Medieval Duke & Mercenaries Altman Version

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a submod for Luigi's Medieval Duke and Mercenaries from 19. Nov 2008. (last edit) for M&B 1.011

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,51303.0.html

Medieval Duke and Mercenaries Altman Version 1.01c is gives you a little finishing touch of the Luigi's masterpiece.

medievaldukeqd5.jpg

Latest full release is Altman version 1.01:

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=971

Latest Patch 1.01c: (incremental from 1.01 to 1.01c)

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=981

Instalation:
- just unrar and copy it to your M&B/Modules folder. It's a stand alone mode which is ment to be played along with the original Luigi's release. It's not save compatible. Generaly it adds to Luigi's masterpiece more modded units and makes things a little more difficult. Enjoy

Here are the changes in 1.0 version:

- Swadian Lords reequipped (mostly helmets)
- Rhodok Lords reequipped (mostly helmets)
- Vaegirs Lords totally reequipped (new armor, helmets and gauntlets)
- Nord Lords only couple changed helmets
- Kings Haralus, Graveth and Yarolek reequipped
- all claimants better equipped
- Swadian Archers and Swadian Sharpshooters tweaked a little bit (archers have heraldic armor with tabard while sharpshooters with surcoat, no more brigantine)
- Swadian Castle guard tweaked (heraldic mail surcoat added)
- Khergit Horse Archer added boots which were missing
- Camp defender and Sword Sister better equipped (more helmets added)
- Sea Raiders have more armor and some hallberds
- New helmets made stronger and more expensive (All Dark Knight helmets, Knight helmet, Bascinet, Barbute, Salads and Pigface) (The only problem is that they require strength 7 not higher)
- Khergit Guard helmet made slightly stronger while Great and Great Winged helmet slightly weaker and price tweaked (To adjust them with Dark Knight helmets)
- Trainers have better cloths (trainer near Jelkala is dressed like Rhodok heavy infantry, rest just some armor)
- Manhunters renamed into Militia Patrol and the order in the patrol is tweaked so the Land Lord comes first and the recruits last
- Ordinary and Unremarkable townsmen reequipped so they seem townsmen (from the follow the spy mission)
- soldiers in the tutorial better equipped
- kidnapped girl added different dresses
- little picture in the start menu has the name of the mod
- warrider logo has the name of the mod but its done badly and it has a black edges (but its cool anyways)
- text bugs corrected in the name of equipment and troops

Instalation:
- just unrar and copy it to your M&B/Modules folder. It's a stand alone mode which is ment to be played along with the original Luigi's release. It's not save compatible. Generaly it adds to Luigi's masterpiece more units and makes things a little more difficult. Enjoy

Altman version 1.0

http://files.filefront.com/Dukes+Mercs+Altman+V10rar/;12488662;/fileinfo.html

I will make another link when I upload it to the repository. If the filefront is not friendly just be patient.

While playing I noticed that Nord Archers fight with fists. I took a look and noticed they have no melee weapon. So I decided to add them swords. Looking into troops I noticed that Vaegir Marksmen also have no melee weapon. And then I decided to make a little patch for Altman version. This is final now and no more changes in this mod are necessary (I hope).

Altman version patch 1.01 changes list:

- Nord Archer swords added
- Vaegir Marksmen swords added
- Sea Raiders Norman shields added (4 types)
- Outlaws Norman shield added (2 types)
- Scorches Norman shield added (1 type) - these shields add diversity to small factions
- Forest Bandits tweaked a little bit (linen shirt removed, helmet with cap added, they always have hoods/helmets)
- Swadian knight tweaked (bascinet removed)
- Khergit castle guard tweaked (more helmets and gloves added)
- Sanjar Khan reequipped (lamelar armor and Khergit guard helmet added)
- Dustum Khan reequipped (lamelar armor and Khergit war helmet added) - I noticed something wrong with their guard armor
- Some Swadian lords tweaked (better equipped and some civil boots changed)

Patch 1.01 is out (incremental from 1.0 to 1.01):

http://files.filefront.com/DM+Altman+V+Patch+101rar/;12520236;/fileinfo.html

Instalation:

- just unrar and copy it to your M&B/Modules/Duke and Mercs Altman Version folder. Overwrite when it asks. You can do it manually also. 3 files are inside. Troops.txt, main.bmp and warriderlogo.dds.

Patch 1.01b

- Swadian Knight tweaked (Swadian Tournament Helmet added)
- Swadian Castle Guard tweaked (Swadian Tournament helmet added, gauntlets added, pikes removed, swords added)
- Tournament Helmet for Swadian Knight made stonger and more expensive

Patch 1.01b (incremental from 1.01 to 1.01b)

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=975

Instalation:

- just unrar and copy it to your M&B/Modules/Duke and Mercs Altman Version folder. Overwrite when it asks.

Patch 1.01c

- Swadian Knight on Foot tweaked so he becomes an upgrade of Swadian Hallbardier (he was unacesable for the player)
- Swadian Castle Guard tweaked (always has gloves)
- Vaegir archer tweaked so he always has a helmet

Some screenshots of the features:

Adorno said:
Looking good. If I wasn't working all weekend I'd try it out.  :sad:

So now that you've tried modifying, what's the next project for Altman?  :smile:

No plans. I want to enjoy the mod for some time. I must confess I must study for my bar exam so modding is just if I get the inspiration. I am waitng to see what Luigi is going to release next. I am helping a little bit in Calradia Rising mod. I got a hero. He is named Altmanngoth. Also I have to provide backround and conversation for him and for his ex girlfriend. I named her Tanya. But MT D&M Altman V is so great now I am really having a blast playing.  :grin:

Hey I have played tons of mods so far and this one seems quite good, for the first minute I played it that is. I am in middle of this big battle between farmers and mercs and windows crashes. (the program stops working I mean) It has never done it with any other mods I play.

Vostroyan1 said:
Hey I have played tons of mods so far and this one seems quite good, for the first minute I played it that is. I am in middle of this big battle between farmers and mercs and windows crashes. (the program stops working I mean) It has never done it with any other mods I play.

What mercs? It never hapened to me? Did you download from this thread and made a stand alone mod?

I made tests and joined a couple of batles with Scorchers and wilagers, sea raiders. Everything fine. It must be you mate.

I downloaded the original and downloaded yours. And I see that they are sepreate so I just played yours, and in any random battles, pacificly when I am about to win, it says mount and blade has stopped working, which it never has done for any other mods I have played.

Do you have vista, because thats what I have and that tends to screw everything.

I have also experienced crashes to desktop every time i have tried running this mod. It happens with Luigis Original also. Either first time i try to talk to someone, or the first time i try to enter combat. im running Vista. it hasnt happened with any other mod.

Sorry boys. I have XP. It must be something from Luigi's original. I have no problems at all. I played today. Tryed to enter all kind of battles and no problems at all. I have no problems with Luigi's original too. I am really sorry to hear that but you have to ask Luigi what is wrong.

While playing I noticed that Nord Archers fight with fists. I took a look and noticed they have no melee weapon. So I decided to add them swords. Looking into troops I noticed that Vaegir Marksmen also have no melee weapon. And then I decided to make a little patch for Altman version. This is final now and no more changes in this mod are necessary (I hope).

Altman version patch 1.01 changes list:

- Nord Archer swords added
- Vaegir Marksmen swords added
- Sea Raiders Norman shields added (4 types)
- Outlaws Norman shield added (2 types)
- Scorches Norman shield added (1 type) - these shields add diversity to small factions
- Forest Bandits tweaked a little bit (linen shirt removed, helmet with cap added, they always have hoods/helmets)
- Swadian knight tweaked (bascinet removed)
- Khergit castle guard tweaked (more helmets and gloves added)
- Sanjar Khan reequipped (lamelar armor and Khergit guard helmet added)
- Dustum Khan reequipped (lamelar armor and Khergit war helmet added) - I noticed something wrong with their guard armor
- Some Swadian lords tweaked (better equipped and some civilian boots changed)

Patch is out:

http://files.filefront.com/DM+Altman+V+Patch+101rar/;12520236;/fileinfo.html

Instalation:

- just unrar and copy it to your M&B/Modules/Duke and Mercs Altman Version folder. Overwrite when it asks. You can do it manually also. 3 files are inside. Troops.txt, main.bmp and warriderlogo.dds.

Thanks.

Well I missed one thing. I found out where are the tournament helmets so I made a mini patch where I added those helmets to Swadian Knights who are super cool now. Swadian castle guard is also tweaked. Here you go.

Patch 1.01b

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=975

Screenshot

This small patch tweakes Swadian Knight on Foot that becomes an upgrade of Swadian Hallbardier

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=981

File History:

Patch 1.01c

- Swadian Knight on Foot tweaked so he becomes an upgrade of Swadian Hallbardier (he was unaccesable for the player)
- Swadian Castle Guard tweaked (always has gloves)
- Vaegir archer tweaked so he always has a helmet

This is uber-cool mod, got me glued to the screen for some time (too bad it's 2.am here and I'll have to get up to work in 5 hours -.-) ... I'd like to try vaegirs, could you give ma hint on troop trees, please? I'd like to know also if Vaegir horsemen are of any use or should I rather cocentrate on archers. Thanks in advance.

Verdelet said:
This is uber-cool mod, got me glued to the screen for some time (too bad it's 2.am here and I'll have to get up to work in 5 hours -.-) ... I'd like to try vaegirs, could you give ma hint on troop trees, please? I'd like to know also if Vaegir horsemen are of any use or should I rather cocentrate on archers. Thanks in advance.

Vaegirs are now much more European now.

recruit-skirmisher-archer-marksman
recruit-pikeman-veteran-horseman-knight
                                -hallberdier-knight on foot

I think it's like that. Horseman are better. Thier archer are not that strong anymore.

Great news for the fans. I menaged to unite Dukes with kingdom features and a new mod is born. So for all people who missed menaging your own kingdoms and recruiting lords, etc. with cool units mod is comming. It will not be Dukes anymore but it will contain most of the work! Thanks to vonmistont for doing the modding work of uniting features.

I noticed 2 annoying things in 'Dukes in Mercenaries' and wondered if you could fix it:

1 -  These new units of scorchers, etc drop unnaturally huge amount of loot. Kina breaks the game

2 - Duplicity of equipment: 2 kinds of bascinet etc, new 2 handed swords not wieldable from horseback but also presence
    of native 2 handed swords with sometimes better stats that work just fine from horseback.

Thanks

Slaad said:
I noticed 2 annoying things in 'Dukes in Mercenaries' and wondered if you could fix it:

1 -  These new units of scorchers, etc drop unnaturally huge amount of loot. Kina breaks the game

2 - Duplicity of equipment: 2 kinds of bascinet etc, new 2 handed swords not wieldable from horseback but also presence
    of native 2 handed swords with sometimes better stats that work just fine from horseback.

Thanks

Outlaws and Scorchers produce to much loot. Its not fixable. The way to change it is to reduce the diversity of their equipment. It's kinda stupid, I know but small price to pay.

Some objects are called the same but are not the same. Its easy to change but that are 2 or 3 types of the same helmet or sword. So no need to change it. If you want you can change it for your self in the items1.txt. Look for it and name like you want. And some swords are to heavy to be used on a horse and thats why they are not horseusable sord to say.

Back
Top Bottom