TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

man.. new stuff is coming out like factory mass production.
Suddenly , names like Ezekiel and Ishmael start to pup op..  :razz:

You all wait until I get the rest of my inspiration and finish my writing about the Falcon of the Alp!
It'll be the grandest piece of literature to be posted EVER!! (probably not :wink:)

^ that's too funny  :grin:
The last I checked, the nirdam in the tavern was a black man.
Are you telling me, that in the course of real-world history, black jews have served the Tsar of Russia?

(o_O)

Good thing this mod is fully fictional :smile:

It'll fit the Duchy's poise as (if fitted with the Polish-Lithuanian History) a Jewish paradise.

And about the black Jews... well... they're from the Middle-East. It could be sunburn and somestuffz.

Plus... they're Jewish!  :twisted:

There aren't many african-black-looking Jews, I reckon only in Israel they'd have them.
But you never know with Jews.. They're EVERYwhere :razz:(diaspora or something)
You should ask D'Sapril first before declaring them Jewish-inspired

OR it's simply caused by a shortage of names, which resulted in an odd mix of color,race,names and allegiance.. sounds good.

Bunduqdari said:
OR it's simply caused by a shortage of names, which resulted in an odd mix of color,race,names and allegiance.. sounds good.

:lol:

Excuse me while I get the air out of my lungs with a large supply of laughter.

And we are making more TEatRC History and FAQs by day, so I'm sure we can assume a lot...

Entry in the journal of the Nirdam Ezekiel Dizyana, dated 12th of March 1495

We fought, in those dark months, for our slain families. We fought for our scattered people.
We fought for our freedom. But most of all we fought, for there was nothing else we could do.
Our homes. Our wealth. Our families. Our entire way of life. Gone. Swept away by the tyranny
of a man who owed us his very life. Feodor Grozny, the bastard who now calls himself
Tsar of the East, was saved from death at the hands of three Ormeli warriors by a Nirdam
warrior I once knew. His name was Ibrahim. I know not if he is yet among the living.
The last I heard of him, he had managed to smuggle a large group of Nirdam, including
many of our warriors, over the border into the Grand Duchy. Wherever he is, I wish him
well. We fought together many times. As I write, a messenger from the Duchy awaits my
attention. My aide has bid him stay while I complete this entry in my journal. I only hope that
some day my rambling will be of some use to someone. There are many things that I wish... had
not come to pass. I can to some extent alleviate the suffering of my people, with my rag-tag band
composed primarily of those who were once the rogues and outlaws of our nation. However,
without the thief and bandit Manuel Pezentrik we would never have found the treasure trove of
old cataphract armour, weapons and horse barding buried under Mount Hevrisk. And now
I go once more, to decide the fate of nations. Farewell, journal.

Ezekiel Dizyana

Any good?

I think the only thing we need right now is a TEATRC minifig strategic wargame.  :twisted:

(too much Warhammer Fantasy Battle :lol: -
and lol, I'm playing WFB without models, I'm just collecting money for my first batallion :grin: )

But... It could be all done by conversion of Games Workshop models.. just need to find morions and burgonets, and the pickelhaubes :lol:

Le Capitan -  Knock yourself out.

Back to Maikel

"Fire!" I shouted.

The Khergit arrows flew through the walls, across the open plains and into the edges of the forests. The great marksmanship of the Nirdamesse has once again proved it's worth. Men, horses and even the ends of the pikes were being cut to pieces by a dark rain of arrows. Then, the Laurians brought in something from the forests, mortars wrought of bronze and iron were being brought in, small cannonballs filled with shrapnel, and large cannonballs made to wear down the walls.

"Mortars!" shouted one of the Nirdams on the walls. "Get down!"

We did so, the mortars overshot a bit, and hit some of the houses down below, some civilians were hurt, and a couple of the mercenaries who were loitering down below. Bastards get what they deserve, mercenaries... The scum of Calradia.

"Rise!" I ordered, "load!" They did so, knocking another one of the imported Khergit arrows. "Fire!" They aimed where I did not expect them, some of the crews loading the artillery were shot down, a great explosion signalled that one of the bodies made a large mess of the artillery. And yet, they did not seem to stop. Their morale did not seem unchanged, not even hurt a bit. I assumed that someone was inside the forest, making sure they do not run from the field. I hope I am wrong, for I am not good on foot, I must be on my ships, our fluyts and galleys.

"Load!" I yelled, with another cry.

This will take a while, I kept thinking to myself.

jan_boruta said:
I think the only thing we need right now is a TEATRC minifig strategic wargame.  :twisted:

(too much Warhammer Fantasy Battle :lol: -
and lol, I'm playing WFB without models, I'm just collecting money for my first batallion :grin: )

But... It could be all done by conversion of Games Workshop models.. just need to find morions and burgonets, and the pickelhaubes :lol:

There is a conquistadore type merc company. I did write an EATRC based Empire army list about a year ago, I might try to find it.

Thanks for the use of Ishmael Boomie, I'll post the story tommorrow. Got coursework and fencing to do tonight. The above piece and your previous writings are very good too.

Thoughts and Stratagems on the Wisdom of pursuing War against the Ormeli
A Treatise

In recent years, an insidious threat has gotten ever closer to the relative seclusion of our Southern borders. From the lands where the midday Sun shines at its hardest, a new threat to our Holy Empire is come. And worst of all is, that virtually none have crossed blades with this threat on a scale greater than the skirmish thus far.

The Ormeli are knocking at our proverbial door-step. If we let this threat gather its forces in peace, as we have done in a most ignorant way thus far, then it will spread across our lands with fire and sword like a cancer will spread over the body of a man weakened by hunger. In situations such as this, we Swadians must take the fore and, like an able surgeon, extricate this threat before ever it crosses our borders. Defeat the tumour before it expands and deny the disease its birth-chance.

Thus far, these savages, these barbarians, these...creatures, for one of the men of Swadia cannot call these heretics any less, have not been denied their chance to hover over our borders like vultures awaiting carrion. Their outriders patrol our borders unchallenged and they come and go through our villages unopposed, gathering cattle, supplies and children by force, so as to be taken to the vulture's nest from whence these creatures herald forth. There, they feast upon our hard-spent labours, our cattle and our wine and our food, and do God-knows-what to our children. By the time these once-noble sons of Swadia return to their homeland, they only do so as raiders serving the Ormeli, devoid of any humanity or faith. Janissaries they are called and they sometimes lead the very sorties that force our children into Ormeli slavery.

As Swadians, we can no longer tolerate such offences to our honour. The border-lords, who hold the marches against all comers and who bravely serve the Holy Emperor in both war and peace, have long been begging for a war against these heretics. Their calls have gone unnoticed until now because of various reasons such as war with the Laurians in the North or war with the now-defunct Empire of Ellis. No longer!

Despite the great and overbearing bravery and determination of our noble warriors and landsknechts, however, some might pose the question of how to combat such a threat. The Ormeli are unusual because of their very nature. Unlike the Laurians, they do not march in rank and file, with pikes held proudly aloft. Unlike the treacherous scum of the Imperial State, they do not fire volleys of musketry from well-ordered ranks. Unlike the Vaegirs of the East they do not possess hardy footmen supported by superb units of horsemen ready to die for their masters. And, unlike the other threat from the South, the heathen followers of the Blood-God Filaharn, they do not come with the slaves of a hundred conquered nations in the tow of their armies, sending them first as a flesh-wave to weaken the foe.

No, the Ormelis are strange, even unique, in the way they wage war. They are chaotic, much like the scorched wastes from which they come from. Their forces are similar to those of the Khergits, yet with one crucial difference. Cavalry and the culture of the horse is important to them, yes, but they also have a seasoned infantry core to strengthen their hosts and provide a bulwark any foes that might come upon them. And both cavalry and footmen are well armoured, which is bizarre considering the heat of their wastelands.

Besides they fact that they have a numerous cavalry and an infantry of great fortitude in their ranks, worst of all is that almost all of these troops are armed with bows and that some are armed even with muskets and arquebuses to rival the Imperial State and the gunners of Gunther-Piedmont. So the Ormeli will pepper their foes at range with an iron-tipped hail, drawing swords and charging furiously like the fanatics they are whenever the enemy draws close.

How then, must a brave Swadian combat this plague upon the land? The methods are several and, though they are all varied, they all have the same purpose: to completely and utterly destroy the Ormeli if ever they step upon our borders in force, aiming to strike for one of our cities.

First of all, we Swadians must force the Ormeli to a true test of strength, a pitched battle. If we were to limit ourselves to warring as the Ormeli do, harassing the enemy from afar and avoiding actually entering honourable combat, it would lead to a horrible state of morale among the men, who would be eager for action and none too hesitant about plundering the baggage-trains of the enemy. Besides that, waging a war in such a way would also incur difficulties concerning supply and provision. A war in which decisive actions against the enemy are few and occasions to forage and live off the surrounding countryside and villages are slim, seeing as we would still be within the borders of Swadia and as such could not raid our own villages, would surely lead to situations such as famine and mutiny among the troops.

So, to neutralize all of these disadvantages, we must use our strength against the enemy, swiftly and surely. We must march into their own lands in force, always seeking open battle and always challenging them to use their entire strength against us, so that we can be given the chance to defeat it utterly by using our superior force of arms. Marching into the lands of the Ormeli will ensure the fact that any outriders they have in our territory will quickly retire to their own lands so as to assist the main host. This will give our villages a chance to fortify themselves against any future raids. Striking right into the heart of enemy territory will also take the battle to their own homes, forcing any Ormeli host inside our own borders to quickly turn back and march to see to the defence of their home. The fact that we would be fighting in enemy territory would also give our soldiers the chance to freely pillage the land and take anything they wish as their own, from the supplies of the Ormeli to their women. The fact that their villages would come at risk would also force the Ormeli to be all the more willing when it came to giving us pitched battle.

Besides living off the surrounding countryside, something which would bolster the morale of our soldiery, we should also take care to march in the open, in places where we can deploy our numbers to their fullest and where the Ormeli have to make use of their entire host if they wish to even challenge us. It is in places such as these that our pike squares and charges of heavy horse will ravage the enemy so utterly that they will never set foot in Swadia again.

With all the measures needed to force battle upon our foes taken and all the facets of the possible campaign discussed in some detail, now comes the discussion of a stratagem to defeat the heathens in open battle. While some of our less-committed commanders might be the adepts of holding back their troops in an act of over-caution and letting the enemy come to us, I propose we bring the battle to the enemy. We are Swadians and, as such, no lesser men can stand against us. We proved this by utterly crushing the Empire of Ellis and burning their heretic Emperor for his crimes. We shall prove this with the ragged men of the Southern wastes. We should start the battle by a thundering charge of our Chivalry. This in itself should serve to dishearten the enemy and make them lose the will to fight. But this, as I said, would be a battle of annihilation in which both sides commit themselves entirely so, to further endeavour towards the utter destruction of our foe, the cavalry would be followed by our brave Landsknechts.

With the cavalry charge breaking apart the line of Ormeli archers and gunners, our pike squares should be able to march unopposed towards the Ormeli ranks, skewering any that might stand in their way. Another advantage to this tactic would be that if the Ormeli cavalry chose to try and surround our Chivalrous Knights while they were fighting the Ormeli foot the Landsknechts would pounce upon their exposed rear, crushing them. If the Ormeli cavalry chose to pursuit our infantry then they would be held back as a cat is held back by the thorns of a hedge-hog. Any horseman who even tried to get close enough to shoot an arrow at our men would get skewered the moment he entered the range of our pikes. Both these movements, however, will leave our crossbowmen and sharp-shooters at risk but they are a negligible element in the order of battle.

After the Ormeli cavalry is crushed, caught between the hammer of the Landsknechts and the anvil of the Knights of Swadia, our brave footmen would then be free to shatter the Ormely infantry in a push of pike in which the heathens would stand no chance, seeing as they field no pikes of their own and fight in a very loose formation. By this point our Chivalry should be free to manoeuvre once more so if any Ormeli tried to retreat and make use of their advantage at range, our Cavalry would quickly be upon them, forcing them to hand-to-hand combat. If, by this point, any semblance of the Ormeli cavalry was left then our Knights and Demi-Lances could just as easily charge them and force them either to either battle or flight. For the proposed objectives of our plan, the death of any and all Ormeli cavalrymen would be much to the benefit of our cause.

Subsequent to these initial movements described above, the battle should devolve into a simple process of crushing any pockets of Ormeli resistance. To put it simply, allowing the Ormeli to retreat and stay at range is giving them an advantage they should not have, for they are strong when the enemy is far away. Once a body of hardened infantry closes with them, however, and denies them their bows and flintlocks then they will be rendered to nothing more than lambs facing an experienced butcher. The same goes for the cavalry of the Ormeli. They will be flamboyant when the foe is far away but when they are forced to actually engage in combat that will be their downfall. Thus, a small lance of Knights on hardy horses could crush a wing of Ormeli horsemen double their number in actual combat, if the damned heathens could be stopped from retreating. The above plan gives them a reason not to retreat, forcing them to stay and fight and thus neutralizing any advantage they could have in a battle of their choosing.

With proper application of the above plan, The Holy Empire of Swadia should have no difficulty in crushing the Ormeli whenever they deem to cross our borders seeking war and plunder. Our warriors on foot are far superior to their own at close-quarters and have a discipline unlike any other in Calradia while our mounted Chivalry will outfight and outride any heretic that dares stand against us. All in all, war with the Ormeli, far from being a perilous endeavour as many have described it, can actually turn into a quite profitable action, for once the Padishah, for so their leader is called, and his hosts are crushed the lands of the Ormeli will be laid down at our feet, ready to be conquered handily.

Penned by the hand of Gottfried, Captain of Marienburg

It is intentional. Gottfried is meant to be biased against the Ormeli and I will write something pertaining to why Gottfried is wrong a little later. Tomorrow most likely.

And you will discover that many Swadian lords, including the Emperor himself, enjoy using this tactic against the Ormeli in-game. They will often charge the Ormeli head on with knights while the pikemen follow in their wake. They will often die in droves, but that comes second after charging a lesser foe like the Ormeli I guess. :razz:

Meanwhile, someone could try telling me what Ormeli tactics actually are so I could write a document that is both a pleasure to read and helpful in the actual game. :razz:

Boomie, I have the story ready to post, but just to confirm something, you are talking about the battle of Wercheg in which King Leiss died aren't you?
Nice one Agent Griff, by the way.

Excerpt taken from a sermon by a Vaegir priest during the pogroms in Odoiev

People of Odoiev, our thought for the day is thus: The heathen may survive any purge. Now, as you all know, our great and wise Tsar, upon assuming control of our now great lands has ordered the eviction of all non-Vaegirs. I say now that God has spoken to me, and he tells me that he uses the Tsar as his instrument in this time of trouble and defeat. He has not forsaken us! People, rise up, and destroy these foul creatures, for I say they are not men, but Demons in human form! Rise up and cast them out. It is the only way to save both your souls and their's. But never forget this: the Heathens are deceitful and crafty. Long have they lurked at the heart of our society, waiting only for a time to betray us. And see how the Demons strike now, almost dooming our people to death as they fled, only the swift intervention of our God-blessed Tsar saving us from oppression at the hands of the evil Laurians, who they were no doubt in league with all along.  Yes that was it! They allied with the worst of our outside enemies, causing our defeat! I tell you now, people, go from this place and slay any non-Vaegir you find, for even their women and children are Demons, yes, Demons, they must all be slain! Let the streets run red! Go out and fulfil the wishes of our God!

This sermon is thought to have been the cause of much death in Odoiev, the Vaegir populace, previously content with just forcing non-Vaegirs to leave the city, were driven to a frenzy by this priest, and others likie him. The streets did indeed run red. As is found elsewhere in this report on the so-called "Nirdam Resistance" the family of the Nirdam captain Ezekiel Dizyana died in this slaughter, while he was out of the city hunting with a few other Nirdam. The priest who gave this particular sermon was found dead in an alley, riddled with arrows a few days later.

From the journal of Gliorot the Toothcracker, raider captain, entry dated 21st May, 1489 -
Elbow-deep in a crate of goods, searching for the caravan's hidden stash of coin amidst all those worthless cabbages, is where I found myself when the howl from afar began. The men had just finished putting the ones unlucky enough to still be crawling to the blade, and I was worried some kind of mercenary escort had caught wind of us. Oh Gods, what I would give now for that to have been true. It was Old Gearth that noticed them first.
“Oy, captain, thar be peasants comin' this way!” I paused, having found nothing but leafy greens to the bottom of the cursed crate. “...Peasants? Well, you know what to do. Shoot them.” The noises that came from this mob of peasants seemed... unnatural, as if they wanted to come for us. Shouts not of fear, but of rage. I heard the first familiar clicks of flintlock mechanisms as lead shot flew into the oncoming serf folk. But none of them fell. Some were obviously wounded, yes. But they continued to barrel forth toward us, forks raised high. “Draw your weapons men, these ones seem to be lookin' for a good fight!” With that, I hefted my great-axe, and met their furious charge.
It was, singly, the most horrifying battle I've ever experienced. I have cleaved men in twain. I have seen the blood-eagle given to great and terrible warlords. But never have I seen something so gruesome as the fighting peasants of Swadia. My men fought bravely, but despite their resolution nothing would save them from their limbs being dislodged from sockets by two-pointed spears, from their hands being severed by wicked knives the length of a man's forearm, or from their savage leader – I heard the bloodthirsty mob yell to him as “Hershey”.
How I escaped from that hideous bedlam, I may never know. I sensed the futility in fighting the frenzied horde before us, and despite my dedication to my fighting-brothers I could not throw my life away that day. So I buried my axe in the nearest wild-man (who, on all accounts, did not die of his wound so long as I had him in my sight) and took off running. I blindly fled, not willing to stop until I was certain Hershey would not find me. For an entire night I ran, through the woods of Vienna. At the end of my flight I came upon a small village – Ehlerdah is it's name. It is here I will stay for the time being, though there are rumors that the local lord is looking for hired killers to finish me off. It will take more than mercenary thugs to stop Gliorot the Toothcracker, survivor of Hershey's peasants!

Back
Top Bottom