[RELZ]Calradia Map Refinement

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm I am using the map now, not a saved game, Zaro 2.5 and 2.51 and Punkts texture pack installed and I can't access Tehlrog Castle. It simply wont let me in.

issuef.jpg

Click .. click .. click .. nothing.

-edit- slezkh is half buried in the mountain and inacessible so is Tilbault castle etc.

I guess the map works fine with the standard textures, so something in either Punkt's texture pack or Zaro's must have broken it?

Any ideas whats gone wrong?

huh.jpg
<-- inaccessible etc

Guess I'll just have to go back to the beginning and see. Ho hum.

Hmm nope. Even completely standard, fresh out the zip its broken.

standardbroke.jpg

Huh weird. When I load it up in the editor its completely different .. grr.

WTF. Must have done something screwey here:

wtftf.jpg

?!

Fixed it.

Something in Zaro or Punkt breaks it.

Trying to figure out what now ..

Confirmed: Punkts mountain.dds breaks the map.

It would be sweet if someone would do a tweaked version that works with the awesome textures ..

All those who have issues, dont use the mountain.dds, all the others are fine plains etc

Strange, are you sure you replaced the parties.txt? I also use Punkt's textures and I also remember using this.

It also doesn't make sense that a texture would break it. Textures don't influence the position of parties.

Great work on this! Awesome mod.
I was considering using this with the Custom Settlements mod... Does anyone know if the two are compatible?

Alright, thanks for the reply... I realized shortly after I posted that that they couldn't be since Custom Settlements replaces all of the native castles and cities... Sorry, stupid question.

This looks awesome!

I have one question though... I know that it is not compatible with saved games from the regular native map, but is there a way to install this and be able to start a new game with the Map Refinement, but also still be able to play my old saved file on the regular map? (Aside from overwriting the files every time I want to play one or the other)

Either way, I'll be downloading this shortly. Great work.

Lord of Puddingshire said:
does anyone know if you can save games started in the original map to this one? 
Unfortunately, no. You'll have to start a new game or it will bug out.
Aldwen said:
As of right now this mod is not save game compatible. Since I moved towns and castles around and made landscape changes around those movements there is a good possibility that saved games will load with towns and castles in strange or unreachable places.

I'll need to get a nice texture pack for this mod,i don't like Punkt's HiRes.
I need to give this settlement a little respect it's reeeally nice,i was thinking if there's a module with modern world so just use this in normal M&B and normal map in the other module (like all the wars would have broken the ground :lol:)
Very nice

Hey, hmm I replaced the party.txt and the map.txt, and the map changed of course but the texture of the map is the same. I don't know what caused that, any idea.?
BTW I installed several other mods, for example DX7 graphics patch, speed and stability, etc.
Edit: Nevermind.

damnimbored25 said:
Hey, hmm I replaced the party.txt and the map.txt, and the map changed of course but the texture of the map is the same. I don't know what caused that, any idea.?
BTW I installed several other mods, for example DX7 graphics patch, speed and stability, etc.
If you're referring to the new textures in the OP, they are from a texture pack located here.

there is just one proble.... i am playing magic mod and i cant find zendar city....  that kind sucks, because it is a huge disadvantage for the game..... some can help me please?????????? the rest i just very good, i like the new map...

It is highly unlikely that the map is compatible with that mod without some tweaking on your part. I recommend restoring the original parties.txt file and then using the map editor to tweak the city locations.

thats what iv done, i have moved zendar to one other location and i cant save that.....
i cant find the changed txt file....:sad:....

The map refinement only changes the map.txt file and the parties.txt file, so you only need to worry about those two. If it still won't work then you'll probably have to resort to restoring the original files and either playing it with the classic map or creating your own.

Back
Top Bottom