TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

The Haelmarian Invasion of the New World, 1512.
It had been twelve years since Lauria has gone over the Great Bloodfalls and found new land. The Haelmarians formed another Expeditionary force and had gone over the Bloodfalls. Instead of turning west like the Laurians, the Haelmarians turned north west, and came across a cold land with plenty of trees. They landed, and Carl Gustav Nilsson planted the banner on the ground, crying out that this land now belonged to the Union. They then built a camp with the equipment they had brought with them, then the loyal Bermianese in their party went to chop trees, the cartographers to map the ground around them, the soldiers to guard the camp, the engineers to survey the land, and the few people left over to fish.

After a few weeks, the Haelmarians had developed their settlement with proper housing instead of tents and had built a wooden wall in the shape of a star-fort. Not long after, a shipment of immigrants had arrived. A few days earlier, one of their explorers had gotten lost, and had developed a friendship with a local. After learning the local language, he went and proposed an alliance and the local chief agreed. This tribe was part of a larger nation, the Drixtacans, and in a way unified. The explorer went back to camp. Having allied with the locals was a good move, and so the Haelmarians could mine stone at a nearby quarry without fear of the natives attacking.

A year had passed, and the small colony had grown to the size of a medium town. Many people had jobs as fur trappers or fishermen, but every man still had to know how to fight, as outlined in the Militia Ordinances of 1400. And so, during the summer, Laurians attacked the colony by sailing towards it, and then landing where it started to get cold, and so the cold and tired Laurians attacked a medium town with stone defences. The result was obvious, but the Haelmarians had lost a few, brave men. Having heard of this, the new King Iohann had sent a shipment with weapons, foods and letters of thanks and congratulations to the colony. And so the colony, New Fransaborg in the territory of New Haelmar, prospered.

The Karaites 

"Excuse me! You, by the window!" A short middle aged man stood in the middle of a Tarnowd tavern, trying to get the attention of a young man drinking by the window. The young man finished the last of his ale and looked over. He stared blankly at the short man, who had managed to get the attention of everyone else in the tavern as well. "Excuse me," repeated the short man. "You're one of those Duchy nomads, aren't you? Karrit?"
A slight grin crossed the young man's face. "Karaite. It's Karaite." he said, softly.
"Ah of course. That's what you're called in Swadia, by those  who know about your kind. I'm Adolf Benger, horse trader," said the short man quickly, sticking out his hand towards the Karaite.
"Jochi," replied the young man. His hands remained on his cup.
"Well Jochi! I came here looking for some horses to buy. They say that there are steeds as fine as the Khergit's, here in the Duchy. Raised by you Karrits, as you ride freely over the plains, roaming from place to place..."
"I live in a town." Jochi's slight grin had turned into a full smile. "Almost nobody lives like that anymore."
"Oh. I... see...." muttered Adolf. "It's just, I had heard all about the Karrit people, nomads of the Duchy, raising the finest horses, battling the Khergits in constant border wars, refusing to be tied down to one place."
"Maybe back 500 years ago, or so," replied Jochi, rolling his eyes.
"So, you don't live like that?" asked the now embarrassed Swadian.
"A few really old fashioned tribes do, but for the most part, no. Is that really what you think we're like, in Swadia?  I could tell you what we're actually like, if you want," offered the young Karaite.
"Oh. Oh yes. That sounds... good," replied the horse trader. His gazed was fixed on his feet.

"Well, we live mainly down in the south of the Grand Duchy. I'm only here to sell some of my horses. The horse part is right, at least. A lot of us still raise horses, like we did when we first arrived from the Khanate. My family owns a horse farm just outside of Lubnie."
The Swadian looked up. "Ah! Good, how much do you sell them for? I'll take a look. Where are they?" he said quickly.
"Later," replied Jochi. "Anyway, a lot of us raise horses, but we obviously have regular jobs too. Most of the towns in the south have a lot of Karaites living in them and there are even a few villages entirely populated by us. That's where most of us live, towns and villages. Very few still roam the plains. Anyway, we're not that different from the Ducal people, especially those of us who live around the towns."

"And your gods? I heard that you worship all sorts of gods, not the same one as we Swadians do, or even the Lubnites."
"And what do you think our gods are? Evil spirits that we sacrifice children to?" asked Jochi, sarcastically.
"No, not children. Just goats and the occasional prisoner of war. Although," said Adolf slowly, "I'm guessing that's wrong too."
"Yeah. We sacrifice virgins instead." The Swadian stared at Jochi, a look of utter shock covering his face. The Karaite burst out laughing. "No, we worship different spirits that deal with nature. There are spirits that control the rain, grasses, horses, birth. That sort of thing. We build little shrines for them and offer them prayers. Not," he laughed again," Not virgins."

"Alright.  What of your skills in combat? I heard that the Karrit, sorry, Karaite are as skilled in horse archery as the Khergits."
"Yeah, that's true. A lot of the Companions in the army are Karaites, and the nomadic tribes send people out to partol around the southern borders. And in the summer, we hold competitions for horse archery. Most of the Karaites in Lubnie turn out for them, and a lot of Lubnites do too," explained Jochi. "My brother's one of the best in the city, actually," continued Jochi, his voice full of pride.

"Oh, but it's getting late," said the Karaite, standing up quickly. "My horses are out back, you should come see them. I have a fine chestnut stallion for sale, that you might be interested in."
"Ah, of course," replied Adolf. "And," he added, "I'll make sure to tell the people back home that you aren't a bunch of virgin sacrificing, nomadic barbarians."
Jochi smiled. "Maybe I'll give you a discount on that stallion."

And the award for least eventful lore piece ever goes to...

Edit: Looking back, I really like Jochi. I think I'm going to write some more about him. Also, I changed the name of the majority population in the Grand Duchy from Ducals to Lubnites, to be consistent with Boomie's history of the Duchy.

Profile of Lord Colonel and Brevet Brigadier Fitzeron Rickardson
Born - 30 September 1400, Haelmar
Died - 20 June 1462, Zena, Bermia
Years of service - 1418-1462
Allegiance - Haelmar Union
Status - Nobility
Ranks - Lieutenant (141:cool:
          - Captain (1425)
          - Major (1431)
          - Lieutenant Colonel (1440)
          - Colonel (1455)
          - Breveted Brigadier (1455)
Battles - Bermianese Wars
                -Battle of Temgolva (1420)
                -Brixian League Campaign (1421-142:cool:
                -Battle of Forstolf (1430)
                -First Ronda Campaign (1431-1436)
                -Battle of Gergovulf (143:cool:
                -Second Ronda Campaign (1440-1450)
                -Battle of Zena (1462)
Commands Held - 1st Jaeger Battalion
                          - 32nd Haelmarian Regiment of Foot
                          - 7th Hackapell Regiment
                          - Borjesson's (Rickardson's) Brigade of Horse
Awards - Order of Iohann
              - Order of the Northern Crown
              - Ronda Campaigns Medal
              - Union Army of Bermia Cross

erm, you might want him to command a Jaeger/Musketeer regiment/battalion considering that Lieutenant-Generals command Corps.

The Fate of Nirdam

The wide expanse of plain rustled through the camp, as the Nirdamese Outcasts, led by Ibrahim, arguably the most famous Nirdam still living – except for Prince Yarih. In the Nirdam tongue, Ibrahim means “father of nations.” This meaning behind his name has made many believe that the fate of Nirdam lies with Ibrahim and his famed Nirdamese Outcasts. The Nirdamese are the exiled men of Nirdam, renowned for their prowess in archery, and for which the bow of a Nirdam is highly prized.

A Nirdamese sentry continues looking on the plain, certain that the rolling plains of the Grand Duchy hold no place for a man to hide. However, he is shocked when he suddenly sees a shadow, barely a few meters from him. The sentry draws his bow and knocks an arrow, shouting clearly: “what man goes there?”

The man in the shadow raises his hands in surrender, and shouts back: “the man of an exiled nation goes there.”
The sentry lowers his bow, as though getting the correct answer to his command, only to raise it a second later after the stranger has closed enough for his face to be seen. “You are definitely Nirdam, but you are not an Outcast, identify yourself! How did you know of our code?”

The Nirdam continues moving, ignoring the sentry’s call until he is barely a meter from the sentry, and can see the sentry’s face. “I am Ishmael Hazak,” states the stranger, “son of Aron and Sara, brother of Ibrahim, who is your Commander. I bring to him tales of my voyage.”

The sentry lowers his bow a little, but still looks alarmed, he calls to the camp, which has not noticed the encounter, and shouts “Ibrahim!” A quick gathering of feet is heard as the whole camp is now roused to the encounter. “Ibrahim! This Nirdam brother says he knows you, he calls himself Ishmael.”

A shout was heard from the camp, as a man came running forward shouting the name. “Ishmael? Ishmael! Where is he?” Ibrahim called, as he went through the crowd and saw the stranger named Ishmael. He let out a shout of joy as he went forward to hug his lost brother. “Ishmael! I had thought you died! We had not seen each other since... since...”
“Since the Vaegir cottage, Brother Ibrahim,” answered Ishmael, pulling back from Ibrahim’s hug.

“Ah... yes, well... come! Quick! By the fire, tell me of what you have gone through.” He pulled Ishmael through the crowd and sat him by the bonfire. He told the sentries to keep watch, but to listen closely. To the others, he told them to sit and listen. “What news from the Vaegir front, Brother Ishmael?”

Ishmael put down his bow and arrow sack, and looked at the band. He had no reaction, but continued by answering his brother’s question. “Brother Ezekiel is alive.”

A great gasp from the crowd was heard, as a Nirdam brother came forth and demanded from Ishmael: “Brother Ezekiel Dizyana, Legendary leader of the Nirdamese Resistance?”

“The very same,” answered Ishmael. A great shout of joy rang through the Nirdamese crowd. “He finds it difficult to send his men here, as they protect more and more women and children, and he barely has men to spare to protect the women and children. Luckily, your Grand Duchy has aided us with Hussars to help the women and children on their long trek through the cold mountains. Most of the refugees now live in a village near Tarnowd, financed by the Prince-Sovereign himself. Brother Ezekiel and his band have refused to return, and so has sent me after five years of his struggle to report on his activities.” Ishmael removed his helmet and boots, and accepted a plate of food from a brother Nirdam before continuing.

“In the five years of guerrilla war in Vaegir territory, the name of Ezekiel Dizyana has gained both fame and infamy. He is famous to the southern Vaegir peoples, those that live near Zenislev, the separatist nobles who secretly hate the Tsar. His tales of defeating hundreds of Vaegirs with barely fifty men have shaken the very soul of the Vaegir nation, though it has not caused its downfall. Many Vaegirs still cling to the delusion that the Nirdam are dead, as very few Vaegirs know of their exploits. The Tsar’s men quickly remove all signs of defeat once the Nirdam threat in that area has moved on.

“Brother Ezekiel Dizyana leads the Nirdamese Resistance under the banner of Prince Yarih and that of his father, the deceased King Leiss of our Dual Monarchy. His longbowmen continue to work through the safety of forests, and his cataphracts only go out to fight in the toughest situations. Brother Ezekiel, however, continues to stay in the battle dressed as a cataphract, even if the other brothers are using their longbows. Brother Ezekiel says that the few Vaegirs that know of his existence fear the very sight of the armoured Nirdam with the banner of the dead Leiss, as though it were something back from the dead to haunt the Tsar. Some of the peasant villages have turned this into legend, the cataphract with the banner of Leiss is the item of legend not just to the Vaegirs, but also to the nearby Laurians and Holy Swadians.

“Day and Night the Nirdam Brothers and Sisters who were condemned to slavery or worse dream of freedom, and Brother Ezekiel has kept that dream alive. Brother Ezekiel continues the fight in small Vaegir villages. He tries his best not to kill regular Vaegir peasants, and makes it his first and only task to free the Nirdam slaves, to take them to his mountain hideout, and to send them here to live a free life. He fights for the freedom of all Nirdams, and of our nation.
“Their resistance has won many battles, but they have had little progress. No lord from the Vaegirs would still openly support Prince Yarih’s claim to the Vaegir throne, and so the Nirdamese Resistance only exists to rally the living Nirdamese to take them to the Grand Duchy. But Brother Ezekiel has talked many times of liberating Nirdam from the Zenislevites. Many of the Zenislevites are talking of separating themselves from the Vaegirs, the Rurik family has already announced their separation with their unity with the Ducal Orlas.”

“Then we must go to them! We must support their liberation of our Motherland!” shouted Ibrahim, as a shout of joy came from the camp.

“No, Brother Ibrahim,” answered Ishmael, putting down the untouched plate of food, “Brother Ezekiel cannot win the war with two of the greatest Nirdams in one location. No, he needs you here to continue your oath with the Prince-Sovereign. If your oath of allegiance continues, then the Duchy continues to bring support to ferry the Nirdam refugees. If you join him, then the oath may not be valid, and the support of the Duchy may turn into our second disappearance from this world. The Duchy knows too much of our way of war and life to be betrayed, Brother Ibrahim.”

“Of course, Brother Ishmael,” answered Ibrahim, “continue your tale then.”

“The Nirdamese Resistance has stayed by the mountains, staying by the forests to avoid them being attacked by large Vaegir armies in the open field instead of the forests, where they live off the land of the forests. Brother Ezekiel has requested me not to tell you where his stronghold actually is, to avoid any temptation to come to him. He has, however, requested that I tell the tale of their way of life, to show to our brothers that their lives are no different than ours.
“For those civilians who have wished to stay, they have established a community in the mountains. So far it has been undetected, and they have grown prosperous by secretly trading with the Swadians. The Swadians of Vyincourd have been friendly with Brother Ezekiel’s Resistance, though they may be the only ones that do. Word has reached me that the Swadian Lord of Vyincourd is not in good terms with the other Lords for his friendly relations with our Brothers and with the Bohemians of the nearby village of Rduna.

“When Brother Ezekiel leads expeditions to raid Slaver caravans with Nirdamese prisoners, our Brother uses castle Vyincourd as a staging point – with consent from the Lord of the castle. He has also sometimes worked with the Bohemians under Jan the Quick, attacking Vaegir caravans, and lords on rare occasions.

“The communities in the mountains are consisted of wooden houses spread out through the deepest regions of the forests. Should one encampment be found, there are plenty more encampments lurking the area. They live in wooden houses, they eat together in nightly feasts to celebrate their survival. The food is provided by the longbowmen, who regularly bring deer, the population of which is thrice more than that of the Vaegirs in Ivangorod, as their nightly game.
“Since the invasion of the Haelmarians, Brother Ezekiel’s dreams of returning the Dual Monarchy have been shattered, as the Haelmarians have occupied the rest of the Dual Monarchy’s old frozen cities. But he tells us all to look for the bright light, as he believes we may have a chance at parleying with the Haelmarians, as we have had contact with them centuries ago.

“I shall tell you of our histories: In the 13th century, the Vaegirs were a Kingdom, and in the land that is now controlled by Lauria, there lived fierce northern peoples who came from the Obello. They called themselves the Nords, and their peoples are now a part of the Haelmarian Union. In the early 14th century, with the creation of the Dual Vaegir and Nirdam monarchies, there existed a war between the fledgling Dual Monarchy and the Nords. Their claim was over the city of Wercheg, our claim was on that city as well. While the Nords were off fighting in the town of Suno – which is now called as Ulm, we besieged the city and were victorious.

“It was in that day that our two peoples met for the first time. The Lord of the city begged for a glorious death, and our Nirdam brothers could give it to them. A sally out the gates, and our Nirdam brothers raining our arrows on them, if all went well, the Nords wouldn’t even reach our lines. The battle was set-up, and the Nords charged out the gates. Our brothers were honourable, and we would stick to our word. Here then, brothers, comes the first conflict between our race and the Vaegirs.

“The Vaegir Lord present in the battle wished to charge them with his cavalry, but our Lord persisted and used his rank to deny the Vaegir his chance of a glorious charge. Our Nirdam Grandfather in that battle would have had no glory given, as in that day a battle won through the use of longbows was not found glorious, even though it was a victory still. All the glory would be given to the defeated Nords, who were coming closer while our Nirdam Grandfathers still weren’t firing at them. Suddenly, the persistent Vaegir Lord charged at the Nords, and our Nirdam Grandfathers thought this dishonourable to our agreement with the Nords, and they fired at the Vaegir cavalry.”

A great shout of joy rang through the crowd at the thought of killing dishonourable Vaegirs, and Ishmael had poetically told them this entire tale to great effect.

“The Nords charged at the remaining Vaegir cavalry, and our Nirdam Grandfathers continued firing, hitting both the Nords and the Vaegirs. After a few minutes of fighting, the Nords were victorious, but they were dead. The remaining Nords called to the Nirdams from the field to shoot them, and our brothers, honourable to the end, agreed. Our Nirdam brothers returned home the only survivors of the siege of Wercheg, no Vaegir ever knew of the story of how the siege of Wercheg was ended, only until the last living Nirdam of that battle was laying on his deathbed was the whole story known. The Vaegir Lord present at the telling of the story showed an extraordinary act for a Vaegir of our age. The loyal Tsarists would have shot the dying Nirdam, but not this man. This man defended the dying Nirdam from the guards present, who had Vaegir relatives die at that field. The Vaegir Lord sadly died, and our Nirdam Grandfather followed soon after.

“It’s these rare acts of kindness that Brother Ezekiel wants us to remember that there are some good Vaegirs. He calls for our kindness to the separatists who have joined the Grand Duchy. He calls us to stop targeting the civilian Vaegirs.”
Ishmael’s eyes suddenly glowed at Ibrahim’s direction, remembering very well how Ibrahim had shown his rage. Ibrahim nodded in understanding, and silently urged him to continue the tale.

“Brother Ezekiel urges us to remember that we are Nirdam, and with being Nirdam comes the virtues that lead our life: loyalty, honour and morality. Should a Brother forget one of these virtues, let he be subject to our code of justice, and to the justice of the Great Father, our Lord, he who created everything. We must remember that, though we live to continue fighting the Vaegirs, we must remember that it was the Great Father that kept us alive. Have faith in the Nirdamese Resistance, have faith on your own Brother and of course, have faith in the Great Father.”

Ishmael stood up and wore all his belongings. “Let us thank the Great Father, Brother Nirdamese, that we have all lived and pray to the Great Father that our lives may continue.” All the Nirdamese stood up and raised their hands with open palms to the height of their shoulders. They bowed their heads, closed their eyes and uttered silent words of prayer to the Great Father.

The Nirdamese, after a few minutes, gathered themselves from their silent vigil.  Ishmael strapped on his bow and arrow pack, and faced the group. “Sorry to say, Brother Nirdamese, that I cannot stay long. I must continue on the eternal road to everywhere, and I must continue alone. Brother Ibrahim, it has been an honour, and it shall be an honour for you to let me leave your camp without requests of joining me.”

“I shall, Brother Ishmael,” answered Ibrahim, bowing to his younger brother, and handing him a sack small enough to fit into a belt and handed them to Ishmael. “You will need these; do not open them until you are sure you need them.” Ishmael accepted the sack, and then readied himself for his departure.

“Remember Brother Nirdamese," said Ishmael, facing the crowd, "you are the fate of our nation. Look to your leaders, Brothers Ezekiel Dizyana, Ibrahim Hazak and most importantly Prince Yarih, they are shall be the Fathers of our nation, and they shall lead us to what Nirdam once was.”

“And we shall not forget,” said Ibrahim, facing his men. “We shall not forget that Brother Ishmael Hazak has held together our great nation, that he is the greatest Brother of the Fathers of the Nirdam nation.”

Ishmael bowed to his brother, and turned around, leaving camp. Before he could set foot outside on the great Ducal plains, his brother called to him. “Remember to turn back, Brother Ishmael! When the first star appears on the sky, remember to turn our direction. Your son, Ezra Hazak, is in the village of Krakiw. He is there with his wife and family, and he waits everyday for his Father.” Ishmael continued, not daring to look back, but looked at the starless sky.

A few minutes on his march, he kept looking at the sky at least once every fifteen seconds. Behind him the light of the Nirdamese camp can still be seen. And there he saw it; the first star of the sky can be seen through a rift in the clouds. Ishmael, with joy, turned around to see the camp of his Brothers. And there he saw it: at least thirty arrows can be seen with burning tips through the dark sky, arching to an unknown direction.

Ishmael suddenly had the urge to open the sack, and there he saw his surprise. In the sack was a small bottle of black oil, a strand of rope, cloth, tinder and a flint. He took out an arrow, tied the cloth and tinder with the rope and poured the bottle of oil onto the arrow. He took the tinder and striked it twice to light the arrow. He unstrapped his bow and he put all of his power on the arrow. He knew he was successful when the arrow had hit the sky, and his Brothers had seen it.

“To Krakiw,” Ishmael told himself, packing his bow, leaving the sack on the ground and continuing on his direction.

It's been a while since we've had anything Nirdamese related - Boomie

Damn, so much happened here, so much has been added I think I won't manage to read and remember it all! I hope I will, though :smile:

Welcome back Jan!

EDIT=
And there was much rejoicing.
rejoicing.jpg

Oh, and when I found this out, I was listening to some lively music, which is a coincidence!

jan_boruta said:
Damn, so much happened here, so much has been added I think I won't manage to read and remember it all! I hope I will, though :smile:

That reminds me of a dream about TEATRC, where I was reading a book collection of all the lore and it was the size of a dictionary.
And hurray, Jan is back!

Probably is about the size of at least two. I mean, have you seen how long the stories are? I mean, Symmachus has 7 parts, Ellisian Spearman has 5 Parts, not finished, Fate of Nirdam is incredibly long, most of my battles are 5 paragraphs long, and the load of other lore pieces are also long when all the parts are combined (many are a continuation of a previous text).

I'm happy too! :grin: And there's more, I started a new drawing... another naval battle, as in the beginning! Hope I will finish it soon, the sketch is mostly ready and I'm starting applying the shading right away :grin:

I hope I'll find some spare time between studying and my woman so I can read all this fabulous stuff :grin:

Changes

Visela, a village of about 300 people was said to have been founded 1600 years ago by a retired Ellisian general. The great villa where he lived still stood at the top of the hill overlooking Visela. Now, the village elder lived in it, who claimed to be a direct descendent of the great general. The fact that the general only had one illegitimate daughter was rarely mentioned. In the 1600 years since the ancient general had founded the village, very little had changed there. The Ellis Empire had risen and fallen, but the villagers still grew apples, wheat and grapes and tended chickens just as they always had.
Tending chickens was exactly what Verenze was doing one morning in the early spring of 1495. The swarthy young man threw seeds out to the birds, who flocked around him, eager for their meal. Nearby, a slightly older and much stockier man leaned against the wall of the chicken coop.
"Did you hear from Belno about the Swadians?" asked the older man.
"No, Micel. What happened?" replied the younger.
"About a month ago, those southern people came in a drove them all out of Ellis," continued Micel. The words meant very little to either of them. Ellis was in itself a huge land that they could never hope to see all of. Swadians were invaders from an exotic, far away nation and the idea of the great southern empire was almost incomprehensible. Still they and everyone in the village always listened intently to the news from Belno the merchant, about the deeds of emperors and soldiers. "And what's more," added Micel, excitedly, "Is that the southerners, are going around to all the towns and villages. He said that they'll be here by next week!"
Verenze finished feeding the chickens. "That will interesting. Now, can you help me bring the chickens inside?"

A week later, the southerners showed up, right on time. Almost everyone in the village lined the road, staring at the line of 20 men as they walked towards the great villa. Verenze stood with his wife Lucella, a thin, short young woman and Micel, his brother. "They're so dark," whispered Lucella. Verenze noticed it too. The brown tone of the southerners made his deeply tanned skin look almost pale. But what was more striking were the eyes of the man leading them. They almost looked like those of a corpse, staring blankly into nothing. The three Ellisians continued to stare as the southerners moved farther and farther up the road.

That night, the village gathered together again, on the field in front of the chapel. The elder walked out in front of them, the strange eyed leader of the southerners walking alongside him. The elder, already a small man appeared even more diminutive next to the southerner. "Well, everyone," began the elder, "These men come from the λάί...  the λάί..." He struggled with the name. "They come from a land which means Lion Throne. The late Emperor Nikephoros was a friend to them and now they have returned to save us from the Swadians." Being saved from the Swadians meant very little to the people of Visela. All that had changed when they were occupied by the Swadians was who came to collect the harvest and taxes. "Also, they have come to save our souls from an even greater danger. The... the evil demons we worshipped as gods." The elder said the final sentence quickly and monotonously, his eyes cast down as he spoke it. "We now must follow the light of Filaharn, the true god and saviour of our spirits. Truly we are blessed to escape from the sinful ignorance of our ancestors." His voice kept it's monotonous tone.
The leader of the southerners stepped forward. He spoke loudly with a strange accent, "You have been saved from the sinful path you followed. Now may the flames which purify this village also purify your souls!" With that several of the other southerners came forward with burning torches. They hurled them into and on top of the chapel. Within minutes, the entire building, dedicated to the worship of the Ellisian pantheon, was in flames. The southerners walked away, towards the camp they had set up earlier outside the villa, leaving the building to burn. The people of Visela stared blankly at the burning chapel. Lucella and Verenze stood close, holding each other and staring slack-jawed while Micel began to pray loudly to the Ellisian gods for mercy. In front of all of them the elder shook, trying to hold in his sobs. Change had come at last.

May be continued...

Profile of Brigadier and Brevet Major General Björn Harnstaag
Born: - 27th August, 1452, Närke, Northern Hälmar.
Years of Service: - 1464 – Present
Allegiance: - Hälmar Union
Class/Status: - Middle Class
Ranks held:    - Ensign (1464)
                        - Lieutenant (1470)
                        - Captain (1472)
                        - Major (1477)
                        - Lieutenant Colonel (1483)
                        - Colonel (1496)
                        - Brigadier (1497)
                        - Brevet Major General (1500)

Campaigns Participated: - Hälmar Territory Campaigns (1464-1468, 1475-1476)
                                      - Nordland Campaign (1464-1465)
                                      - Defence of Fransaborg (1466)
                                      - Hyrmadon Campaign (1467-146:cool:
                                      - Second Defence of Fransaborg (1475-1476)
                                      - Hälmarian Expeditionary Force to Bermia(1470-1474, 1476-1494)
                                        - Fanum Campaign (1470-1473)
                                        - March to the Obello Sea (1474)
                                        - Two Hundred Days' Campaign (1474)
                                        - Brixian Trenches Campaign (1476-1480)
                                        - Verendian Campaign (1482-1486)
                                        - Second Ardensfjord Campaign (1486-1487)
                                        - Third Ardensfjord Campaign (1487-1490)
                                        - Fourth Ardensfjord Campaign (1490-1494)
                                        - Hälmarian Expeditionary Force to Calradia (1495–Present)
                                        - Bielomor Campaign (1495)
                                        - Rieksvar Entrenchments (1496-1497)

Commands Held: - 52th Närke Volunteer Regiment of Foot
                            - Harnstaag's Regiment of Foot
                            - Harnstaag's Brigade
                            - Harnstaag's Division

Awards:  - Military Cross
                - Haelmarian Expeditionary Force to Bermia Medal
                - Haelmarian Expeditionary Force to Calradia Medal
                - Siege of Fransaborg Medal with Two Clasps
                - Bravery Medal with Two Bars
                - Ardensfjord Star
                - General Service Award
                - Bermianese Campaigns Medal with Oak Leaves and Five Clasps

(Yeah I know about the medals. I was going to give him Swords with the BCM, but I decided not to.)

jan_boruta said:
I'm happy too! :grin: And there's more, I started a new drawing... another naval battle, as in the beginning! Hope I will finish it soon, the sketch is mostly ready and I'm starting applying the shading right away :grin:

I hope I'll find some spare time between studying and my woman so I can read all this fabulous stuff :grin:

Welcome back Jan  :smile:

I was bored, so I decided to this:

Freisingberger March, an adaptation of the Hohenfriedberger March to more Imperial State-influenced version.

To the Schwerin Dragoons!
To the Guards of the Leviath'n!
Sharpen your sabre,
And prepare for battle!
The Kaiser has appeared
On Freisingberg's Heights
To review the great Swadches Heer.

Come comrades, be brave,
And fight for the Reich.
To the Guards of the Leviathan.

Come comrades, be brave,
And fight for the Reich.

To the Guards of the Leviath'n!
With Caliver and Sword
Conquer Calradia!
Dress the ranks, my comrades,
Forward for your peers,
Advance, and onwards
Marches the glorious Heer.

Come comrades, be brave,
And fight for the Reich.

Come comrades, be brave,
And fight for the Reich.

(I'm not German by the way, and I know this is rubbish.)

I think I'll have one of the Brigadiers move in with Verenze. They'll be the original odd couple!

Verenze: Did you feed the chickens?
Brigadier: Oh, feed the chickens? I thought you said flay the chickens!
Verenze: Not again! *Laughter*

Back
Top Bottom