Source

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonmistont

Sergeant Knight
Source fo V4.

You may use this code under few restrictions. Most notably by using this code You are obliged to release your own source code.

First few general words. I'm very sensitive regarding credits. It's the only prize modder gets.

Restrictions regarding 3rd party Code.
1) There are some parts of code that are not mine. Most of Kingdom Management code (followed by #own) and part of Chancellor code belongs to Highlander. You must ask him to use it and credit Him for that.
2) There is also code (altered a bit by me in Patrols part) introducing Patrols/Regiments Bandit Bribery, Taver Recruitment, Talk to Village Elder and Ale Morale bost belonging to Geoffrey Ashe. You must give full credit to him for each feature (not just copy His name in Credits but write what exactly he has done! It's damn innovative code as well as excellent and widely spread Highlander's code and they deserve to have their name next to each feature You use.).
3) Autoloot code belongs to fisheye and he must be credited for it.

Restrictions regarding Sword of Damocles code:
1) PM me before release and tell me what are you using and where.
2) Credit me for everything I have done. No more no less.
3) If someone i.e. takes SoD code then just changes troop trees, faction names, map and adds few Magelord's tweaks I don't consider it to be a MnB mod. It's Mod to SoD and You can release it as such. I was trying from the very beginning to find someone to help me with making troops for SoD. I've found noone. Thus You can not use this code if You don't add new significant code yourself. Significant doesn't mean very very long or difficult. Just something from Yourself. Innovative or (subjectively) interesting code merging is also acceptable (keep in mind though that adding just the morale/formations etc. popular scripts will not do, as this features are planned to be within SoD as an option).
4) 3rd point relates to using whole or majority of SoD code. You can use smaller parts of this code without restrictions from the previous point.
5) Currently there are not too many Random Events implemented. But each event has description author name next to it. They must be credited.

Restrictions regarding non-code parts of SoD:
1) SoD uses many open source items. Their authors must be credited, though it's sometimes hard to tell which item belongs to whom. It's sure that many items come from Luigi's Dukes and Mercenaries. Many items come from OSP. All cloaks belong to Dain Ironfoot. I saw many items by Maw etc.
2) There are though some items or textures that I'm not sure if are open source as Spanky's items and banners from 1257. Ask Him before using them.
3) All weapons are tweaked by mouthnhoof. It was very serious and advanced tweaking. Not just some damage/range/speed changing. Anyone can do that. mouthnhoof added his own set of attributes to all weapons both new and native.
4) Finally there are many armor sets made exclusivly for SoD by Siofna. Here is Her statement:
As far as 'my' stuff is concerned (really only some armor textures), they were meant to be for SOD. Since vonmistont is the project leader (owner, main coder, inventor, put what you like since he does everything and it's his mod), it's up to him to decide, weather somebody else can use that stuff, because it's 'his'.

If you do use the stuff, it would be nice to find my name mentioned somewere BUT more important would be, that SOD is mentioned! A link to the forum topic would be nice!

Other than that, I can only stress one point, Von allready made: If you plan to start a mod, consider joining us first. Von has really great plans for this modification and we could use help in allmost any area you can imagine!

Be sure to read and understand all this restrictions. Good luck with modding.

And please before You start making new mod consider asking me to work together. MnB would benefit more if 10 modders instead of 10 small mods make one really big, significant deep mod.

http://rapidshare.com/files/188454042/ModuleSystem_V4_FINAL.rar

SoD 4.1 Source Code

The same rules Vonmistont laid out still apply to any mods using code from these source files. I plan to release the SC for SoD 5.0b1, but at the moment I'd rather release it to some experienced modders. PM me if you think you've got the skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom