TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

Simply awesome! I tip my hat at you good sir!
I rather like the half Swedish, half German sounding names.
Venitius said:
A Treatise on Hälmarian Cheeses and Teas.

By Master Cheesemaker Iohann Gustaf Lindberg and Master Archivist of the Hälmar Tea Association Christian Terrson Berg.

CHEESES

The Hälmarian way of making cheese is much alike the normal way, but the quality of the cheese comes from the goats and cows from which the milk has been taken from. These animals have been breeded by countless generations to provide an unrivaled variety of tastes and textures. The hardy grasses in Nordland provide incredibly mature cheeses, with those in the ice caves near the Cheefsoborg Glacier, which provide a unique texture and maturity unrivalled. The Hälmarian and Berthe grasses often provide a medium or strong maturity to the cheeses, and the Bermianese grasses mainly provide a soft and stringy texture. All of these add to the great skill of the Haelmarian Cheesemakers.

LIGHT CHEESES

Manor (Magnortroppentein) Cheese

A sweet, light cheese made from cow's milk, it is rarely eaten in the Hälmarian Army and is normally eaten as a snack in the homeland. Its alternative name comes from the inventor, the 3rd Count of Magnortroppentein.

Gorvennian Cheese

A light, easily spread cheese made from goat's milk. Often served with crackers in Hälmarian Cheese and Tea Houses. Every village, town or city in the Hälmar Union has at least one of these Cheese and Tea Houses.

Mottafremianberg "Old Fransaborg" Cheese

Similar to Mozzarella, this cheese, originating from the village of Mottafremian, under the Mottafremianberg, is a semi-soft cow's cheese using Bermianese cheese. Famous as the staple diet of the Fransaborg Garrison, keeping them alive and letting them live through every siege they have gone through.

Brungotten Cheese

A brownish semi-soft cheese originating from Northern Hälmar, and is occasionally used as a substitute for butter. Often melted and used in cheese in toast. When it melts, it turns yellowy-orange. Official Cheese of the 55th Regiment (Nythander) of Foot (Brungotten's).

Karenböthen Cheese

A creamy cheese that after a long time solidifies to an incredibly hard texture that originates from the Berthe-Nordland border. It is a popular cheese among the White Wolves, descendants of Nords and Nordic mercenaries.

MEDIUM CHEESES

Hälmarian Cheddar (Hälcheddaren)

The Hälmarian version of Cheddar, it varies in texture and maturity depending upon the region. Can vary from semi-hard to hard, and is a popular cheese. Often eaten by the Army.

Blue Ostferren

An adaptation of a Swadian Cheese, this strong cheese is produced on the borders of the lands of Hälmar, Berthe and Nordland. This border cheese is popular among the younger Hackapell Regiments.

Caccitridestom Cheese

After the Eridanian Republic declared war on Hälmar, the Hälmarians swept down and captured the eastern territories of the Republic with its newly reformed army, with the full might of the nobility's knights and new musket technology. Hälmar made peace, and allied with Eridania after offering some land from the Alma Mater and from the Republic of Zena, newly captured from the Laurians and their Bermianese protectorates. Since then, relations between the two nations have improved, especially after the ports burgeoning trade from Haelmarian colonies in the New World.

Hälmarian and Eridanian Auxilliary Skirmishers are known to prefer this unique cheese from Eridania which is semi-hard and has the unique Bermianese texture mixed with strong Haelmarian milk.

Livebernian Cheese

This blue cheese is stringy but strong, and is the favourite cheese of Southern Nord-Berthe Dragoon Regiments. This easily produced cheese was originally the staple diet of the fledgling colonies in the New World.

Berjägarethänen Cheese

The cheese of the Berthe Jägers, this quite substantial cheese for a Berthe cheese, is said to improve accuracy while shooting with Jäger rifles after eating it. This cheese is in theory a Cheddar as it uses the Cheddaring process. This never has been proved, but the Berthe Jägers are known to fight much better after eating this cheese. Its unique process involves hammering it several times with a Jäger Rifle's stock by a drunk Sergeant-Major and then being buried underground for a long time in Northern Haelmar, as well as the standard Cheddaring process.

HARD CHEESES

Vällterbootethen (Västerboot) Cheese

This cheese is a hard cheese that takes at least a year to age. It is made from cheese and is also similar to Cheddar. Originally originating from the Central Hälmarian town of Vällterbootethen, the Calradians from the Hälmar Union's territories in Calradia called it after the capital of Hälmarian power in Calradia, and the capital of the province, Västerboot.

Jaemtlander Cheese

This hard cheese is popular among the Union's Merchant Navy and Merchants due to its thickness and long preservation time. Named after the island city of Jaemtland, it is notable for its bitterness due to the soil of the island.

Norderennen

This strong and hard Nordic Cheese is very popular among the Nordic regiments and is wide spread among the armed forces due to its resilience.

Cheefsoborg

This cheese is the cheese of Jarl Furgilforson's Maelstrom company and is named after the Glacier near the ice caves where the hardly cows and goats that produce this cheese chew on the unique grass to make this unique texture and maturity.

A/N: Will do the teas tomorrow.

Nikephoros said:
Venitius said:
A Treatise on Hälmarian Cheeses and Teas.

By Master Cheesemaker Iohann Gustaf Lindberg and Master Archivist of the Hälmar Tea Association Christian Terrson Berg.

CHEESES

The Hälmarian way of making cheese is much alike the normal way, but the quality of the cheese comes from the goats and cows from which the milk has been taken from. These animals have been breeded by countless generations to provide an unrivaled variety of tastes and textures. The hardy grasses in Nordland provide incredibly mature cheeses, with those in the ice caves near the Cheefsoborg Glacier, which provide a unique texture and maturity unrivalled. The Hälmarian and Berthe grasses often provide a medium or strong maturity to the cheeses, and the Bermianese grasses mainly provide a soft and stringy texture. All of these add to the great skill of the Haelmarian Cheesemakers.

LIGHT CHEESES

Manor (Magnortroppentein) Cheese

A sweet, light cheese made from cow's milk, it is rarely eaten in the Hälmarian Army and is normally eaten as a snack in the homeland. Its alternative name comes from the inventor, the 3rd Count of Magnortroppentein.

Gorvennian Cheese

A light, easily spread cheese made from goat's milk. Often served with crackers in Hälmarian Cheese and Tea Houses. Every village, town or city in the Hälmar Union has at least one of these Cheese and Tea Houses.

Mottafremianberg "Old Fransaborg" Cheese

Similar to Mozzarella, this cheese, originating from the village of Mottafremian, under the Mottafremianberg, is a semi-soft cow's cheese using Bermianese cheese. Famous as the staple diet of the Fransaborg Garrison, keeping them alive and letting them live through every siege they have gone through.

Brungotten Cheese

A brownish semi-soft cheese originating from Northern Hälmar, and is occasionally used as a substitute for butter. Often melted and used in cheese in toast. When it melts, it turns yellowy-orange. Official Cheese of the 55th Regiment (Nythander) of Foot (Brungotten's).

Karenböthen Cheese

A creamy cheese that after a long time solidifies to an incredibly hard texture that originates from the Berthe-Nordland border. It is a popular cheese among the White Wolves, descendants of Nords and Nordic mercenaries.

MEDIUM CHEESES

Hälmarian Cheddar (Hälcheddaren)

The Hälmarian version of Cheddar, it varies in texture and maturity depending upon the region. Can vary from semi-hard to hard, and is a popular cheese. Often eaten by the Army.

Blue Ostferren

An adaptation of a Swadian Cheese, this strong cheese is produced on the borders of the lands of Hälmar, Berthe and Nordland. This border cheese is popular among the younger Hackapell Regiments.

Caccitridestom Cheese

After the Eridanian Republic declared war on Hälmar, the Hälmarians swept down and captured the eastern territories of the Republic with its newly reformed army, with the full might of the nobility's knights and new musket technology. Hälmar made peace, and allied with Eridania after offering some land from the Alma Mater and from the Republic of Zena, newly captured from the Laurians and their Bermianese protectorates. Since then, relations between the two nations have improved, especially after the ports burgeoning trade from Haelmarian colonies in the New World.

Hälmarian and Eridanian Auxilliary Skirmishers are known to prefer this unique cheese from Eridania which is semi-hard and has the unique Bermianese texture mixed with strong Haelmarian milk.

Livebernian Cheese

This blue cheese is stringy but strong, and is the favourite cheese of Southern Nord-Berthe Dragoon Regiments. This easily produced cheese was originally the staple diet of the fledgling colonies in the New World.

Berjägarethänen Cheese

The cheese of the Berthe Jägers, this quite substantial cheese for a Berthe cheese, is said to improve accuracy while shooting with Jäger rifles after eating it. This cheese is in theory a Cheddar as it uses the Cheddaring process. This never has been proved, but the Berthe Jägers are known to fight much better after eating this cheese. Its unique process involves hammering it several times with a Jäger Rifle's stock by a drunk Sergeant-Major and then being buried underground for a long time in Northern Haelmar, as well as the standard Cheddaring process.

HARD CHEESES

This cheese is a hard cheese that takes at least a year to age. It is made from cheese and is also similar to Cheddar. Originally originating from the Central Hälmarian town of Vällterbootethen, the Calradians from the Hälmar Union's territories in Calradia called it after the capital of Hälmarian power in Calradia, and the capital of the province, Västerboot.

Jaemtlander Cheese

This hard cheese is popular among the Union's Merchant Navy and Merchants due to its thickness and long preservation time. Named after the island city of Jaemtland, it is notable for its bitterness due to the soil of the island.

Norderennen

This strong and hard Nordic Cheese is very popular among the Nordic regiments and is wide spread among the armed forces due to its resilience.

Cheefsoborg

This cheese is the cheese of Jarl Furgilforson's Maelstrom company and is named after the Glacier near the ice caves where the hardly cows and goats that produce this cheese chew on the unique grass to make this unique texture and maturity.

A/N: Will do the teas tomorrow.

First i laughed.

Then i seriously wondered what would freud say about this  :mrgreen:

Young boys go through a stage where they sexually desire their cheeses?
Anyways, that was actually pretty awesome. Now we know how the Haelmar Union affords to colonize the worst part of Calradia. With cheese money!

By the way, there isn't anything about the Stradiotti and Scorridori mercenaries, is there? I've been writing a bit about them.

Toffey said:
By the way, there isn't anything about the Stradiotti and Scorridori mercenaries, is there? I've been writing a bit about them.

Mr. Nikephoros was supposed to take care of that a long time ago, but he never did  :mad:

I completely ROFL.

Berjägarethänen Cheese

"Hauptmann Schiefler, explain yourself! What is this cheese you feed your company?"

"Ah it came from the lands of Halmar, they say special nutrients from it improve eye sight and hand-eye coordination?"

Looks at grumbling Kaiserlichers behind the Hauptmann. "FOOL! Don't you know that it only becomes effective when you are DRUNK?"

"So heneral, what you are saying is that we give booze along with the Berjaga-something Cheese to our troops? Oh I have just the thing, I have recently raided a bandit camp and -"

Slaps the hauptmann with his gloves. "We are not Berthe! Besides your orders for these cheese is expending a lot of military denars. Three Lashes of the cat for you!"

FuryFire said:
The Duchy needs a place to name itself to because a Duchy still clings to the old monarchy or feudalistic styles, very common.

Ducal would suit fine for the moment, since what I call them probably won't stick (on the lore I'm working on).

Amazing feat of cheesyness Venitius! Laughed my ass off.. I guess you got your fill of mentioning cheese in lore for the next 2 weeks or so.. :p

D'Sparil said:
After reading that I'm pretty sure the people of Haelmar take a **** once a month at most.

:lol:

Venitius said:

This cheese is a hard cheese that takes at least a year to age. It is made of cheese and is similar to Cheddar. Originally originating from the Central Hälmarian town of Vällterbootethen, the Calradians from the Hälmar Union's territories in Calradia called it after the capital of Hälmarian power in Calradia, and the capital of the province, Västerboot.

Let me get this straight ... The cheese is actually made of cheese ?  :???:  I have a feeling that something is wrong here

I remember what you said about Västerboot Venitius.. On the other hand, saying a cheese is made from cheese is not that wrong because processed cheeses like Cheddar are "made of cheese" so you might wanna change it back, lest the peasantry here start rumoring that Venitius is misusing his status as moderator  :razz:

originally originating?  :smile: Haha, you are a funny guy Venitius, but don't mind my nit-picking , I just like to tease people once in a while.

Unfortunately, there won't be lore from me for a long time, because my laptop is broken and I'm confined to a 10-year old PIII 566 Mhz 256MB RAM relic which barely manages to run firefox properly. So I can't play the game and when I can't do that there is no inspiration for a story..

I do have a suggestion for anyone who wants to write one though:
I originally wanted to write about new goods from the New World that were introduced by Laurians to Calradia.
One of which was referenced by me in Symmachus the Retired: Laurian Potatoes.
One can imagine many more things that could have been brought over so perhaps someone can write about the discoveries and exploits of the Laurian explorers in those new lands with unknown riches.

D'Sparil said:
Toffey said:

Mr. Nikephoros was supposed to take care of that a long time ago, but he never did  :mad:

Well, i did, but i was shy and i never wrote it down.

Jokes aside, in "my" lore (read, in SfB), scorridori are simply bermianese (communal) light skirmishing cavalry, as they were supposed to be in the first place.

Stradioti (with one t. Because the second T makes them sound like some sort of old rude small-town seaman, to me) are different.

They are supposed to be the descendants of mylesians settlers forced to move from their homeland at the times of the Ellisian Empire, after a rebellion.

They were settled in the most faraway province, Bermia Ulterior, at the border with the frozen lands of Haelmar, between what is now the HU and the Eridanian Republic, whose Doges decided to hire them in great numbers as scouts, flankers and raiders.

After the Laurian conquest, the Republic, as a puppet state, was forced to send soldiers to help the invasion of Calradia. But here, again, they behaved as "warriors", rather than "soldiers", and afther a mutiny, Imelda decided to expel them from her army.

And here they are now, in Calradia, jobless warriors seeking for employment.

Actually, at one stage i even thought of adding them as a faction of their own right, but in the end i just boosted their stats. Now they are quite effective as a light-medium cavalry, if you ask me.

May I happily present to you;

Recruitment and Training of the Brigadier Legions of the Radiant Cross

It has been three hundred thousand, two hundred forty nine years since the creation of the world by the great deity Filaharn, and for the first time since man scattered to populate the Earth, we are close to near total belief in the power of Filaharn among the peoples of the Earth. But this is not just due to it’s inherent superiority over the petty religions of the resident peoples, or the holiness of the Pope. It is due to the Lion Throne’s ability to take any among it’s populace, and train him into the strongest, the fastest, the most formidable soldier in the world. Weak foreign observers may feel that our methods are “crude” or “barbaric”, but we didn’t conquer the world through pampering our soldiers. Look into the eyes of any Brigadier, and you will see a lean hunger for battle, and to bring justice to the non-believers. Through this, they have carried the Radiant Cross to all corners of the Bloodfalls.

However, for the Brigadier Legions to be at full strength, every man within the Lion Throne heartland must have the strength and skill to go into battle even before recruitment. This is maintained through the local Crusade orders, who, in tandem with local clergy, make sure their male populace is ready to be called up at any moment, and instill a strong patriotism and healthy belief in the power of Filaharn among the citizens. Among some settlements and Crusade orders, even the women are trained with the use of the bow, should events become so dire for the warriors of the true faith that their supply of men becomes scarce.  There are two days each week, at the beginning and end of the week, to lay down their domestic craft and dedicate to training with the entire community, under the careful supervision of the local Crusade chapter master. In addition to these days, there is to be at least one hour of training taken upon the individual to train with the sword and shield every day.

Finally, when the time comes for new Brigadier legions to be called up, or current ones to be replenished, riders in the hundreds are sent out from the capital at Galius to every settlement, with orders to recruit a certain number of their best soldiers to be sent to war. With the aid of the yearly census, each recruiter is assigned the appropriate quota of men to call up from each settlement, be it merely a dozen soldiers, or a thousand. Due to the fierce support garnered from each settlement due to the clergies fervent efforts, every man who can fight is eager to join the Brigade in it’s next crusade into new lands. Thus quotas are quickly filled, often in a single day, as it is considered a great honor, commemorated with a festival each year in honor of each soldier the settlement has dedicated to the war. And for those with more material goals, the prospects are great: a weak enemy, fat towns, good loot, and fair pay. And is a duty for the Pope to make sure that the fields of the settlement are taken care of: for every man that is dedicated to the front, a slave is sent to take his place. Thus, the family with the most slaves is the most revered, for their dedication to Filaharn.

Once the recruits are gathered from all the settlements, the familiar training they received for most of their lives is increased tenfold. Constant training, drilling, parading, fighting, practicing, and disciplining fills each day to the brim. Rests are few, and watch duty overwhelming. The slightest insubordination is punished with a beating, which is proportional to the offence. Direct insubordination, such as striking a superior, is met with death, which may or may not be dealt out immediately by the present officer. Exemplary service is rewarded with a front line position on the formation, for the Pope teaches that the more heathens one slays, the greater your position will be in the afterlife, and perhaps a chance at Elysium, a chance that men will kill in the thousands to achieve. Through weather fair or foul, sun or rain, wind or still, the recruits will march, through mud, dust, sand, foliage, and dale, all with the burden of lead weights. Through these harsh endeavors, they will reach their goal: initiation into the ranks of the Brigade of the Radiant Cross, and their own set of plate armor, emblazoned with the mark of the Lion Throne. And while for the most part, the higher offices are occupied by the nobility, there are many recorded times where a simple citizen has climbed his way through the ladder to the top. This promotes great bravery and skill among the common members of the Brigade, all trying to make it to the rank of Proprugnator, and even Hand of the Pope. There once was a villager, who, through some of the fiercest fighting the world has ever seen, and the endorsement of Filaharn, reached the esteemed, the most holy rank of First Deva. And what was once before may come again.

Through the skill of ours blades, the quality of our armor, the vigor of our Brigadiers, and the will of Filaharn, we have carved an empire greater than any in the history of the world. And with our continued faith in the Radiant Cross, the world may be united under Filaharn once more.

FILAHARN VULT,

Third Deva of Filaharn, Celahorn Augusto

Awesome..

Would you like to add brainwashing with that?

The Vindication

Years of battle will eventually alter a brigadier. They say you can distinguish a propugnator and a brigadier by looking at their eyes. Loosing their souls completely to Filaharn, looking at their eyes you'll only see a determined glare to exact absolution to non believers and a constant yearning to die gloriously for Filaharn, for only in doing so, he will be secured in Filaharn's army when the final war of the end time comes.  The process is called 'the vindication', where first signs of it automatically makes a brigadier candidate for propugnator honors.  Those who do not loose their sanity during the process will be often bolstered to a commanding rank, while those who have will forever join the propugnators or will get accepted into the Hand's of the Pope.

Strangely there was one young man who was thought to have lost his, and has thought to have completely become a war marchine of Filaharn. His unit had fought from the South and the East of Papal Lands. After his unit being completely decimated by a recent battle against the Khergits, they were sent on a fruitless expedition further south-west where they saw not much action. Moments of solitude brought one particular man back from the brink. He quickly rose through the ranks, because of his popularity with his brethren and his extreme fervor that transcends even that of normal propugnators. It wasn't long before the aging commander of the brigade finally decided to choose him as the new commander. After being reinforced, this young new commander, who has come back from total vindication has brought his brigade to new heights of glory. Performing heroic but costly victories where a normal commander would deem as mad suicide. By the age of 30, he has attained a high rank. The man who has come back, the true propugnator deva, the bloody hand of the pope, the cleansing sword, was known as Zalera Second Deva.

Comments?

FuryFire said:
Years of battle will eventually alter a brigadier. They say you can distinguish a propugnator and a brigadier by looking at their eyes.

Years of killing orc invansions from Mordor have made men of Gondor strong and ... Wait that's the wrong story  :lol:

FuryFire said:
Awesome..

Would you like to add brainwashing with that?

Years of battle will eventually alter a brigadier. They say you can distinguish a propugnator and a brigadier by looking at their eyes. Loosing their souls completely to Filaharn, looking at their eyes you'll only see a determined glare to exact absolution to non believers and a constant yearning to die gloriously for Filaharn, for only in doing so, he will be secured in Filaharn's army when the final war of the end time comes.  The process is called 'the vindication', where first signs of it automatically makes the brigadier candidate for propugnator honors.  Those who do not loose their sanity during the process will be often bolstered to a commanding rank, while those who have will forever join the propugnators or will get accepted into the Hand's of the Pope.

Strangely there was one young man who was thought to have lost his, and has thought to have completely become a war marchine of Filaharn. His unit has fought from the South and the East of Papal Lands. After his unit being completely decimated by a recent battle against the Khergits, they were sent on a fruitless expedition further south-west where they saw not much action. Moments of solitude brought one particular man from the brink. He quickly rose through the ranks, because of his popularity with his brethren and his extreme fervor that transcends even that of normal propugnators. It wasn't long before the aging commander of the brigade finally decided to choose him as the new commander. After being reinforced, this young new commander, who has come back from total vindication has brought his brigade to new heights of glory. Performing heroic but costly victories where a normal commander would deem as mad suicide. By the age of 30, he has attained the a high rank. The man who has come back, the true propugnator deva, the bloody hand of the pope, the cleansing sword, was known as Zalera Second Deva.

Comments?

I like!

Silver Wolf said:
FuryFire said:
Years of battle will eventually alter a brigadier. They say you can distinguish a propugnator and a brigadier by looking at their eyes.

Years of killing orc invansions from Mordor have made men of Gondor strong and ... Wait that's the wrong story  :lol:
Yeah, that's what they say when they are getting drunk at taverns, but as soon as an orc shows up they get totally owned, until the handsome, killing machine, can't-touch-this hero comes into action  :neutral:

I have no skill in writing what so ever so i tried hard and came out with what i think is good id like your opinions though

Captains Log: Day 1 Battle against a Laurian assault.

- My men and I marched through jungles, mountains, and deserts to get back to our town only to find it  being sieged by Laurian invaders. My men and I posted a few hundred yards back to get a view. They were just setting up the ladders so we had a chance to hit them from there unguarded back.  I had my swordsmen gear up and my riflemen grab there equipment for it will be a long day. I told my swordsmen to charge and I went with them we ran through the dense grass to the enemy lines and smacked into them. They were surprised of our encounter and turned around to fight us off. One by one we were beating the enemy down but they clearly had more skill than us. Finally our riflemen atop the walls of the town opened fire. The enemy was getting slaughtered from gunfire to the back and being cut down by our swords. Soon after hours of Long and Hard combat we had defeated our enemy at the cost of hundreds of my men and more of my allies. The enemy suffered a lot more and retreated with a few hundred men left. We celebrated the day in the local tavern my Commanders and I. Talked it over and had a great time.

- End of Captains Log.   

:razz:

Dtay08 said:
I have no skill in writing what so ever so i tried hard and came out with what i think is good id like your opinions though

Captains Log: Day 1 Battle against a Laurian assault.

- My men and I marched through jungles, mountains, and deserts to get back to our town only to find it  being sieged by Laurian invaders. My men and I posted a few hundred yards back to get a view. They were just setting up the ladders so we had a chance to hit them from there unguarded back.  I had my swordsmen gear up and my riflemen grab there equipment for it will be a long day. I told my swordsmen to charge and I went with them we ran through the dense grass to the enemy lines and smacked into them. They were surprised of our encounter and turned around to fight us off. One by one we were beating the enemy down but they clearly had more skill than us. Finally our riflemen atop the walls of the town opened fire. The enemy was getting slaughtered from gunfire to the back and being cut down by our swords. Soon after hours of Long and Hard combat we had defeated our enemy at the cost of hundreds of my men and more of my allies. The enemy suffered a lot more and retreated with a few hundred men left. We celebrated the day in the local tavern my Commanders and I. Talked it over and had a great time.

- End of Captains Log.   

:razz:

^cute ending.

How the captain managed to sneakily sneak through to a few hundred yards of the Laurian siege camp, is beyond me though.
Anyway, such things are possible the game so whatever..

Back
Top Bottom