SP Native Formations Compilation

Users who are viewing this thread

Pants!

Regular
Yo.

Let me first state that the vast majority of the work in this is not my own, but rather that of much more talented individuals. This is a compilation mod for ease of use, particularly for those unfamiliar with the module system. Credits are near the end of the post. Download is at the bottom, so I can pretend like you read this dreadfully long post I just wrote.  :lol:

This is a combination of Mirathei's formations, Chel's battle morale and Mirathei's shield bash for an otherwise Native experience. Don't like one of those? That's okay, because this 'mod' comes in 5 flavors (all included):

1. Formations Only
2. Shield Bash Only
3. Shield Bash + Formations
4. Morale + Formations
5. Shield Bash, Formations, & Morale

Notes:

Shield bash should be in ALL scenarios, including training, tutorial, quick battles, and tournaments.

Formations + morale is only in the lead charge template (that is, only in the normal battles you fight on the map, not special quest stuff, villages, or sieges)

How to use shield bash:

While unmounted, hold block and press attack. Note that you must have a shield to do this (just in case somebody missed that.. somehow..). Does not work on mounted soldiers.

How to use formations:

(Quoting Mirathei) "Controlls: use the default native controlls to select cavalry, infantry, or archers. Use j to order your troops to form ranks, k to order a wedge, u to bring them out of formation, or p to order them to form a line. Use the default native commands for movement (ie. hold, follow, charge, advance), including the tactical minimap."

Installation instructions:

1. Extract the archive anywhere you can find it.
2. Pick the modification that you like.
3. Make a copy of your Native folder.
4. Copy all of the text files from the folder you want into the copy of the Native folder you made, overwriting all (NOT you real Native folder!)
5. Enjoy.

Credits:

Mirathei - Formations kit + morale integration
Chel - Morale System
Mirathei, Zaro - Shield bash

The bulk of the fine work here was done by the talented folks above, the work on my behalf is just the convenience of the compilation.

PANTS! - Small footprint integration of shield bash into mission templates, with inspiration from maw
maw - Above stated inspiration
Taleworlds forums - Ideas, motivation

Relevant threads:

Battlefield Tactics Kit (Formations + Morale): http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,34685.0.html

Shield Bash (you can see the puny scripting I did here! Like 9 pages in or such..): http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,44290.0.html

And finally..

The Download: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=8&id=1029

FAQ

• Q: Is this mod compatible with other mods? A: That depends. It should be compatible with any mods that modify just the item kinds file, the troops file, the map, textures and graphics, or sound. Any mod that modifies the game mechanics, such as the scripts or mission triggers, will not work with this, however.
  • Q: What modifications can I apply to this? A: As listed above, anything that modifies the troops, items, parties, sound, music, map, or textures should be okay.
  • Q: Can I apply any/all of The Mage Lord's tweaks to this? A: Yes, you should be able to apply the vast majority or all of his text file tweaks.
  • Q Can I have the python source code so I can build my mod around this? A: Yup. I'll be releasing all of that soon, if i haven't already.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them in this thread and I will answer them as promptly as I am able (and add the question to the FAQ, if pertinent)

Enjoy.

Do let me know if anything isn't working properly, I didn't check every possible scenario with every one of them and I just noticed shield bash isn't working right in tournies, so I'm fixing that tomorrow. Otherwise, I've encountered no problems.

My mod and i would truly appreciate a shield bash + morale, without formations. If possible

And a very nice community mod here pants

No, only ones that do not edit scripts, mission templates, animations, ect.  If the mod is only eye-candy, there is probably no issue.  But, if gameplay changes are made, you won't be able to just plug this in and play.

Pagan said:
My mod and i would truly appreciate a shield bash + morale, without formations. If possible

And a very nice community mod here pants

Was wondering if that'd pop up. I'll toss it in today.

I planned on uploading the python files after I and the willing communtiy here had given it a testing. Seeing as I think I've worked most of the bugs out, that will be tonight. I didn't want to drop crappy code on developers and have them waste their work on something flawed.

Will update the main download tonight as well with the morale + shield bash option and a few minor tweaks (shield bash in tournaments, for one).

FAQ

• Q: Is this mod compatible with other mods? A: That depends. It should be compatible with any mods that modify just the item kinds file, the troops file, the map, textures and graphics, or sound. Any mod that modifies the game mechanics, such as the scripts or mission triggers, will not work with this, however.
  • Q: What modifications can I apply to this? A: As listed above, anything that modifies the troops, items, parties, sound, music, map, or textures should be okay.
  • Q: Can I apply any/all of The Mage Lord's tweaks to this? A: Yes, you should be able to apply the vast majority or all of his text file tweaks.
  • Q Can I have the python source code so I can build my mod around this? A: Yup. I'll be releasing all of that soon, if i haven't already.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them in this thread and I will answer them as promptly as I am able (and add the question to the FAQ, if pertinent)

Yo :smile:

I've a little problem with this mod, when I replace .txt files all the messages disappear (I mean, all in game indications : damages etc...)

If anyone have a solution I'll be grateful :smile:

thx

wow I didn't even know shield bash had been done.

Great. Thanks for the compilation and a little tutorial of the features. Great compilation, keep it up.

some precisions for my little problem :p

In game, in the messages log it's written

"SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1300 : Invalid Party ID:6113; LINE NO:32
At simple trigger trigger no:4
At simple trigger trigger no:4"

If it can help to resolve my problem :smile:

thx again

Erm, I have an error aswell  :oops:

"Invalid Number of Item Kinds: 454"

I have "Unique Armory" on my native, and I'm sure thats part of the problem  :neutral: (Unique Armory is a "mod" that adds weapons and armor to any module)

Strange thing is, my Item_kinds1 file says I have 433, so I tried just putting it to 454, but I still got an error.

I would so love to put all of these features into native (with unique armory  :wink:)

Halp!

-Crimson

crimsonstone said:
Erm, I have an error aswell  :oops:

"Invalid Number of Item Kinds: 454"

I have "Unique Armory" on my native, and I'm sure thats part of the problem  :neutral: (Unique Armory is a "mod" that adds weapons and armor to any module)

Strange thing is, my Item_kinds1 file says I have 433, so I tried just putting it to 454, but I still got an error.

I would so love to put all of these features into native (with unique armory  :wink:)

Halp!

-Crimson

Something is not matched up, there are more items or less than the number displayed at the top of item_kinds, i have ran into that as well.  I have 100 extra items in the mod i'm playing that i implemented. Adds the unique armory, jager surcoats, a new bow, new arrow, shields, swords, axes, ..lots of goodies..if you want i can email you the item_kinds1.txt, along with the resource and texture files.  These items i personally hand picked out of numerous other mods, and have them for personal use.  If you added these files all you would have to do is edit the module.ini and add the "load_mod_resource = " so just pm me if you want them.

Back
Top Bottom