Mount&Blade community IRC channel

Users who are viewing this thread

For those of you who didn't know, there's a Mount&Blade community IRC channel. It's run by Maolvar and frequented by various people including myself, Lost-Lamb and Winter. The channel is on QuakeNet and it's called, surprisingly enough, #mount&blade. Feel free to come over and shoot your yap, but there's something you should be aware of:

The channel is unofficial. This means forum rules don't apply... which also means said rules are not there to protect you. From anything. The natives can be hostile, so consider yourselves warned.

The channel is also more or less completely off-topic. If you're interested in discussing the game, you'd probably be better served by #mount&blade-warband.

If you're still interested, go ahead and join. Just in case you're new to IRC, here are a few tutorials to get you started:

In Finnish

In English

i said penis and someone told me to ban myself at once...i did kick ban on myself thinking someone would get the joke and remove the ban after :razz:

WipperSnipper said:
Would be helpful if you gave us the actual website for those of us who have no friggin clue what Irc is.

IRC isn't a website, it's Internet Relay Chat, a real-time chat system that runs multiple servers, each capable of supporting a whole host of user channels.

To access it, you'll need an IRC client, like mIRC (http://www.mirc.com/) and I'm sure if you follow okiN's tutorial link, you'll manage to connect to the server.

Yoshiboy said:
i said penis and someone told me to ban myself at once...i did kick ban on myself thinking someone would get the joke and remove the ban after :razz:

I told you to ban yourself.. and yes it was funny, not the banning itself, but in fact the absence of the unbanning.

And okin, could you please remove the finnish tutorial from your first post? There's enough of that strange finnish gibberish already, no need to support that even further :wink:

Pharaoh Llandy said:
IRC isn't a website, it's Internet Relay Chat, a real-time chat system that runs multiple servers, each capable of supporting a whole host of user channels.

To access it, you'll need an IRC client, like mIRC (http://www.mirc.com/) and I'm sure if you follow okiN's tutorial link, you'll manage to connect to the server.

That's all in the tutorial. All he had to do was look.

chadz, bite me. :razz:

Okay, this is prejudiciminism. Why is he allowed to ban himself, but I can't? I demand someone ban me immediately. Ban me or, I swear, I'll sue this place for everything it's worth!!

=$=

He's allowed to ban himself and you're not because he's a channel operator and you're not. However, I promise to ban you myself as soon as you make your way to the channel. You have my word as a gentleman.

Im in the chatroom now i think, all i can see is some collapsed email fella, at least his name starts with @ and seems quite dead. :razz:

The place seems empty otherwise... :wink:

That's because you're in the wrong place. I'm guessing you're on the wrong network, probably efnet since that's where Juno and Cataphract were before they found the channel. Hit Alt-E, select Quakenet in the "IRC Network" list, pick the alternative that's closest to you in "IRC server", and click "Connect To Server". You should now be connected to quakenet. If so, type "/join #mount&blade" and you're set.

Wouldn't this sticky be better off in M&B Discussion? I mean, it *is* still kinda M&B related, ain't it?

Back
Top Bottom