Legitimate Rule

Users who are viewing this thread

Knute

Recruit
I was thinking on how to graduate to genuine nobility. I don't know if there is a programming problem with this but I'm thinking about game logic now.

1. Your chancellor might offer to research your lineage. Then after a little time and a lot of money he might be able to 'acquire' letters of nobility.

Other leaders might be persuaded or made to accept these letters - and then you'd be noble.

2. Again the chancellor - Your Majesty, <Faction> is bankrupt and beyond hope. Would you care to seek their titles?

This would be really expensive.

- Pay vanquished debts.
- Assume all their bad honour
- Settle feuds among the remaining lords
- Accept refugees and pay off the widows and victims of the previous regime.
- Answer charges against your 'family'.

I'd like to see this be a sliding expense with an equal chance of success. If you paid enough everyone important would accept anything you told them. "Long Lost Relative", Saviour of Title, Redeemer of family Honour - might all be titles rather than blood relative.

3. The old fashioned way - marriage. Perhaps you can offer land and or money to marry into the family. The old King might become an expensive dependent.

I sort of like the absence of religion from the game but being anointed "God's Chosen" or given the mandate of heaven might also work.

Anyway, those are just ideas.

Knute

A little too complicated, I think, too really draw it out that in depth. Also, what benefit would the player receive for going through the trouble of aquiring papers of Nobility? There is not really anything holding him back for not having them currently, so it would have to be some kind of noticeable benefit?

The Benefit would be diplomatic relations with the other factions.

Ask for peace, declare war etc....

I wanted to make alliance possible for V5 somehow. In events thread I pointed that there could be 5 main quests (difficult and long) to make it happen. Current idea is that You are a noble already, just from other kingdom.
All this ideas could be used in mentioned quests.

im noble allready? dang and  i thought i was just a badass bandit lord who whops swadian ass for breakfast and wipes the ground with nords for dinner...  :???:
(try hiring 200 mountain bandits lol pure awesomeness)

Whats up with all thos Mountain bandits everyone is talking about them..
Are they so overpowered?

Isn't it better to have 200 Swadian knights or so?

greetz

Rebelmann said:
Whats up with all thos Mountain bandits everyone is talking about them..
Are they so overpowered?

Isn't it better to have 200 Swadian knights or so?

greetz
well it takes 1 day to get 200 mountain bandits (allmoust free)
how long it takes to train 200 knights? lol never?

still, my army of 60 men could kill them.... (20 swadian knights, 10 khergit lancers, 30 marinian top tier noble units

Can someone tell me how to recruit these mountain bandits?
I dont know how to recruit them and i have a strange bug in city's that i can upgrade ppl only once from Peasants to Peasants* thats all i can do..

Let me know please how to recruit Mbandits..

Greetz

Just get powerful companions so they don't attack you and find a group of around 50 or so mountain bandits and talk to them. If they run, perfect. Catch them and then select the middle option. They'll only join you if you have enough room to take them. I recruit most of my bandits in Vaegir territory.

They're the best when it comes to quickly building an army, and some of them even have horses and bows. But Forest Bandits are better in a straight up fight, since it seems like their accuracy has been buffed to that of a Nord archer. It seems waaay higher than in Native.

vonmistont said:
I wanted to make alliance possible for V5 somehow. In events thread I pointed that there could be 5 main quests (difficult and long) to make it happen. Current idea is that You are a noble already, just from other kingdom.
All this ideas could be used in mentioned quests.

Ask SantasHelper about alliances. The new version of Claradia Rising will feature it.

Well I know how to make it I just have conception of Major Story Line leading to an Alliance. And that will only happen after I introduce new continent (if ever) because giving player ability to have other kingdoms as allies in current state is very bad thing to do!

Morrowind Mod Man said:
They're the best when it comes to quickly building an army, and some of them even have horses and bows. But Forest Bandits are better in a straight up fight, since it seems like their accuracy has been buffed to that of a Nord archer. It seems waaay higher than in Native.

Actually, as far as I am concerned, Native troops were left untouched.

Point is, Mountain and Forest Bandits can actually kickass, if it weren't because the player usually drags along an even kickasser bad-ass army.

Back
Top Bottom