How to install a Mod for Mount&Blade

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxondragon

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hello there..:smile:

So you have seen a module out in cyberspace and want to play it.  This quick guide will showl you how to proceed.

Step 1: Download the Module to a temp directory

Step 2: Open up windows explorer or otherwise navigate to the folder you downloaded into.

Step 3 Right click on the zipped module file and select Extract.

menubox.jpg

Step 4: Navigate to the directory where you installed Mount&Blade..usually C:\program files\mount&Blade\modules

mbfolder.jpg

Select OK.

When you launch Mount&Blade, select the down arrow at the top like this:

MBmenu.jpg

Then once selecting a Module like Prophesy of Pendor, a unique module splash screen should appear like this:

POPmenu.jpg

You should be ready to go! :smile:

Select "Play Mount&Blade" and your adventure begins!

Best,

Saxondragon

Most of us will knew that allready but many kudos for the effort to explain this here so good and even making those screenshots after the recent requests of some yet unexperienced players in the other posts and threads. Ladies and Gentleman applause for SaxonDragon  :mrgreen:

*clap* *clap* *clap*

And I don't want to see another post ''How you maek this game work? lolz'' again!  :evil:

Don't want to make a new topic for this question so I'll ask it here: Do I need to delete the old PoP folder when I install patch 1.2?  :oops:

Most definitely not. Patches are just that - small improvements which add or replace small contents to the already existing basis of the game/mod. Of course, some mods also have "full installer" patch versions, which are basically the "whole mod" patched to the respective version - in these cases you could delete the folder of the older version. But in PoP's case, the patches are normal patches and you should just extract them in the PoP folder.

lacrossewalk said:
I understand I just don't know where to put the rar files...

Any directory will do.  I have a habit of creating a temporary directory called "Temp downloads".  c:\temp_download\

Put the .rar or zip file there, then unpack or unzip it.

Best,
saxondragon

I hvae tried to extract the files to the modules folder in M&B, but errors just come up saying they cant be opened, tried extracting them someplace else then pasting them into the Modules folder and the dont work, anty help or suggestions?

Make sure that the files inside the (unpacked) Prophesy of Pendor folder are only in 1 folder named Prophesy of Pendor.
I think if you put it inside the modules folder so it is like .../modules/Prophesy of Pendor/Prophesy of Pendor/....  (the content of the mod) it doesn't work.

If its not it, post a reply where you tell EXACTLY what you did and what the path for the mod is when you put it inside the module folder.

ok I downloaded the file to my desktop. extracted files to the mount and blade moduals file, C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules was the destination path, now when I go to extract it WinRAR: diagnostic messages pops up saying "system cannot find path specified" and "cannot create prophesy of pender v1.21(file name)"

I have been having this problem with all the mods I try to download, exept Eagle and the Radiant cross that works flawlessly.

Dolearon said:
ok I downloaded the file to my desktop. extracted files to the mount and blade moduals file, C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules was the destination path, now when I go to extract it WinRAR: diagnostic messages pops up saying "system cannot find path specified" and "cannot create prophesy of pender v1.21(file name)"

I have been having this problem with all the mods I try to download, exept Eagle and the Radiant cross that works flawlessly.

Then, does the path exist?  Now, if you are logged in to your system and do not have administrator rights, ie.. the ability to create a directory, then you will get this error.  The extraction process, for any module, will create a new directory.  In our case it will be C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules\Prophesy of Pendor V1.21.

You may want to try to create the directory by hand (though windows explorer) then extract.

Best regards,

Saxondragon

Dolearon said:
im on admin and I tried creating the file manually then extracting to it, still dont work.

I know that the files we put up on the repository were compressed using winzip.  (I personally prefer .rar format, but after some complaints that people could not unzip we moved to .zip format).  You have stated you are using winrar.. You may want to make sure your version of winrar is current.  If you have the current version of winrar and are still having issues,  I will upload a .rar version to a file hosting service and we can go from there. 

Best,

Saxondragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom