How to install a Mod for Mount&Blade

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated WinRAR but still got nothing, even tried a few of the things I tried before again with the update, but still sayed it couldent do it.

Dolearon said:
I updated WinRAR but still got nothing, even tried a few of the things I tried before again with the update, but still sayed it couldent do it.

Ok mate.. lets try this:  http://www.2shared.com/file/4892987/cd811787/Prophesy_of_Pendor_V121.html

This is a direct download for a .rar compressed version of 1.21.

Either PM me or post here if you have any problems.

Best,

Saxondragon

saxondragon said:
Dolearon said:

Ok mate.. lets try this:  http://www.2shared.com/file/4892987/cd811787/Prophesy_of_Pendor_V121.html

Best,

Saxondragon

um do i need win zip

Mudkip737 said:
saxondragon said:
Dolearon said:

Best,

Saxondragon

um do i need win zip

Yes mate.. you will need some sort of unzip utility such as winzip to download anything from the general repository.

Best,

saxondragon

im on ****ty vista and when i right click the zip it doesn't say extract can i just copy the files manually to the modules folder?

You can either mark all the files and copy them or click on "extract all files". Should be right top corner of the winzip window - if I recall correctly.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRH i dosent show :sad:(( the only mod i can use is eagle and the radiant cross because it got a installer.. :sad: somebody plz help

thefaith said:
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRH i dosent show :sad:(( the only mod i can use is eagle and the radiant cross because it got a installer.. :sad: somebody plz help

XP and Vista will open zip files as if they were a folder, if you don't have a program for handling these files.  Copying the files from these windows works fine, so you don't NEED winzip.

And copy the Prophesy of Pendor folder to the path shown in step 4 of the first post here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,54292.0.html

This probably doesn't need to be a sticky anymore, but it could stay. What might be better is adding the main text of this thread to either of the other download threads.

Downloaded Prophesy of Pendor 2.04 and unzipped it into to the /module folder as instructed in the installaiton guide on this site.

However, when I try to play the module it gets to the INI file stage and then i get a critical error which states:

Unable to open file \Prophesy of Pendor 2.04\Resource\Pendora.brf

Any idea whats wrong?

Im no technican, but a qualified guess would be that file has been corrupted. Happens sometimes. Try to redownload.
Btw, you did take the full package, right?

Didz said:
Downloaded Prophesy of Pendor 2.04 and unzipped it into to the /module folder as instructed in the installaiton guide on this site.

However, when I try to play the module it gets to the INI file stage and then i get a critical error which states:

Any idea whats wrong?

Sounds like a corrupt download,but I also suspect that you might not be using 1.011

~Ãbyss

I had the error problem too, you should write in the download post and installation guide that the mod requires 1.011

Ãbyss said:
Didz said:

Any idea whats wrong?

Sounds like a corrupt download,but I also suspect that you might not be using 1.011
I have 1.011, or at least the start menu says I have, so I'll try downloading again.

every time i finish downloading it some things pops up saying to buy winzip so i press x and its not there and im not gonna pay 50 dollors to buy winzip i already payed for mount n blade

Huh?

What are you using for download?
Try the original link from the mbrepostery. It should work fine without any weird popups.

Check out where your browser saves your downloads, if it isn´t there do a virusscan.
If it´s negative, turn on adblocking/popupblockin in your browser and download it from the mbrepostery (stickified download thread). Should work like a charm.

This mod is for free, and anyone selling it to anyone does it illegally and shall be punished. If you notice such an attempt, please drop a note at Saxondragon´s. I don´t think your forced winzip purchase has anything to do with MnB but rather with your pc - you´re either having a weird virus or spyware or even, worse, your OS extracting .zip files automatically using winzip and an out of date trial version. So either update your winzip to something free or click the skip registration now, do it later instead of closing it. Now that I think of it, that´s more likely the case than a weird virus infection.

Does this happen each time you download a .zip file or is it exclusively for PoP?

Go download some free packing software 7zip and make it your standard extraction application. Then redownload PoP.

With large files and relative slow connection speeds, it happens that downloads stop eventhough they're not finished yet. I always check if the downloaded file size equals what it is supposed to.

Hey guys.

Been reading this (even though I knew how to properly extract mods) and still run into trouble...
However lets just cut to the chase.

I properly extracted the mods but nothing comes up under the dropdown.
To put it simply... It looks as I never extracted the files.

Wat do?

Sincerely,
Commander Fluffy

P.S. If you need some screens I would be happy to provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom