TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

FuryFire said:
I'm not saying make it less warhammery. After all, the mod was created from warhammer.... and beer..... lots of it...
Hmmm... I think I finally know, how to make the next expansion come out much earlier: Let's all donate lots of beer to D'Sparil :grin:

Where did you get that impression? TEATRC is based off a lot of things, but Warhammer ain't one of them.

He make this mod like Warhammer (Different Civilizations clash with each other). There are something like Warhammer such as Holy Swadian Empire that's Look like Empire in WH Fantasy.

So you're saying that real life is like Warhammer? Because in real life different civilizations clash with each other. I think it would be more realistic to say that the mod and Warhammer are based off of real life stuff.

toonknight said:
He make this mod like Warhammer (Different Civilizations clash with each other). There are something like Warhammer such as Holy Swadian Empire that's Look like Empire in WH Fantasy.

No. It's based off the Holy Roman Empire in Europe. The Vaegirs are based off 16th century Russia. The Imperial State is based off 19th Century Prussia. The Ormeli are based off the 16th Century Ottoman Empire. The Laurians are based (for the most part) on 16th Century Spain. And the Lion Throne is based off D'Sparil's drunken ramblings, though it is (partly) based on a very powerful, incredably rich Roman Empire. And the setting (Different Civilizations clash with each other) is based off Native.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
toonknight said:

No. It's based off the Holy Roman Empire in Europe. The Vaegirs are based off 16th century Russia. The Imperial State is based off 19th Century Prussia. The Ormeli are based off the 16th Century Ottoman Empire. The Laurians are based (for the most part) on 16th Century Spain. And the Lion Throne is based off D'Sparil's drunken ramblings, though it is (partly) based on a very powerful, incredably rich Roman Empire. And the setting (Different Civilizations clash with each other) is based off Native.
Empire in Warhammer is also based on HRE.

toonknight said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
toonknight said:

Empire in Warhammer is also based on HRE.

Your point being?

Yay for on topic.

Another short one, most will be.

The Story of an Ellisian Spearman Chpt.4

Sam brought his blade to his side, and then faced the soldiers behind him. They drew their weapons and began to slowly walk toward him, menacing looks on their faces. Sam turned around and ran to the back room, the soldiers started walking toward it.

Sam burst in, “The—an---then---Swadian—help-soldiers-Paladin---home—friend--.”

“Calm down boy!” The inn owner said, “Slowly this time.”

Sam panted for a moment, took a deep breath, and said, “More enemies have arrived, a lot of them too.”

The inn owner cursed, “Alright, let’s run out the back door,” he pointed to the door next to him. “And make our escape.” The group nodded and Sam peeked through the door. He gave a small all clear signal, then kicked it open. Everyone ran out toward several horses that were in a small barn area nearby. In moments, several of the soldiers were right behind them, and five guards nearby grabbed their rifles.

Sam turned and yelled out, “Heads up!” The riflemen aimed and fired. The inn owner clutched his chest and his eldest daughter fell backward. The inn owner’s wife screamed and ran at the riflemen, who then fired another volley straight into her chest. Sam sat stunned for half-a-second, then he picked up the late inn owner’s eight year old daughter and put her on a horse. The monkish man and the blonde woman had fled already, to who knows where, but the two remaining Propugnators trotted to Sam. Sam hopped onto the horse and sat behind the young girl, then he spurred the horse into a gallop.

Another volley was let loose behind them and a townsman fell down, into a newly forming pool of blood. Sam pushed the horse more toward the gate. “Al-most-there.” He said to himself. Sam leaned forward and shot through the archway to the outside of the town. The two Propugnators were close behind. Sam glanced back for a moment and said a quick prayer, then continued riding.

Young Sarah, the inn owner’s youngest daughter, looked back at the city. Her eyes watered and a tear slid down her cheek. The big man on the horse with her looked down and saw her crying, she turned away. The big man hugged her slightly and said, “It’s okay to cry, it’s okay.” She buried her face in his gut and began sobbing.

Sam looked down at the girl who was sobbing into his stomach. He stroked her hair for a few seconds, then paid attention ahead. It was going to be a while before they reached home, not too long, but a while. There were going to be hardships as well, plenty of bandits in this time of war.

The group rode until night, then set up camp with two hour watches. Sam laid his head on a blanket, the little girl close by, and fell asleep.

toonknight said:
TEATRC is based from many things but I'm think that Warhammer is a one of an ideas.

No. A distant relation to Warhammer just because they are also based on the Holy Roman Empire doesn't count.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,35107.0.html

The ending of the first post should be accused of treasonous actions. He obviously did put some Warhammer in it, or is this arguement about something else?

Jackamo said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,35107.0.html

The ending of the first post should be accused of treasonous actions. He obviously did put some Warhammer in it, or is this arguement about something else?

Well then again, in first Chapter D'Sparil was just ****ing around with everything. It's only recently that he's become more... "reserved", on his modding habits, implementations, and overall production. But yeah, I get your point, I'm just too damn stubborn to admit I'm wrong  :lol:

I say warhammer, because I remember D'Sparil specifically saying a long time ago that through the influence of beer he gave birth to a warhammer-esque  game. If you look at how he started the lores and how people make them also, everything seems to be gothic and grim, just like WH. I've been reading these forums since the release of the latest version.

DONATE MORE BEER TO D'SPARIL, WE NEED THAT EXPANSION NOW!!!

toonknight said:
This mod is still going to be a Greatest mod that we've played. :grin:
you mean The Greatest Mod anyone has EVER played.

Corndawg - moar moar moar. I want to see him kill a Dopplesoldner!

Alright, it's drinking sunday! and you what that means? lore about the Lion Throne!, so, since so many are asking about it, this is what I came up with, sorry about mistakes, etc.  I may change it later, who knows.

After his ascension to the throne, Saldian takes his role with utmost dedication. At this point the Throne is composed of three provinces: Galius, Aurora and Celesis. They are under constant threat from the kingdoms of the south. However a series of wars between these kingdoms allows Saldian to invade them. He calls a crusade and for this purpose he creates The Brigade Of The Radiant Cross. The First Campaign of The Radian Cross is extremely successful, and now the Throne has undisputed control over the sea of Hollow Waters, increasing it's riches tenthfold.

The power and reputation of Saldian skyrockets and he begins a series of military and administrative reforms. The Brigade becomes a standing army, people are conscripted from the three primary provinces only, ensuring loyalty and discipline among it's ranks. The conquered lands supply auxiliaries.
This newly acquired power and the support of the population allows Saldian to ditch the old nobility and establish a meritocracy instead, this increases the effectiveness of the administration and specially the Brigade. A group of 5 soldiers who distinguished themselves by their bravery, leadership, strength and faith are raised to the rank of Generals. This rank is later replaced by that of "Deva of Filaharn" giving it a religious side. The same happens to the whole administration, Governors become Kingpriests and so the whole lands of the Throne are engulfed by religion.

The Brigade is reorganized, trained and equipped by the Throne to give a sense of unity, and a Second Campaign is launched, against the lands of Ptia, Mylesia and Kara-Khitan, although it's progress is halted by the Khergit Khanate and the Throne fails to gain access to the Gulf of Daugavirva. This will remain a thorn on the Throne's side, a constant struggle on the northeastern frontier. Still the campaign is a success, the new conquered lands are rich and provide and endless supply of manpower. Soldiers from the conquered provinces who are deemed worthy are recruited to the Brigade, although their numbers are still small. Lords of these provinces are given high ranks within the military or the administration. The faith spreads rapidly trough constant preaching and the allowance of certain old customs.

After this second campaign Saldian becomes more reclused, and only the Devas and Kingpriests are allowed audiences with him. All his words are whispered to the two High Priestess that stand by his side and then repeated by them at the same time, like a chorus. Rumors of divinity start spreading, some people believe he has become the embodiment of Filaharn.

A third campaign is launched against the warriors of the Lowland and Gunther Piedmont. Having witnessed the power of the Lion Throne, the Ellisan Emperor Nikephoros submits willingly and for this he is allowed to remain in his position, Ellis becomes a protectorate of the Lion Throne.
During the third campaign the second and fifth Devas are killed, and are replaced by Zalera and Elhaym respectively.

Zalera is young man whose behavior becomes strange at times, his soul seems to be torn and divided in two. Today we would call it schizophrenia. Still his strength is unmatched and shows no fear in battle. During the 3rd campaign his unit becomes the most feared of them all, although the most difficult to control as well. His soldiers are completely loyal to him, despite his fits of rage, abuses and the irrational decisions he seems to take sometimes. It's all compensated by the bloodbath he causes in the heat of battle. Saldian turns him into the second Deva, despite Mondo's protests.

We all know what happens after this.
And nothing about Elhaym because she is not in-game.

EDIT: the Calradian campaign is NOT a 4th campaign of the Radiant Cross, as it doesn't involve the whole military. However it could become one in the future (who knows?, not me, I just drink and mod  :razz:) with the involvement of Lauria in it, the only faction that the Lion Throne watches carefully (and only because Imelda is in charge  :wink:)

Wooooooo Imelda!
Anyways, that was interesting. So the Lion Throne has only been an empire for a few decades? I was always under the impression that it was centuries old or something. Huh. Must have been because of some other lore.

Well count me surprised. I always took the Lion Throne as a massive, ancient empire, but apparently it's current size is fairly recent.

Wow. That dude is just plain impressive. Exponentially expanding the size of the Lion Throne in a matter of years.

EDIT: So the current Brigade only came into existence recently... what military force did the LT previously have? I like the idea that the Brigade is the LT's main military arm ever since and Saldian only reorganized things to suit his crusade (such as placing entire Brigade orders under the Devas rather than having Order Masters)

Back
Top Bottom