quickly and come up with new drawings in a couple of days/weeks.

Source:Jan Boruta's DeviantArt Page

Back
Top Bottom