Hegemony in Medieval 2 Total War

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banzai!

Banned
I used to play and mod Medieval 2 Total War before being introduced to M&B. I missed the graphics of M2TW so I ported a unit from Hegemony into M2TW.

legion1mx9.jpg

I think the results are pretty good. Ever think about making a Medieval II Total War version of Hegemony?

Nah its the Rome Total war version of Mount and Blade, also if Banzai's claim is true, its a bit silly when you could just play R:TW and have that unit already in it.  :shock:

No actually its inspired from my time playing EB, RTR, and the TW series in general, as well as my interest and what knowledge I have on the era.

Banzai! said:
I think the results are pretty good. Ever think about making a Medieval II Total War version of Hegemony?

Only a thought. The TW games usually gets saturated with similar mod themes, so it's kind of hard to theme on something unique, which is what i'm always after.

I teamed on The Frontier for a while, and did a few things there. First thing I learned was that coding for TW series can be extremely annoying, so i'm not terribly encouraged to get involved again on modding for the TW series.

Hopefully ETW will bring with it better access to mod tools.

DaveDaDude said:
Nah its the Rome Total war version of Mount and Blade, also if Banzai's claim is true, its a bit silly when you could just play R:TW and have that unit already in it.  :shock:

The Hegemony team made new models for 268BC which are way more high poly than anything seen in RTW.

ealabor would you let me use the Hegemony material to make a tiny submod for M2TW, e.g. Rome vs. Hellenics.

Banzai! said:
DaveDaDude said:

The Hegemony team made new models for 268BC which are way more high poly than anything seen in RTW.

ealabor would you let me use the Hegemony material to make a tiny submod for M2TW, e.g. Rome vs. Hellenics.

Many of the older models still in the .960 release are not by my hands. You would have to check the information center thread to see who the authors are for permission.

The transferred models look great though. But yes, I can only imagine how much the polys would slow it down.

ealabor said:
Banzai! said:
DaveDaDude said:

Many of the older models still in the .960 release are not by my hands. You would have to check the information center thread to see who the authors are for permission.

The transferred models look great though. But yes, I can only imagine how much the polys would slow it down.

Well I'll carry on converting one unit on average a day. High polys won't be an issue because its very easy to make lods (automated).

Hegemony Spartan Hoplites. Two version: "historical" (dunce caps) and badass.

spartiatesaz8.jpg

Shield Wall!

shieldwallrc7.jpg

Combat.

combatjz5.jpg

Once I've rigged the linothorax I'll be on easy street since practically all Greek units use either linothorax or muscle cuirass.

ealabor said:
How far do you propose to take this mod.

And further, you have no interest in working here?

I intend to make a "Hegemony: Battle For Greece" mod with two/three playable factions (Rome, Macedon and Greek Cities). The factions will be able to recruit a few exotic units as mercenaries, e.g. scythian rider, thracian rhomphasauras, ptolemaic gallic mercenaries and gaesatae.

Do I have permission to make a mod announcement on TWC and recruit a team (mapper + 2d artist)?

I don't have the contact details for the people I need to seek permission from, ealabor, so maybe you should give executive permission or you should ask them.

BTW, traditional hoplites:
tradhopliteck7.jpg

ealabor said:
Tercero said:
WOW that looks awesome if you ever release it you should post the link here  :mrgreen:

Of course he still has to obtain the permissions for the equipment if he releases it.

Otherwise I burn TWC down  :wink:
yeah! but seems that Hegemony is going to be a big franchise  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

These are the authors:

Stelious - 95% of helmet models, and textures for them. Retexture to muscle cuirass models. Kataphract elephant helmet model
Merlkir - Iberian shield models and textures. Pectoral texture. Roman shield models and textures. Retexture to Thureos

Alxcruel Scythian and Sarmatian armour and helmet models / armoured horse models.

Talon:
bellthorax
spartan bronze
petasus helmet/hat
chiton (male and female)
toga (greek style)
linothorax (ie halfscalelino_grn, scale_lino_full, etc)
boarstusk helmet
bronze and iron dory
bronze and iron javelin
para dagger and xiphos
kopis (all named kopis)
pilos helmet
xiphos (all named xiphos)
hoplon
aspis

I'll give you executive order for using Stelious helmets which is almost all of them, so long as you credit him. You also need to notify Merlkir and Talon if you intend on using their equipment. They both are active on the forums here.

William Berne modeled the elephants if you include those. He is also active.

Regarding the map, what area do you intend to encompass, and do you have a mapper in mind??

Also much of the equipment you have transferred has since been retextured by me. Have you had to change the texture sheets?

ealabor said:
These are the authors:

Regarding the map, what area do you intend to encompass, and do you have a mapper in mind??

Also much of the equipment you have transferred has since been retextured by me. Have you had to change the texture sheets?

Map: Italy, Sicily, Greece and Crete. Start date the end of the 2nd Punic War.

Textures: I haven't changed the texture sheets. I could do with any improved textures. Have you retextured the secrad band muscle cuirass which I have used for the hetaroi, below:

Companion cavalry (hetairoi):
(I know xystos is two-handed and uncouched but M2TW doesn't have two handed lance anims and you need a shield to cover up the anim)
companionun2.jpg

Thessalian Heavy Cavalry:
thessalysx6.jpg

Argyspades (silver shield phalanx):
(Please ignore borked shields - will be fixed)
silvershieldsuz2.jpg

Banzai! said:
Textures: I haven't changed the texture sheets. I could do with any improved textures. Have you retextured the secrad band muscle cuirass which I have used for the hetaroi, below:

Yeah but I wont be releasing those before the next version of 268 B.C. is released  :wink:

Banzai! said:
Companion cavalry (hetairoi):
(I know xystos is two-handed and uncouched but M2TW doesn't have two handed lance anims and you need a shield to cover up the anim)

You could go with a transparent model for the shield.

I got the permissions.

I will be making a mod announcement on TWC today as soon as I finish the gallic warband.

New units.

Fixed argyspades (silver shield phalangites):
argyspadesoa5.jpg

Pezheteroi (caped crusaders):
pezheteroion2.jpg

Phalangites (cannon fodder):
phalangitesnu4.jpg

Gesaetae (skinnydippers) [unupgraded / upgraded will get helmets]
BTW how am I going to do the hair with this lighting problem.
gaestaebp3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom