The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
smith1215 said:
If you play as an Orc / Uruk Hai, would you be able to fight for one of the good factions (Rohan, Gondor, etc)?

- Theoden, have you got quest for me?

- Ahh... Hello Ugruk, yes I have. Could you commit suicide you ugly, nasty orc!

:razz:

Czu_Czu said:
smith1215 said:
If you play as an Orc / Uruk Hai, would you be able to fight for one of the good factions (Rohan, Gondor, etc)?

- Theoden, have you got quest for me?

- Ahh... Hello Ugruk, yes I have. Could you commit suicide you ugly, nasty orc!

:razz:
Haha, right on. If you look like an orc, you can obviously belong only to factions that have orcs, and they are all evil, there's no switching sides or flexible feudal allegiance like in MB - you choose your home faction during character creation. Of course, you can go over and help out the human Umbar pirates, Khand, Rhun, Dunland or Haradrim, and recruit their soldiers, but never change a faction.
The only exception to this if your faction is destroyed, then you get to choose a faction from your surviving allies, and become one of them.

Triglav said:
Well, we do have some berserkers, or at least berserker types, and some do have swords too, so...

Yeah, but he means the double spiked cleaver from the movies.

This?

uruk-hai.jpg

Triglav said:
Right.

Well, newsflash, this isn't a movie mod.  :smile:

which doesn't mean we don't have fairly similar swords. Just not the berserker twice-spiked one.

A one-handed cleaver and a two-handed cleaver like that are in the .808 release, so I would imagine they will be in the next release as well. I used to really enjoy playing an uruk-hai.

Oh, while I am on the subject - there better not be any female dwarves in this mod. :razz: Purists, unite!

N0ught said:
Oh, while I am on the subject - there better not be any female dwarves in this mod. :razz: Purists, unite!

This one's from the Lord of the Rings Wiki:
There is no mention of the appearance or fashion of dwarf women. In fact there is only mention of one female dwarf in the entire works of Tolkien: Dís, the daughter of Thráin II and the mother of Fíli and Kíli.
I think that's proof enough that there are dwarf women. They just don't run around waving battle axes.

I remember that Gimli once talked about dwarf-women, saying that they are 1/3 of the population, and humans tend to
mistake them as male.

Then again, I think I could have confused it with Eragon or something.

not only that, in silmarillion  a sister or a mother apears somewhere. also there are some small hidden "she",  or " her " references about dwarves on tolkien stories.

at least we know :
a) dwarves don't grow from stones
b) there are very few dwarven ladies on the books.

so we can get clear that poligamy might be very used if every great dwarf wants a son  :mrgreen:

I think the Dwarven men can have children.  They just sodomize and wahlah: a new Dwarf. 

Would men with a birth defect that stunts their growth be considered Dwarves or Men? 

Tolkien left so many unanswered questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom