TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

No, its a free for all now.

I demand Can someone make a lore script detailing Pope Saldian, or should we leave that to D'Sparil and his boose?

Yes, that would be nice. I'd like to know more about the Pope that claims to represent the Filaharn we all follow with utmost zeal.

Hell, I'd like to know more about the teachings of Filaharnism, who started it. Are there prophets? Is this Pope Saldian some sort of alien in disguise and made his technology look like a god's power.

This installation is a tad short.

The Story of an Ellisian Spearman Chpt.3

Sir John Fallor couldn’t believe his eyes, what he saw was beyond what he could ever imagine.

Samuel’s eyes lit up with rage when he saw John Fallor, he was going to kill him, today.

John took a step back, “Yo-you’re d-d-dead.” He shuddered.

“That’s what you thought you ignorant ****! I’m going to kill you, right now.”

“I- I killed you at the farm, I swear I did!”

“You almost killed me after you betrayed my family, the whole town, to the Swadians. You came right up to my door, my best friend, and slit my father’s throat. You killed my mother, my sister, my brother, everyone I knew and loved, and for what? Some little badge of betrayal?”

“I-I’m a Paladin of the Holy Swadian Empire now, y-you can’t insult me like that.”

“I think under the circumstances I can do whatever the **** I want, can’t I?”

“They’ll have you hanged, flogged, skinned, anything that they want if you kill me.”

Sam smiled, “Do I look like I give a ****?” Then he charged John.

John parried to the left as Sam swung the sword at him, he then countered with a stab that Sam hit to the side. Sam swung for John’s legs, but John jumped back and attempted to cut Sam’s head. Sam brought his sword up and blocked the blow, then slid the blade down and cut John’s fingers. John swung angrily and cut Sam’s arm slightly. Sam brought his sword up to another blow and then spun around in a circle, blades still touching, then brought his down and sliced.

Sir John Fallor, Paladin of the Holy Swadian Empire staggered forward and clutched his back. He brought his hand forward and saw it was red with blood. He fell onto his knees. Then he said, “I’m sorry.”

Sam swung at John’s neck and cut his head off, “Too late.”

Some half-assed SPEARman used a weapon that is isn't proficient in to kill a Paladin of the Holy Swadian Empire?

Just because he's a spearmen doesn't mean he isn't proficient in the use of a sword. I'm planning on expanding more, you'll learn about it in a chapter section thing or two. Plus the Paladin was teh suck anyway, which you will also learn.

Ah well, it's just that, the evil villian killing your family and what not is over used in my opinion. I liked it nonetheless.

I agree. I'd like to see a story about a Brigadiers point of view, are they truly just human machines or do some actualy think about the war and it's devastating effect.

"Belief is the first step on the road to enlightenment
and those who are prideful and do not accept the teachings of Filaharn will be layed low and made unto dust"

"Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes."
"Those who follow the path of righteousness shall be raised up high."

Hallowed are our god Filaharn.

- Judge Magister Gavros Amphion of the Lion Throne

(My Character)

"Glorious are our god Filaharn, who lead us to salvation, who did fight the evil that would doom us all to mortal sin. Did he defeat the old spirits and their wicked servants and cast them out? And now, with the strength of our will, he calls upon us to prevail against the corruption of all unbelievers."

"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of Filaharn, war machines shall be built to assist our warriors to defeat the heretics out amongst the northern lands and we will spread the Radiant Cross to all the unbelievers. The power of Filaharn will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished."

They're basically Space Marines without augmentation from what I can gather.

"An open mind is like a Fortress, with it's gates unbarred and left open." That kind of thing. Give'em a few years, they'll be talking about how dogs and horses are Xenoforms or something.

Not sure if there's something like this here somewhere... But what the heck.

Daily Routines of the Brigade of the Radiant Cross
Taken from a copy of The Creed of the Brigade, written in 1324 by Sergius Aelius, Commander of the Academy of the Radiant Cross, in the province of Aurora.
Note to Order Masters, Divison Masters and Regimental Commanders: Observe strictly, wherever stationed, during times of peace or non-combat duty.

Dawn – Morning Prayers to be led by the Order Master or the highest-ranking Brigadier present. Pray for Filaharn to grant strength and wisdom to the Pope and the Devas. Recommitment of souls to Filaharn and renewal of oaths to the Lion Throne are also done.

Early Morning – Morning Meal. This time is also used to give out administrative tasks.

Mid-morning – Morning Combat Training. All Brigadiers are to participate in the daily drills of combat and marching.

Noon – Midday Prayers. This lasts for one hour. If a Brigadier finishes his prayers early, he must spend the rest of the remaining time reflecting. All Brigadiers injured during training can visit an apothecary for treatment.

Early Afternoon – Indoctrination. Order Masters or Division Masters debrief the Brigadiers of the morning training, provide doctrine on strategies of historic battles of the Brigade and their enemies and lecture on official teachings of the Pope to strengthen the faith of the Brigade.

Mid-Afternoon – Evening combat training. Similar to Morning Combat Training.

Early Evening– Evening Prayers. This lasts for one hour. If a Brigadier finishes his prayers early, he must spend the rest of the remaining time reflecting. All Brigadiers injured during training can visit an apothecary for treatment.

Mid-Evening – Evening Meal. Debriefing of the day’s activities.

Late Evening – Maintenance and Reflection. This should take as much time as neccessary. Each Brigadier shall reflect on the activities of the day as he checks his armor and weapons. Should any equipment require repairs that only a smith can provide, the item in question can be brought to the Regimental Commander for permission.

Late Evening – Rest.

It has been noted that many Regimental Commanders do not order their Brigadiers to strictly follow this agenda. Pope Salvius* has been made aware of this and issued the following statement:
"This [not following the routine] should not be tolerated by the Order Masters and the Regimental Commanders in question must be punished accordingly, so that an example may be made from their disobedience."

Some Regimental Commanders may exchange activities with another that they feel is identical in function, such as combat practice with [illegible text] ...

The hell, you just took this from the Warhammer 40000 Space Marines Daily rituals.. You've just replaced the word Space marines with Brigadiers and other stuff. Come now, be original. Although it should be similar, Brigadiers are as physically buffed as any human could possibly be. But not superhuman.. 6 hours of sleep?  Please. During those times rarely has one been awake normally at that peak an hour. The 6 hour sleep, given days, will tire out even the best of us. Combat briefing? Brigadiers might be exceptional soldiers but even they don't need to know much about irrelevant things. Ancient soldiers don't get briefed like modern soldiers. They're just alerted to form a line when battle begins and face whatever they face. Yes weapons training.... sounds like they have modern assault rifles.. Change it to Drills... Don't mean to offend a fellow Filaharnist but.... really...

FuryFire said:
Tsk. I just realize that you can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try. But, I don't get offended easily. :razz: This is the internets after all.
I think you're also a warhammer player who owns the space marine codex, thus you know about this.

Well, yes, I did base this on the Daily Rituals. If you have your codex, look at it and see that there are differences. I didn't not just replace words, I've added my own to make it fit the whole idea of the unbeatable Brigade of normal humans. But i didn't stray far from the idea of supersoldiers either.

I've changed some that i felt needed to be changed. But if you don't like it, well, then too bad.

Well it might not be original but it would fit. I doubt they'd even get a midday meal but whatever/

Jackamo said:
Well it might not be original but it would fit. I doubt they'd even get a midday meal but whatever/
It's quite difficult to make a daily routine for a religious military order without copying from some preexisting thing. But i'll try to make it more original and less warhammery.
And maybe post something very original.

Maybe I got off a little mad. I'm moody, sue me. Its just, you treat them like supersoldiers, but they're not.. It outraged me... "Space marines fight knowing they could beat their enemies. An ordinary soldier that continues to fight on, even without knowing if they could beat them. That's real bravery."  (Note: Anybody how counters me by saying "foolishness", I will kill him  :twisted:  )

I have no codex nor figures as rarely will i find another player in this country of mine. I looked it up in the online lexicanum.

Has anybody ever looked to brigadiers and propugnators as death squads? It could happen. In a grim place as calradia, it seems everyone treats each other as heretics. The Swadians have an inquisition. The Vaegirs have oprichniks. etc.

I'm not saying make it less warhammery. After all, the mod was created from warhammer.... and beer..... lots of it...
Hmmm... I think I finally know, how to make the next expansion come out much earlier: Let's all donate lots of beer to D'Sparil :grin:

FuryFire said:
Well, if it makes you feel better, I've made them a bit more normal now, but the schedule is still something no ordinary person could live up to. Still gives off the idea that they're quite the professional army.

No codex? :sad: No figures? :sad: Where do you live anyway? I hardly think that it is impossible to be unable to find a player anywhere in the world, except probably for Somalia.

Hmmm... I think I finally know, how to make the next expansion come out much earlier: Let's all donate lots of beer to D'Sparil :grin:
I'm all for that! More Nukey Browns to D'.

Anyway...

Daily Morning Prayers for Brigadiers
Taken from a copy of The Creed of the Brigade, written in 1324 by Sergius Aelius, Commander of the Academy of the Radiant Cross, in the province of Aurora.
Adapted from the daily prayers of Lion Throne citizens in the Holy City.
To be led by the Highest-Ranking Brigadier present.

Hallowed be our god, Filaharn.
Whose radiance is brighter than the noon sun.
Giver of strength and wisdom to those who have faith.
Purifier of the wicked and Rewarder of the faithful.
Deliver us from the heretics and guide us along the path to salvation.

Glorious are our god, Filaharn.
We thank you for watching over us as we slept.
We praise you for keeping us safe from the evil.
Guide us now, as we go through this day you have given us.

Grant your wisdom to the Pope, your Chosen, that he may govern us well.
May his righteousness be an example for us and a sign for others.

Grant your strength to the First Deva, that he may lead us well into the lands of the unbelievers and conquer in your name.
May his faith in you be found in us as it is in him, that we may not falter when your enemies surround us.

Grant your endurance to the Second Deva, that he may encourage us when we grow weary.
May his zeal for you be a beacon that we can follow even when your enemies outnumber us like sand outnumbers a stone.

May you grant your light to the Devas, as they lead us into doing your will on the face of the Earth.
May they lead us well and bring us home. May the fire of purification cleanse the wickedness from our hearts and the lands we conquer in your name.

Grant your might to the Kingpriests, that their might will spread the Radiant Cross through battle. May your foes cower before their might in battle and succumb to your will.

May you grant us strength to do your will. May our hearts never forget our oaths to you. We are faithful unto death in battle, as battle is our purifying fire. May our bravery bring you glory and may our blood flow only to protect the Holy City and to spread the Radiant Cross.

Back
Top Bottom