B Other More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone know how to get the really annoying yells out like "I will tear you limb from limb!" and annoying quotes like that, I like everything else but thats is annoying. I meant all yells that come from bandits or sea raiders or looters whnever you talk to them.

I would like to get the old yells back not the "I will tear you limb from limb!"

EDIT : Ok I figured it out how to get the vanilla yells back and take away the dreadful new yells. JUst delete man_yells ( i deleted all the man_yells, man_insults,man_shortyell, and man_victory. Then copy and paste the sounds from the native sound folder (NOTE : Not sounds in native module folder but the mount and blade warband folder, the one where you select modules folder to get to native.) specifically copy and paste all the man_yells, man _insults, man_short yell, and man_victory into the native sounds folder ( the same place that you deleted the other sounds). And thats it no more annoying "I will tear you limb from limb!" and stuff like that. It worked for me. BTW use the sunds.txt included with the download and don't change anything in it.

You can change any sound as long as there is an identical one in native to copy over.

Hey man I have a really annoying prblem wit this mod that has made it unplayable for me. I found that when I cam on the campaign map I hear the sound it makes when there are 2 parties fighting it out nearby, but it repeats and overlaps the sound over and over and over again so that you just get this continuos screaming. Drives me absolutely bonkers, do you know how to fix this?

Just got M&B Warband reinstalled finally after my last round of pc upgrades and a fresh formatting I hadnt had a chance to get the game back up yet.
I Searched and found there were a few updates to diplomacy mod which i use most and the base Warband game since I played last so I of course DL'ed the current ones and confirmed from searching the posts to confirm the mod was stable with the current of the base game.
I also loved the More Metal Sound mod as well so I re-added it to my mods folders, altered the line in the module.ini  , and as far as I can tell the sounds seem to be behaving properly in game, except I no longer here any of the interface sounds, I tested to make sure it wasnt just the whole game by swapping over to Native and laodign that up where the interface sounds were behaving properly.

Did I make a small slip somewhere or is it perhaps a conflict between the current version of the diplomacy mod and the more metal sound mod?

Edit: So apparently the interface sounds are there just very very low volume , will test other areas of the game more, at the very least the places I wanted sound the most are still working as intended(battles)

I've installed this mod to my Native game and now on my overworld, it's caught in an endless loop of battle sounds? Is there a way to stop this? I've tried setting the scan_sound command to 1 and 0, removed the sound files from the sound folder. Nothing seems to work.

Edit: Ok, I reinstalled the game and this seems to have fixed the problem. Not sure if this will work for everybody but it worked for me.

Guys I need your support, 1st I get error messages when I enter any city, some city_ambiant sound or whatever it is.
2nd when I am walking with my party on the map, instead of horse walking sound it plays men screaming and it's very annoying.
Any ideas what's wrong?

Google More Metal Sound Mod V2.2

And go to the second link -> More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 (1.010/1.011 & Warband)

Thats if the link is dead.

Or try this way http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1044

hungryman52 said:
Hey man I have a really annoying prblem wit this mod that has made it unplayable for me. I found that when I cam on the campaign map I hear the sound it makes when there are 2 parties fighting it out nearby, but it repeats and overlaps the sound over and over and over again so that you just get this continuos screaming. Drives me absolutely bonkers, do you know how to fix this?

Hey i found a way to solve those screaming problem on the world map

just go to your m&b warband file => sounds

and there delete the file - Battle

you lose this soundfile, but its a low cost loss because now you have epic battlesounds :smile:

(save this file somewhere on you pc to get it back, if you want)

greetings Hakku :wink:

Hi awsome mod! love the sound effects but when i start up NordInvasion it crashes with an RGL error saying 'Unable to open Modules/NordInvasion/Sounds.txt????? HELP :shock: :???:

so is this mod dead because it looks really cool and i downloaded it just i couldn't hear the horse on the main map but everything else worked. but not ear the horse
is like a game breaker almost. i just wanna know if im late to the more steel sounds party..

I installed it, but whenever I move on the world map it plays the battle sounds (I will hear clashing and yelling when I start to run on the map.) Did I install it wrong or something?

I have this for tocan's..But I recently started playing Europe 1200 and the hoof steps volume is actually excellent. Will this sound mod change that volume and if so, how can I prevent that? 1200 has no metal sounds so I would like to install....

Edit:Nvm, just just mixed native sounds with the mod's...easy enough

Also for above me. I think that this doesn't work for some mods correctly, I hear the death scream echoing over and over and over and over again when on the world map (Europe 1200)...its really annoying

Best sound mod ever. Awesome work man.

MetalMessiah said:
I installed it, but whenever I move on the world map it plays the battle sounds (I will hear clashing and yelling when I start to run on the map.) Did I install it wrong or something?
The1stJackal said:
I have this for tocan's..But I recently started playing Europe 1200 and the hoof steps volume is actually excellent. Will this sound mod change that volume and if so, how can I prevent that? 1200 has no metal sounds so I would like to install....

Edit:Nvm, just just mixed native sounds with the mod's...easy enough

Also for above me. I think that this doesn't work for some mods correctly, I hear the death scream echoing over and over and over and over again when on the world map (Europe 1200)...its really annoying
Same problem happened to me. You probably copied the wrong sounds.txt file. You have to copy the sounds.txt which is in the More Metal Sounds/ Warband folder. Not the one in the Extra folder. And copy txt file to your desired module folder. And overwrite.

Back
Top Bottom