TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

So the secret to being a good TEATRC writer is having an addiction to some weird thing.... I wonder what Boomie's addicted to?

Toffey said:
So the secret to being a good TEATRC writer is having an addiction to some weird thing.... I wonder what Boomie's addicted to?

They're onto us!
512ZX0JN8KL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I'm not much of a writer but here ye go.

The Great Highland War

There never have been a king of the Highlands until 1492 when Edward Glenn of the clan Glenn was declared the first king of the Highlands by the Gathering Of The Clans, (annual meeting of the chieftains of every clan and the former highest authority in the Highlands) after The Great Highland War (1488 – 1491). The War started shortly after the 1487 Gathering Of The Clans, where Edward Glenn, with support from seven other chieftains proposed that the clans would put aside their old grudges and unite against the growing power of Lion Throne and Swadia, and elect a king. Everyone agreed on the unification, but who to be elected the ruler of Highlands?
After hours of debate five chieftains led by Duncan MacGloihn marched off the meeting hall promising that he will not rest until Glenns head is on a spear in front of his house and his body devoured by hounds of Cuhlanh (huge watchdogs of the temple of Cuhlanh, one of the many deities of Highlanders).

In that year the Highlands were divided in three: supporters of Glenn, supporters of MacGloihn and those who couldn't decide and wanted to see who would win. Glenn had more clans behind him but they were small clans from the sparsely populated southern Highlands, but he received military support from the king of Nords, Olof the Seasick, whose sister he was married to.
The only major battle of the War was fought in the Therling Forest in spring of 1491, before there had only been minor scuffles between raiding parties.
In the morning of 10th day of 4th month of year 1491, 1000 of MacGloihn's men (including 200 Lowlander mercenaries) clashed against 600 of Glenn's men and 330 Nords (lead by king Olof himself).

To be continued.

Of The Hope Of Swadia

In the end of the 15th Century, the Once-Mighty Holy Swadian Empire laid in ruins. It's oppulent cities threatened by all sides by it's ancient, and newer, enemies. The Tsardom of Vaegirs finally united under the banner of a strong leader, whose genocide of foreigners marked the end of their subtle methods. The Lion Throne, to the south and beyond the mountains, has enough resources to fuel it's invasion and an all-out war withe very other nation on Calradia. The grudging Imperial State, fuelled by their modern ideals, tries to end the absolute rule of the old, yet still magnificent Swadian Empire. From the north, the Laurian invasion led by Queen Imelda Loeher was in the very same situation that the Throne was: with many lands under it's direct - or indirect rule, many paid for this foreign adventure of hers, "The Calradian Adventure", pretty much like the "Bermian Adventure" that Luis III did, aeons past.

Still, once Emperor Sigismund Augustus was maddened by the grief of tragedy that smote him down, all hope to the crumbling Holy Empire seemed to be vanishing. But not at all. One hope endures. Some say he is a bastard son of the Emperor, a warrior born of a palace maid after a cold winter. One who was send overseas through Obello, to Bermian.

Damn, I hate the cold. Here we are, at the Grunwalder Pass, wich in this winter unnaturally filled up with snow. As much snow that some guessed it was a part of the Tsardom Mountains that fell here, far to the south. And there they where. Far to the north, the fireplaces could be seen when the hailstorms diminished.

Today, the Deva explained that it was the will of Filaharn that fueled these storms. It's always heavenly will, he said. That if we vanquished the northerners tomorrow, maybe the snow shall melt down.

Ah, how I miss the steppes of Mylesia. The warm winds. Those where times! Before the Papal Invasion.

He was led forward, sticked by the botton end of pikes.

"Forward!" The Doppelsolder bellowed. He saw the head of the boastful Deva on a Swadian Knight's lance earlier. There were few survivors in this weird winter. Ellis was blocked by the meltdown, as the rivers and the Ergellon Lake flooded into the neighbouring villages, killing cattle and people.

There were not many survivors of the bloody battle that happened earlier. He coud see two Kara-Khitanese next to him in the line. A Ptian in his front... and... a few Brigadiers chained to the racks. How? How did these... extravagant savages managed to beat the Throne's might?

It was a strange group of ragtag warriors. Swadian Landsknecths, Doppelsoldners together with obviously Bermianese Marines. Many mercenary Besiegers and Gallowglasses were present in the 'execution' as well. As the hill went up, a group of colorful Swadian Knights awaited of the top, mounted in their fine stallions. One man in the middle of them catched his attention. Dressed in an all-black handworked armour, and with the helm closed, he stared to the group of prisioners led to his presence.

Pointing his sword to the group, the black armoured knight bellowed:

"See now the might of the Brigade!"

A chorus of laughter echoed through the snowy hills.
He pointed to the Kara-Khitan.

"Your are Khitanese, am I right?"
"You are, lord. I'm..."
"I do not want your name, dog. I guess you were the archer that felled two of my knights. Would you indulge me to awnser?"
"I was. I did shoot two riders down."
"That's it. You" He pointed to a red-dressed doppelsolder whose flamberge was as tall as himself "Cut his left hand"
"No, please... I beg mer..."

The Black Knight stared down as the soldier executed his duty. A cry of pain. A rush of blood, and the snow turned red.

"This is only the start for you, damned zealots. I'm The Black Prince, and I swear, all of your wretched race shall be cast aout of Calradia over the mountains again!"

Anyways, now that I'm back, I figured I might as well get started on that Lion Throne time line I mentioned way back. Anyone have any suggestions for the mythological beginning part of the timeline?

From the LT's perspective, history would begin with the establishment of the Throne and now that I mention it, there isn't much lore about how exactly this papal madness started in the first place. Perhaps you should begin with that if you want to have a timeline from LT's point of view.

Bunduqdari said:
From the LT's perspective, history would begin with the establishment of the Throne and now that I mention it, there isn't much lore about how exactly this papal madness started in the first place. Perhaps you should begin with that if you want to have a timeline from LT's point of view.

Precisely. What I wanted is a rather mythological, religiously themed beginning, starting with the creation of the world by Filaharn, then progressing to a somewhat Romanesque establishment of the Lion Throne, due to their lack of records concerning it's founding.

You'd have to come up with the a whole theological basis for this religion and much more. It would deplete your imagination/inspiration.
Better to cut short on the creation of the world and instead elaborate on the founding of the Papacy, which would obviously be represented as "the order of the world that filaharn intended" or something. This way you emphasize that filaharnism has no basis in human nature and only proves the "fanaticcaly decadent" aspect of this faith, corrupting the mind and playing in on man's beastly desires which is all systematicaly made to culminate in the following and -in practice- the worship of one man, the pope in the name of the Creator, Who had not given such a vile  task to mankind in the first place.

Now if you agree with me, you need to let the readers see though to the aspects I've summed up above, while still presenting all this in a LT package of self-proclaimed superiority. No problem for TDM, i think..

D'Sparil had mentioned a while ago that Filaharnism is Henotheistic, meaning that they accept the existence of the other gods, but only worship Filaharn.

Edit: Okay, due to the proselytizing nature of Filaharnism, I've deemed it more suitable to label Filaharnism as Monolatristic, meaning that even though other gods exist, only Filaharn is worthy of worship, unlike Henotheism which respects the existence and worship of other gods.

I believe boomie's description is spot on describing Filaharnism. On a side note, does anybody still remember the religion of the other factions?

Vaegirs = orthodox?
Holy Swadian Empire, IS, Lauria = seem to share a similar faith reminiscent of Catholics, probably Protestant for IS, but then again, they focus on national pride and doesn't really care much. HSE used to have inquisitors (or was it the laurians) hence I think they still have a measure of religion.
Ormeli = sun god, sun god.... that's what I heard about their leader being called, divine right, don't know.
HU = probably same as lauria, but then again they're not much into religion.

You forgot the Grand Duchy but anyway

I saw someone mentioning that the IS only believed in the Kaiser or something not in gods

Why should they all have religions similar to the culture their based on? It would be a lot more interesting to have more unique, fictional religions. Not just, God, God, God, Filaharn, God, God.

Well, I don't know about you lads, but I propose (as there is, if I recall, no mention of the religion of the Grand Duchy) that the Grand Duchy is still a quite pagan land. Due to it's mountainous and treacherous landscape, the missionaries have been largely unsuccessful in their missions to penetrate into the Duchy's heartland. I'll write up something on the matter in a bit. Post your thoughts on it, though.

Back
Top Bottom