Problems with downloading

Users who are viewing this thread

ickabod

Recruit
I have been trying to download and play Sword of Damocles, but it keeps going to a .rar file and dose not link to Moutn adn Blade and I can't use it.....I've been itching to play this mod and its getting worse..help..please.

Thanks guys.

I thought that all mods are packed in rar format... There are many free programs that can read rar. I use 30 day trial of Win Rar (it's few years since i installed it) because the only penality when trial ends is pop up window informing you that it has ended... A little bit annoying but I don't use it too often so I don't care :smile:

Well the ones I've downloaded before, like Hegemony, were .exe files and once downloaded they attached to M&B but I can't for the life of me get the .rar file for SoD to work, and I just tried the win rar thing......I think Im going through withdrawl

hehe von im still on my winrar trial after 3-4 years :grin:

Wait your saying ur having problems with winrar ? its one of the simplest programs i know off >.< what seems to be problem with it mabye I can help ?

Munx said:

Wait your saying ur having problems with winrar ? its one of the simplest programs i know off >.< what seems to be problem with it mabye I can help ?

I'm using trial win rar since I remember... There were few epizodes with win zip, I was also using... how was it called... well nevermind... Recently I downloaded 7zip for .7z files but I'm still using win rar for everything...

Munx said:

Well I downloaded WinRar and SoD v4 with beta add on. usually when I download a mod its in exe. format so once its installed, I go to the M&B client window and select (like Hegemony, native etc.) but I cant figure out how to start up SoD

remeber first time I needed winrar, I was like ??? whats winrar, and basicly got laughed out by my friends  :mrgreen:

anyways its simple to use:

Install (obviously)

Download .rar file you want (icon should changed to 3 books in a leather strap by now)

Double click the .rar file

click the Extract button.

choose folder extration path ''C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules\Sword of Damocles - Invasion''

Extract

Double Click MnB shortcut

Choose Sword of Damocles - invasion

launch.

Hope this helps for anyone who gets confused by winrar.

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm the top of file named WinRAR 3.80 should work for you, it sais it has a trial so I just assume it does

Edit/added: You have to extract the files in the rar file directly into the module system I gave the instructions on how, use em :smile:

Munx said:
remeber first time I needed winrar, I was like ??? whats winrar, and basicly got laughed out by my friends  :mrgreen:

anyways its simple to use:

Install (obviously)

Download .rar file you want (icon should changed to 3 books in a leather strap by now)

Double click the .rar file

click the Extract button.

choose folder extration path ''C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules\Sword of Damocles - Invasion''

Extract

Double Click MnB shortcut

Choose Sword of Damocles - invasion

launch.

Hope this helps for anyone who gets confused by winrar.

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm the top of file named WinRAR 3.80 should work for you, it sais it has a trial so I just assume it does

Edit/added: You have to extract the files in the rar file directly into the module system I gave the instructions on how, use em :smile:

So I followed everything you said to the t...and its not showing up in the MnB client..just the Hegemony, native and timless kingdom... I checked the program files and it has everything under  the modules as it should...but still not showing up..... now I know what crack heads feel like when their in rehab...

Actually I fixed the problem, there was a double file created and MnB obvisouly wasn't reading the double folder that had the actual stuff in it..

Only thing now is how do I put the v4 Beta add on on?? Thanks for all the help so far btw.

Help, I also have a problem with downloading too.
I can't download version 4, because rapidshare keeps telling me that session expired no matter how many times I've tried.
I can download and play version 3 though. Please host it on somewhere else, thanks.

Janus said:
vonmistont said:
I thought that all mods are packed in rar format...
The simple EXE installer ones were made using this:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5488.0.html

Indeed it will make SoD look profesionsl :smile: Thanks.

yangboy> I will upload it somewhere else as well. I don't want to upload not tested beta to repository. Final version will go there (or this beta if there won't be serious bugs reported).

Back
Top Bottom