How long do lame horses take to heal?

Users who are viewing this thread

wilfogn

Recruit
I am curious, my lame one stayed that way all the way to the bandit fort and back to the starter town. I rode it to the fort but it never took damage in battle. Then I gave it a rest and carried it back, still lame though. How long does it take to heal?

Good question, I've had lame horses that never seemed to improve. Also, can a horse be cured of lameness by giving it to Borcha or Marnid, since horses used by them (apparently) never get permanently injured in battle?

About a week. I bought some lame horses from the merchants when was short of money and they healed after a while. It usualy takes less then a 24h to cross the whole map, so you have to be patient.

Bloody hell I didn't even know you could heal horses. The amount of times I've sold a lame (formerly spirited) warhorse or charger is unbelievable. If only I'd known...DOH!!!! :evil:

Gilrain said:
Bloody hell I didn't even know you could heal horses. The amount of times I've sold a lame (formerly spirited) warhorse or charger is unbelievable. If only I'd known...DOH!!!! :evil:

Don't feel too badly; apparently, after the horse is cured of lameness, it loses whatever special characteistics it previously had, such as Spirited, Heavy, Stubborn, or even Swaybacked. Or so I am told - I've never seen a horse recover.

yes they do especialy when your horse gets crippled and you steal someones charger then next round its gone and you cant even change for a dcent horse out of your inventory :cry:

whats really cool about horses is when they jump of things they die i thiink thats really cool sometimes i just jump off a cliff cos its like tehy flying like they pegasus or soemthing. wee of to the sun :grin:

Hmmm, every post ive read from Jockey has been more or less disturbing........

*looks at post................looks some more.................shakes head and closes thread*

Not really, only the ones he made today. If you take a look at his post history he has made a few coherent posts in the past.

It's a good thing we are not off topic!

But here is a question: If you have a good trade bonus, can you make money buying lame horses and selling them when they heal?

Probably. I don't do trade, I usually don't have the patience.
Hah, Worbah, you are the absolute best at summarizing crap in to one sentence.

It may just possibly be a compliment. Maybe.

Speaking of maybe, you probably can heal lame horses and sell them back for more money. You could also likely make more money using your limited inventory spaces trading wheat instead.

Yoshiboy said:
apart from that a lame horse sucks in battle :sad:

I usually always keep 3 horses in my inventory. This helps to evade battles I don't want to battle. And even a lame horse helps a lot to compensate the additional weight.

I don't buy lame horses and heal them for selling, but in the beginning of the game I buy (for example) lame courser for half price and after a while I have healthy courser to use. Meanwhile coursers have little armor and often get crippled. So at the end of the battle I put the crippled horse in the inventory and pull out the next already healed courser

Back
Top Bottom