TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

Agent Griff said:
The Gladiator's name was Maximus Decimus Meridius, not what our fellow forumite's name is.
^ true, but his name sounded inspired by it
Anyway.. I've talked too much bs about this so I will continue with universe expansion  :wink:
I will probably be writing a new short story for the Ormeli Chronicles some time, about Tekin Ghazi, Falcon of the Alp  :smile:
And gladia.. uuhm.. sorry Maximus can go on doing what he does best: writing Scenario Games  :razz:

Bunduqdari said:
Agent Griff said:
The Gladiator's name was Maximus Decimus Meridius, not what our fellow forumite's name is.
^ true, but his name sounded inspired by it
Anyway.. I've talked too much bs about this so I will continue with universe expansion  :wink:
I will probably be writing a new short story for the Ormeli Chronicles some time, about Tekin Ghazi, Falcon of the Alp  :smile:
And gladia.. uuhm.. sorry Maximus can go on doing what he does best: writing Scenario Games  :razz:

O RLY?
I was actually going to write a narrative on my Halmarian charecter, Gustavus Riekstag, and maybe add more to the history of the Halmar Union. But yes, I might make some more, different Scenario Games.  :wink:

Oh, and off topic again, but my forum name was inspired by Tiberius Claudius Maximus, the legionary turned cavalryman who captured the Dacian leader during the push into the Balkans. Well, he didn't actually capture the Dacian leader, because he happened to kill himself before Tiberius got to him, but he did manage to cut off his head and right arm to send to Rome  :grin:
Anyways, history lesson over, back to work.

I'll probably be making a history on the Grand Duchy, with help from JanBoruta and D'Sparil.

But, either way I'll be chronicling the Vaegir history, since I like them the most and since they are unconquerable  :twisted:

Boomie said:
I'll probably be making a history on the Grand Duchy, with help from JanBoruta and D'Sparil.

But, either way I'll be chronicling the Vaegir history, since I like them the most and since they are unconquerable  :twisted:

Unconquerable? I thought the Vaegirs, along with the Ormeli's, were the most unstable. But maybe thats just my opinion. So anyways, I have a question: who are all of the Halmarian's enemies? And what are their basic figting style? From what I know right now, they are good with a pistol, but everything else is just speculation. And how many kingdoms are in the Union? Three, to be consistent with the Kalmar Union? Four, maybe? or two? It's so hard to write fan fiction when half of this is speculation!

Well according to my history of the H(*insert a-umlaut here*malarian-Laurian Wars and other sources, they're rivals with the Laurians and use pistols and the weapons of yer typical 15-17 century army.

Venitius said:
Well according to my history of the H(*insert a-umlaut here*malarian-Laurian Wars and other sources, they're rivals with the Laurians and use pistols and the weapons of yer typical 15-17 century army.

To make an "a-umlaut":
1. press and hold the alt key
2. type 132 on the number pad
3. release the alt key and ä will appear

Also, here is a page that can show you more of these sort of things. http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc.html

p.s. How many times am I gonna have to post this? lol

So more swadian style fighting?  :sad:
It was okay when the laurians copied them, cause its fun to see some phalanx on phalanx action, but with a third one it just starts to get unoriginal. How about we give them halberds instead? See, then it would form a completely effective, Halmarian tactic. Use your pistoliers to weaken the phalanx and pick off a few of the arquebusiers. And then, with the halberd, even though it doesn't have the reach of the pike, it has that deadly swing attack which, if allowed close enough, can cut a phalanx formation to pieces.
So how about that D'sparil? That sound acceptable?

*EDIT*

Screw that, too much effort. I'm not going to go through every single mention of the Halmarians I ever made just to put a silly two dots on top.  :twisted:

Doesn't work for me you see: „ or ‰

I'd like the H. Union to have halberdiers or billmen or vouligiers, reiters,and pistoleers

Well, bills are too short to be able to pass through the pike formation, and I have no idea what the voulagigagoo thing is, so lets stick with glaivemen -> halberdiers, Horseback skirmisher types -> reiters, and pistoliers -> snipers(?). It would be immensely cool if they had a super accurate, rifle. Yes, rifle. The Swadians, in this game at least, invented the spearwall and the like (which historically the swedes did), so we got to have the Halmarians invent something cool! Oh, to counter its sniper-awesomeness, give it okay damage, and a slow reload.

But if you don't mind posting a pic of the... V... thing, that would be great.

the "V" thing is just another polearm that looks what happened when an bardiche or halberd and a glaive or a shortened military scythe *cough*

Do you think the rifle should be rifled or have an abnormally long barrel? I don't mind....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voulge

Venitius said:
the "V" thing is just another polearm that looks what happened when an bardiche or halberd and a shortened military scythe *cough*

Do you think the rifle should be rifled or have an abnormally long barrel? I don't mind....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voulge

Well, I believe it should have a long barrel, mostly because I was slightly annoyed that all the guns in game are pretty much arm length (Caliver, redeemer, blunderbuss... etc.) So I wanted a accurate, single shot rifle for the Halmarians. Besides, ti would just LOOK cool.  :grin:

I was kinda wondering if someone could do a little something on like a unification of the Highland Clans? I ask this as I don't really have the time, patience, or creativity to do it myself, but I have one request, could the unifying clan have the name Glen (my Scottish highland ancestors clan name  :mrgreen:). I would be eternally grateful (that's an internet promise so you know you can trust it).

1x1General1x1 said:
I was kinda wondering if someone could do a little something on like a unification of the Highland Clans? I ask this as I don't really have the time, patience, or creativity to do it myself, but I have one request, could the unifying clan have the name Glen (my Scottish highland ancestors clan name  :mrgreen:). I would be eternally grateful (that's an internet promise so you know you can't trust it).

Fixed that for you.  :twisted:

I like to type in the same manner that I speak so like back off.  :mrgreen: <== I like this smiley

EDIT: Yay, the sexy avatar is back. LOL

Um, first post here but I've played TEATRC since chapter 1 and I'd like to contribute something to the mod. So here goes:

29th March 1495
Urgent dispatch by courier to Tsar Feodor the Great, our saviour and lord of the east,

My lord, the scouts report the loss of several patrols in the north east of the Tsardom. In response to this news, the minor Boyar Daniil Vasileivich led a column consisting of twoscore cavalrymen and close on a hundred foot to join a force of cossacks at one of our villages. He reports that all thirty of the cossacks lay dead in the snow, full of arrows. We have had no further word from him, but a riderless horse bearing his coat of arms arrived at our gates yesterday evening, it's armour full of barbed arrows.

Your ever faithful servant, Dmiitri Olgerdez.

6th April 1495
Urgent dispatch by courier to Tsar Feodor the Great, our saviour and lord of the east,

My lord, the scouts found the bodies of Daniil Vasileivich and his men this morning. They were mostly pierced by arrrows, however several bore wounds as if from a lance. Among their corpses lay three of their assailants. I fear to report, my lord, that they appear to be of the accursed race of the Nirdam. Two were longbowman and one lay beneath an armoured horse, himself armoured as a cataphract. I intend to march to the scene tommorow with forty Streltsy and thirty horsemen, along with twenty of my own elite guard.

12th April 1495

My lord, my venture to the battlefield proved to be in vain, but today our scouts captured one of the foul Nirdam scum. Under our tortures he has confessed nothing more, but in his bag was a letter from a lord of the Grand Duchy to one 'Ezekiel Dizyana of the Nirdam Resistance'. It tells this man that money is to be sent to a Nirdam hideout for the furtherance of his guerilla war against our great land! I can scarce believe the perfidy of the Duchy, consorting with such as he against us!

If this is any good I'll continue.

Back
Top Bottom