TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

Aye, in case you haven't noticed, I kinda like to have insane people on the mod. Although the really insane so far are just Sigismund and Zalera, the rest are just annoying ****ers.

D'Sparil said:
Aye, in case you haven't noticed, I kinda like to have insane people on the mod. Although the really insane so far are just Sigismund and Zalera, the rest are just annoying ****ers.
Kind of like real life then :wink:

Will you be giving your thoughts on the smaller regions that haven't been made into full factions for the possible expansion of C3?
Mourond and the Clan area for instance?

Edit: forgot to add my real question...

FuryFire said:
No specialized assassin agency to keep them in check? Well that's because problems like what happened to "Julia" is silenced as quickly as possible.. If there is, then its existence is only known to directly to the Pope himself... Although I think such an agency is a danger in itself already..

Just note that Julia is still alive and far away from the Throne (presumably in Calradia now). What happened to her afterwards is up for interpretation, but she's alive and she bears a daughter.

Julia escaped?! Well brigadiers are not cops, still though I wonder how Julia could live in Calradia with a strong hatred for all non-believers, with the Swadian and Laurian Inquisition, IS secret police making it imposible for Filaharnists to move, and the Tsardom too far away, where could she run to?

D'Sparil said:
FuryFire said:
Comments and criticism is welcome. I plan to tell the story of how Zalera the Second Deva came to be.

A little commentary. Keep in mind that I concieved Zalera as a schizophrenic guy (heh, as a psychology student you get to visit and interview many people with such mental condition, and boy, are they fascinating! but very, very scary at the same time, you never know when the delirium will kick in and they'll start acting random, many times in an agressive manner). It's a disease that manifest itself mostly between the 15 to 25 or so years. Common traits (during it's development) are moments of complete loss of reality (hearing voices, seeing stuff, and many other kinds of delirium), and an extreme self centered view of the world.
Just thought I would point that out since the LT is my little baby  :razz: (and I was just reading about the subject, for the goddamn exams  :sad:)

I suspected as much, the schizo I mean. I kinda started with him as a young, healthy minded lad (filled with LT propaganda of course) that is adventourous and outgoing and very naive... I'm still thinking up of the best events that'll turn him into the lead-from-the-front, blood-thristy, and jerk-to-Mondo deva that exists today.

Will you be giving your thoughts on the smaller regions that haven't been made into full factions for the possible expansion of C3?
Mourond and the Clan area for instance?

My opinion on the clans is that they are nation ignored by its neighbors (the IS), pretty much like the Scots with the English (Braveheart). My theory is that Jan just placed it in the map, without any real intentions of it being a power. I mean, look at the name itself "the clans" it denotes a separated land filled with warring families that have never really advance to become a nation like those of Calradia's. The western highlands yes? Its filled with rolling hills with no high economic value to ever form an industry of war. So they end up being mercenaries that come to Calradia: the Gallowglass, Kern, Woad Warriors? all come from this land, presumably from the clans.

So gamewise, this means their forces would be pretty small, low tech, and most likely still feudalistic... Unless you change the entire history I think.... Or lets just get it over with and let them be invaded by Mourond, so we can bring another shooty faction coupled with clan auxiliaries in Calradia. That could give the IS a run for their denars :grin:

Seems like I'll have a pretty boring afternoon (what with the city having a flood after last night's  huge storm and all that  :lol:) so I think I'll update Jan's map with the new locations names and all that.

Tough times in Argentina eh? Man, storms, floods, earthquakes in the various parts of the wold all seem to have increased in frequency and devastation.. which reminds me.. Why aren't there any natural disasters noted in the lore? Kinda odd if you think about it..

Anyways, after listening to some music, I have finally worked up the will to draw something that I have entertained for a while: the Aurora Cannon. But before I start, and suggestions? I figured it would be like a massive bombard/mortar, so large they had to build a hill around it to secure it in place, and to transport it's shells to the muzzle.

People keep picturing it as this,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_gun

The paris gun. I picture it however as a massive turkish bombard, maybe a cross between the two.

The technology was derived from Gunther-Piedmont Scientists as well as captured Ormelli Metallurgists.
Add up the artistry of Lion Throne Smiths and Painters. And the blessings and oils of the clergy. So I suggest a bombard like mortar but longer, probably the size of a round tower. It is supposed to be situated at Ellis, as the lore says. But looking at the map, I think it should be situated at Lerna because the city itself is elevated.

It must be ornate, beautiful, and massive. a dozen elephants are kept just to turn the gun on its axis and raise or lower its aim( its either elephants or counter-weights like that of the trebuchet). Its shells is the size of a small house (or maybe larger, still debatable) the point is, is that one shot could decimate about 4 city blocks or destroy the thick walls of Vienna. An underground complex (not too deep) will be built under it to absorb the recoil. Just my suggestion, let your imagination fly TDM.

edit: or you could build it on the mountain outside ellis. Looking like a naval gun built on a bunker complex facing trajectories north to east to south.. Problem is it could not target the IS cities situated on the west..

It is being deployed at the site of Valley's Forge, the Lion Throne's first major triumph over the Swadians. And while my drawing skills limit how ornate it is, there will be a fair bit of religious art, so don't fret.

And that is actually exactly the same ****ing thing I was thinking, Furyfire. Holy ****.

FuryFire said:
It is supposed to be situated at Ellis, as the lore says. But looking at the map, I think it should be situated at Lerna because the city itself is elevated.

I situated it in Lerna  :???:

...a cannon so big and powerful that it would be capable of bombarding Vienna and Nibelheim from the high hills of Lerna.

Cheese Raid

The moon shines with splendor tonight. Not a single cloud to obscure it, illuminating the land with an eerie glow. On a lonely road leading to Vienna a caravan moves. Twenty caravan guards accompanied by ten halmarian hackapells guard a wagon that brings with it a delicious aroma. One young caravan guard talks to another:
"I don't get why we have to bring along these hackapells, it gets us lesser pay."
The other guard gave him an annoyed look, "these Union fellas seem to be particularly protective of whatever's in that wagon."

The caravan was not alone however; further up the dark road forty bodies move slowly under the grass. Silent as they were, Hershey was still irritated that his men keep giving noise in the form of stomach grumbling and the particular passing of the wind by his right hand man Gunther. He'll put and end to one of those noises tonight though, as the merchant caravan inexplicably comes closer to their ambush site. Hershey had his infamous war peasants form up into two groups of twenty men each positioned on the opposite side of the road.

The caravan was passing them now. Hershey let a third of the caravan get past them before giving the order.
"Now!" Hershey bellowed.
With that the surrounding grass suddenly came to life as bodies of armed men stood up simultaneously around the caravan. ten of each side held a long rope that crosses the road between them. They pulled together and tripped about four horses, all of them the hackapells. Hershey gave himself the satisfaction of slicing down the front legs of another horse of a caravan guard with his massive sword, Fafniel. War Peasants appeared and moved so quickly that they overwhelmed the caravan guards. The hackapells, managed to fire shots from their pistols, but only one war peasant fell while most hit the shields or nothing at all in the darkness. The six remaining hackapells ran away as fast as they can; leaving the caravan guards easy prey to Hershey's hardened peasants. In less then five minutes, those guards that remained were dead.

Hershey went up to the wagon and saw his hulking friend Gunther holding up the merchant above the ground with one hand.
"Uh, what should I do with this one boss?" Asked Gunther
Hershey looked directly at the merchant's scared eyes and spoke
"Now I bet you already know that we are Swadia's War Peasants, and I  just can't let you tell that to everybody. What with that sparking a war and all."
"No! I don't know you!" replied the merchant in fear.
"Aw hell he's wetting his breeches." Noticed Gunther as he was admiring the gold bag tied on the merchant's belt.
"I can think up of someone else that's more gross." said Hershey to Gunther with smirk. Turning to the merchant, "You don't? Well now you know. Kill him."
With that Gunther squeezed the poor merchant's neck.
Hershey found all his war peasants staring at him and Gunther with nervous eyes. Hershey quickly changed the mood by bellowing out: "Alright boys! You hungry?"
With that the war peasants' mood changed. "Yes!"
"Well, I present to you, the finest cheese in the world, Halmarian Cheese!"
"Hurrah!"

With a lantern in his hand, Hershey lead his war peasants to the back of the wagon and took a look inside.
Inside the wagon the lantern illuminated, instead of packs of cheese, bearded faces. All of these faces had cheese crumbs on their beards as well as their bodies giving off a yellowish sheen, no doubt butter smeared all over them. Hershey and his war peasants rubbed their eyes. The cheese men inside were all smiling now. Hershey recognized the man on the middle of the butter smeared armed group.
"Furgilforson!"
"Hello Hershey. I'm BACK!"
Furgilforson quickly hefted and swung his giant sword Iselberg. It sliced through the cloth roof of the wagon and went straight for Hershey's head. Hershey managed to pull out his own sword and block it.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
It is being deployed at the site of Valley's Forge, the Lion Throne's first major triumph over the Swadians. And while my drawing skills limit how ornate it is, there will be a fair bit of religious art, so don't fret.

And that is actually exactly the same ****ing thing I was thinking, Furyfire. Holy ****.

I wonder what Jan Boruta could do with it...

A shot the size of a small house eh? That seems kind of unrealistic, but I could imagine many elephants towing it up the hill, and many cranes lifting or attempting to lift it at least.

But every time I think of the Aurora cannon I fantasize Mondo in all his pride swinging his sword forward and ordering the cannon to fire. As it does the blast shakes the whole mountain and unnerves the elephants and horses, as they look upon the great city of Vienna a smirk across Mondo's face, the cannon ball falls short a few ticks, or over shoots the city completely.

Long pause

Mondo: "....SH**!!!"

A cannon of this magnitude would probably take days to prepare, I remember the Turkish bombard taking many hours, and this would dwarf it completely? Also I wonder how many times the cannon could fire before it cracked and became useless.

Also if the Aurora cannon succeeds it would be nice to see a custom model of Vienna with a huge gaping hole in the wall, and depress pouring down for the next add on, if there will be another.

Yeah, it was hardly designed with realism in mind. The idea was just take a great bombard, and increase it's size by 100.  :razz: But yeah, I don't think anyone expects it to be that accurate, regardless.

Probably three days to load up a shot. And munitions don't come cheap either, being composed of a massive amount of iron, steel and gunpowder as well as many hours being refined by metallurgists; add to that the months of praying and blessing the sacred oils that will shower the entire ball. But either way, they'll just need one shot at Vienna's wall and its pretty much end game for the Vienna.

Mondo? Just a speculation, but I believe that Mondo sees the Aurora cannon as an affront to his pride, another thing that the Pope has done to imply that He is losing his faith to Mondo.. That Mondo is becoming incompetent by the hour, so the Pope believes, that's why he sent the Zalera and the Red Haired *****.. Just a speculation basing on D'Sparil's lore so far..

I figured there would be a blackpowder silo that is ramped up the hill, then a chute is popped out and they pour the powder in.

And I figured that the Aurora cannon would be Mondo's last resort, if you will. If it works, and succeeds in bringing down the walls of Vienna, he will keep his place as First Deva. If not, then he would be forced to commit ritual suicide to make way for the next First Deva.

I would say it would be used in a more of a last march on the HSE gathering all the forces of the lion throne and finally killing all the heretics  :lol:
  and i dont think mondo would march on Vienna a final time without knowing he could win

If all of calradia had been conquered by LT.What will happen next?
I guessed that the Cold War between overseas nations such as Lauria and Haelmar against LT will start. and fightings will be mostly on the Obello sea.

Back
Top Bottom