burgeportraitweb.JPG

danishhardball1large.JPG

blacklion3.JPG

sniperthreeweb.JPG

Ghillie suits = Win

Aqtai said:
Well here are some pics of 16th century janissaries, judge for yourself:
*snip*
http://www.zgapa.pl/zgapedia/data_pictures/_uploads_wiki/b/Battle_of_Vienna.SultanMurads_with_janissaries.jpg
Where are their pots? If I'm not mistaken, each Janissary carried a pot and if he lost it, it was a real tragedy.

And Janissaries weren't recruited from captured children, that were sipahi. Janissaries were rather like foreing legion.

Redcoat - Mic said:
Funny, I don't remember generic space marines in history.

A better follow up to this post is to debate which is better, Master Chief or The God Emperor of Mankind?

Most likely not. It's tough enough crawling around in the ghillie suit.

Also, by the time you had guns that could hit a door consistently at medium ranges, armour was in very limited use.

SanDiego said:
Aqtai said:
Well here are some pics of 16th century janissaries, judge for yourself:
*snip*
http://www.zgapa.pl/zgapedia/data_pictures/_uploads_wiki/b/Battle_of_Vienna.SultanMurads_with_janissaries.jpg
Where are their pots? If I'm not mistaken, each Janissary carried a pot and if he lost it, it was a real tragedy.

And Janissaries weren't recruited from captured children, that were sipahi. Janissaries were rather like foreing legion.
Yes they were. Sipahi were essentially feudal knights, who held land in return for service.

If someone was shooting at you would you prefer to be thinking, oops I realy shouldn't be getting shot at, or, **** I'm not wearing body armour.

pentagathus said:
If someone was shooting at you would you prefer to be thinking, oops I realy shouldn't be getting shot at, or, **** I'm not wearing body armour.

I'd prefer to be thinking "Well, those guys are not shooting at me, because I just shot them from 1200 meters away, from thick undergrowth while wearing a ghillie suit and using a silenced M24 SWS."

The Mercenary said:
pentagathus said:

I'd prefer to be thinking "Well, those guys are not shooting at me, because I just shot them from 1200 meters away, from thick undergrowth while wearing a ghillie suit and using a silenced M24 SWS."

That would be assuming you're in the perfect situation, the situation he's talking about involves you actually getting shot at so everything you're thinking about would be the equalavent of a child covering his eyes and thinking to himself "If I can't see them then they can't see me... right?! D:".

An4Sh said:
The Mercenary said:
pentagathus said:

That would be assuming you're in the perfect situation, the situation he's talking about involves you actually getting shot at so everything you're thinking about would be the equalavent of a child covering his eyes and thinking to himself "If I can't see them then they can't see me... right?! D:".

xD

I love that analogy. Anyway, if you're a sniper and you're getting shot at, you either need to run somewhere else, be dead, or blame your spotter.

Back
Top Bottom