Prophesy of Pendor - V1.21 Introduction and Release For M&B 1.010/1.011

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
saxondragon said:
RayvenQ said:
How are you meant to get Empire Legionaries, Immortals, Gladiators etc? There's no troop tree upgrades for them nor have I found a way to get them (other than rescuing them from the enemy) is it supposed to be like that?

RayvenQ,

Good catch.  Looks like the link from Light Infantry (troop #635) to Heavy Infantry (# 8:cool: did not take.  Data error.  I will make a correction and post asap.  In the mean time, if you have the unofficial troop editor..

Just checking incase it was intentional. Also the Fierdsvain Maiden Cavalry/Sword Maiden/Valkyrie are all set to males too.

Just a minor troop suggestion, allow Fierdsvain Warriors to upgrade to Maiden Cavalry.

RayvenQ said:
saxondragon said:
RayvenQ said:
How are you meant to get Empire Legionaries, Immortals, Gladiators etc? There's no troop tree upgrades for them nor have I found a way to get them (other than rescuing them from the enemy) is it supposed to be like that?

RayvenQ,

Good catch.  Looks like the link from Light Infantry (troop #635) to Heavy Infantry (# 8:cool: did not take.  Data error.  I will make a correction and post asap.  In the mean time, if you have the unofficial troop editor..

Just checking incase it was intentional. Also the Fierdsvain Maiden Cavalry/Sword Maiden/Valkyrie are all set to males too.

Just a minor troop suggestion, allow Fierdsvain Warriors to upgrade to Maiden Cavalry.

Very good.  I caught the male/female switch and made the other modifications and will be uploading asap.  What is your rationale and thinking of allowing this modification?  The effect would be to take a level 30 troop and takes it to a level 10.  Warrior currently upgrades to Axeman or Berserker.. Do you mean Light infantry? 

froggyluv said:
Sorry, I guess I was wrong as right after I posted I was indeed assisted by my allies  :oops:

Froggyluv, thank you for the post.  You had me worried there for a few minutes. :smile:

Best,

Saxondragon

Well, Yeah Light infantry would be better, I dunno why I picked Warrior.

I'm also going over the Valkyrie equipment, making alterations to my personal tastes, removing swords, Jarl shields and Jarids from them and replacing them with War Spears, Huscarl Shields and Throwing Spears. Also giving them mail stuff in place of chausses, though keeping the torso armor. With the Lady Valkyries I'm giving them Sutton Hoo helmets too.

RayvenQ said:
Well, Yeah Light infantry would be better, I dunno why I picked Warrior.

I'm also going over the Valkyrie equipment, making alterations to my personal tastes, removing swords, Jarl shields and Jarids from them and replacing them with War Spears, Huscarl Shields and Throwing Spears. Also giving them mail stuff in place of chausses, though keeping the torso armor. With the Lady Valkyries I'm giving them Sutton Hoo helmets too.

I like what you are doing with this concept.. let me know, if you would, what final changes you implement! :smile:

Arzeal said:
I havent enjoyed nice reading like this for awhile  :grin:
downloading ...

Excellent!  Let me know what you think! :smile:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All--

I am restarting a character myself and running through from level 1 again just to freshly experience the game in roughly the same reference point as everyone in this first wave of early adopters. :smile:  I am having fun and still chuckle at some of the funny things that I see, do, encounter and fight.  (Did I mention that as a player I hate Noldor Ranger companies?). 

In general play there are many funny things that happen.  One that happened recently was I encountered an adventuring company and in numbers had them by about 2:1 and I had some fair troops.  Then I noticed to my horror that they had about a third of their force made of of Elven Rangers (they had somehow freed them as prisoners. From what I have no idea.).  Also of course, they were just a little faster than my group.  The battle was short, bloody and of course my guys lost badly.  I can still hear the "Thwump! Thwump! Thuwmp" of the Noldor arrows.

Share the funny things that happen to you..

Best,

Saxondragon

I'm writing down my ideas now, while at the same time looking through the BRF, so the items I post will be named by what they are in the BRF, not ingame.

Here's the changes I've made

Made the Fierdvain Trained Milita upgrade to Maiden Cavalry as well as Light Infantry.

Equipment List/Changes

Maiden Cavalry.

Spangenhelm
Polished Breastplate over Chainmail
Mail Mittens
Mail Chausses
Huscarls Round Shield
Nodor Goldleaf Warhorse
Fierdsvain Sword
Fierdsvain Longsword
Fierdscain Beserker sword
Shortened Spear
Spear
Lance
Broadhead Throwing Spear

+ Reduced the Polearm skill slightly to balance out them having both polearms and swords, No longer Guaranteed Range.

Sword Maidens.

Spangenhelm
Burnished Mail and Plate
Mail Mittens
Mail Boots
Huscarls Round Shield
Nodor Steppe Pony
Fierdsvain Sword
Fierdsvain Longsword
Fierdscain Beserker sword
Broadhead Throwing Spear

+ Reduced Polearm skill, increease one handed weapon skill.

Valkyrie.

Spangenhelm
Immortal Cavalry Armor
Mail Mittens
Mail Boots
Huscarls Round Shield
Blue Leather Draped Warhorse
War Spear
Broadhead Throwing Spear

Lady Valkyrie

Sutton Hoo
Burnished Plate and Chain Armor
Scale Gauntlets
Mail Boots
Huscarls Round Shield
Red Leather Draped Warhorse
War Spear
Broadhead Throwing Spear

+ Slight Increase in Polearms

Now all I need to do is check that they have the stats to be able to use what they have, though I think they should have enough.

Great writing man; you don't know how excited I was to scroll down and see a download link.

Remember to play it yourself too. Too many times we tend to focus more on perfecting our mod than actually playing it. Force yourself to sit down and go through it :smile:.

I love the old, King-Arthur-esque legends; the simple, fantasy stories that are so infinitely moving. Thanks man.

Elenmmare said:
Great writing man; you don't know how excited I was to scroll down and see a download link.

Remember to play it yourself too. Too many times we tend to focus more on perfecting our mod than actually playing it. Force yourself to sit down and go through it :smile:.

I love the old, King-Arthur-esque legends; the simple, fantasy stories that are so infinitely moving. Thanks man.
Glad you are enjoying it.  I am playing myself as you mention and having fun.  You are spot-on, it is always about enjoying playing, not necessarily about the nuts and bolts and added features.

Tibertus said:
I don't know if it's supposed to be like this, but Sarleon Squires don't upgrade to anything.

Thanks for the heads up Tibertus.. Yes.. Squires connect to Squire-at-arms that connect to knights.  The upgrade paths from Squires to Squire-at-arms and from Square-at-arms to Knight was missed.

#620 Squire -> #621 Sarleon Squire-at-arms
#621 Squire-at-arms ->#43 Knights

I am posting a new download now and trying to find out why I cannot upload a quick patch.

Best,

Saxondragon

Great to see some of my old stuff made it into this mod! Never thought I'd see them again but here they are.

I've played for about 1 game day. Noticed an occasional (but regular) spelling error. For example those red dude bandits (forgot about their name for a moment) have a "Guildslman" in their party. There's more though, so you might want to run it through MS Word spell check.

On top of that I was wondering if you could remove the bows from the tournaments, or even better give archers a short sword or something. So that they can at least block and strike back.

Congratulations on producing such a creative and interesting mod.  I actually dug up my old forum info so that I could post here.  I haven't yet had the chance to play deeply into the game, but I do have a couple of issue to report. 

First, with the update to 1.03, I don't seem to have a Party_Templates.txt file in the rar.  (It may just be something I'm doing wrong, though)

Second, last night I was stuck in a battle with a lone remaining Heretic of some sort, and he wouldn't die.  He was just frozen there, unmoving, and my men would shoot him with arrows but they wouldn't hit him with their melee weapons.  I wailed away at him, inflicting what must have been several hundred hp worth of damage, and he just stood there looking like a scarecrow used for target practice.  I'm wondering if this might have something to do with an artifact of some sort that I got, called "Rusty Heretic Skull Chainmail" that lowers my encumbrance to "-1.$", but doesn't allow me to walk or run.  I'm assuming that the scarecrow guy must have another one.  Is there any way to kill someone with one of those?  I ended up just retreating and then having my men auto-attack him.  I took a screenshot that I'll try to get uploaded.

Looking forward to exploring the mod much further. 

PS: Noldor Rangers are no joke!

Njiekovic said:
Great to see some of my old stuff made it into this mod! Never thought I'd see them again but here they are.

I've played for about 1 game day. Noticed an occasional (but regular) spelling error. For example those red dude bandits (forgot about their name for a moment) have a "Guildslman" in their party. There's more though, so you might want to run it through MS Word spell check.

On top of that I was wondering if you could remove the bows from the tournaments, or even better give archers a short sword or something. So that they can at least block and strike back.

First, thank YOU Nijiekovic for your work and willingness to donate your time to the OSP.  I do not have the skills to make these textures.  Also thank you for pointing out the spelling errors.  I used the troop editor for the troops, and well.. my eyes are not what they use to be even with glasses and that font is really small.  Regardless, your idea of dropping that file into word is a good one.  I will do this for the next patch.  Thank you.

I have recorded your request for archers, and will research it as the tourneys troops are dynamically given weapons.  I concur that the archers are a bit at a disadvantage in that regard.  Now, truth be told, I have not adjusted these tourney troops to match what you will likely find out there in the field.  What are your thoughts on this?

Viajero said:
Congratulations on producing such a creative and interesting mod.  I actually dug up my old forum info so that I could post here.  I haven't yet had the chance to play deeply into the game, but I do have a couple of issue to report. 

First, with the update to 1.03, I don't seem to have a Party_Templates.txt file in the rar.  (It may just be something I'm doing wrong, though)

Second, last night I was stuck in a battle with a lone remaining Heretic of some sort, and he wouldn't die.  He was just frozen there, unmoving, and my men would shoot him with arrows but they wouldn't hit him with their melee weapons.  I wailed away at him, inflicting what must have been several hundred hp worth of damage, and he just stood there looking like a scarecrow used for target practice.  I'm wondering if this might have something to do with an artifact of some sort that I got, called "Rusty Heretic Skull Chainmail" that lowers my encumbrance to "-1.$", but doesn't allow me to walk or run.  I'm assuming that the scarecrow guy must have another one.  Is there any way to kill someone with one of those?  I ended up just retreating and then having my men auto-attack him.  I took a screenshot that I'll try to get uploaded.

Looking forward to exploring the mod much further.  

PS: Noldor Rangers are no joke!
Welcome back Viajero, and I am very happy that you are enjoying this mod. 

I am at a loss as to what happened to you here.  I looked up the Heretic armor and do not see that it has any strange negative numbers.  Weight is 19, which is in the range for chainmail.  It may be possible that there is something else going on.  My advice is to rename the item_kinds1.txt file to item_kinds1_old.txt then re-apply the patch. 

You are not missing anything, It was my mistake on the party_templates.  That was a very minor observation by myself and does not affect game-play to any great degree.  I will include it in an update in a few days. 

Best,

Saxondragon

saxondragon said:
First, thank YOU Nijiekovic for your work and willingness to donate your time to the OSP.  I do not have the skills to make these textures.  Also thank you for pointing out the spelling errors.  I used the troop editor for the troops, and well.. my eyes are not what they use to be even with glasses and that font is really small.  Regardless, your idea of dropping that file into word is a good one.  I will do this for the next patch.  Thank you.

I have recorded your request for archers, and will research it as the tourneys troops are dynamically given weapons.  I concur that the archers are a bit at a disadvantage in that regard.  Now, truth be told, I have not adjusted these tourney troops to match what you will likely find out there in the field.  What are your thoughts on this?[/font]

You're very welcome. I had originally made those as a donation to another mod, but unfortunately that hasn't made it out of its early beta phase yet. So that's why I'm glad you've put them to good use afterall.

"What are your thoughts on this?" If that is a way of asking how I'd like to see the tournaments arranged, then read the following.  :lol:
For one thing, it would be very nice to see the tournament style in each city adapted to the city's culture. For the Empire you could perhaps do some roman style (historical) battles with two teams in theme dresses. If you could have one faction focus more on archery, it would be very nice to have an archery tournament; shooting targets instead of each other. The more chivalric factions could have one on one jousts (preferably with the railing in the middle, don't know how AI would respond to that though) or foot fights (or both). You can nicely line up the choice of weapons with each of these types.
If you want to keep the tournament set up similar to what it is now, you would already make things a lot better if you gave archers just one pack of arrows and a side blade (one that can block). Or maybe even a side blade that doesn't block and a small shield (something like this: http://www.latex-weaponry.com/images/shield_archer_fd009.jpg about a foot (30cm) in diameter). You could also adjust the weapons, shields and armor offer depending on culture.

Depends on how far you want to take it. But something other than "death match" or "team death match" would be very nice to see. I'm going to play your mod now!
I'll let you know if I find more.

Amazing! Great job! This must be the longest story for Mount&Blade modification.
Thumbs up! :mrgreen:

EDIT: But you could sure add some screenshots to get more people interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom