Best-dressed Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

Ä bit üf Schwisss from ze 70s.

M18 helmet dudes defending against M71 helmet dudes.
7981955.jpg
swiss%20helmet.jpg

That elephant in particular was a seleucid war elephant with head and body armor, however Roman Elephant armor was apparently very similar. This is all according to the source of that image.
For some reason I always pictured those unarmored AoE elephants, however seeing them in armor I understand why they were so hard to take down. Fun fact: Elephants are afraid of flaming pigs. And so am I.

New post.
Yeah, War Elephants are so radical. They must have been so cool back in the day.  :grin:

jacobhinds said:
Is that the Romans? The equipment of the guys on the ground makes me think it's the Pyrrhus and the epirotes.
:grin: they're actually Seleucids, they did try
to adopt roman style equipment and armor...

36-3e405be8ad.jpg

40-8bb4dfc68e.jpg

pWOQO9z.jpg

8XvoXPW.jpg

O0i0AOA.jpg

0WJweh7.jpg

:wink: Carthaginian war elephant...

vzv7FGH.jpg

qcn7nhJ.jpg

matmohair1 said:
jacobhinds said:
Is that the Romans? The equipment of the guys on the ground makes me think it's the Pyrrhus and the epirotes.
:grin: they're actually Seleucids, they did try
to adopt roman style equipment and armor...
wasn't that just what the Romans saw? I mean by then the development of thureophoroi and thorakitai was well under way surely (yes I take this from EB)

The Thureophoroi and Thorakitai were earlier inventions than the roman imitations, but they were based off similar influences to those experienced by Rome, namely Celtic (Galatian) equipment.

Later on they adopted much of the successful equipment and tactics that the Romans had used with similar troops, and so Roman writers on encountering them assumed they were copies of the Roman legions.

Angelsachsen said:
Do law enforcement really count as warriors in this context? Not being critical or anything.
Cops are warriors.
Have you seen what the criminals are packing?

When you have to fight criminals armed to the teeth you become a warrior.

Hey, Rabble is right here. Performing no-knock raids with dodgy warrants on the wrong house in the middle of the night is dangerous. You never know how many dogs you'll need to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom