B Other More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10

Users who are viewing this thread

What sound files modify the, "moving on world map" sounds? the sound is getting annoying and loud. But otherwise, I LOVE the mod

I appreciate the work that went into this but I mostly just have criticsm for the mod, so if you don't want to hear primarily negative commentary then stop reading this post and move to the next one. I tried this mod and want to let people interested in a mostly critical reaction know my opinion before they try it.

First off I did not like the mismatched voicework. I am also critical of the native grunts and yells, but at least they were consistent. The voices were too unrealistic, random, and exaggerated for my tastes. After one battle with this mod I exited the game spent about 20 minutes replacing all the new voices with the old ones. Then I came back and tried a few more battles.

The sword-on-sword, sword-on-flesh sounds and such, individually, are VERY good. But once you have a big battle going it begins to sound very tinny. It sounds more like a bunch of tin pans being beaten on by forks. It doesn't sound like a battle anymore. For whatever reason the combined effect did less for me than vanilla sounds.

Many of the sounds have too much resonance. A shield typically is made of multiple materials and doesn't ring so much, even a metal one. Normally realism isnt -too- important for me, but the effect detracts in my opinion instead of adds. The shield sounds in particular are too dominant/loud/resonant now. When you get a bunch of arrows in your shield you dont really hear anything else like you do with vanilla sounds.

Lastly there is no "thunder" anymore in a large number hoofbeats, its more muffled. Possibly more realistic how a hoof would sound on grass, I'll admit that. And it sounds okay with a couple horses. But the old hoofbeats sound a lot more intimidating in large numbers in my opinon.

THEMIK said:
yes. but still could be nice if there could be added more sounds like new screams :razz:
You should test my mod along with More Metal:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,157494.0.html

It changes all the pain and death sounds, swing grunts also.

Hey whenever I move on the map I keep hearing the sound of a battle taking place. I thought there were two parties fighting but I realized that whenever I more and click on the map, I hear this sound.

How can I fix that?

oceanrage said:
Hey whenever I move on the map I keep hearing the sound of a battle taking place. I thought there were two parties fighting but I realized that whenever I more and click on the map, I hear this sound.

How can I fix that?

You probably did the same as me and copied the wrong "sounds.txt" file - use the sounds.txt file located in the Warband folder. Should run ok afterwards.

This is from the Readme:

-FOR WARBAND-

Same steps as above but use the "sounds.txt" file in the Warband folder instead.

BTW this mod is compatable with 1.134 :smile:

I got no sound at all. Followed instructions mod the .ini and all. Added it to floris mod its as if its not linked propor...?

fixed that but now got echo. weird uhn?

Back
Top Bottom